Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you done the right link?

This isn't mentioned in the article

Quote:
    ‘We were camping, but were taken to Haut de la Garenne one day to mix with other children,’ says Karin.

‘Jimmy Savile was there and everyone was excited. He was covered in kids, they were all clamouring to sit in his lap. He had sweets and cigarettes and everyone was going: “Ooh look, it’s a famous person.” ’

This is

It emerged Savile was a regular visitor to Haute de la Garenne, the notorious abuse-ridden Jersey children’s home.

Apologies. This is the right link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2217004/Jimmy-Savile-scandal-Karin-Ward-accuses-Freddie-Starr-pouncing-her.html
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    sofieellis wrote: »
    Possibly, but not necessarily. I've never reported the person who assaulted me, and I was an adult at the time. He wasn't famous, although he was in a position of responsibility.

I am so sorry, my feelings are with you, I am a bit stroppy and saw off a few but for those who are put into a position by someone who is in authority over them it is a dreadful thing and understandable why they do not come forward.

I was a happily married young mother who had a night out at the seaside with her mate, some years ago and we had a drink in a local hotel bar before going dancing. There was a famous DJ in the bar, David Hamilton, we recognized him and smiled only for him to make a loud remark for all to hear that we were prostitutes on the make. I was hurt, ashamed and flabberghasted that he thought it was what he thought we were. However, all these years later it seems it was the culture at the BBC to view women in those days, I have never forgot it and never forgiven him, it was not as if he was anything to write home about, we just smiled as anyone would someone famous they saw.
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bubble2 wrote: »
    He's doing an awesome job imo.
    St Williams Thomas thinks, from another high profile case, that a nearly four year old, pushed aside full length curtains and managed to slide open a heavy patio door.

She then closed it behind her.

Having done so, she opened the child locked stair gate, closing it again behind her, and made her way to look for her absent parents.

Oh my! What have we here? Yes it's a paedophile, but one who scoops to order for childless couples, so she is safe and well, living like a Princess but giving her tuppensworth.

There endeth the lesson according to St Williams Thomas.

ETA. Remember how "supersleuth MWT " sat beneath the body of a girl interviewing the accused, but had no idea.
    Oh my word!
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,026
    Forum Member
    jzee wrote: »
    Can she really be sure it was Haut de la Garenne though? You'd think it would hard to remember a French place name like that 40 years on. Savile also visited the Sacre Coeur Orphange.

Looks like a whitewash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I am so sorry, my feelings are with you, I am a bit stroppy and saw off a few but for those who are put into a position by someone who is in authority over them it is a dreadful thing and understandable why they do not come forward.

I was a happily married young mother who had a night out at the seaside with her mate, some years ago and we had a drink in a local hotel bar before going dancing. There was a famous DJ in the bar, David Hamilton, we recognized him and smiled only for him to make a loud remark for all to hear that we were prostitutes on the make. I was hurt, ashamed and flabberghasted that he thought it was what he thought we were. However, all these years later it seems it was the culture at the BBC to view women in those days, I have never forgot it and never forgiven him, it was not as if he was anything to write home about, we just smiled as anyone would someone famous they saw.

Thanks. It wasn't a serious assault compared to what many others have experienced, but has left me feeling very vulnerable in certain situations. Not to mention guilty for not reporting it.

He sounds an absolute charmer - I'm not surprised you haven't forgiven him, neither would I.
  • Options
    saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, I wonder if the news about Newsnight 'got out' in order to see who'd leap to sue / obtain an injunction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutter wrote: »
    St Williams Thomas thinks, from another high profile case, that a nearly four year old, pushed aside full length curtains and managed to slide open a heavy patio door.

She then closed it behind her.

Having done so, she opened the child locked stair gate, closing it again behind her, and made her way to look for her absent parents.

Oh my! What have we here? Yes it's a paedophile, but one who scoops to order for childless couples, so she is safe and well, living like a Princess but giving her tuppensworth.

There endeth the lesson according to St Williams Thomas.

ETA. Remember how "supersleuth MWT " sat beneath the body of a girl interviewing the accused, but had no idea.
    Oh my word!

These sudden smears prove my point.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Thanks. It wasn't a serious assault compared to what many others have experienced, but has left me feeling very vulnerable in certain situations. Not to mention guilty for not reporting it.

He sounds an absolute charmer - I'm not surprised you haven't forgiven him, neither would I.

No but it invades your right to be treated properly and not as something someone else can do with as they like. It stays with you as in the case against FS, GD & JS.

That is why the victim should be believed however many years later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be fair, they are not sudden smears. I think MWT has done a good job in helping to bring the Savile case to light, but he has made some huge errors of judgement in the past.
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you read the prologue of 2nd book‘Keri Karin’ which is part of the sample on Amazon,

Karin was at Garfield House Norfolk when she went camping on Jersey with staff from the home. She says caring and qualified staff abused children in their care and when on holiday in Jersey passed them out out to be raped and molested.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KERI-KARIN-SHOCKING-CONTINUED-ebook/dp/B009QEJCY6/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

In her 1st book Keri when mentioning going to Jersey on holiday when at Garfield House Norfolk. Prior to going she had her 15th Birthday and took up smoking. Unfortunately Jersey doesn't get mentioned until chapter 85 onwards and is not part of the sample read.
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sudden bubble and mine alone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    B17NNS wrote: »

Had to look up who he was!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re: The Al J tweet. That was one of the four names I've seen today. Those four names seem to keep being mentioned around the 'net.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, they are not sudden smears. I think MWT has done a good job in helping to bring the Savile case to light, but he has made some huge errors of judgement in the past.

They're sudden on this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    So basically a blackout. mind you there could be one in process whose to say.

Why are people obssessed with super injunctions...

A committee of judges said in 2011...
    Super-injunctions and other injunctions "can only be granted when they are strictly necessary"

There was "no doubt" that super-injunctions were once granted "far too often"

Only two super-injunctions had been granted since January 2010

M'Lords are peed off with the use of injunctions and they can be challenged.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
  • Options
    StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Icke version, old celebs getting set up as fall guys to protect even more famous people from being exposed

The world is more like.... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inZUDMGJsKo
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I really don't understand Twitter at all - all the twitter links mean very little to me. I was just looking at someones though and there was a tweet from Mark William Thomas about reporting paedos ..............then it disappeared. Do tweets just vanish.

I don't understand how it works at all:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jzee wrote: »
    But if she put herself in a position where sexual or intimate physical contact might be expected I'm not sure you can say that is assault, if she sat on his lap in a small closed room, and she was 16.

Is this where is was said there were 8-10 Duncroft girls in the same room?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Is this where is was said there were 8-10 Duncroft girls in the same room?

And an alcove iirc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Channel 4 News now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand Twitter at all - all the twitter links mean very little to me. I was just looking at someones though and there was a tweet from Mark William Thomas about reporting paedos ..............then it disappeared. Do tweets just vanish.

I don't understand how it works at all:(

I think the writer can delete them.
  • Options
    AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 4 news covering the newsnight story right now
This discussion has been closed.