Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 31)

Comments

• Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Dont think so darling, Beckys exit got 11.5m and there was a big hype over the trial.

I don't think the buzz has been as big as it was for Becky's exit. Plus Becky's exit aired on a Monday night which is traditionally it's most watched night of the week. Plus Corrie hasn't got anything like 13 million viewers since the tram crash which was a far bigger deal for the show. And that in itself had been the first time it got ratings like that in a long, long time.

On and calling another poster 'darling' is incredibly condescending - particularly to a poster who provides a lot of ratings on this thread and knows what he's talking about. :)
  • Options
    wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paltonz wrote: »
    Glee will have their "winter finale" on Feb 21 and returning with new episodes on Apr 10.

That will screw up Sky's plan to bring it back on March 1st without any more breaks, I can see them pushing that back a week now.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Glee should take a 24 schedule and air in January, it seems to be continually interrupted. The other option is 11 episodes in the Autumn and 11 episodes in March with a midseason drama from January-March.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Link: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/02/excess-baggage-set-to-be-trimmed.html

There are speculations that Excess Baggage could be removed from their 7pm timeslot after their abysmal performance on their premiere week. The show, which is going head-to-head against Ten's The Biggest Loser, started with 880k now had 550k on Thursday - compared with TBL's 734k.

Both reality shows have lost to Home and Away on Seven at 7pm slot.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont think so darling, Beckys exit got 11.5m and there was a big hype over the trial.

Becky's exit happened on a Monday when more viewers were available, and I think that had more hype.

And no need for your initial statement either.
  • Options
    Hollywood1989Hollywood1989 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    I don't think the buzz has been as big as it was for Becky's exit. Plus Becky's exit aired on a Monday night which is traditionally it's most watched night of the week. Plus Corrie hasn't got anything like 13 million viewers since the tram crash which was a far bigger deal for the show. And that in itself had been the first time it got ratings like that in a long, long time.

On and calling another poster 'darling' is incredibly condescending - particularly to a poster who provides a lot of ratings on this thread and knows what he's talking about. :)

And because i dont constantly post about ratings, dont mean i dont know about it, i study ratings.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And because i dont constantly post about ratings, dont mean i dont know about it, i study ratings.

But Coronation Street hasn't hit 13m since the tram crash and that had much more hype than this week.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paltonz wrote: »
    The Carrie Diaries look like it will either start off well and then fall off, or just pull a mediocre number get an eventual renewal by May 2013. I think it is amusing how CW will commission reality shows, which clearly no one is interested in than to launch a sitcom. How long has it been since The CW actually had a sitcom?

2007, I think.

They should have a comedy block, IMO. But if they're running a network aimed at women 18-34 (or now adults 18-34) then they should have reality shows as well. Their failure to find a hit reality show to cater to that audience is one of the biggest issues for the network, IMO. They rely far too much on serialised drama.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    But Coronation Street hasn't hit 13m since the tram crash and that had much more hype than this week.

And EastEnders didn't hit 16.7m since 2003 but it managed to get it 7 years later for the live episode.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Says the person who predicted these... http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=56207559&postcount=282
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »

What was wrong with those?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And EastEnders didn't hit 16.7m since 2003 but it managed to get it 7 years later for the live episode.

Yes - for practically the most hyped episode in it's history. Was tonight one of the most hyped episodes of Coronation Street in it's history? Nowhere near.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - for practically the most hyped episode in it's history. Was tonight one of the most hyped episodes of Coronation Street in it's history? Nowhere near.

Yes it was, My Gran was even talking about it to her friend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What was wrong with those?

Erm...
    WEEK 5 SCHEDULE
    Mon 30th January - Sun 5th February

1. The Royal Bodyguard - Mon 21:00 BBC One: 8.3m (31%)

10. Harry Hill's TV Burp - Sat 19:15 ITV1: 11.6m (43%)

:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    2007, I think.

They should have a comedy block, IMO. But if they're running a network aimed at women 18-34 (or now adults 18-34) then they should have reality shows as well. Their failure to find a hit reality show to cater to that audience is one of the biggest issues for the network, IMO. They rely far too much on serialised drama.

Link: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/02/03/thursday-final-ratings-american-idol-big-bang-theory-greys-anatomy-office-mentalist-adjusted-up-rob-adjusted-down/118569/

Speaking of serialised dramas, The Secret Circle final numbers are now 0.7 with 1.74m. American Idol and TBBT tied once again at 5.5 but TBBT had a higher share at 16 (vs Idol's 15).

In addition, NBC said that this week's 30 Rock description was the same as last week's 9pm show, hence some DVRs not being able to record. The overnight and daily final numbers are live + same day. They insisted that it would have been a 1.5 instead of 1.3. Still, either numbers are dismal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it was, My Gran was even talking about it to her friend.

You're telling me tonight was more hyped than Hillman's murder of Maxine, or his subsequent discovery? Or Siege week? Or the tram crash? Or even Becky's departure just over a week ago? And that's just from the 2000s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're telling me tonight was more hyped than Hillman's murder of Maxine, or his subsequent discovery? Or Siege week? Or the tram crash? Or even Becky's departure just over a week ago? And that's just from the 2000s.

If i recall correctly, the hillman climax got something like 19.5m - if corrie really pushed the conclusion of the frank storyline, anything between 15-17m would be realistic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i recall correctly, the hillman climax got something like 19.5m - if corrie really pushed the conclusion of the frank storyline, anything between 15-17m would be realistic.

Depending how they script and promote the climax of Frank's storyline it could rate very well. I'm not sure if it'd quite hit 15m but it could get a big figure.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think so darling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Score wrote: »
    I don't think so darling.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And yet again, if you're opinion doesnt match the majority in here, you are made a fool of.
  • Options
    SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Coronation Street 8.30pm episode probably got 12.5-13m tonight.

More like 9m. almost everyone knew what the result was going to me. You have got to remember we live in a day and age when most of us have got over 40 channels. We won't see ratings like that unless its a huge episode.
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure this CS dispute will be settled within 12 hours, when the ratings will be revealed - I think it will rate 9.5m including +1 . The 11.5m rating for the Becky episode reveal was quite a surprise - I don't see CS getting 12m+ ratings any time soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    I am sure this CS dispute will be settled within 12 hours, when the ratings will be revealed - I think it will rate 9.5m including +1 . The 11.5m rating for the Becky episode reveal was quite a surprise - I don't see CS getting 12m+ ratings any time soon.

Im sorry but you're wrong, I can see it like this

Corrie 7.30 - 11.8m
    EE 8pm - 8.8m
    Corrie 8.30 - 13.2m
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sorry but you're wrong, I can see it like this

Corrie 7.30 - 11.8m
    EE 8pm - 8.8m
    Corrie 8.30 - 13.2m

Just because your gran was talking to a friend about it doesn't mean it's going to hit 13m. It was a Friday night; viewing figures will automatically be down because of it.The whole trial has been overshadowed by the outcome of the affair which climaxed yesterday, resulting in some of the fallout today. The majority of uber fans knew Frank would be found not guilty,so there was little suspense. If Coronation Street hits 10m I'll be stunned, let alone 13.2m as you predict.
This discussion has been closed.