Options

*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    x_hayes_xx_hayes_x Posts: 6,285
    Forum Member
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Maybe I am...maybe I'm not :D

But if we were on the bloody soap forum we'd probably be on part 355 :eek: I don't get what they discuss on there that takes up so much space

I like my soaps but you are right, what is there to talk about???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DJames99 wrote: »
    That's it BadKid is Gaga when it all comes out remember I guessed first.

lol I know I've seen them you should see the Big Brother forum I've seen some on parts 400 plus WTF are they all taking about.

Exactly hehe...what on Earth do they talk about??? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    **CONFIDENTIAL** :p;):D

The one that gets me the most is the Matt Cardle Appreciation thread!!! What do they talk about???? *mind*****

Haha yeah...if only we knew! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jeff confirmed that she's working with RedOne on Twitter.

Receipts: http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m19cxeXhX11r14sbzo1_500.png

I don't see it as a bad thing tbh. Gaga brings the best out of RedOne, no question, and she won't let him half-arse it with his usual "that'll do" productions. He doesn't always get it right (Hair), but Gaga won't be messing around this time. She has a LOT to prove.

Besides, RedOne's involvement could be minimal. He could end up with only one or two tracks. Same goes for Fernando and DJWS. There could be half an album with new producers.

Awesome news I say hehe...bring it on lol! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The plot thickens lol

Well they could be talking about his, erm, album sales I mean all of the 20/30 people who bought it are probably members maybe ....... yeah bit of a mindf*** that one.

Indeed it does hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did you like the latest pic on twitter, nobody looks at it for the ear ring ;)

Haha, we shouldn't be bitches but I really struggle to understand what there's to talk about on a lot of these threads :confused:

Lol! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah so it's genuine :sleep: I hope you're right and that he's limited to what he can do, I don't want White Shadow on the album either I think the whole thing said about Madonna was very immature and unneeded

We will just have to wait & see I guess hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I saw it on the Daily Mail website apparently she looks tired and worn out lol, I though she looked great. Shame she gets a lot of flack for her looks because underneath her crazy outfits she's a beautiful women I mean I wouldn't turn her down.

lol yeah your right just kidding Matt fans if you're lurking.

I thought she looked great too??? :confused: Hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She won't be ****ing around with this album. There's too much at stake for her to not go above and beyond.

I want more DJWS tbh. His productions were great. Not bothered over what he said about Madonna, that's irrelevant to the music.

Yeah true hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RedOne has disappointed me doing a lot of generic stuff, but again, the Gaga-RedOne duo has still to disappoint me. Yes, my favorite songs from BTW are definitely from Garibay, but Hair and Scheisse are pretty nice too :).

Edit: Wow, how did I forget about Judas? :eek: One of my all-time favorite Gaga songs :).

'JUDAS' in my favourite song on 'BTW' hehe...I ADORE it lol! <3
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning guys! I see the mods are holding out on us!

Great news about redone, though i don't necessarily see it as full on confirmation rather not a denial, if you see what i mean! I liked her DJWS stuff too but would like her to maybe work with new people and also just remember that not everything has to be completely over-produced *cough HAIR cough* I'd love a song where its just her and the piano :) i'd actually really like a copy of her doing EOG just on the piano, i thought it was amazing when she did it on R1BW.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning guys! I see the mods are holding out on us!

Great news about redone, though i don't necessarily see it as full on confirmation rather not a denial, if you see what i mean! I liked her DJWS stuff too but would like her to maybe work with new people and also just remember that not everything has to be completely over-produced *cough HAIR cough* I'd love a song where its just her and the piano :) i'd actually really like a copy of her doing EOG just on the piano, i thought it was amazing when she did it on R1BW.

Yes Mods why are you holding out on us??? :confused: Hehe!

I'm pleased Gaga & Redone are working together lol! :p;):):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing about Judas is that it started of with "Woah oh oh oh oh" just like Bad Romance, straight into "Juda-juda-ah-ah" which was a similar chunk to "Ooahohahoh oh oh" followed by "Rah rah ah ah ah" for the casuals. Add into that the extreme religion (It's basically just a song about the time Gaga read the bible converted into a love song)... the masses didn't like it.

If it were a song about being 'in da club' with everything else the same, it would've killed the planet.

I want to love it, but something's pulling me away from it.

It keeps popping up as my most quoted and most listened to song from BTW, but it'd never cross my mind if asked to name my favourite track on the album. Subliminal favour.

You know, I wouldn't be against Gaga doing a collab with one of these rent-a-DJ/Producer for one track just to see what it's like to sell your soul to the charts. David Guetta has some OK songs, but everyone works with him, Same with Calvin Harris... I say we get Gaga feat. Example. He can do any man-voiced bits, too, like the bits RedOne slips in.

I wonder how that'd go, because Gaga likes to have alot of input into the production side of her music, but would Example be willing to share control? Hm.

I like that Gaga constantly references stockholm syndrome in her albums. We had her entrapment of men in PokerFace and Paparazzi, Bad Romance is the theme tune for stockholm syndrome, and Judas/Scheisse continue the trend. I wonder what else we will see along that somewhat warped mental path of hers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The thing about Judas is that it started of with "Woah oh oh oh oh" just like Bad Romance, straight into "Juda-juda-ah-ah" which was a similar chunk to "Ooahohahoh oh oh" followed by "Rah rah ah ah ah" for the casuals. Add into that the extreme religion (It's basically just a song about the time Gaga read the bible converted into a love song)... the masses didn't like it.

If it were a song about being 'in da club' with everything else the same, it would've killed the planet.

It keeps popping up as my most quoted and most listened to song from BTW, but it'd never cross my mind if asked to name my favourite track on the album. Subliminal favour.

You know, I wouldn't be against Gaga doing a collab with one of these rent-a-DJ/Producer for one track just to see what it's like to sell your soul to the charts. David Guetta has some OK songs, but everyone works with him, Same with Calvin Harris... I say we get Gaga feat. Example. He can do any man-voiced bits, too, like the bits RedOne slips in.

I wonder how that'd go, because Gaga likes to have alot of input into the production side of her music, but would Example be willing to share control? Hm.

I like that Gaga constantly references stockholm syndrome in her albums. We had her entrapment of men in PokerFace and Paparazzi, Bad Romance is the theme tune for stockholm syndrome, and Judas/Scheisse continue the trend. I wonder what else we will see along that somewhat warped mental path of hers.

We will just have to see what path she takes next lol! :p;):):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member

The only rapper I wouldn't vomit over her working with is Kanye. He's easily the most creative and interesting male act out right now and he could do something truly interesting with her. It wouldn't just be a rent-a-rapper verse, I'd want a full on collaboration. Intense, creative and over the top. Jay Z would be alright but not as good.

I do have a morbid curiosity over what she could create working with people like Guetta and Dr. Luke, though. Could she really whip them into shape and do something interesting?
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judas is my favourite Gaga song, I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was the song that made me like Gaga despite its faults I'll always like Judas it's just a fun song shame so many people took it a little to seriously.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only rapper I wouldn't vomit over her working with is Kanye. He's easily the most creative and interesting male act out right now and he could do something truly interesting with her. It wouldn't just be a rent-a-rapper verse, I'd want a full on collaboration. Intense, creative and over the top. Jay Z would be alright but not as good.

I do have a morbid curiosity over what she could create working with people like Guetta and Dr. Luke, though. Could she really whip them into shape and do something interesting?

Thing about working with Guetta and Dr Luke is that the latter is a beat-driven sing-song-talk songwriter/producer (Tik-Tok, SO what etc) and that's Gaga's style with redone during her verses - Poker Face and Judas most notably were monotone or thereabouts for the entire verse - Maybe Dr Luke would be able to come up with something to make them a little bouncy, but not fluffy.

As for Guetta, I just like the epic sound he has on songs like Titanium and his bouncy beats that come along with them. That'd suit songs like Fashion of his love.
  • Options
    Ted2012Ted2012 Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favorite Gaga record is the next one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thing about working with Guetta and Dr Luke is that the latter is a beat-driven sing-song-talk songwriter/producer (Tik-Tok, SO what etc) and that's Gaga's style with redone during her verses - Poker Face and Judas most notably were monotone or thereabouts for the entire verse - Maybe Dr Luke would be able to come up with something to make them a little bouncy, but not fluffy.

As for Guetta, I just like the epic sound he has on songs like Titanium and his bouncy beats that come along with them. That'd suit songs like Fashion of his love.

I think I'd prefer Guetta - if she had to - because of the beats. Gaga has the melody and lyrics down so really she only needs a fresh take on production to liven things up. It'd be interesting to hear what Guetta would offer. I also think he'd truly bring his A game for snagging that collaboration.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lady Gaga ‏ @ladygaga
    #MyFavoriteGagaAlbumIs The next one.

Sounds like it's pretty far along.

+

Jacked from GGD:
    Fernando Garibay followed Gaga throughout Europe last summer + DJWS has been in NYC everytime she's been here. She's clearly been working on it on the DL.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yeah it would be interesting to see how collaborations worked.
  • Options
    Forum Member

It's one of my faves hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was the song that made me like Gaga despite its faults I'll always like Judas it's just a fun song shame so many people took it a little to seriously.

Yeah it's SO underrated IMO hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member

True, true hehe! :p;):):D
This discussion has been closed.