Options

Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,665
    Forum Member
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    I hate to say this but I feel teens could take up a lot of tis Valentine's thing. We saw Callum/Maddie, Ruby/Jono and we know SinBart will feature. I do hope I'm wrong though.

There is a lot going on that week and I am worried that they will shorten the better scenes so the teen scenes get the most time. The wedding should be the focus and I would have hoped it had a whole episode to itself, but I know it wont.
    Ugh, I don't think so. Just their way of going round in circles with Maddie/Callum and trying to present them as a deep, meaningful couple with both parties being 'complicated' people.

I know they probably wont break them up, they seem to want them to be another teen 'it' couple, but I just hoped as the promo was dark and there was a question about their relationship, that it meant trouble for the couple.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    There is a lot going on that week and I am worried that they will shorten the better scenes so the teen scenes get the most time. The wedding should be the focus and I would have hoped it had a whole episode to itself, but I know it wont.

I know they probably wont break them up, they seem to want them to be another teen 'it' couple, but I just hoped as the promo was dark and there was a question about their relationship, that it meant trouble for the couple.

I think there will be trouble for Maddie and Callum but i don't think they will break up! The ways it's going at the moment ist gonna have to come to a head.

Hopefully after the valentine day episode the silly on and off ruby storyline will stop!
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Ah, hello, Nancy's mother, your daughter was in prison too!!
  • Options
    Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    True, but it was for something she didn't do!
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Was she not in prison for having sex with Justin?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Was she not in prison for having sex with Justin?

She did, but she actually didn't do anything wrong. Justin lied to the police about his age to get her into trouble.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did that letter just say that Lynsey has a interview with that creepy doctor? Do doctors really hire nurses? I thought there would be some nurse manager.
  • Options
    Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »

Thanks Mojo :) I have to admit though, it didn't really excite me :o I was only interested in the Darren bit and wondering what Brendan's involvement might be?

Great Doug video too Mojo! I wasn't a fan of the episode, but liked the Without You song with him on the bridge. Your video is great montage of that episode and really well edited :)
    Did that letter just say that Lynsey has a interview with that creepy doctor? Do doctors really hire nurses? I thought there would be some nurse manager.

I was trying to read it really quick, but didn't see
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another plot device, I think! There's no way a doctor would do that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    Thanks Mojo :) I have to admit though, it didn;t really excite me :o I was only interested in the Darren bit and wondering what Brendan's involvement might be?

Great Doug video too Mojo! I wasn't a fan of the episode, but liked the Without You song with him on the bridge. Your video is great montage of that episode and really well edited :)

I was trying to read it really quick, but didn't see

Lynsey just confirmed it, he will be on the panel and his name was the only one mentioned in the letter, so that must mean he is in charge. But to me that doesn't make sense, surely it would be nurses that would interview her for the nursing staff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh hello teens again, I promise I won't rant much about them being in yet another episode ...

but I am struggling to remember a time when Ruby and Jono weren't in an episode lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How long is Ricky going to be a outcast? It's not funny, why does he even want to be apart of the group? They should bring his father back, have him struggle, get Ricky to go to Brendan for drugs to help his father and have him get over his head, like in Doug's Boxing Day storyline, it would have Ricky, Brendan, Cheryl, Doug and even Lynsey. Far better than trying to get those 'cool' teens attention. And if they want him to have teen friends, give him Callum, the only one that doesn't seem to be so shallow.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it possible that they're making the teens worse?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm liking Dr. Browning being revisited. Hollyoaks needs a villian as it doesn't have one atm (Brendan isn't really a villian anymore) and Dr Browning has potential to be a bit of a bad boy.
    iShum wrote: »
    oh hello teens again, I promise I won't rant much about them being in yet another episode ...

but I am struggling to remember a time when Ruby and Jono weren't in an episode lol

Just before New Year :)

I remember because the teens had a talked about what they did over xmas/New Year as if they hadn't seen each other over those two weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iShum wrote: »

I know, black holes don't even seem to exist for them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst I agree Jono has appeared more than we can handle recently, and whilst his storyline with Ruby isn't the greatest storyline in the world, I can say he's at least been given something to do now, rather than being a spare part when he first arrived when everyone hated him (still the same case with some people, but I've seen some have either warmed to him, or at the least, found him less irritating)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mitzeee: I'm working..

Err... where? and since when? and what?! She was broke and worried, ignored for weeks and now suddenly has a job, great story telling Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel for Ricky :(
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is there no space for Ricky? Where exactly were they planing on putting Callum, Tilly and George - the boot???
  • Options
    rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "It's very spotteh" and "darlin' I am a hashtag".

Mitzeee Minniver, you are this show's saving grace
  • Options
    Forum Member
    avon942 wrote: »
    How is there no space for Ricky? Where exactly were they planing on putting Callum, Tilly and George - the boot???

They are not going, Maddie said George had disappeared and Tilly was busy, then she got a text from Callum saying he couldn't make it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So Mitzeee works in Chez Chez? Since when?

Nancy's mum is such a cow :D
    They are not going, Maddie said George had disappeared and Tilly was busy, then she got a text from Callum saying he couldn't make it.

So what about the ticket that Maddie so kindly 'gave' to Tilly that Ruby bought?

And if you spend £170 or whatever it was on a ticket and plan it in advance, I'm sure you're going to make an effort to make it! What a waste of money!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "It's very spotteh" and "darlin' I am a hashtag".

Mitzeee Minniver, you are this show's saving grace

I loved that! Mitzeee is brilliant. More Mitzeee!

But working at Chez Chez? Brendan pushed her away, but has given her a job, doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is it possible that they're making the teens worse?

I know it's not going to happen, but how I wish that Neil could write the lot of them off
  • Options
    rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    So Mitzeee works in Chez Chez? Since when?

I'm guessing she's taken Ste's old job (until her new promotion of course) but it'd be nice if that had actually been, y'know, put in the script - surely Brendan would have had something to say.

How is Cindy in the wedding dress heartbreaking right now? Steph Waring does not get enough credit.
This discussion has been closed.