Options

iPhone 6 and iOS 7 reportedly in development, expected to release in mid-2013

Comments

• Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dontpannic wrote: »
    But Mr Executive on the move wanting to edit a large spreadsheet will be frustrated with 16:9 on a mobile device as the keyboard will take up 60% of the screen real estate!

I'd love to see Mr Executive editing a large spreadsheet on any mobile device!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None beat the retina display though.
    That terminology is marketing nonsense.
    I have yet to see the nexus 10 in the flesh so can't comment on that yet.
    Its beautiful! I got one for christmas. If someone wants to see how good the screen is then checkout the timescapes trailer!!!
    http://www.timescapes.org/trailers/default.aspx
  • Options
    tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    but if someone wants a cheap tablet (under £100) then the chinese the better option for them.

You and I might agree (shock horror :p) that the N7 and iPad mini are better tablets than the chinese one but to the person only wanting to pay a lesser amount then they arent.

They might be technically more advanced ..... they might be quicker ..... they might be prettier, sturdier, last longer .... but 'better' is purely something that each individual bases on their own requirements.

A Ferarri might be quicker, shinier etc than my current car. But with 2 kids its sadly not better for me than my current motor.

But you are now introducing the concept of value for money which I was deliberately avoiding, hence my statement that an N7 is better value than an iPad. In common parlance the word better is understood to be absolute, as in "my Dad's car is better than yours".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dontpannic wrote: »
    Let's be honest, if this thread about iOS7/iPhone 6 is going to be talking about the pros and cons of keyboards on Android, the majority of keyboards on the Google Play store are horseshit.

At least on Android i can install my own choice of a keyboard instead of what Jobs thinks WILL be best for me!
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    At least on Android i can install my own choice of a keyboard instead of what Jobs thinks WILL be best for me!

A dead man forces you to use a certain keyboard? :D
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What did he do, drag you to the shop and make you buy an ipad:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    This whole part of the board is childish and spammed senseless by the S-tards, I'm gonna hide their S-pens and watch them stand there dumbfounded stareing at the floor lol.

Not from what I've seen in the majority.
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    I've read some s*it in my time but the but the whole tablets are better in 4:3 because of the keyboard is now the king :D
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    I've read some s*it in my time but the but the whole tablets are better in 4:3 because of the keyboard is now the king :D

So you disagree with that view? Do you have a view of your own, maybe with some reasoning behind it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kidspud wrote: »
    So you disagree with that view? Do you have a view of your own, maybe with some reasoning behind it?

:D I agree with what exactly the the screen format of 4;3 of the ipad is better because the keyboard takes less space? or is it the ability to work on spreadsheets?

ummmm no either way
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That terminology is marketing nonsense.

Its beautiful! I got one for christmas. If someone wants to see how good the screen is then checkout the timescapes trailer!!!
    http://www.timescapes.org/trailers/default.aspx

Yea on paper the nexus 10 is the best screen out there. The trailer looks good. I look forward to seeing it in the flesh.
  • Options
    Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Yea on paper the nexus 10 is the best screen out there. The trailer looks good. I look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

i think that yet again Apple have paused too long on the screen side of things too. The 'retina' display has for a long time been a great selling point as it was leagues ahead of the competition.

but Apple havent moved on .... they are now being overtaken in both the tablet resolution and blown out of the water in the phone resolution. Their next screens will be catch up again.

And this is genuinely a shame for Apple fans. And I dont mean that as a put-down or as an inflammatory comment. Apple have ceased to lead the way on Phone and Tablet 'tech' (hardware). It will be interesting to see if there is something round the corner that they can 'lead with'. Rumours are starting of an iWatch, but this isnt new, or a new Apple TV, which isnt new either. I truly hope that they come up with something fun and new soon as the market needs multiple players and more toys :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think that yet again Apple have paused too long on the screen side of things too. The 'retina' display has for a long time been a great selling point as it was leagues ahead of the competition.

but Apple havent moved on .... they are now being overtaken in both the tablet resolution and blown out of the water in the phone resolution. Their next screens will be catch up again.

And this is genuinely a shame for Apple fans. And I dont mean that as a put-down or as an inflammatory comment. Apple have ceased to lead the way on Phone and Tablet 'tech' (hardware). It will be interesting to see if there is something round the corner that they can 'lead with'. Rumours are starting of an iWatch, but this isnt new, or a new Apple TV, which isnt new either. I truly hope that they come up with something fun and new soon as the market needs multiple players and more toys :D

Whatever it is we can be sure that it will be nothing new. We will get ridiculous adverts implying that they are bringing out the greatest thing known to man and they will be suing people left right and centre:D
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Guess who make the Retina™ display ?

Samsung :D

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/03/13/retina-display-made-by-samsung/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah but will they still use sammy now that they have fallen out. I think they are moving the contract for the iPhone processor to a Taiwanese company.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    I would somewhat agree. The swiping keyboard is the only thing that makes the keyboard useable on all the android devices i own. The iphone/ios devices don't need swipe as the built in keyboard is adequate.

Now that, i don't agree with. The keyboard i found on the iphone 4S was bloody awful! Fine if you have girly fingers, but man size ones result in typos galore! I spent ages trying to find how to change the keyboard. The having to switch pages on the keyboard for number, punctuation etc was stupid. Not very well thought out.

Went to an S3 and it was like a breath of fresh air! Swype is super but even the stock one is good as are the countless other ones you can add.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah but will they still use sammy now that they have fallen out. I think they are moving the contract for the iPhone processor to a Taiwanese company.

Apple's been moving away from Samsung for a while.

The main supplier for the iPhone 5's screen is Sharp, while LG is the main supplier for the iPad 4's screen and the iPad mini's screen.

As for chips... Yep, lots of rumours that Apple is going to shift to using Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) instead of Samsung.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just rumours if you want the best components in quantity you have to pay :D
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    Just rumours if you want the best components in quantity you have to pay :D

One of my pals worked in the electronics industry said that some of the big companies they manufactured for were very aggressive in getting discounts so much so that some lines were made at a loss just to keep the customer! Wouldn't surprise me if Apple were trying to push their luck with some of the manufactures regarding prices and they told them where to go!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sure they do but samsung make lots from apple ... the volumes involved would mean difficult for apple to go elsewhere and difficult for samsung to say no to all that money.
  • Options
    Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least if Samsung are making parts for Apple they get to innovate . Instead of constantly rolling different versions of the gaLAZY range.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least if Samsung are making parts for Apple they get to innovate . Instead of constantly rolling different versions of the gaLAZY range.

Samsung innovate in their own products. Even their low budget Galaxy phones are superior to the iPhone. The Galaxy S3 has hardware that won't be considered by Apple until iPhone 8, and the S4 will do the same. Samsung just sell their old stuff to Apple. Either way they are making money, especially considering the S3 is the world's best selling smartphone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Samsung innovate in their own products. Even their low budget Galaxy phones are superior to the iPhone. The Galaxy S3 has hardware that won't be considered by Apple until iPhone 8, and the S4 will do the same. Samsung just sell their old stuff to Apple. Either way they are making money, especially considering the S3 is the world's best selling smartphone.

They will keep rolling out the gaLAZY range with various S pens and the like. The S-Tards will run out to buy it with joyous excitement whilst shouting how they aren't sheep, they're different . Whilst at the same time shouting how there Android phones are the best selling in the world. Yeah you don't blindly follow the herd do ya,,,,, DUhhh
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will keep rolling out the gaLAZY range with various S pens and the like. The S-Tards will run out to buy it with joyous excitement whilst shouting how they aren't sheep, they're different . Whilst at the same time shouting how there Android phones are the best selling in the world. Yeah you don't blindly follow the herd do ya,,,,, DUhhh

I find it amusing that you can label a whole group of people 'S-Tards' and then make such a glaring and frankly ironic grammatical error in the same post.

Samsung has a wide range of devices, there is a choice, the fact that the S3 is the best selling phone in the world is down to the fact that a large number of people have chosen to buy it over other devices. It's nothing to do with 'following the crowd' as you put it. This isn't 'one size fits all' like Apple, Samsung have products aimed at all kinds of preferences, as do other Android manufacturers. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I find it amusing that you can label a whole group of people 'S-Tards' and then make such a glaring and frankly ironic grammatical error in the same post.

Samsung has a wide range of devices, there is a choice, the fact that the S3 is the best selling phone in the world is down to the fact that a large number of people have chosen to buy it over other devices. It's nothing to do with 'following the crowd' as you put it. This isn't 'one size fits all' like Apple, Samsung have products aimed at all kinds of preferences, as do other Android manufacturers. :)

Samsung defence force ACTIVATE.