Options

Can Cheryl become a world wide musical superstar?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=sophie%20amogbokpa%20changed%20story&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CHQQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guardian.co.uk%2Fuk%2F2003%2Foct%2F21%2Fhelencarter&ei=iY_nT8SsHsn98QPJ3vC0Cg&usg=AFQjCNH6XrF_OkhSkSGao-hbuZtNA4PwKg&sig2=zy1xmmQ4Y8VJf20qJKUdWA

Read the section where it mentions what the nightclub's director admitted to in court regarding him phoning a PR agent within hours of the assault - and how the toilet attendant then changed her statement.
  • Options
    Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can't even sing!
  • Options
    DougrayDougray Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Cheryl Baker?

Hasn't she already done that, across Europe at least.

Cheryl Baker can sing...Cheryl Cole cant!
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I came to the conclusion watching Rihanna tonight that whilst not the best singer or performer she has that (ironically) X factor that appeal that something that you can't quite put your finger on but its special and unique she has the attitude to pull offa multitude of genre's and is a competent live singer that can do choreography and sing and put on a great show all at once without excuse and wow the crowd.

Do i see Cheryl doing that no she struggled at the Jubilee and is popstar by numbers on most other performances Cheryl just isn't a superstar,
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like Cherly but dont see the relevance of the court case being brought up in every thread.
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree Cheryl is going to continue being a huge star in the UK.

I dont know about international side of things but she has a chance with some of the songs she include FFTL and the songs from her recent album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Read the section where it mentions what the nightclub's director admitted to in court regarding him phoning a PR agent within hours of the assault - and how the toilet attendant then changed her statement.

There's no proof that that's true. If your friend gets drunk and does something wrong, they're worried about going to prison and their career ending. The girls lied to get their friend out of a bad situation. Of course they're going to cover it up, they want everyone to forget about it. For some people it's not the actual incident that's annoying it's the way Tweedy [the aggressor] dealt with the situation afterwards.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree Cheryl is going to continue being a huge star in the UK.

I dont know about international side of things but she has a chance with some of the songs she include FFTL and the songs from her recent album.

You're as delusional as the OP!
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Canks wrote: »
    Well, I'm sorry but no one except the T.A, Cheryl and Nicola know what happened that might and Nicola, on oath, stood up in court and supported Cheryl. There is no evidence to suggest that Cheryl wasn't provoked. There are 2 sides to every story and let's face it, it wasn't as if Cheryl was put in prison over it.
    Provoked or not, she totally over reacted. I'm not buying self defense when Cheryl didn't have a scratch on her and the other woman ended up with a black and blue face. She wasn't put in prison over it but she was put in the cells over night to sober up. Cheryl has shown an aggressive streak when she doesn't get her own way when sober, so I can imagine she would be quite the little scrapper when drunk and aggressive.
  • Options
    scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since when has modern pop music been about having a great voice? Rihanna isn't a great singer, neither is Katy Perry. If I want to listen to good signing, I know where to go. Cheryl is about the fun factor because she's a star.

The Deaf Institute???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Provoked or not, she totally over reacted. I'm not buying self defense when Cheryl didn't have a scratch on her and the other woman ended up with a black and blue face. She wasn't put in prison over it but she was put in the cells over night to sober up. Cheryl has shown an aggressive streak when she doesn't get her own way when sober, so I can imagine she would be quite the little scrapper when drunk and aggressive.

As shown with Council estate-gate. Tweedy can get nasty even when she's dolled up covered in tan on live televison. Tweedy was probably a million times worse younger,more fiestier, less famous, more violent and not PR trained to abuse someone over a sweet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    There's no proof that that's true. If your friend gets drunk and does something wrong, they're worried about going to prison and their career ending. The girls lied to get their friend out of a bad situation. Of course they're going to cover it up, they want everyone to forget about it. For some people it's not the actual incident that's annoying it's the way Tweedy [the aggressor] dealt with the situation afterwards.

I suggest you read the article again then, because it clearly says that the nightclub's director ADMITTED that within an hour of the assault, he was on the phone to a PR agent. Hey presto, victim changes her story and plays the race card.

No one knows what really happened apart from Tweedy, Roberts and the toilet attendant - but if you're going to accuse Nicola of 'covering up' for Tweedy, fingers should also be pointed at the 'victim' for changing her story, there's no proof that Nicola lied, but there is proof that the toilet attendant did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was attacked outside a club a few years ago, the person grabbed me from behind and had me in a headlock - I could not breathe. The first thing I did was punch the attacker in order for them to release their grip on me - which left them with a very bloody nose. Even though I was attacked first, I didn't have a mark on me.
  • Options
    smokincheesesmokincheese Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Writing and producing your own material would be a start.. oh, and being able to sing.

Having a personality would help too.
  • Options
    aiseyaisey Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    I can't imagine why anyone over the age of 10 would be remotely interested in her. She doesn't even have one redemable feature.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you're more cynical than I am. I think it's very difficult to stand up, swear an oath and lie in court. Nicola was only very young at the time as well and I've never heard anything to suggest that she's the sort of person to committ perjury. She seems a very nice, honest and sweet girl

More cynical or less naive? I'd say the latter.
    aisey wrote: »
    I can't imagine why anyone over the age of 10 would be remotely interested in her. She doesn't even have one redemable feature.

I'm with you there. I honestly don't understand how grown adults can worship her the way so many on t'internet do. I'd have thought adults would have more of an appreciation for talent and be less easily pleased, but there we go. Different strokes for different folks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I suggest you read the article again then, because it clearly says that the nightclub's director ADMITTED that within an hour of the assault, he was on the phone to a PR agent. Hey presto, victim changes her story and plays the race card.

No one knows what really happened apart from Tweedy, Roberts and the toilet attendant - but if you're going to accuse Nicola of 'covering up' for Tweedy, fingers should also be pointed at the 'victim' for changing her story, there's no proof that Nicola lied, but there is proof that the toilet attendant did.

The key word is "victim" PR doesn't really concern the TA. Why should fingers be pointed at the victim just because Tweedy's adored by the public now. She wasn't then. However that incident is explained, Tweedy the adorable, cute pop sensation beat someone up. If the TA did lie does that mean she deserved to get battered? Some people can never admit that Tweedy was in the wrong, because they fall for the PR stunt act she uses now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    The key word is "victim" PR doesn't really concern the TA. Why should fingers be pointed at the victim just because Tweedy's adored by the public now. She wasn't then. However that incident is explained, Tweedy the adorable, cute pop sensation beat someone up. If the TA did lie does that mean she deserved to get battered? Some people can never admit that Tweedy was in the wrong, because they fall for the PR stunt act she uses now.

PR doesn't concern the TA? Then why did she change her statement? No one deserves to 'get battered' and Tweedy was found guilty for the assault, but if the TA is capable of lying about the racist abuse, who's to say she wasn't the first one to attack?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If she was viciously attacked maybe she couldn't remember everything. Tweedy was found guilty and the TA wasn't fined. If she was the first one to attack does that mean she should have been punched and physically abused as punishment. Tweedy's a British expensive brand that's why people are trying to pick apart the TA's story, but Tweedy had a conviction for it, and no-one gets convicted for being innocent.
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    I dont like Cherly but dont see the relevance of the court case being brought up in every thread.

Anyone?
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was attacked outside a club a few years ago, the person grabbed me from behind and had me in a headlock - I could not breathe. The first thing I did was punch the attacker in order for them to release their grip on me - which left them with a very bloody nose. Even though I was attacked first, I didn't have a mark on me.
    That sucks. I've been attacked myself when I was walking home from work in the evening by a drunk person and it's not nice.

I still don't buy Cheryl's story though and think she totally went over board. Reasonable self defense is justifyable, battering someone because you are too drunk to control your anger isn't. She has never done it again and if she had her hands up and said "what I did was wrong", it would have long been forgotton. Instead she still acts like it is normal behaviour to get into fights when drunk and it still bitter that she got a hard time by the media and public over it.
  • Options
    benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sucks. I've been attacked myself when I was walking home from work in the evening by a drunk person and it's not nice.

I still don't buy Cheryl's story though and think she totally went over board. Reasonable self defense is justifyable, battering someone because you are too drunk to control your anger isn't. She has never done it again and if she had her hands up and said "what I did was wrong", it would have long been forgotton. Instead she still acts like it is normal behaviour to get into fights when drunk and it still bitter that she got a hard time by the media and public over it.

Care to enlighten us when this has actually happened?
  • Options
    gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher Lloyd has more chance of becoming a worldwide superstar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whenever it's mentioned Tweedy goes into her famous victim mode, the crocodile tears come out and everyone's heart breaks and they hug her and tell her how wonderful she is........
  • Options
    OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getty wrote: »
    Cher Lloyd has more chance of becoming a worldwide superstar.

Sad but true. Younger and has had a crossover hit with Astro who was hugely popular on American X-Factor.