Options

LG Nexus 4 officially announced

Comments

• Options
    Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the camera like on this?

I'm very interested in this as I've heard great things, but no mention of the camera.

I'm coming from an iPhone 4 so in comparison is the camera better on the Nexus 4?

I''ve tried android before and never stayed very long with them. I had a Galaxy Note but didn't like Touchwiz and it's size got to me eventually. Then I had a Nexus which I liked but the camera was very poor. Also if I remember rightly, I had issues with setting up Hotmail with the inbuilt mail app because it wouldn't push. I tried setting up as Active Exchange but then pictures wouldn't display unless you clicked 'view' or 'download' on every single email - and the Hotmail app is a no go as it's fugly and useless.

Would it be wise to go for this phone on a 24 month contract or maybe wait for the S3 and put up with Touchwiz!?

The camera is very poor, if I'm honest also the wifi range is a joke. If you want everything in one phone I think you know where to look.

The iPhone 5. Cnet did a test on the cameras of the iPhone 5, S3 and HTC Onex.

The iPhone camera tranced all with the HTC coming a distant second.

Also before you pay any attention to Stiggle go read his posting history......
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    The camera is very poor, if I'm honest also the wifi range is a joke. If you want everything in one phone I think you know where to look.

The Nexus 4. Can't think of many other devices that have wireless charging, NFC, quad-core processor and such a high resolution non-pentile screen for under £300. iPhone 5 has that 'purple haze' issue so I don't think the camera as good as others. Sony and Nokia devices are certainly better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    The Nexus 4. Can't think of many other devices that have wireless charging, NFC, quad-core processor and such a high resolution non-pentile screen for under £300. iPhone 5 has that 'purple haze' issue so I don't think the camera as good as others. Sony and Nokia devices are certainly better.

The Nexus 4 has the purple haze issue, current wireless charging is awful extremely slow, inefficient and wasteful. Apple have patented a newer way of charging devices wirelessly that is XXX times faster and more environmentally friendly due to being less wasteful of energy.

The screen is good though.
  • Options
    Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member

could that read like any more of a fanboy post :eek:

for me the iPhone 5 has way too small a screen ... no widgets .... no NFC ..... I could go on ......

Do people really get that worked up over a phone camera ?? I took some great shots on my old HTC Desire - just blown them up to canvas and they look great - but phones are just for casual point and click shots. The cameras arent really serious photographic hardware ......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »

for me the iPhone 5 has way too small a screen ... no widgets .... no NFC ..... I could go on ......

Do people really get that worked up over a phone camera ?? I took some great shots on my old HTC Desire - just blown them up to canvas and they look great - but phones are just for casual point and click shots. The cameras arent really serious photographic hardware ......

I don't see why its a fanboy post?:confused: In Cnet's test the iPhone 5 camera came first, the HTC One X second and the S3 3rd.

Not my findings, Infact I find all phone cameras "adequate" at best. Great for catching moments on a night out etc. But for important photos I use a "proper" camera.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member

Frankly i would be more concerned of yours. You joined a few months ago, have a handful of posts and you question someone here for years? Bit of a cheek!

I guarantee you haven't put one hand on a N4 whereas i own one, owned an iphone and an S3. I have experience. You have hearsay. Your posts are filled with misinformation and down right lies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Frankly i would be more concerned of yours. You joined a few months ago, have a handful of posts and you question someone here for years? Bit of a cheek!

I guarantee you haven't put one hand on a N4 whereas i own one, owned an iphone and an S3. I have experience. You have hearsay. Your posts are filled with misinformation and down right lies.

I still have the Nexus 4 here RIGHT NOW lol, I had a S3 but my 11 year old nephew has it now. Why would I say I have one if I don't?

I'm more than happy too escalate to the post your picture proof:D, I may of had to do it once before;) I've also owned my N4 longer than you've owned yours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Nexus 4 has the purple haze issue, current wireless charging is awful extremely slow, inefficient and wasteful. Apple have patented a newer way of charging devices wirelessly that is XXX times faster and more environmentally friendly due to being less wasteful of energy.

The screen is good though.

No purple haze here on any picture taken although every phone camera has some with the iphone 5 being the worst offender.

Wireless charging i compared to USB and it was 10 mins slower.

See what i mean about lies and misinformation?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I still have the Nexus 4 here RIGHT NOW lol, I had a S3 but my 11 year old nephew has it now. Why would I say I have one if I don't?

I'm more than happy too escalate to the post your picture proof:D, I may of had to do it once before;) I've also owned my N4 longer than you've owned yours.

Really?

See my issue here is every phone you 'claimed' to have owned, you know nothing about them :confused:

You claim the nexus 4 has purple hazing yet gloss over the fact every phone camera has it with the worst being the iphone 5! Also the nonsense about wireless charging!

You seem to be absolutely blinded by apple love, one questions why you have all these devices you constantly slate yet no iphone 5 :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No purple haze here on any picture taken although every phone camera has some with the iphone 5 being the worst offender.

Wireless charging i compared to USB and it was 10 mins slower.

See what i mean about lies and misinformation?

What a crazy an strange thing to say, where are the lies?:confused:

Does the N4 have purple haze on the camera? Yes

Is wireless charging technology slow and wasteful hence it hasn't taken off? Yes.

So please point out the lies?:confused::confused:
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »

I've hardly posted in the new year due to all this fanboy crap.

Its really starting to do my head in again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?

See my issue here is every phone you 'claimed' to have owned, you know nothing about them :confused:

You claim the nexus 4 has purple hazing yet gloss over the fact every phone camera has it with the worst being the iphone 5! Also the nonsense about wireless charging!

You seem to be absolutely blinded by apple love, one questions why you have all these devices you constantly slate yet no iphone 5 :confused:

I'm not a fan of the iPhone 5, I would say IMO, its the best of a current bad bunch of phones, others disagree.

I have an iPhone 5 an I'm more than happy to post pictures,I buy the things I can afford, with an iPhone you have the confidence of high resale, the N4 was under £300 so why not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a crazy an strange thing to say, where are the lies?:confused:

Does the N4 have purple haze on the camera? Yes

Is wireless charging technology slow and wasteful hence it hasn't taken off? Yes.

So please point out the lies?:confused::confused:

Because once again your making out as if every other phone apart from apple is useless with current tech!!

Where is this wireless charging from apple? Where is the iphone with no purple haze?

QI charging is not slow. If you class close to 10 mins longer being slow then there is something wrong with you! Apples will not be any faster.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because once again your making out as if every other phone apart from apple is useless with current tech!!

Where is this wireless charging from apple? Where is the iphone with no purple haze?

QI charging is not slow. If you class close to 10 mins longer being slow then there is something wrong with you! Apples will not be any faster.

You are so random I just can't make sense of what your point is? Where did I state the iPhone does not suffer with hazing?

You are yet to admit the N4 has hazing, and wireless is much slower to charge than connecting to a power socket.

I just don't see your point and ot be honest I don't think you're sure what you are trying to say either:confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of the iPhone 5, I would say IMO, its the best of a current bad bunch of phones, others disagree.

I have an iPhone 5 an I'm more than happy to post pictures,I buy the things I can afford, with an iPhone you have the confidence of high resale, the N4 was under £300 so why not?

Yeah likewise, i buy what i can afford and that can be anything.

Fact is, we need to establish this....I have zero brand loyalty so i don't need to defend anything. I've tried all high end phones and so far i would say the iphone 5 is at the bottom of the ladder. I had the 4S so my natural progression would have been the 5. Its terrible so i went for an S3. Loved it, i broke it while pissed and now have the Nexus 4. So far im finding this better than the S3 and any iphone i have ever touched.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah likewise, i buy what i can afford and that can be anything.

Fact is, we need to establish this....I have zero brand loyalty so i don't need to defend anything. I've tried all high end phones and so far i would say the iphone 5 is at the bottom of the ladder. I had the 4S so my natural progression would have been the 5. Its terrible so i went for an S3. Loved it, i broke it while pissed and now have the Nexus 4. So far im finding this better than the S3 and any iphone i have ever touched.

That's great but what the hell are you going on about? lololl:confused::confused: I just confused?

Are you telling me you have no brand loyalty for a reason? I don't remember asking? or stating that, An you love your N4 well congratulations.

Have you been drinking? I see in an earlier post you say you have the S3 and the N4 but now you say its just the N4? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You are so random I just can't make sense of what your point is? Where did I state the iPhone does not suffer with hazing?

You are yet to admit the N4 has hazing, and wireless is much slower to charge than connecting to a power socket.

I just don't see your point and ot be honest I don't think you're sure what you are trying to say either:confused::confused:

Its not random!

Based on all your posts so far on this forum, you have rubbished everything non iphone. You claim phones have issues they don't have.

I have said several times now the wireless charging is 10 mins or so slower. That is NOT much slower like you claim. I use the Maxell Air Power Wireless charger.

You claimed the N4 had purple haze, i acknowledged that every phone has it but the iphone 5 has the worst.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not random!

Based on all your posts so far on this forums, you have rubbished everything non iphone. You claim phones have issues they don't have.

I have said several times now the wireless charging is 10 mins or so slower. That is NOT much slower like you claim. I use the Maxell Air Power Wireless charger.

You claimed the N4 had purple haze, i acknowledged that every phone has it but the iphone 5 has the worst.
    So lets agree,

I think the iPhone5 is much better phone than the N4 an I own both.

You think the N4 is better but have stated never owning a iPhone 5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So lets agree,

Yep ok then.

No. I had a loan of an iphone 5 for several weeks and it was next to useless. I have several friends who upgraded to the 5 and now don't have it since it offered nothing whatsoever new.
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    So lets agree,

Just curious given your previous posts in which you clearly think android os poor in addition to android handsets why have you purchased an s3 and an N4 surely you would have no inclination to do so having decided they are so poor?

Do you own W8 phones as well?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    Just curious given your previous posts in which you clearly think android os poor in addition to android handsets why have you purchased an s3 and an N4 surely you would have no inclination to do so having decided they are so poor?

Do you own W8 phones as well?

Nope, no win8 phone, I do have a slight technology addiction,

I own a PS3 a Wii U and a xbox360 but prefer the Xbox, hate the PS3 and Wii U is well, new..

The N4 was cheap as chips, I would of paid £389 for it though.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hugh, why do you keep saying wireless charging is much slower when Stiggles has first hand experience and its only 10 mins slower?

Seriously, try answering it for a change.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep ok then.

No. I had a loan of an iphone 5 for several weeks and it was next to useless. I have several friends who upgraded to the 5 and now don't have it since it offered nothing whatsoever new.

You found the iPhone "next to useless" lol, well you've showed your true intentions right there. The iPhone 5 is a perfectly good and capable phone as iis the N4 and the S3 but personal preference will push us towards 1 or the other.

The iPhone 5 is next to useless LMAO. so you under stand tech then, of course you do.
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep ok then.

In fairness, you borrowed a N4 for a week and didn't like that, but still bought one. Maybe you will change your mind about the iphone5;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Have you been drinking? I see in an earlier post you say you have the S3 and the N4 but now you say its just the N4? :confused:

I have the N4, the Mrs has an S3 still. but now she wants the N4.