Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    festyflo wrote: »

Don't you just love our gutless press,they are Weeks behind the net.And this is a "perv" from the days when continuity announcers wore, dinner jackets or evening gowns.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    What part of the article leads you to think they're saying she's a predator? I didn't get that from it at all. All I got was that her and Justin Collins would make a pretty good couple.

sorry I was probably reading it with the previous article in mind that I had read last week
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/russell-joslin-bbc-reporter-killed-1400194
    predator may have been the wrong choice of word:o BIB yes I can slightly see that, maybe
  • Options
    withnailukwithnailuk Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's about power again - abuse, I mean. Some ...no..many people with any power over other people veer into abuse because - they can. It happens in the home, at work and in places where children and other people should be being cared for.There's abuse of the disabled and the elderly too.

It makes the perpetrators feel even more, powerful. It's as if they haven't matured intellectually, emotionally, socially and morally. We wouldn't give a six year old a loaded gun to play with but many people who haven't progressed in some, ways to much more than that level ie social etc development, end up in positions of power over people who are vulnerable for example physically. I'd include financial power too. The strongest win. We assume that everyone can empathise to a high level but many can't or won't. Why would they ? They're having a blast.

The only deterrent is a greater strength and power. In terms of child abuse, the public generally doesnt' bother to claim either of those things especially if they are past childhood and weren't abused, aren't disabled or old or particularly vulnerable. That's selfish of course but many people don't take the protection of the vulnerable seriously until it happens to them personally.

It seems to be about survival of ' the fittest'...who is most self centred and who is most powerful. It's only people acting together, as one voice, that can influence the behaviour of those who think that they have free rein to behave as they please. I think that sentences for child abuse when there is no question that someone is guilty should be life. We are the majority but our wishes are ignored by elected representatives. They achieve power and often, that was the objective. Thus we're all, vulnerable.

Agreed. Very well put over. Life should mean life in crimes like this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What part of the article leads you to think they're saying she's a predator? I didn't get that from it at all. All I got was that her and Justin Collins would make a pretty good couple.
    Mutter wrote: »
    "Broadcasting to the Nation." Who does she think she is , Winston Churchill?

:D:D if the texts are real she sounds, I'll put it nicely, a bit precious:).
    Anyway might be a load of cobblers so will keep an open mind
  • Options
    sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    sorry I was probably reading it with the previous article in mind that I had read last week
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/russell-joslin-bbc-reporter-killed-1400194
    predator may have been the wrong choice of word:o BIB yes I can slightly see that, maybe
    Oh, I see. The other article mentions that he was sexually harrassed by a female colleague. Did you assume it was Kiz Kershaw? I don't think it mentions who it was, but the other article portrays her as a school bully in my opinion, and without any other facts to go on.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katetow wrote: »
    Thank you for putting what I would have liked to have said, but would never have been able to word as well as you have :)
    Yup I think the impression we got from Anna Raccoon was a slightly rose tinted view of Ms Jones, although we had already got the 'but they weren't virgins you know' thing from her on here already. Most normal girls schools don't get visits from celebrities, MPs, councillors, magistrates, Meirion was right to say something wasn't right, and maybe his aunt was too easily flattered and too tempted to have the boredom/tedium/stress of being in a secure school with 'intelligent but emotionally disturbed girls' broken up (for her and the girls) by wealthy and influential men coming to visit.
    Shy11 wrote: »
    No worries.

But the girls in Rochdale were ignored on the same premise. Have attitudes changed that much? They say it was down to political correctness because the accused were Muslim, but whatever the reason, the girls weren't helped and were labelled promiscuous.
    Maybe social workers just don't have enough training in abuse issues or psychology, you'd also think if a doctor or child psychiatrist was alerted to what was going on they might have been able to intervene.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    She claims Saville virtually appointed himself to the taskforce by offering his services and saying "here I am, I'll do the job".

She says she never liked him, found him overly familiar and obsessed with making friends in high places....."if you were a nobody, he didn't want to know you".

I'm sorry but that doesn't wash Edwina.

Savile wasn' t subject to any scrutiny by the electorate. The Government had received the electoral mandate and were happy to use it to implement their policies.

Are we meant to believe that Currie, Clarke and The Iron Lady were powerless to stop him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, I see. The other article mentions that he was sexually harrassed by a female colleague. Did you assume it was Kiz Kershaw? I don't think it mentions who it was, but the other article portrays her as a school bully in my opinion, and without any other facts to go on.

I just read the Mirror article last week about this poor man and how his father said he thought his sons death could be attributed to his bosses at the BBC not taking his claims seriously (regarding sexual harassment by a female colleague). And then the latest article, maybe I'm coming up with the wrong idea, indicates Liz was sending his son threatening texts, possibly totally unrelated:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member

Blimey, even after that entry his access to the Duncroft girls continued unimpeded.
    This seems to go beyond turning a blind eye or having to rely on the sense of how creepy he was.

Makes me wonder about the motives of any celeb wanting access to schools to visit children.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    moonburn wrote: »
    Re: the JS and payroll.
    The very reason he was allowed at broadmoor was as part of a taskforce.
    theres a lot of people there not done anything illegal but the entire place (all sections) were being run like a prison.

Edwina Currie late on skynews about 3 weeks ago explained what happened.Instead of looking at ways to improve the place for non prisoners JS went through all the files looking what peoples wages were.Asking about personal working tensions seeing who didnt like who etc basically getting as much dirt as he could.

Currie went on to say it shocked a lot of people he went totally outside his remit.It begs the question why the hell wasnt he just removed from the place and told that!!!:mad: which doesnt appear to have happened.

Absolutely!
  • Options
    Romola_Des_LoupRomola_Des_Loup Posts: 3,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    slightly off topic but interesting article
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227482/Suicide-BBC-reporter-said-ex-Radio-1-DJ-Liz-Kershaw-threatened-aggressive-phone-calls.html

so are they saying Liz was a predator now, truly confused:confused:

It's very different to how it was presented when she was unnamed. Then, I read that a male presenter had been driven to suicide after being stalked and sexually harrassed by a senior female DJ.

I see that she was clearly very angry at being dumped in a restaurant and having a long taxi ride home. After a row of that magnitude, I would think I'd be angry too and wouldn't want to be friends either.

If the row was bad enough to leave her alone in the restaurant, miles from where she was staying, it doesn't sound as if he felt very friendly towards her either. I don't read anything about stalking or sexual harassment in that link, or anything illegal. I'm sure the atmosphere must have been terrible between them and that it would make life very unpleasant at work. That is not the same as someone being driven to suicide by sexual harrassment!

If the row started because she told him he would be sacked if he didn't put out, that would put a whole other construction on things. But on the information we have, it could be just as likely that he was depressed already and engineered the row. I don't see this as a police matter on the basis of that report, but will watch developments with interest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My opinion of Miss Jones hasn't changed. She said she thought he was odd and creepy, but still allowed him to turn up unannounced and spend time alone with the girls. Who here would let an 'odd and creepy' man (of almost 50) spend time alone with their young and emotionally disturbed daughter - especially if that man had already 'pawed' you - anyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    jzee wrote: »
    Yup I think the impression we got from Anna Raccoon was a slightly rose tinted view of Ms Jones, although we had already got the 'but they weren't virgins you know' thing from her on here already. Most normal girls schools don't get visits from celebrities, MPs, councillors, magistrates, Meirion was right to say something wasn't right, and maybe his aunt was too easily flattered and too tempted to have the boredom/tedium/stress of being in a secure school with 'intelligent but emotionally disturbed girls' broken up (for her and the girls) by wealthy and influential men coming to visit.

Maybe social workers just don't have enough training in abuse issues or psychology, you'd also think if a doctor or child psychiatrist was alerted to what was going on they might have been able to intervene.

Why the hell would a doctor or a psychiatrist know more than a Social worker. Most SW's have post graduate degrees....Masters and PHd's!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't agree. I'd prefer to do time for something I didn't do than for 10 guilty men to be able to continue to abuse innocent children.

Remember, if you're doing time for it, the one who did it is still out there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul55 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but that doesn't wash Edwina.

Savile wasn' t subject to any scrutiny by the electorate. The Government had received the electoral mandate and were happy to use it to implement their policies.

Are we meant to believe that Currie, Clarke and The Iron Lady were powerless to stop him?

He must have had rohypnol cigars, the way that feisty Edwina, Ken Clarke and TIL's opposition just melted away.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh Childrens' Commissioner backs new N. Wales Inquiry
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20196086

Fingers crossed for some action at last.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mutter wrote: »
    The comedian at thje Apollo tonight said he didn't find Yogi and Booboo cute. "That hat, shirt and tie that Yogi wore, once belonged to his victim.":D

Oh nooooo :eek:

I used to love watching Yogi and Boo Boo, back in the day.

I won't be able to sleep now. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Blimey, even after that entry his access to the Duncroft girls continued unimpeded.
    This seems to go beyond turning a blind eye or having to rely on the sense of how creepy he was.

Makes me wonder about the motives of any celeb wanting access to schools to visit children.

That entry is just a joke, isn't it? A bit of flattery.

I'm not sure I could read something into it even now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    He must have had rohypnol cigars, the way that feisty Edwina, Ken Clarke and TIL's opposition just melted away.

LOL's
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    pmaxted wrote: »
    I think us little people need to get a sense of perspective - there is a paedophile ring right at the heart of the British establishment which includes moneyed interests, aristrocrats and politicians. These aren't the unshaven , leering local paedos who hang around kids playgrounds but people of great power and influence. They simply are not going to let - working class , damaged abuse survivors have their day in the limelight and bring them crashing down to time in jail. If this is a wake up call for the mumsnet crowd then so be it . The mainstream press will back off - levers , including very expensive legal silks are being massed as we write here. Dead entertainers are all well and good to throw to the wolves but these current living highly connected scalps will simply not be given up of that I am certain.

The best we can hope for is that they are all shunned and have the stigma attached to their reputations for the rest of their natural.

You have it all wrong! They are formulating an arrest policy "as we speak". A police spokesperson has recently commented, " there is no truth in the rumour that the name of this investigation, has been changed to operation", "ash tree".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dragon1950 wrote: »
    Why the hell would a doctor or a psychiatrist know more than a Social worker. Most SW's have post graduate degrees....Masters and PHd's!

Some do, but most don't. It's only in the last 10 years that they've had to have even a first degree. And I have to say that the content of the social work degree is not massively academic. I'm not knocking it, it's a VERY good training for the job, , but the biggest and most important elements are the work placements attached to it. Poor placements in organisations with cultures of disbelief can lead to gaps in knowledge and understanding which aren't overcome by the classroom teaching.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Regarding the school entry, I think I'd read more into the fact he felt the need to put 'OBE' after his name.

The guy's ego must have been hell to carry around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't agree. I'd prefer to do time for something I didn't do than for 10 guilty men to be able to continue to abuse innocent children.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one
This discussion has been closed.