This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 18**

Comments

• Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    The best dance on tv EVAH - fact. :D

The trouble with that song is it makes me laugh so hard, it's just so overwrought, plus I didn't realise that for years she was singing "Take your passion and make it happen", forever I thought it was "Take your pants down and make it happen" so I can't take it seriously.

It's going to be so overwrought and filled with earnest fun and "look at me and James having the time of my life", meanwhile you'll have me And half the the non app thread with tears pouring down our faces, barely able to breathe screaming

"Take your pants downnnnnnnnn, and make it happppennnnnn"
    N
    ot the mood I think they were going for. :D:D:D:p

:D:D
    Love it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't that Rachel's showdance song too?

Just thinking that James has done a grand total of two showdances, and for both of them he's picked a song that was already used in a previous showdance.
  • Options
    kassieqkassieq Posts: 3,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindyann wrote: »
    I so hope we get a reprise of the Music, Mime and Movement choeography rolling around on the floor, slumped with head in hands from Saturday. :D

:D:D James does overwrought so well.
  • Options
    perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    So is there any way we won't see Denise's showdance? Because I'm not sure I can really get behind a final that doesn't have at least one truly awful showdance, and I'm so hoping James has got his literal choreography hat one for this one...

Just read the lyrics and think of how terrible it could be...
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is there any way we won't see Denise's showdance? Because I'm not sure I can really get behind a final that doesn't have at least one truly awful showdance, and I'm so hoping James has got his literal choreography hat one for this one...

Just read the lyrics and think of how terrible it could be...

As long as they don't grab their crotches for "what a feeling" I'll be happy.
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as they don't grab their crotches for "what a feeling" I'll be happy.

Let's hope we don't get literal choreography to your misheard lyrics too...
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    Thank you all so much for your good wishes on Tuesday.
    The sun was shining on the shores of Belfast Lough and everything went beautifully. The only hitch was the wedding car broke down, and they had to send a replacement. She wasn't fashionably late .... she was 40 minutes late !!

The service was just wonderful and all went smoothly.

As always in Ireland, the party afterwards was legendary, eventually we were kicked out of the bar at 2am ;):D

Back on topic .... I really don't mind who wins on Saturday ( apart from Deknees ), they all have merit and they have all improved over the weeks. I would love to see Vincent or Flavia with the glitterball though. A mop and bucket would be needed for Vincent's tears of joy. Speaking of tears, I have finally watched last week's results show. All that was missing was a full on snort .... most unbecoming.
    I see that the standard of wedding cars in Belfast has not improved since my wedding 25 years ago where the bridal car developed a flat tyre while still at my parents' house and they had no spare!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope we don't get literal choreography to your misheard lyrics too...

Awww, come on don't tell me you wouldn't laugh hysterically at James in velcroed stripper trousers. He has to be British and have socks on almost up to his knees. :D:D:D

I'm going to enjoy DeKnees and James' show dance for all the wrong reasons aren't I?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww, come on don't tell me you wouldn't laugh hysterically at James in velcroed stripper trousers. He has to be British and have socks on almost up to his knees. :D:D:D

I'm going to enjoy DeKnees and James' show dance for all the wrong reasons aren't I?

BiB1 - I would, I would.

I think it's the "making it happen" that would cause the apprehension.

BiB2 - I hope so. I really hope so. DeKnees Van Snowdon - please "make it happen".
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Kimberly fish scale watltz dress could loose her the glitter ball .It was ghastly on her
  • Options
    franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's the thing that baffles me the most ... just how they pitched it so wrong.

James has what? 7? series of Strictly under his belt and has been through the whole gamut (apart from winning ;):D) of Strictly storylines. Denise has 3 years of judging on a talent based popularity phone voting competition and the added advantage of having watched her husband negotiate the choppy waters of ringerdom to actually win.

How they thought the way they decided to play was the right one, is just ... baffling :confused:

These are pretty much my thoughts. They're both reality tv veterans and pretty much anything they could have done to make things worse, they did. I don't get it. Out of curiosity I did a Google search of "chris evans denise van outen strictly" and on first page had one article about Chris' comments. All the rest were Denise responding. Much the same on page 2. I really think it's Denise and James who blew this whole thing out of proportion in terms of the media. I mean, didn't the article(s) about Dani pulling out of a disco dancing musical in order to do Strictly (and the musical subsequently losing its financial backers and folding) appear at around the same time as the Chris Evans comments? That could have been far more harmful (professional dance experience, lack of professionalism/ letting people down in pulling out of the show, so "desperate" to be in the public eye that she'd pull out of a job she'd already signed up to do in order to be in Strictly), yet it blew over in a matter of weeks (days?).

I slightly love that the winners' panel tonight showed Jill kicking and flicking with flair, Mark doing a dangerous looking salsa trick and Chris... clumsily falling forwards and sliding along the floor on his bum. Ah yes, the amazing dance prowess of yester-year. In fairness I don't actually mind Chris, who always seems vaguely embarassed that he somehow won despite being really blatantly not the best dancer. His loyalty to the Jordans is very sweet as well.

Random question but Denise's jive didn't get 39 the first time round, did it? I could have sworn the jive came before the Charleston, which I'm pretty sure brought Denise's first tens.

Flavia vs. Vincent for the showdance showdown please! Denise is doing yet another mash-up of her previous dances and Kimberley/ Pasha are stealing music from dance(r)s I liked again, which means she's going to be competing against both Rachel Stevens and Alesha in my head at the weekend (seriously Pasha, just put the music down, give it back to their previous owners and I'll say no more. I like your choreography and I'm liking Kimberley more and more as the weeks go on but I *loved* Rachel's tango and you're going to have a hard time beating the beginning of Alesha's cha cha so just... hands off their music, please. *grumps*). I love that Flavia and Vincent have gone "Right, I know the others are skipping dances and we're kind of out of time but you're my celeb and I say you're doing everything so Louis, here's the second half of your rumba and your AT training and Dani, you're on Paso and rumba. If you think you're leaving here without doing all my dances, you've got another think coming!"

Unappreciating James for reaching another final without doing either AT or samba. Not-So-Artful Dodger. :rolleyes: Also unappreciating that every time they call him Jimmy I start humming "You're a queer one, Jimmy Jordan." :o
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Random question but Denise's jive didn't get 39 the first time round, did it? I could have sworn the jive came before the Charleston, which I'm pretty sure brought Denise's first tens.

It got 32. I'm sure the show would love us to think Denise was popping 10s in Week 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm... James might have 7 series of Strictly under his belt and have experienced most of the highs (although not the highest ;)) and lows of the whole reality show genre but the persona that comes across from him seems to indicate that he has the IQ of a dandelion.

And no, Denise's jive didn't score 39, it scored 32.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    These are pretty much my thoughts. They're both reality tv veterans and pretty much anything they could have done to make things worse, they did. I don't get it. Out of curiosity I did a Google search of "chris evans denise van outen strictly" and on first page had one article about Chris' comments. All the rest were Denise responding. Much the same on page 2. I really think it's Denise and James who blew this whole thing out of proportion in terms of the media. I mean, didn't the article(s) about Dani pulling out of a disco dancing musical in order to do Strictly (and the musical subsequently losing its financial backers and folding) appear at around the same time as the Chris Evans comments? That could have been far more harmful (professional dance experience, lack of professionalism/ letting people down in pulling out of the show, so "desperate" to be in the public eye that she'd pull out of a job she'd already signed up to do in order to be in Strictly), yet it blew over in a matter of weeks (days?).

I slightly love that the winners' panel tonight showed Jill kicking and flicking with flair, Mark doing a dangerous looking salsa trick and Chris... clumsily falling forwards and sliding along the floor on his bum. Ah yes, the amazing dance prowess of yester-year. In fairness I don't actually mind Chris, who always seems vaguely embarassed that he somehow won despite being really blatantly not the best dancer. His loyalty to the Jordans is very sweet as well.

Flavia vs. Vincent for the showdance showdown please! Denise is doing yet another mash-up of her previous dances and Kimberley/ Pasha are stealing music from dance(r)s I liked again, which means she's going to be competing against both Rachel Stevens and Alesha in my head at the weekend (seriously Pasha, just put the music down, give it back to their previous owners and I'll say no more. I like your choreography and I'm liking Kimberley more and more as the weeks go on but I *loved* Rachel's tango and you're going to have a hard time beating the beginning of Alesha's cha cha so just... hands off their music, please. *grumps*). I love that Flavia and Vincent have gone "Right, I know the others are skipping dances and we're kind of out of time but you're my celeb and I say you're doing everything so Louis, here's the second half of your rumba and your AT training and Dani, you're on Paso and rumba. If you think you're leaving here without doing all my dances, you've got another think coming!"

Unappreciating James for reaching another final without doing either AT or samba. Not-So-Artful Dodger. :rolleyes: Also unappreciating that every time they call him Jimmy I start humming "You're a queer one, Jimmy Jordan." :o

BIB - Interesting. I assumed that Disco Inferno folded, then she was drafted in to replace someone who had dropped out. Do you have any links?

ETA: Looks like it was initially reported as she pulled out first, but that it was the show that folded first, due to the producer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB - Interesting. I assumed that Disco Inferno folded, then she was drafted in to replace someone who had dropped out. Do you have any links?

I thought that was what happened too. I thought it lost its funding. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BBC report http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19486965
    And another http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/19843076
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought that was what happened too. I thought it lost its funding. :confused:

It was. See my edit.
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    One word.... 'Catsuit' :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah ok, I'm pretty sure the opposite was initially reported on here, because I remember finding the whole thing highly doubtful (as in, backers pulling out as a result of Dani not doing the show - I assumed it was coincidence rather than cause and effect).
  • Options
    KitKat21KitKat21 Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »

Another one word: Fourth.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    One of Ola's most probably, she has a wardrobe full of them for when times get desperate :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    One of Ola's most probably, she has a wardrobe full of them for when times get desperate :D

Is her celeb partner struggling again :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    daziechain wrote: »

Given the disparate heights that could lead to a severe camel-toe. God, I am looking forward to the warm glow of schadenfreude on Saturday evening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is her celeb partner struggling again :D

But then it will hide her bruises and how is she going to whine and claim how hard she's found it and look at her knees because she's really struggled this week. :rolleyes::p

Perhaps she can stick one heel through the other leg, rip if and hold the leg of the catsuit to Bruce showing the ripped shreds over and over again whilst also pleading with everyone to look at the state of her knees. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I mean, didn't the article(s) about Dani pulling out of a disco dancing musical in order to do Strictly (and the musical subsequently losing its financial backers and folding) appear at around the same time as the Chris Evans comments? That could have been far more harmful (professional dance experience, lack of professionalism/ letting people down in pulling out of the show, so "desperate" to be in the public eye that she'd pull out of a job she'd already signed up to do in order to be in Strictly), yet it blew over in a matter of weeks (days?).

The only articles I've found about Dani leaving Disco Inferno are on-lines ones such as http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-09-05/tracy-beaker-star-dani-harmer-confirmed-for-strictly-come-dancing-2012. Radio, TV and the tabloids haven't paid too much attention to Dani so she has reached the final largely 'under the radar'. It'll be interesting to see if she can finally grab their attention on Saturday night!
This discussion has been closed.