Options

Fancying celebs much older than you? Is it weird, or not?

Comments

• Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I've always fancied older men, though the older I get, the harder it is to find any older.

Can't think of any at the moment. How old is Leroy Jethro Gibbs?
  • Options
    *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    I have a wee shine for Henry Fonda - he's dead.
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a_c_g_t wrote: »
    Haaaaa Sigouney Weaver............ 30 years my senior :)

I forgot Sigouney Weaver.

You can definitely add her to my list. :cool:
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about fancying celebs far younger than you? :D I have a bit of a thing for Jedward I'm afraid.

I can't see the harm - surely most of the point of fancying a celeb is that they're completely unattainable, and it's just a fantasy. And I fancy young Elvis and James Dean, and Gregory Peck, them being dead doesn't stop me.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Gabriel Byrne, Liam Neeson and Nicholas Cage:o
    All considerably older than me.
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    podgicus wrote: »
    Is it a bit weird if you fancy the same celeb as your mum?

Me and my mum both fancy Robson Green (47) (I'm 23) :o

You're not alone there, I've loved Robson Green since I was little and I'm 22. :o

Me, my mum and my nan all like(d) Smithy from The Bill too!

There's also Mikey Graham, Gary Barlow, Michael French. Mark Harmon (Gibbs in NCIS) was born in 1951 and he's lovely, if I was older...

There's a doctor I used to like a lot too who is apparently 46. He was on the Trauma series on BBC1 and I thought he was gorgeous, that and the accent. :o
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    I've always fancied older men, though the older I get, the harder it is to find any older.

Just seen that you mentioned Gibbs too! :D
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yul Brynner, thats all Im saying:o
  • Options
    *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    Yul Brynner, thats all Im saying:o

Oh my! :o I had a dream about him last night. He was building a house with my friend and I was thinking how mad it was to see him in real life and how handsome he was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it weird to fancy a celeb who's quite a bit older than you.

For example, I'm 21 and I fancy Zayn Malik from One Direction who's 19, so that isn't so bad. But then I quite fancy Jason Orange from Take That who's like 43 or something, and Mikey from Boyzone who's 39. Obviously both Jason and Mikey are old enough to be my dad, but I find them pretty hot.

Sorry for the random topic, lol, bit bored!

If I were you I would be more worried about my taste in music than my taste in men :p
  • Options
    Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with it in the slightest. Posted on DS before about the crushes I've had on people like Nick Clegg, Richard Hammond, David Tennant, Christian Horner etc. etc. Currently, I have a crush on Richard Osman ('Pointless'), for example, who is 41 (I think). I'm 23 and beyond caring.
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Ahem, if you read the thread I think you'll find I have first dibs on Gibbs. :mad: :D
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my! :o I had a dream about him last night. He was building a house with my friend and I was thinking how mad it was to see him in real life and how handsome he was.

I dreamed about him for years.:D
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahem, if you read the thread I think you'll find I have first dibs on Gibbs. :mad: :D

:eek: So you do!

Well...series 9 starts tonight, can't beat a bit of that. :D
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    :eek: So you do!

Well...series 9 starts tonight, can't beat a bit of that. :D

:D:D:D
  • Options
    lemonbunlemonbun Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    When I was a young teenager, lots of boys my age fancied Debbie Harry (Blondie). She was old enough to be their mother!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. I can't even begin to think of a time I'll not find Liam Neeson incredibly attractive.
    you have good taste,Liam Neeson is lovely.May I add to that with Antonio Bandares, he is hot,hot,hot:o
  • Options
    alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers guys for making me feel old... Loads of the "older" men you are talking about on here are the same age as me!
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Iphigenia wrote: »

60 - and pretty damn hot! :o
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stangely...when it comes to real life I tend to fancy younger men.

When it comes to celebs I tend to fancy older ones.

Or maybe it's just a coincidence.
  • Options
    Ghost MisguidedGhost Misguided Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's not weird. I'm 21 and find older women attractive, probably more so than women my age, as it's an attractive quality to see an older woman keep herself in good shape and dress well. Would I date an older woman? Probably not. . .
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alsmama wrote: »
    Cheers guys for making me feel old... Loads of the "older" men you are talking about on here are the same age as me!
    Yes but if the person is younger than the man they are talking about, then the man is older! For example...the utterly gorgeous Michael French (David Wickes in Eastenders) is someone I'd describe as an older man because he is 49 and 49 is older than 30.

There is nothing wrong with being older!
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    When I was a teenager I fancied men in their late 30s/40s. When I was in my 30s I continued to fancy men in their late 30s/early 40s. Now I'm in my early 40s I still like them and no doubt still will do when I'm in my 60s.

Attraction is a very personal thing so no need to beat yourself up about it as long as it's legal!
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Yes but if the person is younger than the man they are talking about, then the man is older! For example...the utterly gorgeous Michael French (David Wickes in Eastenders) is someone I'd describe as an older man because he is 49 and 49 is older than 30.

There is nothing wrong with being older!

David French. I didn't like him when he was in Eastenders first but now looking at him in reruns of Born and Bred and when he was in Casualty, he is just gorgeous.:p I'm not often attracted to men I just see in the media but I do like him and Colin Firth!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rebecca de mornay.

52yrs and still hot as hell. she's more than twice my age lol
  • Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David French. I didn't like him when he was in Eastenders first but now looking at him in reruns of Born and Bred and when he was in Casualty, he is just gorgeous.:p I'm not often attracted to men I just see in the media but I do like him and Colin Firth!

David French is improving with age like fine wine :D
    Surely no one could fail to see how gorgeous he is whatever their age :o