Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the 'Clunk Click' seatbelt ads predate the show of that name?

I believe so....the advert came first and was a huge success and someone at the Beeb (or Saville himself) decided to name the new show after the advert.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I believe so....the advert came first and was a huge success and someone at the Beeb (or Saville himself) decided to name the new show after the advert.

Just googled clunk click and it appears the Eurovision song entries were on the show for three weeks if I'm reading correctly with Olivia Newton John
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dragon1950 wrote: »
    So, maybe Alvin Stardust was a "friend" of JS? Whatever happened to Alvyn Stardust? Is he still on the TV in England?

I think borrowing a coach uopon which the owner was not present is a very dubious reason to wonder if said owner could be a paedophile. Saville will have had fellow devients but not everyone he will have known was one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I remember yes they did. He was well known for the Clunk Click campaign so ............................they seemed to just name the show after it as far as I remember. Not very original :confused:

Cashing in on the success of the advert really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    festyflo wrote: »
    Just googled clunk click and it appears the Eurovision song entries were on the show for three weeks if I'm reading correctly with Olivia Newton John

Indeed and it would appear Karin Ward and the other Duncroft girls attended these Eurovision episodes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Not at all, as his music career has stalled since the early 80s (he was never really that current and relevant to start with and was more of a retro 50s type rock and roller).

He was a close friend of Cliff Richard's too and is also a born again Christian.

I just googled him.....says he is married to the actress Lisa Goddard. I was just curious, these names crop up and it brings back so many old memories.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's the case that more celebs are to be arrested and questioned, it could open a proverbial can of worms. Many more victims may be prompted to come forward who were hesitating up until now....any celeb who is questioned and released without charge could find themselves being re-arrested shortly afterwards based on new allegations.

Yes exactly. If you wanted to keep it in the news and get as many witnesses to come forward as possible that's what you'd do.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, maybe Alvin Stardust was a "friend" of JS? Whatever happened to Alvyn Stardust? Is he still on the TV in England?
    I'm sure he was friends with a lot of singers being a Radio 1 DJ/TOTP host.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I think borrowing a coach uopon which the owner was not present is a very dubious reason to wonder if said owner could be a paedophile. Saville will have had fellow devients but not everyone he will have known was one.

I was being facetious...I wasn't suggesting that AS was a paedophile, not at all!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy Savile 'Was A Psychopath With A Liking For Children' Say Former Broadmoor Staff
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/11/01/jimmy-savile-psychopath-liking-for-children-broadmoor-staff_n_2055574.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was being facetious...I wasn't suggesting that AS was a paedophile, not at all!

Then I apologise for misunderstanding your post.
  • Options
    sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bubble2 wrote: »
    Hopefully. I was a bit disturbed a week or so ago when the police press briefing was so definitive about there being no paedophile ring inside the BBC when they'd only just started the investigation. I thought that was odd.

I think we're only likely to get the truth when different parts of the establishment are fighting each other and the trouble with paedophile scandals is the BBC, police, Labour, Conservative etc all have dirt in that area they don't want exposed so instead of fighting they collude in these stand-offs of mutual blackmail.

Still a bit early to get overly cynical but i'm edging towards it.
    BIB - me too. It sounded both defensive and dismissive. No one can know anything for sure until the investigation is finished, so it's a bit premature for the police to be jumping in so soon to tell us there's no paedophile ring inside the BBC. How can they possibly know at this stage, or has it already been decided that if there was one, we'll never get to know about it? One thing we do know that's definite, and that's that the police (some police) were all too keen to turn the other way when it came to JS. Let's just hope that every single investigating officer is completely impartial and not connected in any way to JS's past misdemeanours or else it's just going to be a mockery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Then I apologise for misunderstanding your post.

No, I apologise. I need to reread what I write in future and make sure it can't be read in a different context.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bubble2 wrote: »
    Hopefully. I was a bit disturbed a week or so ago when the police press briefing was so definitive about there being no paedophile ring inside the BBC when they'd only just started the investigation. I thought that was odd.

I think we're only likely to get the truth when different parts of the establishment are fighting each other and the trouble with paedophile scandals is the BBC, police, Labour, Conservative etc all have dirt in that area they don't want exposed so instead of fighting they collude in these stand-offs of mutual blackmail.

Still a bit early to get overly cynical but i'm edging towards it.

Maybe they said it because based on witness interviews so far they dont think there was a ring as such inside the BBC but outside, after all they never said there was no ring .

Time will of course tell more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leveson inquiry: prejudging the judge

The Jimmy Savile story can be a clarion call for an unshackled press or, seen differently, can demonstrate that statutory regulation is hardly an obstacle to robust investigative journalism

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/01/leveson-inquiry-prejudging-the-judge
  • Options
    speeddial43speeddial43 Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    I hope people aren't being taken in on what's happening, cos frankly it stinks to high heaven.

FS and GG have been talked about for weeks but ask yourself this.

1) Would FS or GG nominate Savile for a knighthood?
    2) FS and GG, did they provide the key to Broadmoor?
    3) Who nominated Savile for a Papal Knighthood?
    4) Who give the nod for Savile to have free access in Stoke Mandeville?
    5) Who vetted Savile when he went visiting Prime Ministers for Christmas dinners etc?
    6) Why didn't Meyefive (think about it) flag something down when he was visiting the royals?

What we seem to be witnessing is the watering down of the allegations which include.....just think about this;

- The Raping of children
    - Having sex with disabled children

and probably more including the visits to the morgue. Just think what the hell was he doing in the Leeds Hospital morgue. You had dead adults and children in that morgue... ..and Savile.

I get the feeling the public are being fed drip drip allegations of sexual molestation from adults at the time to distract us from the real evils which seemed to have occurred.

Some DJ being touched up in a studio, while serious is simply not on the scale of some handicapped child being forced into a sex act with an adult.

This probably goes way further up than some Z Celebs. We had Tom Watson in the commons but he has now went all quiet. Jim Davidson mentioned someone bigger would be exposed then just as quick redacted that statement. He said;

"“Who’s next to be the victim of a media feeding frenzy? I have the answer to that…“But, like Jimmy Savile, it’s only rumours. But when these rumours come out… WOW!”"

Was it a case of Tom Watson and Jim Davidson being leaned on because both have now went very quiet.

One final thought....the media especially the rags knew what Savile was but didn't want to report it. Apparently everytime a journalist would take the story to his editor they're would be told "don't go there".

....now say to yourself..who is telling the editors not to go there.
  • Options
    jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just googled him.....says he is married to the actress Lisa Goddard. I was just curious, these names crop up and it brings back so many old memories.

He was married to her but no longer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Jimmy Savile 'Was A Psychopath With A Liking For Children' Say Former Broadmoor Staff
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/11/01/jimmy-savile-psychopath-liking-for-children-broadmoor-staff_n_2055574.html

Well, a bit late to go public with it now isn't it?

Now it's stating the obvious. At the time it may have stopped him.

Perhaps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Indeed and it would appear Karin Ward and the other Duncroft girls attended these Eurovision episodes.

Where did you find that info?
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope people aren't being taken in on what's happening, cos frankly it stinks to high heaven.

5) Who vetted Savile when he went visiting Prime Ministers for Christmas dinners etc?
    6) Why didn't Meyefive (think about it) flag something down when he was visiting the royals?

What we seem to be witnessing is the watering down of the allegations which include.....just think about this;

- The Raping of children

and probably more including the visits to the morgue. Just think what the hell was he doing in the Leeds Hospital morgue. You had dead adults and children in that morgue... ..and Savile.

I get the feeling the public are being fed drip drip allegations of sexual molestation from adults at the time to distract us from the real evils which seemed to have occurred.

Some DJ being touched up in a studio, while serious is simply not on the scale of some handicapped child being forced into a sex act with an adult.

This probably goes way further up than some Z Celebs. We had Tom Watson in the commons but he has now went all quiet. Jim Davidson mentioned someone bigger would be exposed then just as quick redacted that statement. He said;

"“Who’s next to be the victim of a media feeding frenzy? I have the answer to that…“But, like Jimmy Savile, it’s only rumours. But when these rumours come out… WOW!”"

Was it a case of Tom Watson and Jim Davidson being leaned on because both have now went very quiet.

One final thought....the media especially the rags knew what Savile was but didn't want to report it. Apparently everytime a journalist would take the story to his editor they're would be told "don't go there".

good post.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

- The Raping of children

Oh do tell, c'mon spill etc etc.
  • Options
    sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they said it because based on witness interviews so far they dont think there was a ring as such inside the BBC but outside,
    after all they never said there was no ring .

Time will of course tell more.
    Yes they did.
    Detectives say there is no evidence of a paedophile ring at the BBC or elsewhere.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/jimmy-savile/9638797/Gary-Glitter-first-arrest-under-new-Jimmy-Savile-police-inquiry.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    so reading back on the last couple of pages, seems the consensus amongst us appears to be a couple of token stars or names and the rest get away. So what do "We" (The public) do to ensure this wont happen and that all involved however high up the food chain don't get away with it?
    Is there anything we can do?

And I am still amazed the press have not picked up on the implications of Currie's statement & to be honest I don't think she's realised either.

It is frustrating is it not?,but short of revolution, there is no redress. And we will know what "they" allow us to know.That is the price we must pay for the quiet life. There is a lot to be said for the quiet life, and our "not wanting to make a fuss" nature, for although some may say we are too apathetic in this island of ours. Throughout our history we have not produced a "Hitler" or a "Stalin" and that alone makes one proud to be british. Maybe, just maybe, with the internet, the truth will be impossible to resist. Lets hope so anyway.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The first in that 'slide-show' of photos, showing Savile in 1961, is interesting, because it shows him looking conventional, before all the wacky hair-dos he later adopted as his trade mark, and dressed conventionally. He looks quite evil in that photo, I can't help feeling.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

They're saying there's no evidence. That's not the same as saying there's no ring.
This discussion has been closed.