Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 255)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyra500 wrote: »
    Re: wedding

Yasmin needs to be old enough to toddle, so she can be flower girl. :D

ETA: I have no idea of Muslims have flower girls.

ETA 2: They do now! ;)

If Muslims don't, Christian does?

Yasmin and Amy 4 Flower Girls campaign starts now.

W/ Roxy as Maid of (Dis)Honour?

And Billy/Tamwar as Best Man (because Syed apparently has no friends?)
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the idea of a ring inside the divorce papers :D and, yes, mustn't forget the candle!

oh bless Chryed and their unromantic ways!

I know that 'four tea candles and a takeaway' has become representative of Syed's crap romantic attempts, but my favourite has to be the 'romantic gesture' of calling the office of a divorce lawyer. Which was closed. :D When Christian says 'I love you anyway', he clearly means 'despite your shit ideas of romance'. :sleep:
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    double post!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And Billy/]Tamwar as Best Man (because Syed apparently has no friends?)

BIB: Absolutely! This is what I was thinking. :cool:

And I think Roxy already finagled a promise from Christian to let her be his best man, although I may have dreamed this. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as the business wasn't the tat stall, I'd be totally game for this.

And A and B storylines tend to involve cheating, character assassination or both, so I'm quite happy to have a smaller storyline that quietly develops their characters and opens them up to the wider community instead of being stuck in their own little bubble.

BIB1: Of course not the tat stall. It'll be ... something. IDK. Something that profits well so they can afford life.

BIB2: That is pretty much what I want. I don't think we're going to get it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm imagining an engagement ring inside his divorce papers. And one candle. Which then blows out. :D

I wouldn't want another proposal, as such, but I'd really like an unromantic way of announcing to Christian that they can now officially get married.

BIB This!! :D

And Billy/Tamwar as Best Man (because Syed apparently has no friends?)

Definitely Tam as best man and Roxy as best woman! Amy and Yasmin as little bridesmaids/flowergirls and Kamil as a little page boy/usher! That saying I don't want an OTT wedding....as long as the three kids and their families are there that's all that matters!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    I dont need another proposal but I would like some talk on the subject: Rings, outfits, guests, faith. But this is EE, they've already covered the first 2 of these in 40 sec scenes, why give it any more screentime?
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    I know that 'four tea candles and a takeaway' has become representative of Syed's crap romantic attempts, but my favourite has to be the 'romantic gesture' of calling the office of a divorce lawyer. Which was closed. :D When Christian says 'I love you anyway', he clearly means 'despite your shit ideas of romance'. :sleep:

lol, I love that Syed's idea of a "big romantic gesture" is to call in a divorce lawyer :p

Oh, and mustn't forget his rubbish 39th birthday card too :D
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm imagining an engagement ring inside his divorce papers. And one candle. Which then blows out. :D

I wouldn't want another proposal, as such, but I'd really like an unromantic way of announcing to Christian that they can now officially get married

Yeeees, I like this. :D Maybe he has to get up early for a shift on the stall, gets the papers in the post, so lays them on top of a sleeping Christian before leaving. :p

Re: business idea - it was suggested in IS that Tafia are considering leaving the AB to concentrate on their marriage or something? Enter Chryed. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OT but Will.i.am is just too cute :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Belgian soap called "Thuis" (Home) introduced their first gay character hardly a year ago. Or no, that's not quite right, they had a lesbian couple in it for years, but anyway... This young chap, F, comes out of the closet, has a big fall-out with his homophobic dad, who since then has magically turned around and accepts it (ooc much!).. About 3-4 months ago, F meets guy called T, about 10 years older than him, love at first sight, etc etc... Then boyfriend turns out to have a daughter he knew nothing about (sounds familiar?) - cue relationship under strain... epic fights, fall out, the whole shebang...
    But... "it makes F realize that T is the man of his life, so he proposes to T".... T accepts and they're getting married next month. :sleep:

To be honest, you can have bad pacing that is slooooooooooooooow and you can have bad pacing that is just toooooooooo fast. We had to wait a long time for acceptance from Syed's parents, and no matter how frustrating that was, it also made it more believable when they finally did. I'm quite willing to wait for Chryed's CP, because it will mean they are genuinely ready for it...

To have a boy of 19, come out, find acceptance by his homophobic father, and get married to a 33 year old man with a 15 year old daughter :eek: in the space of a year... now that is what I call bad pacing. It reeks of sensationalism too, imo.

(I don't watch the soap, btw, have got all this from the newspapers...)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    Yeeees, I like this. :D Maybe he has to get up early for a shift on the stall, gets the papers in the post, so lays them on top of a sleeping Christian before leaving. :p

Re: business idea - it was suggested in IS that Tafia are considering leaving the AB to concentrate on their marriage or something? Enter Chryed. :cool:

And Christian ends up drooling all over them, yeah. :sleep: It'd be symbolic. But I think this is pretty unrealistic, tbh. Syed getting up early to work on the tat stall instead of calling a random to do it for him? Unlikely. :sleep:

Oooh, I'd actually quite like this. Obviously Christian would still have his job at the gym or still have his PT clients or whatever, but Syed can drop the tat stall like a hot brick as he clearly wants to. They can work together in the kitchens and wear aprons and hairnets again. :D

OT: I went to go on Urban Outfitters and ended up on Urban Dictionary. I don't know what this says about me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB: Absolutely! This is what I was thinking. :cool:

And I think Roxy already finagled a promise from Christian to let her be his best man, although I may have dreamed this. :p

I have this running joke with a friend, that when it comes to gender roles Chryed will always coin toss and Christian will always somehow end up with the 'girl' role.

So Maid of (Dis)Honour.

Definitely Tam as best man and Roxy as best woman! Amy and Yasmin as little bridesmaids/flowergirls and Kamil as a little page boy/usher! That saying I don't want an OTT wedding....as long as the three kids and their families are there that's all that matters!!

TBH still holding out for eloping episode where they run around London with Roxy, Tamwar and maybe Afia, buy a couple of suits, get hitched, buy their guests dinner and a few drinks, then go to a hotel for their wedding night.

It may be split with scenes of Zainab and Masood wondering where they are because they have a package for Chryed but they aren't home, and the little kids of the Square playing and generally being adorable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol, I love that Syed's idea of a "big romantic gesture" is to call in a divorce lawyer :p

Oh, and mustn't forget his rubbish 39th birthday card too :D

I imagine Syed will get Christian a huge '40 TODAY' badge this yaer......Christian will look like this..........:sleep: and this :( and Syed will have to reassure him that he's gorgeous and his big man is the only person he wants :D
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd love chryed to get the AB :) but I think Syed will be tied to his tat stall until the Olympics. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I imagine Syed will get Christian a huge '40 TODAY' badge this yaer......Christian will look like this..........:sleep: and this :( and Syed will have to reassure him that he's gorgeous and his big man is the only person he wants :D

Not only that, but it'll be one of those big flashing badges and probably make some reference to Christian being old as well :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe he can get Rachel's card from Friends as well. "It's better to be over the hill than buried under it". Which Syed would find hilarious, because... you know, it's Syed, and Christian would end up crying in a corner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Either that or Christian fronting it out and sticking it to the crotch of his trousers. But only if it is not a pin badge.

Because Christian has had a year to prepare for this. He is ready for what is probably going to be a (40-second) public tease fest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not only that, but it'll be one of those big flashing badges and probably make some reference to Christian being old as well :p
    Maybe he can get Rachel's card from Friends as well. "It's better to be over the hill than buried under it". Which Syed would find hilarious, because... you know, it's Syed, and Christian would end up crying in a corner.

I can so imagine both of these!! :D

Poor Syed, he will probably spend ages picking a card/present but Christian's bound to be worried/upset whatever happens...Syed will just have to think of some way of making Christian feel all young and virile...... :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    I'd love chryed to get the AB :) but I think Syed will be tied to his tat stall until the Olympics. :sleep:

They could swap! :eek: Since Meryl's so good at clothes I bet she'd make a huge improvement on the tat stall and then if Afia and Tam run it and then Chryed can run the AB & Christian can do fitness on the side, for all the punters who've eaten too much curry! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Christian ends up drooling all over them, yeah. :sleep: It'd be symbolic. But I think this is pretty unrealistic, tbh. Syed getting up early to work on the tat stall instead of calling a random to do it for him? Unlikely. :sleep:

Oooh, I'd actually quite like this. Obviously Christian would still have his job at the gym or still have his PT clients or whatever, but Syed can drop the tat stall like a hot brick as he clearly wants to. They can work together in the kitchens and wear aprons and hairnets again. :D

OT: I went to go on Urban Outfitters and ended up on Urban Dictionary. I don't know what this says about me.

It's so funny how he was all grumpy about spending money on other employees but there's like a different random there selling his tat every week :p

Yeah, exactly. They could still have it as a family business if Tafia need the money - they could just have Syed take over as the manager, and Christian when he doesn't have clients. It makes sense :sleep: And, omg, yes please for MQ reenactment!
    towers wrote: »

Well, he's never there anyway; he could just continue paying other people to work there :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could swap! :eek: Since Meryl's so good at clothes I bet she'd make a huge improvement on the tat stall if her and Tam run it and then Chryed can run the AB & Christian can do fitness on the side, for all the punters who've eaten too much curry! :D

:eek: Best idea ever!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    Would love Chryed to run the AB, think Syed would too. Christain could still PT during the day, then help out his fella (coz they make a great team :sleep:) at night. Anything but the tat stall really!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could swap! :eek: Since Meryl's so good at clothes I bet she'd make a huge improvement on the tat stall if her and Tam run it and then Chryed can run the AB & Christian can do fitness on the side, for all the punters who've eaten too much curry! :D

Yes, please! :D
    It's so funny how he was all grumpy about spending money on other employees but there's like a different random there selling his tat every week :p

Yeah, exactly. They could still have it as a family business if Tafia need the money - they could just have Syed take over as the manager, and Christian when he doesn't have clients. It makes sense :sleep: And, omg, yes please for MQ reenactment!

I think it was more that he was annoyed that Amira had pushed for this crap business and then was refusing to muck in more than actually being opposed to hiring staff. Also, the stall had literally just started up so they couldn't afford it. Realistically, he couldn't afford it now, but realistically that business wouldn't be so much as breaking even, so whatever.

Yeah! Tam and Afia still get a share of the profits and everything, but Syed could buy into the business too and become a partner, then do the day-to-day handling of the restaurant. I like this a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would love Chryed to run the AB, think Syed would too. Christain could still PT during the day, then help out his fella (coz they make a great team :sleep:) at night. Anything but the tat stall really!

anything's better than the tat stall :sleep:
This discussion has been closed.