Options

The Official Christmas Radio Times 2012 Countdown Thread

Comments

• Options
    RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,960
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Currently two different RT editions on sale in my local Tesco

This coming week's edition (1-7 Dec) has 12 different covers - you may simply have noticed 2 of them.
  • Options
    Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    Provisional BBC1 Christmas Day from Digiguide (so far)

5.30pm News

5.45pm Doctor Who

7.00pm Strictly Come Dancing

7.45pm Call the Midwife

9.00pm EastEnders

Obviously this is subject to change.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My local Tesco, also just had 2 covers, as i flicked through all the issues, to see what they had,

It was Ben Anslie, or Mo Farah
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Provisional BBC1 Christmas Day from Digiguide (so far)

5.30pm News

5.45pm Doctor Who

7.45pm Call the Midwife

9.00pm EastEnders

Obviously this is subject to change.

45 minute SCD, is that likely, as its generally been an hour, then the chap on Points of View, was suguesting 90 minutes, no digiguide is saying 45 minutes.
  • Options
    sporter92sporter92 Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seen all the covers online but the editions i have seen in my local Marks & Spencer for next weeks Radio Times were only Jessica Ennis & Chris Hoy, naturally I chose the brilliant Ennis
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is the Bumper RT Edition for Christmas out?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im guessing it would be difficult for any one Store to stock all 12 editions, as the tesco i go into, is lucky if it has 12 copies, yet alone, 12 editions
  • Options
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »

8th December in the London region, by 12th December nationwide.

As we thought the Saturday before Christmas has normal programming (if Digiguide is correct)

6.00am Breakfast
    10.00am Saturday Kitchen
    11.30am TBA
    12.00 BBC News
    12.10pm Regional News
    1.00pm Equestrian
    4.30pm Final Score
    5.20pm BBC News
    5.30pm Regional News
    5.40pm A Question of Sport
    6.10pm Pointless
    8.05pm Merlin
    8.50pm Strictly Come Dancing : The Results
    9.50pm National Lottery
    10.00pm BBC News
    10.20pm Match of the Day
    11.50pm The Football League Show
    1.05am Weatherview
    1.10am BBC News
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »

London on the 8th, nationwide by the 12th i think
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,657
    Forum Member
    So who's gonna be getting up at the crack of dawn on 8th December to be the first Digital Spy member to lay their hands on a copy? ;)
  • Options
    Tigger2013Tigger2013 Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I will be up at 4am... so will be getting my hands on a copy at 5.30ish
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Christmas Radio Times Cover Competition - update

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE IN BY 12 MIDNIGHT 30TH NOVEMBER

Batfink : Reindeer (Traditional)

Wizzywick : a festive illustration by Axel Scheffler, the illustrator of Room on the Broom

Digiblade : Traditional Christmas Village

Shank0055 : Doctor Who & new companion

Johnor : Christmas Bells

Marke09 : Santa

Pedrok : Santa delivering sports goods

Burnaldo : Christmas Wreath

Billy_Value : Royle Family

Claires-dad : Traditional cover featuring Call the Midwife

Vinnyvega : snowy Christmas Village, with the villagers being our Gold Medal Olympians along with Dr Who and his new companion

Smirf1 : victorian town scene with Dr. Who and a Dalek

Blueisthecolour : Mo Farah and Jessica Ennis dressed as Santa Claus and Mrs Claus

LinusJ : scenic/landscape-ish, with something programme-related in the foreground

Georged123 : Santa on his sleigh overlooking a Christmassy scene

Cdsmiler81 : something based on The Snowman sequel

Rich_L : Eastenders - maybe all the branning brothers, cousins, muthas dressed up in santa outfits.

DODS11 : A snow covered Olympic stadium with The Queen and James Bond in Santa's sleigh

Pizzatheaction : A big fat Robin. And some snow.

Andycoll14 : a gold postbox covered with snow and perhaps a robin in a traditional Xmas scene

Boyontbridge : Christmas Tree

Sporter92 : Santa on a sleigh bringing the new companion in Doctor Who to the Tardis

Jalabert : Snow Globe

StuL42 : Call the Midwife - on thieir bikes, snowy street scene in background.

TheSweeney : Christmas dinner table scene featuring The Royle Family and maybe a handful of other characters including Miranda Hart, Mrs Brown and... Claire Balding ?

Kat1966 : Santa with gold medals around his neck.

FootballFan87 : a traditional kind of cover (snowy background) with Mo Farrah in the fore, dressed as Santa.

Pembo2004 : snowy scene with dr who

Bluesdiamond : Snow covered Olympic Rings with an all star photo. Merry Christmas 2012...what a year it was, As a tag line

Only_You : A santa with a quote with something like "I have heard you have been good boys and girls this year?" with a few olympians holding there gold medals looking up grinning.

CoolElvis : Christmas wreath with a robin perched in the middle, a snowy scene beyond it with Father Christmas flying his sleigh through the sky above.

Spudmorley : five golden rings (as in the song and the olympics)coverd in snow and maybe the doctor holding the olympic torch.

Jay04 : santa with a snow globe with the olympic stadium inside with the olympic rings some where on the front representing the five gold rings as in the 12 days of christmas

Smokeycat : A big Christmas pudding, maybe with a robin.

Chewstick : A snowman

Johhnyscotland : a Christmas tree with some gold medals as decorations and cartoon images of Jessica Ennes and/or other olympic athlete's, on a union jack backdrop with snow and other stuff.

EStaffs90 : a traditional wreath with various characters instead of berries.

Aaron_Cardwell : Snowman.. (possibly dog).. looking through a window at a typical family Christmas scene

Tigger2013 : the Olympic stadium with lots of snow and Christmas lights

Maddogscott : Call the Midwife stars as carol singers in a snow covered street

Tomish : Retro style to commemorate 90 yrs of bbc and 90 years of radio times next year.

Howabout90 : Santa and reindeer flying over the Olympic Stadium

Rules! :

(a) Only 1 guess per person, only first guess will be accepted.

(b) In the event of a tie names will be put in a hat and drawn at random by Claires_Mum (There can only be one winner)

(c) In the event of no-one being right all names will be put in a hat and a winner will be drawn at random by Claires_Mum

(d) Winner will be notified by private message.

(e) Competition closes at midnight on Friday November 30th. (Or earlier if Radio Times reveal the cover before then!)

(f) In the event of there being more than one cover and more than one person being right, those who are right will have their names put in a hat and a winner drawn at random by Claire's_Mum

(g) Decision will be final!

(h) Winner will be announced as soon as Radio Times officially confirm the cover.
  • Options
    burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd finally decide to enter the competition. I've decided to go for:

First cover - The Doctor + Clara with the Snowman + The Snowdog in a traditional christmas scene
    Second cover - a version without The Doctor + Clara, instead Father Christmas
  • Options
    whitewitchwhitewitch Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im guessing it would be difficult for any one Store to stock all 12 editions, as the tesco i go into, is lucky if it has 12 copies, yet alone, 12 editions

my tesco had all 12 covers.

i chose ellie simmonds
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC2 to simulcast

6.00am CBeebies
    7.00am - 9.00am CBBC

over the Christmas fortnight.
  • Options
    BoyontbridgeBoyontbridge Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    SHANK0055 wrote: »
    You can stick your sweeping generalisations up your arse mate, I love christmas and me and my family are putting our tree up this weekend so stick that in your cobb pipe and smoke it:p

I hope your real tree drops its needles early:)

Well if it is a sweeping generalisation (which it isn't) I would be suggesting that every Christmas lover would be putting their tree up this weekend, which again, they are clearly not, So i'm really not sure where that comment is based. Moreover, to wish ill of my christmas tree is quite a nasty and bitter comment. I, like others on here, merely express opinions, I don't for one moment expect everyone to agree with them just as I don't agree with some of the comments posted. But surely that is the very ethos of a 'forum' Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it's a personal attack. What next, a letter to The Times!
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smokeycat wrote: »
    I've just seen the Sky Movies advert and it showed clips from 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation' and 'Jingle All the Way'. I suppose that means they won't be shown on terrestrial TV this year, shame. :(

That "shame" bit would surely only apply to National Lampoon - Jingle All The Way's cr*p.
    8th December in the London region, by 12th December nationwide.

I just wonder if it's going to be like last year - the only Christmas TV guide I couldn't get on the 3rd in Peterborough was the RT: all the others were available.
  • Options
    BoyontbridgeBoyontbridge Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    LinusJ wrote: »
    Real trees are too much hassle. For me, the Christmas tree is all about the lights and decorations rather than the tree itself. if there's green still showing, it's not finished ;)
    Each to their own but personally I believe the tree is the centrepiece and if it aint real and it's lush fragrent branches cant be seen, whats the point?
  • Options
    LinusJLinusJ Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    Each to their own but personally I believe the tree is the centrepiece and if it aint real and it's lush fragrent branches cant be seen, whats the point?

I believe the Christmas tree should be a light source in the living room - I put 400 bulbs on mine, and the effect of all those colours merging together into an ethereal glow is rather impressive. But that's just me :)
  • Options
    whitewitchwhitewitch Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have 9 christmas trees up each year. The only real one is the one i have outside by the front door.

all different themes/colours of decoration and also a few different coloured trees apart from the usual green.

they all go up on the 1st.

i also counted how many sets of lights i have too - 33 :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    45 minute SCD, is that likely, as its generally been an hour, then the chap on Points of View, was suguesting 90 minutes, no digiguide is saying 45 minutes.

Currently Digiguide is showing Doctor Who as being 1hr 15mins, don't think that's right either!

There's bound to be a few changes to Digiguide over the next few days.

Getting exciting now after all there's only 3 more Chelsea managers until Christmas!:D
  • Options
    CoolElvisCoolElvis Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Currently Digiguide is showing Doctor Who as being 1hr 15mins, don't think that's right either!

There's bound to be a few changes to Digiguide over the next few days.

Getting exciting now after all there's only 3 more Chelsea managers until Christmas!:D

Horrendous decision to sack RDM. All those calendars people will have bought. Lol.

Cant wait for the RT. Just gutted i cant put my tree up on sat a we are moving house next week (hopefully).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Well if it is a sweeping generalisation (which it isn't) I would be suggesting that every Christmas lover would be putting their tree up this weekend, which again, they are clearly not, So i'm really not sure where that comment is based. Moreover, to wish ill of my christmas tree is quite a nasty and bitter comment. I, like others on here, merely express opinions, I don't for one moment expect everyone to agree with them just as I don't agree with some of the comments posted. But surely that is the very ethos of a 'forum' Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it's a personal attack. What next, a letter to The Times!

It was in jest hence the smilies ;)

and tbh your post was rather condescending in nature accusing me and others of not being true fans of Christmas just because we have the audacity to be putting our trees up this weekend.

Clearly you were generalising when it’s your opinion that anyone who does this couldn’t possibly be a lover of Christmas ;)

Now get over yourself and stop being so judgmental ;)

I’ve also sent a copy of this correspondence to the Times;)

Merry Christmas and upon reflection I sincerely hope your tree at least makes it to Boxing day;)
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHANK0055 wrote: »
    It was in jest hence the smilies ;)

and tbh your post was rather condescending in nature accusing me and others of not being true fans of Christmas just because we have the audacity to be putting our trees up this weekend.

Clearly you were generalising when it’s your opinion that anyone who does this couldn’t possibly be a lover of Christmas ;)

Now get over yourself and stop being so judgmental ;)

I’ve also sent a copy of this correspondence to the Times;)

Merry Christmas and upon reflection I sincerely hope your tree at least makes it to Boxing day;)

We always had the tradition at home of not putting up the tree or decorations until 2 weeks before Christmas day and that's what I follow now. I suppose it comes from the idea that the more days that are 'special', the less 'special' they actually are.

Though everyone has their own traditions and meaning of christmas, I was reading yesterday that they have something like 40 days of Chrismas in Scandinavia, Orthodox Christians don't celebrate until January, others in Europe celebrate Christmas eve. It's all good and no one person's customs/traditions are better than anyone elses :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    We always had the tradition at home of not putting up the tree or decorations until 2 weeks before Christmas day and that's what I follow now. I suppose it comes from the idea that the more days that are 'special', the less 'special' they actually are.

Though everyone has their own traditions and meaning of christmas, I was reading yesterday that they have something like 40 days of Chrismas in Scandinavia, Orthodox Christians don't celebrate until January, others in Europe celebrate Christmas eve. It's all good and no one person's customs/traditions are better than anyone elses :)

Yep different strokes for different folks, we all have our own ways of celebrating; could be worse I went to school with a Jehovah's witness who didn’t celebrate Christmas at all:cry:

It must have been hard for him waking up on Christmas Morning to a normal day and no pressies:(

He seemed happy enough though:)