This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 17**

1187188189190191193»

Comments

• Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    I think Louis looks very different in that clip, but it was clearly filmed within the last 4 months

I think it must be longer than that mims - the voice over said he was 20 - and I thought he was 22-ish now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    What was going on with Dani's ruffles dress? Seriously she will look like the Queen Mary docking! She's small and has a tendency to look round even though she's tiny, I know lets put her in something with so many ruffly layers, Vincent's going to have difficulty standing near her. :rolleyes: Oh and we'll hack some off it a bit closer to the show. :rolleyes:

And I swear I went to a University toga party in Denise's dress in 1987, it's the sheet off my bed isn't it? :confused::cool:

Dani's dress just screams 'loo-roll cover' If you look at it closely, you can tell it's knitted. :D
  • Options
    Mrs FinkelsteinMrs Finkelstein Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was going on with Dani's ruffles dress? Seriously she will look like the Queen Mary docking! She's small and has a tendency to look round even though she's tiny, I know lets put her in something with so many ruffly layers, Vincent's going to have difficulty standing near her. :rolleyes: Oh and we'll hack some off it a bit closer to the show. :rolleyes:

And I swear I went to a University toga party in Denise's dress in 1987, it's the sheet off my bed isn't it? :confused::cool:

Was that planned for her AS? I dread to think what her AT dress will look like. Her body shape just doesn't suit that style. :confused:
  • Options
    grittygritty Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Louis looks very different in that clip, but it was clearly filmed within the last 4 months

Have a look at the comments underneath - it was:
    Published on Jul 30, 2012
    but
    "The most Thomas flairs performed on a pommel horse in one minute is 50 by Louis Smith (UK) on the set of Guinness World Records - Smashed, in London, UK, on 21 April 2009."

The commentator also says he's 20 years old.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gritty wrote: »
    but
    "The most Thomas flairs performed on a pommel horse in one minute is 50 by Louis Smith (UK) on the set of Guinness World Records - Smashed, in London, UK, on 21 April 2009."

Deleted as I must learn to read post properly. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that planned for her AS? I dread to think what her AT dress will look like. Her body shape just doesn't suit that style. :confused:

There not going to give her the tight pointy v dress are they? :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    I've just watched the footage and I don't think any of them are covering themselves in glory. I don't know if it's because it's early week training or they're learning two dances or they don't have much footage but none of them look amazing and Robin's taking a real risk with that armography imo, Lisa has quite short arms and there's a real risk of them getting tangled in the heat of the moment.

I deeply unappreciate the thought of BB and B in the heat of the moment :mad: :cry:
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    of course it is Alli , they have just added a few sequins to hide any stains,job done

I have to say my first thought on seeing Dani's dress was that my granny used to have a loo roll cover in that particularly fetching combination of rose and lemon.

Someone in War Drobe has seen her WI tendancies and is just rolling with it aren't they:(

In all honesty didn't War Drobe say they were running out of colours is that why they are now putting 2 colours that don;t go together in one dress

what joys do we have in store for the final I am going with Khaki and neon yellow with fringling, ruffles arm hankies and a train to dance the salsa in , oh and I don't think we have had enough gingham this series, chuck a bit of that in the mix and job done again:
    :D

BIB - yes they did they were running out of colours! I think we can expect some *ahem* innovative combinations for the final!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    BIB - yes they did they were running out of colours! I think we can expect some *ahem* innovative combinations for the final!

So by innovative you mean cheap and nasty? ;)

Mind you there still haven't come close to Anita's allsorts dress, so they really need to up their game.
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gritty wrote: »
    but

that explains it, thank you.
    Watching on my phone, the detail escaped me.

They called him an olympic medallist and I assumed it was 2012 ones, not Bejing.
    Has he had his teeth done?
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I greatly unappreciate my porridge boiling over this morning and making a dirty great mess in the microwave.
    I blame Blulu
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    I blame Blulu

Good plan. I blame her for my windscreen wash running out halfway to work and me having to peer through the salt and muck caking my windscreen for seven miles :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So by innovative you mean cheap and nasty? ;)

Mind you there still haven't come close to Anita's allsorts dress, so they really need to up their game.

Yes. Cheap and nasty! I'd forgotten about Anita's allsorts dress :eek:

I've heard mention of the dresses being done by an external agency (Sue Judd?) for past series. When did they start doing them in-house? I was looking at some old clips from the show recently and was reminded how beautiful some of the dresses were. Rachel and Alesha in particular had some fabulous ones. In those earlier series there were always some dresses which had the wow factor. Nowadays they stand out more because of the bleeugh factor!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On ITT When discussing BB's tangerine request, the wardrobe lady said "we all love Lisa”. There seems to be a lot of that on ITT. Is there some sort of hypnosis conditioning room, where everyone comes out chanting "we all love Lisa" ? :D
    I think a few have avoided their sessions this week though. Naughty Karen, Ian and Len!
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    On ITT When discussing BB's tangerine request, the wardrobe lady said "we all love Lisa”. There seems to be a lot of that on ITT. Is there some sort of hypnosis conditioning room, where everyone comes out chanting "we all love Lisa" ? :D
    I think a few have avoided their sessions this week though. Naughty Karen, Ian and Len!

Robin announced that every single person loves LIsa .I shouted at the teli and the cat arched his back and hissed "Not this one Robin "
    ( I stayed schtum and didnt tell the cat he wasnt a person )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robin announced that every single person loves LIsa .I shouted at the teli and the cat arched his back and hissed "Not this one Robin "

Robin as his moments as well, judging by the screen cap at the end of Monkseal's blog :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mindyann wrote: »
    Robin as his moments as well, judging by the screen cap at the end of Monkseal's blog :cool:

Apart from that inane sentance above I thought his body language had changed completly .It was akin to a get me out of here body hold this week

I have a feeling he wants the rules of the other show to be used on SCD and shout " I am a Pro Dancer Let me Out of Here "
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Cheap and nasty! I'd forgotten about Anita's allsorts dress :eek:

I've heard mention of the dresses being done by an external agency (Sue Judd?) for past series. When did they start doing them in-house? I was looking at some old clips from the show recently and was reminded how beautiful some of the dresses were. Rachel and Alesha in particular had some fabulous ones. In those earlier series there were always some dresses which had the wow factor. Nowadays they stand out more because of the bleeugh factor!

This year the dresses look like they have been designed by a bunch of nine-year old's and a packet of Poundland felt tipped pens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from that inane sentance above I thought his body language had changed completly .It was akin to a get me out of here body hold this week

I have a feeling he wants the rules of the other show to be used on SCD and shout " I am a Pro Dancer Let me Out of Here "

He honestly looks like she's sucked all the life out of him, he is a shadow of his former self.

I'm thinking that Artem's knee is not going to heal ver quickly at all, I'm expecting him in comedy cast and crutches any day now. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He honestly looks like she's sucked all the life out of him, he is a shadow of his former self.

I'm thinking that Artem's knee is not going to heal ver quickly at all, I'm expecting him in comedy cast and crutches any day now. ;)

I bet he is glad he talked her out of three lifts !!! He would be flattened by Saturday .
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Have we still not been spliced yet?? Surely its time to get a nice new clean thread for the semi finals and final week??

How about it Mods??
  • Options
    perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    Speaking of Artem, what was with the vest he turned up in to do the pro challenge? Looked like he'd ran out of his own clothes and nicked something of Robin's.

Here's a tip, Artem - if Robin would wear it, step away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Speaking of Artem, what was with the vest he turned up in to do the pro challenge? Looked like he'd ran out of his own clothes and nicked something of Robin's.

Here's a tip, Artem - if Robin would wear it, step away.

They will be sharing bras soon if they continue on the large pecs route .
  • Options
    TricoteiroTricoteiro Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    They will be sharing bras soon if they continue on the large pecs route .

Note to Robin after seeing his pro challenge- if you have to hold your pecs when you are dancing it is clearly time to stop building them up. Clutching your moobs is not attractive
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,862
    Administrator
This discussion has been closed.