Options

Retail Workers - What do customers do that annoys you? (Part 2)

1116117118119120122»

Comments

• Options
    pinkteddyx64pinkteddyx64 Posts: 2,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know somebody who used to work at one of the checkout tills at Morrisons, and some of the customers tried to use their Tesco loyalty cards when they are clearly not shopping at Tesco. They told me it was funny at first, but later on got extremely annoying to keep having to explain to the customers that Morrisons don't accept Tesco loyalty cards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Can I have a bag" for the smallest item?! One guy has a bag for a packet of cigs?! One customer told me off because I folded his paper in half and put it in a bag for him. He told me he doesn't like a crease in the paper!

I get annoyed at how precious people are over their newspaper. They won't take the paper from the top of the pile, even if they are literally the first customer of the day, and insist their paper is in pristine condition. This for an item that costs 30p, and will be thrown straight in the bin after one read through!
  • Options
    BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    I get annoyed at how precious people are over their newspaper. They won't take the paper from the top of the pile, even if they are literally the first customer of the day, and insist their paper is in pristine condition. This for an item that costs 30p, and will be thrown straight in the bin after one read through!

We would get people asking if we had any more copies when we only had one left as they didn't want the last one either, even if it had all of the inserts and was in pristine condition.

One day we couldn't get any national newspapers in due to heavy snow blocking the roads from the distribution centre. We could only get the local ones in as they came from a building behind the shop. Well when people couldn't get hold of their daily fix of crap from the Star, I thought WW3 was going to start.

Honestly, some people shouldn't be allowed to shop. They should just have things delivered to them and stay indoors if they can't deal with a bent newspaper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they have to get the paper underneath, never the one on top.
  • Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I can't get anything on my TV, it's not working!"

I checked and it clearly was working, so I called her back and asked for more specific details about the problem.

"Well it's just scenery and people walking on a beach."
    "...I'm sorry, we can't control what the TV channels decide to show."
    "Oh."

She sounded genuinely confused and sad.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Customer complained to his wife the other day that our boxed and tinned biscuits didnt look to be of the standard of M&S biscuits.

A very posh well spoken man he looked to be and his wife was dressed well as well.

I should have said to him 'look mate this is Sainsburys our biscuits are fine thanks very much - theres a M&S in the town centre why dont you sod of down there' :D
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The good weaather seems to be bringing out customers in the load full, and xmas eve looks like it going to be a bumper time for the shops

Xmas sales for Thu 22 Dec......£400,000, and were expecting atleast £500,000 for 23 Dec, and maybe if enough customers come through shop on Xmas Eve....a cool £750,000

Some of the other bigger stores reported sales of £500,00 for 22 Dec, and expect to take £1,000,000 on 24 Dec

So it begs to question, where is everyone getting the money, arent we all skint
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Customer complained to his wife the other day that our boxed and tinned biscuits didnt look to be of the standard of M&S biscuits.

A very posh well spoken man he looked to be and his wife was dressed well as well.

I should have said to him 'look mate this is Sainsburys our biscuits are fine thanks very much - theres a M&S in the town centre why dont you sod of down there' :D

Last year customer moaned about our prices, and sainsbury were cheaper for the wine, felt like telling him, we go there then, there more deared overall
  • Options
    ProgRockerProgRocker Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blofeld wrote: »
    Exactly the same things have happened to me when I worked in retail. Bags for everything from a Mars bars to a sodding Printer (that was far too big for a bag and had handles on the box anyway). I would often lie and say we'd ran out if I thought they really, really didn't need a bag or if they already had one. :D

I think British people have an unhealthy obsession with bags and putting things in them.

Too bloody right! One person I served yesterday proceeded to put 12 packs of beer or cider in plastic bags. :rolleyes: I suppose the bags might last up until reaching the car park if he didn't have a trolley.
  • Options
    c4ll3mwc4ll3mw Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont work in retail but incr had a really stroppy bloke in our office that had parked in a disabled bay without a valid badge and got a parking fine, he appealed it and lost (rightly so he shouldnt have been in a disabled bat)

So he came in to pay his fine and i was covering cashiers and he just chucked a carrier bag full of 1p to pay for his £30 fine and thought he was funny.

I had last laugh cos made him wait till id counted them all before i would process it and give him a receipt. He wasnt happy.
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    c4ll3mw wrote: »
    I dont work in retail but incr had a really stroppy bloke in our office that had parked in a disabled bay without a valid badge and got a parking fine, he appealed it and lost (rightly so he shouldnt have been in a disabled bat)

So he came in to pay his fine and i was covering cashiers and he just chucked a carrier bag full of 1p to pay for his £30 fine and thought he was funny.

I had last laugh cos made him wait till id counted them all before i would process it and give him a receipt. He wasnt happy.

If this was on private land then you can't "fine" anyone, nor are any "special" spaces enforceable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4ll3mw wrote: »

The 1p coin is legal tender for amounts up to 20p.
  • Options
    c4ll3mwc4ll3mw Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ForestChav wrote: »
    If this was on private land then you can't "fine" anyone, nor are any "special" spaces enforceable.

It wasnt, it was a council owned car park.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,913
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=55476128#post55476128
    This discussion has been closed.