Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 31)

Comments

• Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    Compared to previous years - yes.
    This is just like we played so many times last year, pit a pat football, no cutting edge - we may as well not have had the summer off.

Erm no.

Season before (10/11) - 78
    86 season before
    68 the year before
    80 the year before.

2011/12, we scored 89. 89. 89!
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F**ksticks.

Shame we didn't go with orthodox players at the back rather than unorthodox experience.

Only the first game, but there's some excitement absolutely smashed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    69% possession. 4 shots on target.
  • Options
    zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Can I be the first to say.

FERGIE OUT

OJ! We had to loose some time hopefully onwards and upwards now.
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh er, good start.

I NEED to get SkyGo. I saw hardly any of the second half. Irritating as balls
  • Options
    SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,541
    Forum Member
    At least we got our loss out of the way early instead of our usual clunker against a bottom 3 team.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Lucklily everton are like Wigan slow starters

I guess I may eat my words
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zexstream wrote: »
    Can I be the first to say.

FERGIE OUT

OJ! We had to loose some time hopefully onwards and upwards now.

Wow, starts early this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Oooh er, good start.

I NEED to get SkyGo. I saw hardly any of the second half. Irritating as balls

You didn't miss much :cry::o:(
  • Options
    Charles IICharles II Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

..Wow, you're turning into Arsenal.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys, I'd like to officially welcome you to that silly relegation thread!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I saw, we were poor at the back, no surprise. Nani was his usual ridiculous self. We missed out for having Valencia so far back. Nani should be nowhere near that team.

Just because you do an impression of Cristiano Ronaldo when you take a freekick doesn't mean the similarities extend beyond the 'standing' position.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,523
    Forum Member
    Pick on me al you like. I have had a season ticket at OT since 1989 and am entitled to my opinion. The way the team plays now is poor compared to the feasts that I have seen. I find it disappointing to say the least.
    Statistics tell you one thing but quality is another and this team (as selected this evening) will not finish in the top four.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fellaini won't be at Everton next year. I can guarantee that.
  • Options
    DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah well a loss is a loss, Everton were better. Saying that though Everton are a pretty good team, if anything I actually had us down as a draw for that game but oh well.

That game had a feeling of a cup game, what with Everton keeping everyone in there own half after scoring and Jelovic with his arms up awaiting the final whistle. Strange atmosphere.

Congrats Everton, good luck with the season.

Some of the Official Man United facebook group comments will be hillarious tonight, so many fairweather fans moaning lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    So many players not at it today. Kagawa looked good though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pick on me al you like. I have had a season ticket at OT since 1989 and am entitled to my opinion. The way the team plays now is poor compared to the feasts that I have seen. I find it disappointing to say the least.
    Statistics tell you one thing but quality is another and this team (as selected this evening) will not finish in the top four.

Oh are we really starting this rubbish after the first game of the season?

Christ.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of the day when all's said and done, I think it's time for Fergie to retire after a relegation performance like that.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,523
    Forum Member

Says it all and I'm sure mimics several game stats from last year. Possession without an end product is useless
  • Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    Guys, I'd like to officially welcome you to that silly relegation thread!

It's as inevitable as the new Fergie Out thread
  • Options
    MenoetiusMenoetius Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call me old fashioned (I probably am) but what happened to getting the ball in the box. We're not Barcelona.

Terrible tactics. Overplaying, too many touches, no direct threat.

Early days, and playing two midfield players in defence.

So benefit of the doubt. But that was shocking.

More frustrating, I suppose.

Get the ball in the f**king box.

Well played Everton. Some great performances and a well deserved win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dragonic wrote: »
    Ah well a loss is a loss, Everton were better. Saying that though Everton are a pretty good team, if anything I actually had us down as a draw for that game but oh well.

That game had a feeling of a cup game, what with Everton keeping everyone in there own half after scoring and Jelovic with his arms up awaiting the final whistle. Strange atmosphere.

Congrats Everton, good luck with the season.

Some of the Official Man United facebook group comments will be hillarious tonight, so many fairweather fans moaning lol

Wonder how many have been moaning and fair-weather since 1989
  • Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    From what I saw, we were poor at the back, no surprise. Nani was his usual ridiculous self. We missed out for having Valencia so far back. Nani should be nowhere near that team.

Just because you do an impression of Cristiano Ronaldo when you take a freekick doesn't mean the similarities extend beyond the 'standing' position.

Nail, Head
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Everton. From what I saw they really went for it and defended well.

That wasn't too bad a defeat. There's a couple of our players that won't play that badly again, we had a makeshift defence, tried to work them and our midfield passing was crisp. Bit worried about Nani and Wellbeck from the comments on here and the way Scholes was easily bullied from what I saw. But nothing to get too down about.

We will get much better.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You are entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to point out just how stupid it is. And given this team is nowhere near full strength (RVP on bench, Carrick & Valencia out of position, 4 centre backs injured) we will improve.
This discussion has been closed.