Options

EURO 2012:Group D:Ukraine v England -19/06- Live on ITV1/HD/5live/Talksport/Absolute

Comments

• Options
    ScottHarrisScottHarris Posts: 2,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    No, all I read on here are people who just want to say nasty, horrible, sarcastic, snide, negative things about England.
    Always the same.

I agree , we should be celebrating not complaining. We all know that we are not the best team in Europe and any team we play in this tournament is going to be tough for us.

Every one is saying don't expect too much from the team and you lot on here are doing the complete opposite , what else do you want ?
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    If Milner starts the next game, I really must question why.

Because he's played 3 games, we're unbeaten and have won the group. He wasn't great tonight either and this was his best match of the three.

But you don't pick your 6 best players for the front 6 places. Maybe Milner is bringing out much better from Gerrard, Rooney & Wellbeck, than Theo or Ox would.

I'd be more inclined to look at how at points in all 3 games we have been overrun in the midfield & Parker particularly looks to either be short of help or short of his usual form. But then Jones or Henderson coming in would be a gamble.
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    No, all I read on here are people who just want to say nasty, horrible, negative things about England.
    Always the same.

Did you watch the game, then you would know why it was woeful. An International team like ours should be attacking.

The first half I just don't know how we got away with it as Ukraine should have put 2 or 3 past us as England just sat back and let them come at us. I can name on one hand the best players for England tonight. It should be 11 players, playing at their best. They weren't and we know it.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Principle wrote: »
    I know many forum members will strongly disagree about the point I am about to make. Check the replay again before you post a reply.

Having watched the replay of the Ukraine 'goal' I am now not 100% sure the entire ball crossed the line.

It looks like 0.00000001%b of the ball may have not crossed the entire line. In the next few days it should be revealed.

To me it looked closer than many seem to be suggesting.
  • Options
    tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,554
    Forum Member
    I know many forum members will strongly disagree about the point I am about to make. Check the replay again before you post a reply.

Having watched the replay of the Ukraine 'goal' I am now not 100% sure the entire ball crossed the line.

It looks like 0.00000001%b of the ball may have not crossed the entire line. In the next few days it should be revealed.
    England were also on the end of a couple of poor decisions tonight, the missed header from 6 yards by Ukraine was a yard offside as was the forward in the build up the the 'goal' cleared off the line,
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because he's played 3 games, we're unbeaten and have won the group. He wasn't great tonight either and this was his best match of the three.

But you don't pick your 6 best players for the front 6 places. Maybe Milner is bringing out much better from Gerrard, Rooney & Wellbeck, than Theo or Ox would.

I'd be more inclined to look at how at points in all 3 games we have been overrun in the midfield & Parker particularly looks to either be short of help or short of his usual form. But then Jones or Henderson coming in would be a gamble.

What exactly is Milner's contribution in a match?
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We should just point the finger at the assistant referee for missing the offside. :D
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    To me it looked closer than many seem to be suggesting.

ITV just showed a graphic replay and the ball was all over the line, just, but a Ukraine player was offside... So justice was done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    apaul wrote: »
    Cole, Gerrard and Young were decent. That's about it. The rest are journeymen or off-form or both.

That off-form journeyman Joe Hart.

Old 'OFJ' he's known as on the training ground.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It looks like 0.00000001% of the ball may have not crossed the entire line. In the next few days it should be revealed.

Here is the replay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkmEJkUo5R4

Who cares ? it was offside anyway so it would have been an injustice on England if it had counted.
  • Options
    PrinciplePrinciple Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is a replay of the Ukraine 'goal'

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rusty Rooney gets one, misses two. He was set up for a hat trick but only got one.
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    Easy. Never in doubt. :cool:

Shit internet fans, thankfully great match supporters! Sounded awesome there.

Bring on the quarters.
  • Options
    itsashruberyitsashrubery Posts: 8,144
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »
    Italy struggled against a poor quality Ireland team which are much worser than Ukraine, so I don't think it's cut and dry.
    Rep of Ireland would have given this England side nightmares, England in irelands group and it would have been the same result as Ireland got.
    Ukraine with a better final ball and shevchenko fit to start would have won tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing . She shouldn't have been picked end of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It looks like 0.00000001% of the ball may have not crossed the entire line. In the next few days it should be revealed.

Here is the replay:

There is no way that you could say there that the whole of the ball was over the whole of the line. It looks like you couldn't have even slid an A4 sheet of paper between the two.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Wayne mentions the extra day's rest.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    Wayne mentions the extra day's rest.

Roy must have drummed that into them. :D
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV just showed a graphic replay and the ball was all over the line, just, but a Ukraine player was offside... So justice was done.

That's a slightly predjudiced opinion from Southgate : there are often quite a few incorrect offsides called during a match, but a goal being wrongly disallowed is a more serious matter.
  • Options
    axlgodaxlgod Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same as Ashley Young's.
  • Options
    the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is a replay of the Ukraine 'goal'

There wasn't a goal, even if it was over the line (which is debatable) they were a mile offside in the build up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We can keep wondering about playing "Spain or Germany"

or we can keep winning and see if we eventually even have to end up having to play them.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the feeling Italy v England will go all the way to penalties.
  • Options
    the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    That's a slightly predjudiced opinion from Southgate : there are often quite a few incorrect offsides called during a match, but a goal being wrongly disallowed is a more serious matter.
    How can it be more serious than a goal being incorrectly given for offside :confused:

I would have them as exactly the same in importance.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweden were unlucky, weren't they? Played well in all three matches but somehow are on the flight home.