Options

Week 8 Dances

Comments

• Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lechatnoir wrote: »
    Actually I think it's Victoria who has the red blooded males most excited this year. Red blooded males tend not to care all that much for dance ability :)

Here goes my rating out of 10

Lisa: 0 need I say more
    Karen: 6 A bit skinny; not so pretty; Though I'd like to salsa with her
    Denise: 1 Skinny legs; maybe if she kept her mouth shut.
    Flavia: 10 PERFECTION
    Victoria: 4 pre-show favourite; nice glasses; nice figure; can't dance
    Dani: 9+ too young so maybe her mum; great now she can dance
    Kimberley: 2 meh
    Natalie: 9+ Beautiful, elegant, but not my type (I think)

I love dancing with women - in hold. I don't do out of hold dad dancing. My wife doesn't like to dance. At a wedding a few weeks ago wives were asking me for a dance weeks before the wedding ;-) Their husbands were happy drinking or smoking outside.
  • Options
    Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flavia's a 9 - if she was a bit taller she would be a 10 [But then ATs with Vincent might not work..]

Natalie's a 10++ [I wonder if she knows that she could have me if she played her cards right??]

Denise and Kimberley 1s and 2s ?? Man, you are hard to please!
  • Options
    jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    This really could be the Ultimate Strictly Week - right up there with Brendan and Lisa's showdance.

Its Robin and Lisa'a Rumba!!!

Ahhh....the Rumba - the Dance of Love!!!

A Vertical Expression of a Horizontal Desire!! (Err..... No - Not in this case!)

Potential Car Crash TV

JJ :D:D
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    jjackson42 wrote: »
    Potential Car Crash TV

JJ :D:D

'Potential car crash TV' as in Victoria/Michael's Latin or 'potential car crash TV' as in "hur hur the fatty dancing a Rumba she'll crush Robin hur hur"?
  • Options
    Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Flavia's a 9 - if she was a bit taller she would be a 10 [But then ATs with Vincent might not work..]

Natalie's a 10++ [I wonder if she knows that she could have me if she played her cards right??]

Denise and Kimberley 1s and 2s ?? Man, you are hard to please!

But she would look right through you
    Walk right by you
    And never know you're there...

(Poetic licence - je m'excuse!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez, say what you like about the perving ladies on this forum, but at least we don't rate the guys out of ten*. :eek:

*that's not an invitation, DOTs. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonnie96 wrote: »
    But she would look right through you
    Walk right by you
    And never know you're there...

Tragically, you're right!

(Good to know that there are some 'Chicago' fans out there!)
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    Jeez, say what you like about the perving ladies on this forum, but at least we don't rate the guys out of ten*. :eek:

Damn, throws flow charts and spreadsheet in the bin. :o
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Potential car crash TV' as in Victoria/Michael's Latin or 'potential car crash TV' as in "hur hur the fatty dancing a Rumba she'll crush Robin hur hur"?

Potential Funba with side by side dancing jazz hands and gurning car crash television oh and least we forget " spilts " :D
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Potential Funba with side by side dancing jazz hands and gurning car crash television oh and least we forget " spilts " :D

Some may say that you seem a little... obsessed with her routines... or with her. (judging by your posts) ;)
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to confirm details about upcoming weeks from Digiguide: weeks 9 and 10 are one dance only, and neither appears to be a theme week. Week 11 (the semi-final) is 1h 45m, same as last year, for two dances each. That seems to mean no Swing-a-thon this year.
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    Just to confirm details about upcoming weeks from Digiguide: weeks 9 and 10 are one dance only, and neither appears to be a theme week. Week 11 (the semi-final) is 1h 45m, same as last year, for two dances each. That seems to mean no Swing-a-thon this year.

Oh God. What a shame. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tragically, you're right!

(Good to know that there are some 'Chicago' fans out there!)

Yep! :)

(Should say I wasn't being insulting - just the reference was too tempting to ignore!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely no offence taken - it was a smart post!
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    echad wrote: »

Just thought I'd try and lower the tone a tad. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »

Sounds about right. I think it's going to be a disaster anyway.
  • Options
    nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd expect Denise's AS to be really good and particularly since she's already danced a really good Foxtrot and VW.

If Louis can't wow us with the Paso then I'm not sure he's ever going to wow us. You'd have thought the Paso would be more suited to his natural demeanour and thus wouldn't be such a big stretch for him performance wise . Anyhow, It's a big dance for him if he's to regain the momentum he had.

Kimberley should be fairly safe with the Tango but Dani a good deal less so with the Samba. Kimberley though needs a wow dance and soon, if she's to have even an outside chance of winning.

Not expecting a good dance from Michael but think the judges will go fairly soft on him. Think he could well be overmarked.

I think the Charleston may well suit Nicky and it looked not too bad at all in the Training clip. Wouldn't be surprised if it's one of his best dances.

Fully expect Victoria's Salsa to be fairly poor and for her to be bottom of the judges's leaderboard. She's very uncomfortable out of hold and struggles even more so with the latin. You could be forgiven for thinking the producers are trying to engineer her exit by giving her this week yet another latin. ;)

I'm quite looking forward to Lisa's Rumba, but admittedly for all the wrong reasons. ;) However she may be not too bad, but in terms of conveying sexiness/sensuality I don't really think she's going to do it for me.
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member

hooray:D

weeks 9 and 10 will be short shows:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mrs F wrote: »
    hooray:D

weeks 9 and 10 will be short shows:eek:

We'll be down to 7 then 6 couples - how long are the shows?

Perhaps the guide was published before plans were finalised?

Wembley was a week earlier this year, Movie Week was week 10 last year with the Swingathon in week 9. Seems strange there's no theme or extra 'bonus' for the latter stages with fewer couples.

Anyone know if Broadway week will be happening?
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicky's swivel technique is much better than Lisa's or Richard's. He could do well.
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonnie96 wrote: »
    We'll be down to 7 then 6 couples - how long are the shows?

Perhaps the guide was published before plans were finalised?

Wembley was a week earlier this year, Movie Week was week 10 last year with the Swingathon in week 9. Seems strange there's no theme or extra 'bonus' for the latter stages with fewer couples.

Anyone know if Broadway week will be happening?

Week 9 (w/ 7 couples) is 70 minutes long (and hence actually shorter than week 9 last year, which did have the swingathon); week 10 is 65 minutes long.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    Nicky's swivel technique is much better than Lisa's or Richard's. He could do well.
    But then his Jive looked a lot better in training. ;)
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nagel84 wrote: »
    I'd expect Denise's AS to be really good and particularly since she's already danced a really good Foxtrot and VW.

If Louis can't wow us with the Paso then I'm not sure he's ever going to wow us. You'd have thought the Paso would be more suited to his natural demeanour and thus wouldn't be such a big stretch for him performance wise . Anyhow, It's a big dance for him if he's to regain the momentum he had.

Kimberley should be fairly safe with the Tango but Dani a good deal less so with the Samba. Kimberley though needs a wow dance and soon, if she's to have even an outside chance of winning.

Not expecting a good dance from Michael but think the judges will go fairly soft on him. Think he could well be overmarked.

I think the Charleston may well suit Nicky and it looked not too bad at all in the Training clip. Wouldn't be surprised if it's one of his best dances.

Fully expect Victoria's Salsa to be fairly poor and for her to be bottom of the judges's leaderboard. She's very uncomfortable out of hold and struggles even more so with the latin. You could be forgiven for thinking the producers are trying to engineer her exit by giving her this week yet another latin. ;)

I'm quite looking forward to Lisa's Rumba, but admittedly for all the wrong reasons. ;) However she may be not too bad, but in terms of conveying sexiness/sensuality I don't really think she's going to do it for me.

To be fair to the Dance Picking Pixies, they have tried their best for Victoria. She is much better in hold and since the cha-cha-cha she has been out of hold as little as feasible. If you are in the competition until week 8 the chances are you are going to come crashing up against Charleston/Jive/Salsa at some point.

She is the flip side of the coin to Lisa, who did all her out of hold side by side dances early doors and now is left with the less favourable for her in hold stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Week 9 (w/ 7 couples) is 70 minutes long (and hence actually shorter than week 9 last year, which did have the swingathon); week 10 is 65 minutes long.

According to the Bbc Media Centre, they start doing 2 dances in week 10, though suppose that could be the swingathon :confused:http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2012/50/strictly-come-dancing.html
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frally wrote: »
    The full list of routines and songs this weekend:
    Kimberley Walsh and Pasha Kovalev - Tango - 'When Doves Cry' by Prince
    Victoria Pendleton and Brendan Cole - Salsa - 'Candy' by Robbie Williams
    Denise Van Outen and James Jordan - American Smooth - 'Imagine' by Eva Cassidy
    Louis Smith and Flavia Cacace - Paso Doble - 'Dirty Diana' by Michael Jackson
    Lisa Riley and Robin Cousins - Rumba – 'As If We Never Say Goodbye' - Barbra Streisand
    Michael Vaughan and Natalie Lowe - Argentine Tango - 'Bust Your Windows' by Jazmine Sullivan
    Nicky Byrne and Karen Hauer - Charleston - 'Doop' by Doop
    Dani Harmer and Vincent Simone - Samba - 'Single Ladies' by Beyoncé

Seriously :rolleyes: