Options

Is Coach Trip back around February 2012 I assume

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They had a stale-mate in Series 4 and that gave Jayson a yellow. Which eventually weakened the alliance.

It didn't really make any difference:cool:
  • Options
    flyonthewallflyonthewall Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ebahgum wrote: »
    It didn't really make any difference:cool:

Well, it made sure Jayson got a red card on Day 20 lol. I take your point though.

All I'm saying is, if the alliance try and resist and the newbies force a stale-mate, then brendan should give both couples a yellow. If they decide to block vote each other the following night, then both couples are off the coach.

Then you add two new couples the following day, making them immune, throw in an instant red card, which sends another couple packing.

This is something that would shake the game up.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Lou doesn't take part in the booty shaking tomorrow :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, it made sure Jayson got a red card on Day 20 lol. I take your point though.

All I'm saying is, if the alliance try and resist and the newbies force a stale-mate, then brendan should give both couples a yellow. If they decide to block vote each other the following night, then both couples are off the coach.

Then you add two new couples the following day, making them immune, throw in an instant red card, which sends another couple packing.

This is something that would shake the game up.

Jenna and Jodie going home weakened the so called 'alliance' which was really only six kids enjoying each others company. Said it so many times, "vote off the people you least like travelling with", and that is all they did
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ebahgum wrote: »
    Jenna and Jodie going home weakened the so called 'alliance' which was really only six kids enjoying each others company. Said it so many times, "vote off the people you least like travelling with", and that is all they did

I still think that method has applied throughout each series. Although since Series 6, it's more about 'safety in numbers' and when the time is right stab each other in the back.

But, lets remind ourselves of Paul and Matt. They were part of the young alliance of S4 and they dropped Jayson. Lol, I remember thinking how much of a betrayal that was, and then for Paul and Matt to turn on Carla later down the line was just another shocker.

It's strange when you see allies turn on each other.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has no booty to shake. I saw a dozen better looking ones today. Women with proper curves.

Size 8 is too skinny for me lol.

Was thinking the same thing meself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mounty wrote: »
    I hope Lou doesn't take part in the booty shaking tomorrow :eek:

Lol, well someone on here was saying they like the curvier woman.....
  • Options
    FFSFFS Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, since you've already been schooled about your argument that Lou does not deserve all she gets when she is the one making the ugliest ugly judgements...
    I personally dislike it when people comment on people's weight.

You certainly are being quite a hypocrite here. Agreeing -- no, actually expressing "love" for -- someone who calls someone "too skinny" and that that someone has "no booty to shake" and that he'd seen "a dozen better looking ones today" and finally, forcefully implying that that someone isn't a "[woman] with proper curves".
  • Options
    gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    spot on
  • Options
    japarajapara Posts: 1,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is the total hypocracy of these horrible people that I find hard to take. All the sadness about the 2 older guys leaving when every last one of them was responsible for making them leave. How dare they be so patronising as to make the excuses that they are worried about their fitness/ health surely it is up to the individual to decide if their fitness is adequate. Besides there hasn't really been any evidence that having the stick has made more difficult (in such a short time) than it has been previously for some of the older or overweight people. At least he wanted to give things a go - not everyone yesterday was willing to go into the ball!!!
    It is a shame the we the viewers have been deprived of seeing some really nice and possibly much more interesting people for a bit longer.
  • Options
    winenroseswinenroses Posts: 6,470
    Forum Member
    I hope the ones who deserve another coach trip win. The two gentlemen would have deserved it in one way, but now I think there are not that many who honestly do.

The other coachees may vote for Lou and Chez.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    I want to do unspeakable things to Chloe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol.... easy tiger! :D
  • Options
    eyesofadjeyesofadj Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    The coach trippers need to go some balls! They all voted Vic and Mick, who in my opinion, are the stereotypical people who actually go on these trips, as well as being genuinely nice individuals. They were all bricking it to vote for another couple cos they knew it would backlash the next day, they are all scum in my opinion and none of them are gonna be deserved winners.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Lol.... easy tiger! :D

Her booty shake. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really felt very sorry for Vic and Mick yesterday,I cannot stand Lou anymore,I really hope she gets the boot!
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eyesofadj wrote: »
    The coach trippers need to go some balls! They all voted Vic and Mick, who in my opinion, are the stereotypical people who actually go on these trips, as well as being genuinely nice individuals. They were all bricking it to vote for another couple cos they knew it would backlash the next day, they are all scum in my opinion and none of them are gonna be deserved winners.

Totally agree with all that you have said.

As an aside, how come you joined in 2006 and hung on for 6 years to be rattled enough to post?

A reply is discretionary.

Welcome to the ridiculous world of DS BTW.:)
  • Options
    winenroseswinenroses Posts: 6,470
    Forum Member

Leah would like that more. ;):D
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did!

About time they brought that back dont you think? :D:D

Oh that anonymous vote and Pasquale was fun to watch in a cringe-making sort of way, though I still don't know why they didn't just refuse to say who they'd voted for instead of lying.

I think they should bring back the anonymous vote every now and then - maybe the only way to shake a controlling couple who people seem to be afraid of crossing.
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    metallica1 wrote: »
    Fudbeer and Justabloke, I salute you! And thank you for your support of Vic and Mick. Vic was massively under-estimated as he would have given most of that shower a run for their money and left'em standing! (If only he were to be given a chance) If you recall at the start of their stay, he stated that he fought the one and only Frank Bruno before Bruno had made a name for himself. Vic took a right hiding but admitted it on national tv. His heart is as strong as an ox and he has guts!! What's the rest of the coach parties excuse???

I thought Vic was great, and Mick seemed a really nice chap too. I was very sorry they were voted off like that in what seemed a cowardly vote. Particularly galling to hear Lou and Chez's faux concern.
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose Vicn'Mick's departure tonight is a sure thing..:(

Its so maddening. All this excuse about him and worrying about him because he has a poorly leg. He wasnt bothered by it.

What I dont understand is why do the producers of coach trip take on people with a disability like his, if they then dont cater for them on the tasks.

Perhaps Brendan could have sorted out something else for him to do.

Its pointless in having them on the coach its really sad as I found them both to be very likeable. I have really gone of this series to be honest. The new people have no chance if the old ones are just going to vote them off in 3 days with pathetic excuses. I agree with another poster i think now is the time for an instant red card to get rid of a pair of the oldies......to make it more fair for the new ones coming in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Yes it is. They've covered a fair bit of ground on the current run.

I wouldn't like to see the format change too much, because people would complain about the newbies forming alliances, lol, so we would still get people whining.

It would be good to throw in a couple of instant reds, after getting the coach down to 5 couples, then introduce 2 new couples which could shake things up.

Hi flyonthewall
    Your idea is similar to an idea I posted earlier(page 85) but mine concentrated on the last 10 to 15days to shake up any
    "comfortable cliques". I understand mine mine might seem a bit
    hard on the originals(2 couples go almost straightaway) but
    Within 3 days the coach gets a new balance and the popular
    couples will still be there.I can see my idea might seem a bit drastic but this is something channel 4 can keep up their sleeves and use if necessary ( i.e this trip might have benefitted).I can see ebahgums take on the vote (6 kids who enjoy each others company) but that doesn't apply to this series this is 5 couples who know they are on to the end (and have known for at least a week) and don't appear to be particular friends,but know what side their bread is buttered.
    Hopefully a chorus of "your wonderful beautiful people but goodbye" can be avoided in future.
    Have a look at page 85 and see what you think as I said channel 4 does'nt have to use it but it's an option.
  • Options
    eyesofadjeyesofadj Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    That's a good question Hoppyuppy, i didn't even realise that!

I have watched Coach Trip avidly for a few years and it is the only reality prog i watch and enjoy.
    I very rarely have a problem with it, but this season i feel there is more decent newbies being voted off too early than ever, and with Vic and Mick being voted off with sick votes, and reading peoples views on here, i thought i would show my support.

Also, i don't know what people are moaning on here about Brendan egging the coachees on to talk about who has been voted off. The reason he is doing it is because he knows the usual suspects who will bite, he isn't stupid! He realises they are scum also!
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    metallica1 wrote: »
    Hi Kayjay,
    I'm totally behind you on that one. Vic is my good friend and neighbour and he is really one of the lovliest, most genuine guys you could ever meet. The man's into everything and is a true showman without the need to be cocky. I phoned him when the episode finished and told what I thought of those backstabbing no-marks on board, and Vic's reply " Ah well, never mind, that's life but we had a nice time all the same". That's the way Vic is. Not a bad word to say about anyone!
    After this, I'm not watching that garbage ever again! As soon as someone genuine goes in, the plastic wannabe's rip them to pieces for no real reason. They didn't have the slightest chance. I hope they're all ashamed of themselves and have to wade nostril deep in elephant crap in the near future!!!
    And hey, he's recently taken up playing the guitar and he's pretty damn good at it too! Who say's you can't teach an old dog new tricks!! You'll always be a star to me old mate;)

Well i thought they were both lovely and very humble. I wanted them to stay on.

The news on the forum is he had his knee op just before he went on coach trip.

Tell him from me they should have both stayed on they were the only 2 genuine people on there. As to playing the guitar good for him. They both rocked. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    romfidave wrote: »
    As this trip fizzles out with newbies coming and going straight away I thought I'd float this idea to give following series a shake up.
    As usual until 10 or 15 days from the end then,then all new couples get 2 days straight immunity
    this ensures all couples get 3 full days.On the night of the new couples 1st vote this is an instant red to rattle the originals.A 2nd new couple must come the next day and again the vote is an instant red this will weaken any comfortable cliques by 2 and with a new couple the next day will ensure 3 new(ish) couples on the coach.Then normal yellow and reds will apply until the end
    with newbies getting 2 days immunity.
    This is just an idea to keep interest going until the end.

I like this idea. This would alter the coach completely within a very short space of time.
This discussion has been closed.