Options

32 year old woman spared jail afte having affair with 2 teenage brothers (15 and 17)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    Moony wrote: »
    Are we really taking male bravado into account when evaluating the potential damage such cases may have on the minor?

Is it male bravado though, or is it simply men just telling the truth?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    There weren't many, but I do remember at least a couple of posts from a female fm saying how she fancied some of her teachers at school and how she would have tried it on if she had the bottle or something like that, and how she knew her own mind, and something about all the girls fancying certain teachers.

Maybe women in general are just more subtle and less forthright? I'm pretty sure they still like doing it :p, so yeah, there probably isn't a huge gulf of opinion differance there between the two.

I don't know. There weren't any good looking teachers in my school, so I can't say from my experiences whether a lot of teenage girls would be willing to have relations with 32 or what ever year old teachers. I have no doubt a lot of girls would, but just judging from the reactions and opinions of male posters when the male is underage compared to female posters when the female is underage I would imagine it would be a lot less. Crushes on teachers aren't exactly taboo, so I don't see why women would be reluctant to post about how they wish they could have had a relationship with one of their teachers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I doubt its much different for girls either.

Yes, we've all probably had fantasies about older people when we were teenagers. That's one thing, but acting on them is another.

At 15, teenagers are still quite naive- although they think they know it all. A 30-something adult on the other hand, has a lot more life experiences under their belt. They shouldn't be taking advantage of underage teens- even if the teens want them to. They should know better.

That goes for both sexes.
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laura:) wrote: »
    Is it male bravado though, or is it simply men just telling the truth?

Even if it is the truth - should it affect the way we view such cases? Are cases like this viewed as less serious, because most men say as adults that they would have been up for it at that age?

From what the father has said in the article - the lad does appear to have been affected negatively by the experience.

Either we accept that 15 year olds can make these kind of judgement calls - and deal with the effects, or we dont. I really dont see that gender makes that much difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Even if it is the truth - should it affect the way we view such cases? Are cases like this viewed as less serious, because most men say as adults that they would have been up for it at that age?

From what the father has said in the article - the lad does appear to have been affected negatively by the experience.

Either we accept that 15 year olds can make these kind of judgement calls - and deal with the effects, or we dont. I really dont see that gender makes that much difference.

I think in a court of law it shouldn't affect the case whether the underage "victim" is male or female. I don't think cases like these are black and white though. Of course in the sense of who is in the wrong it is always black and white, the adult is always in the wrong. But every case will be different, in some cases the teenager themselves will have pursued the adult, in other cases the adult will have groomed the teenager, in other cases it was mutual. I think these things should be taken into account.

I was just offering an explanation as to why generally the public seem to have different reactions when it is an underage boy. It's hard to view these boys as victims sometimes when their own parents say there isn't any harm done and a lot of men comment about how he is lucky and how they wished they had the opportunity. It presents the view that there isn't any harm done and that the boy was always a very willing participant.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,317
    Forum Member
    Punishment aside - will this woman face villification as a "paedo" in the same way a man would in a similar situation?

Somehow I doubt we will see as many FMs using "colourful" language to describe her, or dreaming up parts of her anatomy suitable for removal using rusty implements.

No. She probably won't which isn't fair. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this is what 15 years old consider a good catch. I'm glad I had better taste when I was 15.
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't really compare this to the Stammers case as he was her teacher and he took her out of the country. That being said I actually don't think Jeremy should be sent to jail, I just fail to see how it warrants a sentence behind bars. Jail should be kept for dangerous people.

What she did was arguably wrong of course but I'm not outraged that she spares jail. I hope Jeremy spares jail too.
  • Options
    Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peado mum abducts children and abuses them at beach in back seat outrage
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uk Ltd wrote: »
    Peado mum abducts children and abuses them at beach in back seat outrage

Thats more like it.

Still missing the rusty implement/body part though - otherwise it would be perfect :D
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    it is legal to have sex with 17 year olds so that is by the by.

a 32 y/o having sex with a 15 y/o is not nice but how much harm was done. especially given that in less then a year it would have been completely legal.

not pleasant but not a big deal. the lad will be fine.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    it is legal to have sex with 17 year olds so that is by the by.

I believe it's not legal to have sexual relations with someone 16 or 17 years old when the older person is in a 'position of power' over them, such as a teacher. It's to do with grooming and such
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky boys.
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the woman would have been jailed if she was a man and the boys were girls?
  • Options
    steve781steve781 Posts: 1,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really is worse when it's a man. Male sexuality is predatory in a way that female sexuality generally isn't. Note I said generally.
    It's more about the gender of the adult than the gender of the child for me. I would judge an affair between a 30 year old man and a 15 year old boy more harshly than that between a 30 year old woman and a 15year old girl
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve781 wrote: »
    It really is worse when it's a man. Male sexuality is predatory in a way that female sexuality generally isn't. Note I said generally.
    It's more about the gender of the adult than the gender of the child for me. I would judge an affair between a 30 year old man and a 15 year old boy more harshly than that between a 30 year old woman and a 15year old girl

These are my thoughts too. Every time something like this happens involving a woman the same point is always made ('if it were a man and a girl...') and it bores me to death.

The relationship between men and teenage girls is very different from the relationship between women and teenage boys.
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just reads like a grimy Jeremy Kyle piece to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubrical wrote: »
    You can't really compare this to the Stammers case as he was her teacher and he took her out of the country. That being said I actually don't think Jeremy should be sent to jail, I just fail to see how it warrants a sentence behind bars. Jail should be kept for dangerous people.

What she did was arguably wrong of course but I'm not outraged that she spares jail. I hope Jeremy spares jail too.

I happen to agree with you but having this opinion in the Forrest related threads generally gets you lynch mobbed . I have no doubt he going to prison for a good few years though.

I actually think this woman is more deserving of prison given she had sex with a child and supplied drugs.
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not necessarily v_girl. A quick google produced these two reports on the first page -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-199991/Man-spared-jail-sex-girl.html (22 year old man, 14 year old girl)
    http://www.hucknalldispatch.co.uk/news/local-news/spared-jail-for-rape-of-infatuated-12-year-old-girl-1-4695498 (20 year old, 12 year old girl. Because she is under 13 and legally deemed unable to consent, he is charged with rape)

There was also a report of a 61 year old man who was spared jail for french kissing a 7 year old. Apparently she instigated it :rolleyes:

I find it hard to believe that.... its horrible
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Punishment aside - will this woman face villification as a "paedo" in the same way a man would in a similar situation?

Somehow I doubt we will see as many FMs using "colourful" language to describe her, or dreaming up parts of her anatomy suitable for removal using rusty implements.

I wouldn't call a man a paedo in these circumstances either.

Each case has to be looked at on its merits
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish a 32 year old married woman wanted to have sex with me when i was 15! all i had was my right hand ;(

Life can be so unfair sometimes!!!
    laura:) wrote: »
    Probably because a lot of male posters comment with things like "Lucky sod, wish I had the chance when I was his age!" or words to that effect. You don't tend to see women making those comments when it's an adult male with an underage female.

See above :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this was the other way round, and it was a 32 year old man having an affair with a 15 year old, it would be a very different story. In fact this happened- look at the furore around Megan and the teacher. This story on the other hand will be forgotten by tomorrow.

Link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2215507/Claire-Roundill-pregnant-affair-brothers-aged-15-17--doesnt-know-father-is.html?ITO=1490
    To be fair, I forgot about the teacher and his student after a day:o But I agree, it's outrageous to let her off!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    Completely agree.

From a males perspective, I'd have been happy to give it a go.
    Arguably - the 15 year old girl in the other thread was happy to "give it a go" - and yet posters who suggested as much were quickly set upon.

The problem is that its against the law,

The other problem is that child abusers use this sort of rhetoric to excuse their abuse.

Each case has to looked at on merit. The age of the child, and the effect on the child, the child's feelings, the extent of the sexual,activity etc.

BUT women of 32 should not have sex with 15 yr old boys any more than 32yr old men should have sex with 15 yr old girls as it makes life easier for people sexually abuse children.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid quote thingy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »

Good question but I dont think there is a simple yes or no answer here. As a man myself of 41, the thought of sleeping with a 15 year old girl is personally unappealing to me. However, I remember being a 15 year old boy and had more than a few naughty thoughts about older women teachers I had, just like every other horny lad in school I bet.

I'm sure you did.

At 15 I was in love with Phil Lynott who was 30.

The thing is we were 15 and children, the adults were the ones who should have known better,

I can tell you that Phil never overstepped the mark and Ive a feeling your teachers never did too.