Options

Could you prove JJJ are fake in a court of law? (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,918
    Forum Member
    Tiron wrote: »
    Wow. I guess many are just that gullible and Josie is shamelessly catching in on it. DVD is likely imminent and the publicity is good for her regardless of how misleading and dangerous it is, as per this particular case in point.

If her diet and excercise regime is so good how come she has a personal trainer ?
    These women are so desperate to lose weight they will believe in anything and it's cruel that Josie is is playing on their desperation.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mardymoo wrote: »
    Just been reading her twatter, and she seems to think its brilliant,
    Im amazed at the amount of people who are begging her to tell them how to do the same :eek:

She does reply to somebody about setting up a website about her diet/exercise regime...
    If her diet and excercise regime is so good how come she has a personal trainer ?
    These women are so desperate to lose weight they will believe in anything and it's cruel that Josie is is playing on their desperation.

... and this is the problem really isn't it; these celebs who go on about the diets they are on - Heat magazine usually feature a bit about which diets people are on - but usually this is done with dietician advice or at least the help of a personal trainer.

Doesn't the latest TOWIE promo/ad have one of the characters going on about a diet he found online where you juice up 14 carrots or something and drink that for xxx period of time... you watch how many people will do that. Mind you, at least they will be as orange as the TOWIE crowd :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    now magazine write up ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    now magazine write up ?

I think people are keeping it private these days, spoilsports :p;)

edit: Plus, it is quite early yet
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Doesn't the latest TOWIE promo/ad have one of the characters going on about a diet he found online where you juice up 14 carrots or something and drink that for xxx period of time... you watch how many people will do that. Mind you, at least they will be as orange as the TOWIE crowd :D

LOL - he was saying if you drink that you will get a natural tan because the colour in the carrots will come out in your skin!! :D I would imagine that, if this works, you will be tangoed :D
  • Options
    HappyTreeHappyTree Posts: 4,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't surprise me if someone got seriously ill following Josie's insane dietary advice. Then she'll be sued. She really needs to be extremely careful, if not for other people's sake then simply to protect herself from being liable. I also suspect that 1.4 stone loss is completely made up. That girl will come a cropper, you can't keep on just chucking that kind of dangerous bile out into the world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    LOL - he was saying if you drink that you will get a natural tan because the colour in the carrots will come out in your skin!! :D I would imagine that, if this works, you will be tangoed :D

Aah right, my bad :o .. it's the accent and the fact that he has too many teeth :D
  • Options
    MaryKate1MaryKate1 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    mag

'I'M THE LUCKIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD'

I haven't showered or worn a scrap of make up in 10 days, but this week we finished our Madventurer project to raise money for the MAD foundation ( there is still enough time to donate at justgiving.com/Josie Gibson).

Me and the feeder AKA Lukey, had been helping underprivaliged kids her in Ghana, and now we're enjoying a couple of day's down time in a beach hut. I did more painting here than I did in Our house in Bristol in six months' and the feeder plumbed as many houses as he could.It was hard work but worth it.

These kids have not got a pot to p--- in, but the've all got smile on there faces. They spend hours in the street playing with a makeshift football, and find fun in everything they do. We could all learn from them considering what they go through I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

I'm not going to lie, its nice to relax after all our efforts, the feeder has got really protective since we got to our beach hut - if any bloke comes near me he reminds them I'm taken, I think he prefers me all Jungle Jane, he has been saying I look better without my hair extentions and false eyelashes.

We've been taking in the sights during the day too, but you won't believe what I came across in a street market - only me own bloody perfume! The whole market had crowded round telling me how much they loved it, however I think they was a bit disappointed I was a stinky unwashed munter, who smelled nothing like her own perfume.

Luckily that didn't stop the locals making me a super cool offer. No sooner had I left the market than someone came knocking on our door asking me to be in a Ghanain music video. If it all takes off over here, I might just stay as long as someone can bring me my hairdresser......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    My days ,dreams do come true.lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And we have to remember that most people have a job and interval training does not fit in..Josie has all the time in the world as she is not so busy. That much weight loss is detrimental to health and she is being very irresponsible.
    It seems it didn't take long to forget those kids that haven't got a pot to p--- in and start talking about weight loss?

I expect her perfume was given to a charity shop as it wasn't selling and ended up there. :D
  • Options
    PilotofthestormPilotofthestorm Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MaryKate1 wrote: »
    mag

'I'M THE LUCKIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD'

I haven't showered or worn a scrap of make up in 10 days, but this week we finished our Madventurer project to raise money for the MAD foundation ( there is still enough time to donate at justgiving.com/Josie Gibson).

Me and the feeder AKA Lukey, had been helping underprivaliged kids her in Ghana, and now we're enjoying a couple of day's down time in a beach hut. I did more painting here than I did in Our house in Bristol in six months' and the feeder plumbed as many houses as he could.It was hard work but worth it.

These kids have not got a pot to p--- in, but the've all got smile on there faces. They spend hours in the street playing with a makeshift football, and find fun in everything they do. We could all learn from them considering what they go through I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

I'm not going to lie, its nice to relax after all our efforts, the feeder has got really protective since we got to our beach hut - if any bloke comes near me he reminds them I'm taken, I think he prefers me all Jungle Jane, he has been saying I look better without my hair extentions and false eyelashes.

We've been taking in the sights during the day too, but you won't believe what I came across in a street market - only me own bloody perfume! The whole market had crowded round telling me how much they loved it, however I think they was a bit disappointed I was a stinky unwashed munter, who smelled nothing like her own perfume.

Luckily that didn't stop the locals making me a super cool offer. No sooner had I left the market than someone came knocking on our door asking me to be in a Ghanain music video. If it all takes off over here, I might just stay as long as someone can bring me my hairdresser......

Yes Josie your right.......I don't believe it..but hey a little self promotion around Christmas time won't do any harm eh ;)
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Josiestweet 2:10pm via Twitter for iPhone
    Very proud of my best friend Netty!!! Lost a 1.4 stone In a week following my diet and interval training. Love you girl xxx

:eek::eek::eek: What did she do, cut her legs off? :eek:

Not healthy to lose that amount in a week surely? I lost 7lbs one week at Slimming World, I was congratulated but referred over to have a chat with the dietician to ensure I was following the plan properly and advised against losing so fast.

wow...thats a ridiculous amount to lose in a week?

was she particularly large to begin with? cos i have seen on some of these diet programmes, like those fat farm ones.... where extremely large men and women, ie morbidly obese people, supervised fairly closely by dieticians and exercise guys, can lose large amounts of weight fairly quickly, cos they were so enormous in the first place?

But that is a lot of individual support, and its usually done under strict medical supervision, to prevent major heart disease etc.

If not done under strict medical supervision, im amazed at anyone being proud of this kind of weight loss, it sounds extremely unhealthy. and difficult to achieve.
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    sueloujo wrote: »
    And we have to remember that most people have a job and interval training does not fit in..Josie has all the time in the world as she is not so busy. That much weight loss is detrimental to health and she is being very irresponsible.
    It seems it didn't take long to forget those kids that haven't got a pot to p--- in and start talking about weight loss?

I expect her perfume was given to a charity shop as it wasn't selling and ended up there. :D

wasnt it sold as in the bargain bins over here? before any remaining stock was shipped overseas.....:eek:

the incongrousness of Josie being pictured with her perfume in Ghana was bad enough. Highlighting the massive differences between the UK and Ghana.

But to then rub it in and mention it in her column !!!

And is it just me that finds advertising and asking for charity support in whats meant to be a glossy meaningless weekly mag....... really really tacky.

im sure ever single celeb and zlister, in every article they ever do, could ask for charity donations for their favourite charity. But they dont. And there are good reasons why they dont.

usually it just isnt appropriate.

usually it would be appropriate to ask, if the celeb is actually appearing at or running a particular fundraising event....but not as a general thing in a weekly mag
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    augusta92 wrote: »
    wasnt it sold as in the bargain bins over here? before any remaining stock was shipped overseas.....:eek:

the incongrousness of Josie being pictured with her perfume in Ghana was bad enough. Highlighting the massive differences between the UK and Ghana.

But to then rub it in and mention it in her column !!!

And is it just me that finds advertising and asking for charity support in whats meant to be a glossy meaningless weekly mag....... really really tacky.

im sure ever single celeb and zlister, in every article they ever do, could ask for charity donations for their favourite charity. But they dont. And there are good reasons why they dont.

usually it just isnt appropriate.

usually it would be appropriate to ask, if the celeb is actually appearing at or running a particular fundraising event....but not as a general thing in a weekly mag

We knew a long time ago that the girl is devoid of any moral fibre and forethought. Josie thinks of Josie..she would not do a thing if it didn't repay HER in some way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,254
    Forum Member
    We knew a long time ago that the girl is devoid of any moral fibre and forethought. Josie thinks of Josie..she would not do a thing if it didn't repay HER in some way.
    Oh I don't know she gave 20 grand to Clic that's 20 grand more than I have ever given .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PICKLES60 wrote: »
    Oh I don't know she gave 20 grand to Clic that's 20 grand more than I have ever given .

It's a fact but she stated it too many times..and that is the rub..I object to the "look what I have done?" stance .This was at the beginning..before you realise what sort of person she is. It is done with the sole purpose of self promotion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,254
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    It's a fact but she stated it too many times..and that is the rub..I object to the "look what I have done?" stance .This was at the beginning..before you realise what sort of person she is. It is done with the sole purpose of self promotion.
    I don't know what your point is she said she would donate a part of her winnings and she did lots of children with cancer benefitted as a result, it is churlish to say otherwise, that makes your previous statement incorrect she is not devoid of any moral fibre. She messes up and makes uninformed decisions like lots of these z listers . It is easy to only see the bad in people and never recognise any good or similarly try to forget or dismiss any good deeds;).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Pickles makes a fair point. No matter whether one likes or doesn't like Josie, she has done a fair amount for charity - at the end of the day the bottom line with that IS that a charity is better off receiving money than not. Josie is to be commended for helping to raise money ... at the end of the day, it's better that a charity has some money donated than not, I've said that before and I believe that to be true.

I agree with Augusta that asking for donations in a magazine is odd, but thinking about it - when A listers talk about going over to Africa to do something for Comic Relief or part of their interview is about a project they are involved in or about being an Ambassador for UNICEF, they are effectively using their celebrity to promote a charity, and there is the added bonus that it also makes them look good - maybe not the primary aim, but it doesn't tarnish their image in any way!

So, whether Josie makes additional column mileage from doing something for charity I suppose is similar, if a slightly less subtle way of doing things, at the end of the day if a charity benefits in any way then for me that's no bad thing.

I can't help but look at it from the perspective of somebody with a child who has received help from various charities over the years - I don't care how that money is raised, I'm just grateful it was there to help her.
  • Options
    FrillynixFrillynix Posts: 6,497
    Forum Member
    Muggs I dont disagree, not any one of us is "all" good or "all" bad............

My critcism of Josie relates to my personal feelings about her lifestyle and her absolute cringemaking faux pas like reading diet books in the back of a landrover in a poor county. Like commending someone on losing 1.4 stone in a week:eek:

But MOST OF all for selling a cheap and tawdry mag a story of being forced to have an abortion, complete with photo staring wistfully into the mid distance ..........that offends my sensibilities.

and that absolutely crass and horrid clip of her on Celebrity Juice that was posted the other day just sums up what my perspective is of her and her persona.................and I dont like that persona..................ergo my posting on here.

Hey - yes she has done a good thing, and no one can take that away - but that does not change the fact that she displays a lot of bloody stupid, crass and sometimes downright horrid behaviour............

Im sure the worst of folk have done a good deed in their lives also.

By the way,I keep repeating, Madventure is a very questionable charity..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what your point is she said she would donate a part of her winnings and she did lots of children with cancer benefitted as a result, it is churlish to say otherwise, that makes your previous statement incorrect she is not devoid of any moral fibre. She messes up and makes uninformed decisions like lots of these z listers . It is easy to only see the bad in people and never recognise any good or similarly try to forget or dismiss any good deeds;).

My point is...she did it and got a lot of mileage out of it in interviews etc. Nobody questions charity donations and the good they do. I criticise the underlying nature of shouting it out to all that will listen. I much prefer people who are unsung in these situations.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,768
    Forum Member

Pickles I love this post...:)
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon if Josie 'I'll-get-my-fans-to-fund-me-and-the-not-even- vaguely-appropriately-termed-feeder-a-free-holiday-and-sell-my- good-deeds' Gibson set up a puppy farm/whorehouse, we'd be reminded that she gave 20 grand to Clic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

its easy to spend or gaveaway money one never worked for. as joise said herself bb was a joyful holiday for her, she was never up for eviction she relaxed and enjoyed her stay.plus she made promises to her ex boss if she wins she will gave 20.000 to that charity. no way on earth can I gave away money to that amount . just think to work everyday at 07.30 and back home at 4pm. working in the home and outside the home with children. we all give to charity. but never that amount.some are millioners they work for it, but will never gave that amount in one go. most also have children they plus my household are making sure our hard work is to make sure our children benifits from it.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Josie your right.......I don't believe it..but hey a little self promotion around Christmas time won't do any harm eh ;)

:D Might just be the most ridiculous thing she's ever suggested - and ain't that saying something? Of all the market stalls in all the world.............................. play it again Josie.
  • Options
    circle gamecircle game Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I much prefer people who are unsung in these situations

I don't think that's possible, as if they don't mention it, you can't know about it.

No-one knows what anyone else does if they don't mention it, whoever they are and whatever else they do in their lives.

When celebrities or z listers publicise their charity work, it is in the hope of raising the profile of the cause they are working for. It doesn't matter if you're Madonna building an orphanage or Josie Gibson doing a bit of decorating, it's the same principle. Of course they get publicity for themselves. Look at the fierce competition to get on a 'Band Aid' record. Look at Chris Moyles and his gang climbing Kilimanjaro. Look at all the small companies hoping to get their name on the TV screen during 'Children in Need'. I'm not making any judgment here but pointing out that Josie is just doing exactly what everyone else is doing. You might not like her style but the content is the same.
This discussion has been closed.