Options

The Big Holby City Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Marie-Claire too, more interesting than Lleuleu (sp?), hope she comes back full time.
  • Options
    cloverclover Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely - Alex were verging on being just as irritating with the smirks and sideways lip pulling.

She went over the verge as far as I was concerned. Since Michael is currently almost making me forget my deep and abiding love for Joseph Byrne (the former World's Most Beautiful Heart Surgeon), I was getting more than a bit irritated with Mad Maya and her sneery face-pulling.

Enjoyed seeing Greg get punched. Enjoyed seeing Malick get the job.

Episode review here.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clover wrote: »
    She went over the verge as far as I was concerned. Since Michael is currently almost making me forget my deep and abiding love for Joseph Byrne (the former World's Most Beautiful Heart Surgeon), I was getting more than a bit irritated with Mad Maya and her sneery face-pulling.

Enjoyed seeing Greg get punched. Enjoyed seeing Malick get the job.

Episode review here.

Oh no, Clover. Much as I love Michael (especially the grizzly look), no-one could ever replace the gorgeous Joseph Byrne in my affections. Those blue eyes, that sexy voice, those massive......shoulders, that caring nature, and best of all - the love for Jac, warped and all as it was at times.....
    He was divine :o
  • Options
    BLADESMAN1889BLADESMAN1889 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re; Jac,

I'm sure for quite a while she was a lesbian and then all of a sudden she, er .....wasn't ?? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone likes a bit of Marie-Claire. I don't see why they don't add her as a full time character, she seems popular - but that is just judging from here.

Marie Clare used to be in it quite alot but now only turns up very rarely. They should expand her role.

I remember one of her rare recentish stints involved her waiting for her shift to end as she was going on holiday and Jac let her leave at the end of the episode by saying something like 'fly my pretty'.
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no, Clover. Much as I love Michael (especially the grizzly look), no-one could ever replace the gorgeous Joseph Byrne in my affections. Those blue eyes, that sexy voice, those massive......shoulders, that caring nature, and best of all - the love for Jac, warped and all as it was at times.....

A little part of me died when he left :cry:

Him and Jac (as turbulent as their relationship was) belong together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »

Absolutely! I read somewhere that Rosie Marcel made Luke Roberts promise that he would come back and be part of her leaving storyline if/when she ever leaves, so she obviously believes it too!!
  • Options
    cats_fivecats_five Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »

Doesn't he deserve a better woman than the one that two-timed him with his father?
  • Options
    cats_fivecats_five Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re; Jac,

I'm sure for quite a while she was a lesbian and then all of a sudden she, er .....wasn't ?? :confused:

Jac surely is sexless, unless it happens to further her career ambitions?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meant to post a spolier but made a bags of it :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re; Jac,

Wan't there a time a couple of years ago when she was nice and looked like she'd found god, then again she suddenly wasn't?

The thing about these 'husband finds out about affair' storylines is suddenly they go from (unrealistically) never catching them together to (unrealistically) always catching them! that being said I cheered when Rafi punched Greg
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When will Greg/Sahira be over grrrrr BBBOOORRRIINNNGGGGGGG
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »

Think Sahira leaves on 17th April, so Yay!!

I was worried if they'd kept her any longer they might have ruined the wonderful Hanssen like they ruined the Greg character.
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely! I read somewhere that Rosie Marcel made Luke Roberts promise that he would come back and be part of her leaving storyline if/when she ever leaves, so she obviously believes it too!!

:eek: I really hope that's true! If she ever left, I'd love to know she left and went off with Joseph :D
    cats_five wrote: »
    Doesn't he deserve a better woman than the one that two-timed him with his father?

True. She was using the Byrne name/status for her own ends at the beginning, but I think Jac bitterly regretted that whole Lord Byrne thing further down the line, when she realised she truly loved Joseph. I just can't see either of them with anyone else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re; Jac,

Not sure but if she was interested I wouldn't say no!! :D
  • Options
    JordanJ7JordanJ7 Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »

I agree. They've dragged this out to much. Very boring now.
  • Options
    cloverclover Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh my gawwd! What are you trying to do to me? Just when I was getting over my grief at losing him to the wilds of Cumbria, you remind me of his magnificence. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clover wrote: »
    Oh my gawwd! What are you trying to do to me? Just when I was getting over my grief at losing him to the wilds of Cumbria, you remind me of his magnificence. :p

Sorry :D, did not mean to bring you back into your grief, Michael is currently my favourite eye candy also, but my heart will forever belong to Joseph Byrne :cry:
    I don't think I will ever get over him leaving Jac and Holby just as he was made a consultant on Darwin, to become a GP in Penrith :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    Will we ever have an answer to why Hanssen is so taken with Sahira? And is he now transferring his affections to Malik?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will we ever have an answer to why Hanssen is so taken with Sahira? And is he now transferring his affections to Malik?

Haha, Hanssen and Malick would certainly be a more interesting prospect than him and Smughira, for sure:D

Although if he had to be paired up with anyone, there's some definite tension between Hanssen and Jac ;)
  • Options
    ArtytartyArtytarty Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    What do we really know about Hanssen? I dimly remember him driving off with a couple of snowmen in his car.I thought we would learn about his background soon. But no, still nothing or have I missed it? I love his character, so mysterious!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    And nothing like Alex either. She was a very loving woman who couldn't come to terms with the loss of her's and Carter's child.

I'd ask if sej1986 was thinking of Neela but even that doesn't tie up.

I liked Alex when she came on board, but she showed all of Connie's stubborness and even more arrogance. I ended up disliking her at the end.

I did mean Kem, sorry I couldn't think of her name off the top of my head and also I didn't realise she wasn't a surgeon- it's been a while since I watched ER :p

I couldn't stand her, either way! :D

As for this week's episode-

Glad Alex has gone. I agree- in this episode she reminded me more and more of Connie and while I thought the idea of Michael/Connie was a wasted opportunity when Connie left, I was more than happy to see the back of Alex. Not least because I want to see Michael and Frieda together. Right now, I'd just settle for them having some shared screen time!!!

Rafi/Greg/Hanssen/Sahira... is that still going on? Really? I was hoping for something a bit more dramatic when Rafi punched Greg :rolleyes: I thought the Linden/Joseph punch up was more exciting :p

Michael was just brilliant, as usual. I really am upset to hear that the beard is no more! Ah well. He can put an apple on my desk any day ;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Artytarty wrote: »
    What do we really know about Hanssen? I dimly remember him driving off with a couple of snowmen in his car.I thought we would learn about his background soon. But no, still nothing or have I missed it? I love his character, so mysterious!

Off the top of my head...he's got an uncle who sends him bottles of a drink he doesn't like, his father died when he was 16, he doesn't seem to have any other family.

He hates tomatoes, likes fixing things, grows roses, seems to like classical music...and he's er...Swedish :D

That's entirely it though isn't it? I love that he's a mystery too but I like the snippets we get as well.
  • Options
    ArtytartyArtytarty Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Thanks Timedancer, you have picked up quite a few little bits there.I wonder if he EVER have his own main story line?! I remember the time he kept a bird until it recovered but then couldnt bring himself to let it go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the new additions in May, especially Catherine Russell as a new Consultant. I wonder if Ric will suddenly get a new pep in his step?? He is long overdue a decent storyline, anyway.

I've also realised that with the departure of Sahira shortly there will be no one left that I detest! She really drove me mad (I'm sure that comes as no surprise to y'all :o) with her smugness. It was a toss up who I disliked more, her or Faye, but I think on mature consideration Faye won by a head.

Anyway, I think Darwin will be fab with Elliot, Jac and Olly, and maybe a new Registrar to look forward to also.

AAU has come into its own, too with Michael, Sasha, Luc and Eddy. I ilke the interactions between them all. Only Chrissie slightly mars it for me but she is being quite nice at the moment.

I find Keller a bit dull but I love Malik, Frieda and Chantelle as a team and I hope Ric follows Elliot in getting his joie de vivre back soon, he has been too quiet of late.

All in all am loving Holby these day, such an improvement over the past few months :)
This discussion has been closed.