Options

The Big Holby City Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maria747 wrote: »
    I echo your sentiments but not quite the knight, more like the bloke from the campervan with scrubs on.

I must admit the imagery in my imagination is more metaphorical ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1705501&page=29

Come to the dark side Leddi fans! :p:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hatz wrote: »
    I might have to :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might have to :o

Dont be afraid. The first step is the hardest.... ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    hatz wrote: »
    Dont be afraid. The first step is the hardest.... ;)

That actually made me choke. I almost ruined my keyboard XD

Brilliantly said!
  • Options
    Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    Was the girl max bundled into the taxi the same girl that Hansen spoke to in french? If so why didn't the girl tell them it was max who sent her away? I was only half watching while doing the washing up.

Max told Hansen that Eddi had discharged the girl because she thought she was a drug addict...Max said he knew this was wrong and paid for a taxi to take her to St. James...the extra money was to keep her quiet :rolleyes:
  • Options
    tweenietweenie Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Full text of conversation between Hansen and patient, courtesy of subtitles and google translate.

Hansen : Madam do you speak French?

Patient : Yes, I do! Oh, thank God! What happened to me? Is someone called my sister?

Hansen : I'm sorry that you have been returned if early. Apparently there was a misunderstanding in the management of your care

How do you feel since we resumed the right treatment?

Patient : she was very nice, I could tell the look in her eyes that she feels very deeply for his patients
    Once they realized that I needed morphine they were very good. Very good. Often, people do not give me enough, but they did.

Hansen: I will pass on message.

Patient : and tell him that I will repay the money

and in french..

Hansen : Madam parlez-vous francais ?

Patient : oui, je le veux! Oh, Dieu Merci ! Qu'est-ce qui m'est arrive ? Est-ce que quelqu'un a appele ma soeur?

Hansen : Je suis desole que vous ayez ete renvoyee si tot,. Apparemment il y a eu un malentendu dans la prise en charge de vos soins

comment vous sentez-vous depuis que nous repris le bon traitement ?

Patient : elle etait tres gentille. Je pourrais dire le regarder dans ses yeux qu'elle eprouve pour ses patients tres profondement

Une fois qu'ils ont compris que j'avais besoin de morphine
    ils étaient tres bon. Tres bon. Souvent, les gens ne me donne pas assez, mais ils l'ont fait.

Hansen: je transmettrai mesage.

Patient : et lui dire que je vais lui rembourser l'argent
  • Options
    linlamlinlam Posts: 9,023
    Forum Member
    Just watched last nights Holby. Enjoyed it too, looking forward to Luc's return next week:). One thing struck me though......does the hospital not have multiple surveilance cameras? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    linlam wrote: »
    Just watched last nights Holby. Enjoyed it too, looking forward to Luc's return next week:). One thing struck me though......does the hospital not have multiple surveilance cameras? :confused:

I've often wondered that, but apparently not. What with the amount of stuff that goes on you think someone would get caught. Although I'm confused at this then because remember the security guard storyline, I don't even remember when, earlier this season, last season? Who wanted to be passed for his physical so he would keep his job, we saw him at cameras.
  • Options
    Maria747Maria747 Posts: 2,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tweenie wrote: »
    Full text of conversation between Hansen and patient, courtesy of subtitles and google translate.

Hansen : Madam do you speak French?

Patient : Yes, I do! Oh, thank God! What happened to me? Is someone called my sister?

Hansen : I'm sorry that you have been returned if early. Apparently there was a misunderstanding in the management of your care

How do you feel since we resumed the right treatment?

Patient : she was very nice, I could tell the look in her eyes that she feels very deeply for his patients
    Once they realized that I needed morphine they were very good. Very good. Often, people do not give me enough, but they did.

Hansen: I will pass on message.

Patient : and tell him that I will repay the money

and in french..

Hansen : Madam parlez-vous francais ?

Patient : oui, je le veux! Oh, Dieu Merci ! Qu'est-ce qui m'est arrive ? Est-ce que quelqu'un a appele ma soeur?

Hansen : Je suis desole que vous ayez ete renvoyee si tot,. Apparemment il y a eu un malentendu dans la prise en charge de vos soins

comment vous sentez-vous depuis que nous repris le bon traitement ?

Patient : elle etait tres gentille. Je pourrais dire le regarder dans ses yeux qu'elle eprouve pour ses patients tres profondement

Une fois qu'ils ont compris que j'avais besoin de morphine
    ils étaient tres bon. Tres bon. Souvent, les gens ne me donne pas assez, mais ils l'ont fait.

Hansen: je transmettrai mesage.

Patient : et lui dire que je vais lui rembourser l'argent

Thanks tweenie for the translation.:)
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Max is so evil you've just got to love him :D I must be the only one hoping that Luc doesn't bother coming back :p

Those new med students have got to be the worst yet, please let that be the last we see of them, the 2 girls in particular were unbearable. Who in this day and age would go to work hung over and needing the m.a.p. and then try to blackmail their mentor on their first day??? Ridiculous.

Tara's tumour will start causing her problems soon - all the signs are there. Hanssen hovering over her like a dementor is a dead (pardon the pun) give away.

Finally, Chrissie. If she gets any more smug she will disappear up her own a...e. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maria747 wrote: »
    Thanks tweenie for the translation.:)

Yes, thanks from me too:)
  • Options
    Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally just realised who the blonde med student was - Ava in EE online spin off E20.
  • Options
    jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see they are going to run a pregnancy s/l with Jac after all - I said that a few months ago (although I was wrong in that I thought she would come back from her 6 week break pregnant) but got shouted down! (I didn't take it personally, lol!) But I put the idea out there because it's one of the few s/l left for Jac and I just had a feeling that, with Jonny, it was the right time to do it for her. When they did the Mo birthing partner s/l I was even more convinced! And how they are doing it as a bona fide s/l - I'm vindicated, lol! (That's a joke, in case anyone wonders :p).

I know that, for now, it's only a 'maybe she is, maybe she isn't' s/l, and that ultimately she might not be pregnant at all, but it'll be an interesting shift in Jac's personal dynamic to even have to consider the possibility.

The question is - should it be 'just' a scare, or should she actually be pregnant? (Whether to term, or to a point where - for whatever reason - she loses the baby before birth at some point). I don't want 'soppy Jac' all of a sudden, but on the other hand it could be interesting psychologically because of her own 'mother issues' that are at the root of why she is like she is.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm torn. Jac was what got me into Holby, and continues (until recently) to be the reason I watch Holby. I feel like if Jac were to finally have a baby, then her character would be done. I mean, not that there isn't infinite ways she could continue, but it just seems like that it is the final goal. She got the job, the friends, she's got closure on her family, she had the romance. A baby is the last step. I mean really, where could Jac go once she's reached that point.

Also I just really don't like Jonny. #foreverajacjoeshipper
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really hoping its just a scare, Jac is not ready to be a mother yet and Jonny is not the right man for her. He is fine for a fling, or even a semi serious relationship, but I don't think he is the right man for her ultimately (and not just because I really believed Joseph was).

If she is pregnant then she will probably have a termination and that wouldn't be right for her, either. So, its better all round if its just a false alarm. (imo)
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bump bump bump - hi all - just on air now.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come the teams in the ED seem a lot more professional than the AAU lot?
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Welcome back Luc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    "you're just shagging her" lol :D:D
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,956
    Forum Member
    Chrissie is only 40???? I thought she was older than that :eek: