Options

The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• Options
    superseasquirtsuperseasquirt Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quote-I don't think anyone thought it was the real Will did they? It's just meant to be a parody account... there are thousands of them out there, like the Katie Weasel one
    Ah yes. I was driving along this morning and vaguely remembered her Will Smith retweets. Just checked and it actually says Will Smith Parody.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linseyap wrote: »
    4000 seems a lot, there were nowhere near that many at his tour gigs and those were in cities which are easy to get to! Even taking into account the local interest I wouldn't expect that many..
    I think it might be surprising how many are there! Hammersmith had a capacity of 3, 600 and something and I know it was a central gig but people had other options then like a tour date in their area. We are in drought now so I'm sure a lot of people will travel for another sniff of Matt, we all know how addictive he is:D:D
  • Options
    tillysteeth1tillysteeth1 Posts: 5,771
    Forum Member
    I think it might be surprising how many are there! Hammersmith had a capacity of 3, 600 and something and I know it was a central gig but people had other options then like a tour date in their area. We are in drought now so I'm sure a lot of people will travel for another sniff of Matt, we all know how addictive he is:D:D

I'm thinking the fact they are going to do much trouble to make sure it goes ahead would suggest that plenty have been sold ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boy's been watching lol :D

Matt Cardle ‏ @matt_cardle_uk
    Can't believe we got over 700,000!! You guys are so amazing : ) thankyou all soooooooo much, all my love from LA xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking the fact they are going to do much trouble to make sure it goes ahead would suggest that plenty have been sold ?

That's my take too!! I see Matt has followed 4 more people:D
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kazbo5771 wrote: »
    Congrats to Matt on reaching 700,000 followers. :D

His tweet last night gave me a lovely warm glow :o So sweet

Hi 700,365 now someone has just tweeted.;)
    Quote-I don't think anyone thought it was the real Will did they? It's just meant to be a parody account... there are thousands of them out there, like the Katie Weasel one
    Ah yes. I was driving along this morning and vaguely remembered her Will Smith retweets. Just checked and it actually says Will Smith Parody.

Tbh super I have never bothered to look at it. ;)

I think you might be right there tilly.;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's my take too!! I see Matt has followed 4 more people:D

Aww thats sweet of him BB. ;):D
  • Options
    eldracttameldracttam Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluecandy5 wrote: »
    Boy's been watching lol :D

Matt Cardle ‏ @matt_cardle_uk
    Can't believe we got over 700,000!! You guys are so amazing : ) thankyou all soooooooo much, all my love from LA xxx

Ha Ha Is that the royal WE :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    eldracttam wrote: »
    Ha Ha Is that the royal WE :D:D

LOL of course ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must away to my bed ;):yawn:

Nite Nite sweet dreams.:yawn::sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couple of tweets from a guy on twitter

Mat please tell me the gig is still on in boston, my wife is going crazy with worry! And i need to sleep tonight.

@matt_cardle_uk matt please reply to this, my wife is going crazy with worry, is the gig still happening at Boston?

My reply

@Pj103Pj @matt_cardle_uk Hello:) The council meeting today didn't yet decide on the license for the gig so no one knows what's happening yet

@BrokenBromance thankyou, wont stop the grief i'm gonna get :-(

Poor guy lol:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    CardlescardieCardlescardie Posts: 4,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @matt_cardle_uk: At the W hotel in Hollywood with @willtalbot1 there ate far too many vegetables in my drink! Xx http://t.co/MCQs4SvE

FFS come home!!! I've well & try had enough now! *hurls toys from pram*
  • Options
    CardlescardieCardlescardie Posts: 4,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @matt_cardle_uk: At the W hotel in Hollywood with @willtalbot1 there ate far too many vegetables in my drink! Xx http://t.co/MCQs4SvE

Looks like it might be a pre flight drink. Better start tidying up. :o:o:o
  • Options
    tillysteeth1tillysteeth1 Posts: 5,771
    Forum Member
    Looks like it might be a pre flight drink. Better start tidying up. :o:o:o

Is it? Oooh home come you know that? Hope so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Aww cardie he is enjoying himself x;););):D

The drink might of course be a concoction of veggies which are really good for you when you are about to fly. xx;):D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He better be coming home today. I want him bright eyed and bushy tailed for InDemand Live on Sunday :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemma Gadd ‏@standardgemma
    BREAKING NEWS: Licence refused for Matt Cardle gig http://bit.ly/LVsvqK @matt_cardle_uk #disappointed
    Expand

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    I wish he was staying in L.A. longer tbh. Whilst he's there he is fully concentrating on writing and recording. He's also kept the tweets reasonably regular. I think getting back to do a dolly mixture gig (ie 3 songs probably) is a distraction. I understand that they pay well (I think he probably gets about £20K for something like that) but I would prefer there to be a concentration on the album. The so called month was not much more than 3 weeks in the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    I wish he was staying in L.A. longer tbh. Whilst he's there he is fully concentrating on writing and recording. He's also kept the tweets reasonably regular. I think getting back to do a dolly mixture gig (ie 3 songs probably) is a distraction. I understand that they pay well (I think he probably gets about £20K for something like that) but I would prefer there to be a concentration on the album. The so called month was not much more than 3 weeks in the end.

Ditto Crabbie ;):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BREAKING NEWS: Licence refused for Matt Cardle gig http://bit.ly/LVsvqK @matt_cardle_uk #disappointed
    Expand

I know we are all :( at the moment but think on whist know its not on the same scale .....look what happen when the show in USA could not show his hip movements.;):D:D:D:D
  • Options
    piebaldladypiebaldlady Posts: 5,249
    Forum Member
    Expand

Goodness me, surely any issues that are on the table can be sorted out!!
  • Options
    moomin123moomin123 Posts: 2,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness me, surely any issues that are on the table can be sorted out!!

You would think so wouldn't you? Surely one of the first things to be sorted out would have been the licence - do hope it's sorted out - so many people are going to be gutted and out-of-pocket if it truly is cancelled. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tweet:)

@nickyb36
    I have spoke to Mick Vines from Boston Town FC. He said the council have refused license. But he is looking for another venue.

@nickyb36
    We will find out about Boston tomorrow night. I say we Bombard Boston council with emails and say how upset we all are

This person said it's about crushing issues, I feel football grounds must have to be especially on the ball here because of related deaths some years back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    moomin123 wrote: »
    You would think so wouldn't you? Surely one of the first things to be sorted out would have been the licence - do hope it's sorted out - so many people are going to be gutted and out-of-pocket if it truly is cancelled. :(

In order for the license to be granted in full n rubber stamped the organisers will have to meet certain standards etc as set by the authorities, council, police etc.... Obs they have concerns but there is time to sort these issues out tho it is a worry indeed for anyone who has bought a ticket.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tweet:)

@nickyb36
    I have spoke to Mick Vines from Boston Town FC. He said the council have refused license. But he is looking for another venue.

@nickyb36
    We will find out about Boston tomorrow night. I say we Bombard Boston council with emails and say how upset we all are

Looking for another venue? It begs the question just how many tickets have indeed been sold doesn't it, points to more rather than less?
This discussion has been closed.