*Spoiler thread with planning - Week 8 *

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yera wrote: »
    Hubby just offered me a glass of wine but is it too early ???? lol

What a nice man! I hope he is making the tea as well!
  • Options
    xflarexflare Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leftfeet2 wrote: »
    I am trying to understand if you both had decided to let the matter rest why you came back onto this thread to read more posts that you are not going to agree with just to upset yourselves again

Damage assessment? lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    toyboysmum wrote: »
    Thank you for all the thanks on here! I don't ever post the spoiler on here, so yesterday it was a huge 'honour' to do so on behalf of AR, little did I realise the impact it would have :eek:

I would like to be considered for the Facebook group too, what a marvellous eureka moment you had there :D

I also second, third, fourth a toast to alisonrose - cheers chick *passes over a bottle of champagne*. I sent her a text to pass on thanks and gratitude to her and to ask if she would reconsider but her decision was made. So fingers crossed FG comes up with someone - no pressure there then FG :D

Take care everyone and see you later on in the week, when I start the new thread (will prepare myself for a flaming - no pun intended) for an early start :D:p:D

ps what do the initials FM mean?!!

I think it means Forum Member, but as I'm old I don't know all this text speak stuff !! Being ancient is why I don't do Facebook, so PLEASE stay with us AlisonRose, Footygirl etc. Glad the cheese hedgehog is on the way, I'm just pouring the gin !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toyboysmum wrote: »
    Thank you for all the thanks on here! I don't ever post the spoiler on here, so yesterday it was a huge 'honour' to do so on behalf of AR, little did I realise the impact it would have :eek:

I would like to be considered for the Facebook group too, what a marvellous eureka moment you had there :D

I also second, third, fourth a toast to alisonrose - cheers chick *passes over a bottle of champagne*. I sent her a text to pass on thanks and gratitude to her and to ask if she would reconsider but her decision was made. So fingers crossed FG comes up with someone - no pressure there then FG :D

Take care everyone and see you later on in the week, when I start the new thread (will prepare myself for a flaming - no pun intended) for an early start :D:p:D

ps what do the initials FM mean?!!

Joining in the toast again - never needed an excuse to raise a glass.

FM = Forum member
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because as she herself said, she didn't want to risk someone's livelihood. That tells me the leak is unauthorised and someone gave the game away too soon last night, so we couldn't continue under the assumption that the spoiler derived from an audience member.

Easy to make some poster's here scapegoats, but they didn't out the leaker, he or she did that all by themselves.

Nobody has outed anyone.

Some (a very small number) of posters have taken it upon themselves to make up a new rule and attempt to impose it on everyone else, and have succeeded in spoiling what was a very pleasant Saturday night get together for a number of people.

Well done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it means Forum Member, but as I'm old I don't know all this text speak stuff !! Being ancient is why I don't do Facebook, so PLEASE stay with us AlisonRose, Footygirl etc. Glad the cheese hedgehog is on the way, I'm just pouring the gin !

Whoosh. Cheese and pineapple and gin? :) Not too much tonic thanks! ;) Don't want to drown Gordon do we?
  • Options
    SueDokuSueDoku Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got a bit foggy in places didn't it today? We were having the same "fun".

Didn't it just..! Foglights on a lot of the way - I do sometimes wonder why I bother...then I remember a 3 yr-old Londoner who calls me Grandma....!!

Mind you, car put away now, so I really am ready for that G&T - and maybe a nice danish pastry - oh yes!;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Spratt wrote: »
    Nobody has outed anyone.

Some posters have taken it upon themselves to make up a new rule and attempt to impose it on everyone else, and have succeeded in spoiling what was a very pleasant Saturday night get together for a number of people.

Well done.

I understand the same information appeared elsewhere on the internet at the same time not just on here. Someone mentioned a betting site and another person saw it on Twitter.
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    What a nice man! I hope he is making the tea as well!

I didn't accept it yet - but maybe later- he may do tea if i pretend to snooze but at the moment i am too caught up in the future of the spoiler to feign sleep!!!

ooh as we are asking about abbreviations what does BIB mean?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SueDoku wrote: »
    Didn't it just..! Foglights on a lot of the way - I do sometimes wonder why I bother...then I remember a 3 yr-old Londoner who calls me Grandma....!!

Mind you, car put away now, so I really am ready for that G&T - and maybe a nice danish pastry - oh yes!;)

The worst bit was High Wycombe :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Whoosh. Cheese and pineapple and gin? :) Not too much tonic thanks! ;) Don't want to drown Gordon do we?

No ! Hope the sorrows have all been drowned now and we're back to normal, as I'm off to watch Countryfile. Thank God there isn't a results programme to that !!
  • Options
    GirlygigglerGirlygiggler Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this has got ridiculously out of control now.
    Emma is allowed to have her opinion and you're allowed to have your opinion. Those appalled by Emma being upset, i think that's just ridiculous. Some of the comments towards her have been disgusting. We each are entitled to our own opinions.
    It would be nice now if everyone can move on as this is becoming quite uncomfortable to read, and i enjoy spending time on these forums. I don't want this to ruin it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tangoqueen put my feelings very well and positively too, which is great.

I too tend to lurk rather than comment but wish to thank those who do provide us with the results on a Saturday night, when they should really be on tv.

Just off down the road to the off-licence. Can I fetch anything for you all. Do we know what Alison Rose's favourite is to try and cheer her up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't accept it yet - but maybe later- he may do tea if i pretend to snooze but at the moment i am too caught up in the future of the spoiler to feign sleep!!!

ooh as we are asking about abbreviations what does BIB mean?

BIB = Bit in Bold
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k9fan
    Someone here was not well last night and I forgot to say hope you are better soon - hope she / he sees this at some time when she / he is better.
    hansue wrote: »
    It was Squirts Mum and she has already posted today so hopefully she is better now.
    Thank you.

To Squirts Mum - hope you are better now.
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member

Just off down the road to the off-licence. Can I fetch anything for you all. Do we know what Alison Rose's favourite is to try and cheer her up?

*Chips in to get Alisonrose a well deserved bottle of something tasty
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,628
    Forum Member
    had an interesting forage in posting habits.
    debate effectively started 22:14, ended with last post around 23:20.
    An hour of timing concerns and speculation that the danger was someone in Wembley MIGHT find out the result before being told.
    But I am not sure that anyone who went to Wembley has confirmed they knew earlier than announced (because as people have rightly pointed out - they may well have been more caught up in the moment).

I think we've obviously gotten a lot of our spoilers earlier, and until yesterday I don't think anyone had ever really known or indeed bothered about it.

The situation HAS to be the same at Blackpool surely?
    But it just came to notice more at Wembley last night.

So from this, I conclude... that ever since they got rid of the twin towers, Wembley has, quite simply, dear readers, become evil.

I think I missed my calling - i should go join the police and be a defective detective.

In other news - I am really not getting very far writing up notes on Media law and I have to herd work clothes towards the iron while... yep you guessed it... half watching the results show.

Welcome to my world!
  • Options
    pilgrim4jpilgrim4j Posts: 6,975
    Forum Member
    RFS wrote: »
    Genius and if they say yes - please someone PM me and count me in.
    Me too! Me too! Please...? :)
  • Options
    toyboysmumtoyboysmum Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the explanation!

Cheese and pineapple sticks - yum, in that case I'll bring chocolate fondue set.

And as for the gin - well I never refuse a gin (has anybody tasted Botanist gin, gorgeous stuff from the Islay?)

Also, handing champers out too (cherry coke to drink -yuck!!)

So, back to the dancing - who do you think will be out next week, I'll say Alex or Anita?
  • Options
    eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have had a Eureka moment! Footygirl, Alisonrose *stargazer* would you consider a closed spoiler group on facebook - you would be in control of who could join- you are familiar with most of the regulars on here anyway and if you had someone who caused offence they could be removed- and being a closed group the general public would not see the spoiler accidentally etc- just a thought- please consider this idea

Not all of us are on Facebook :cry: How could the rest of us get our spoiler fix?

I love this thread. Although I haven't posted much I have been in a few times and was even in on pandagate night. Please can we have it back just the same next week, I'll even bake a large chocolate cake with fudgy icing for everybody.

Oh, and a big huge heartfelt thankyou to everyone who has ever posted the spoilers for us.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand the same information appeared elsewhere on the internet at the same time not just on here. Someone mentioned a betting site and another person saw it on Twitter.
    - yes, very true.
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have Facebook:cry:
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss Downton Abbey of a Sunday evening . !! Its a long way to wait if Mary and Mathew have a snog !!
    But at least this spoiler is a bit quicker and not a long drawn out will he wont he .We leave that to Artem .;)

Now who is going next week I wonder ? My bet ,if I was a betting woman would be Anita , then Robbie, then Alex , then Jason or Hollie , unless Holly ups her game by then .Leaving Chelsee and Harry in the running with one other
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,628
    Forum Member
    Not all of us are on Facebook :cry: How could the rest of us get our spoiler fix?

I love this thread. Although I haven't posted much I have been in a few times and was even in on pandagate night. Please can we have it back just the same next week, I'll even bake a large chocolate cake with fudgy icing for everybody.

see THIS is where I get grumpy - y'all have scoffed all this before I even manage to sprint my JD sodden self onto the train to go home.

I just get left the crumbs

[/sniff]
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have Facebook:cry:

I dont either :cry:
    But why on earth would we need facebook when we have DS , or are we letting a few chase us off ???
This discussion has been closed.