Options

Non-smokers who flap their hands around when you walk past them

Comments

• Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because I know the dangers and as an adult make that decision.

I would not get drunk in front of children either

I line them up in my front room and down a bottle of ouzo. Cheaper than paying the TV licence
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    with a cigarette - and that expression of disgust on their face as in 'eww you horrible smoker dont invade my space'
    VERY rude behaviour - get a life....please....get a life. It's very offensive and you are automatically an old fogey if you do this. :rolleyes::D:D

(P.S - it only makes me blow more smoke in your face - Just saying).

There's your problem. Don't blow smoke in their faces. Doubly don't if your breath is also humming too!:D
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smokers? Pfft. Disgusting imo. I have no time for it. Spending £4 per packet on Cigarettes just to kill yourself is ridiculous!

But give them credit, at least they generally know how to use a supermarket whether it be in the store or online.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But give them credit, at least they generally know how to use a supermarket whether it be in the store or online.

Haha - beautiful.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a hand flapper and I am an ex-smoker but it is disgusting when people blow their smelly smoke in your face.

I wouldn't just blow air into someone's face, I also wouldn't fart in their face. So why it is apparently acceptable to blow smoke at people I don't know. When I did smoke, I kept it to myself, I didn't walk down the street smoking, and I didn't aim it at anybody. Personally, though, I see more people doing worse things (as rudeness and ignorance go) when not smoking than I walk into smokers clouds of smoke.

Either end of the spectrum, I find wishing illness and death on people quite vile. Smokers are people too, even the rude ones.

What about if a smoker is stood on the sidewalk smoking and minding their own business and a non-smoker approaches and brings themselves within range of the smoke? Are smokers meant to watch for people approaching them and second guess where to move out of the way?

On a separate note I do remember one time holding an unlit cigarette in my hand and someone walking past doing the fake obvious cough. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

:D:D cracking work
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about if a smoker is stood on the sidewalk smoking and minding their own business and a non-smoker approaches and brings themselves within range of the smoke? Are smokers meant to watch for people approaching them and second guess where to move out of the way?

On a separate note I do remember one time holding an unlit cigarette in my hand and someone walking past doing the fake obvious cough. :rolleyes:

I've had that too
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    An ex-friend of mine used to do all the over-dramatic stuff around smokers and it annoyed the hell out of me. Once, when we were at a fireworks display, she deliberately stood behind someone smoking and proceeded to make loud coughing noises and cries of "Eugh! How horrible is that?". The guy smoking turned his had slightly and said "Well f***ing move then" and carried on puffing away. Now that amused me :D

Complaining about smoke at a firework display is a bit like complaining about nudity at an orgy.
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I've had that too

and me :eek:
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    An ex-friend of mine used to do all the over-dramatic stuff around smokers and it annoyed the hell out of me. Once, when we were at a fireworks display, she deliberately stood behind someone smoking and proceeded to make loud coughing noises and cries of "Eugh! How horrible is that?". The guy smoking turned his had slightly and said "Well f***ing move then" and carried on puffing away. Now that amused me :D

not surprised, that would have amused me no end, straight to the point with no messing about:D
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is absolutely diabolical!

£8 :eek: could be better spent
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »

Because non smokers famously only spend their money on things that are absolutely necessary.........
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend not only waves the hands violently, but also starts false coughing and choking very loudly so whoever is near knows what's going on. My other half is a smoker and she does it at him as well. It gets very annoying and embarrassing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We have pavements here in the UK ;)
    To answer though, I don't think the non-smoker has any more right to that particular area of the planet than the smoker. If the non-smoker has no choice but to enter their cloud then I would say the smoker could blow to the side to downwards, just to make an effort. It's the same as if two people pass in a small alleyway, do they both move a bit or does one have right of way? I would say that when moving, the smoker is always going to be the one carrying the obstruction though and should do their best to accomodate others.
  • Options
    biggle2000biggle2000 Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiona72 wrote: »
    I do when the smoke goes near my two babies faces!! Gross! And rude!

I am an ex smoker (9 years). I dont like the hand flappers but I think smoking where a child could be harmed should be illegal
  • Options
    36_Chambers36_Chambers Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People that smoke are so rude and most of them dont even know it.

You stink, actually you stink vile.

Yellow teeth & fingers hmmm attractive

Always wanting extra breaks at work to have a smoke, hardly fair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »

Not for me. Papers, filters and lighters aside (all from £land) that's my smoking bill for the week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Always wanting extra breaks at work to have a smoke, hardly fair.

I would be having a word with your manager if they are getting extra breaks to smoke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    Not for me. Papers, filters and lighters aside (all from £land) that's my smoking bill for the week.

I know I could do i a lot cheaper, but I'm a Marlboro Lights girl and I ain't cheating on them
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smokers stink. Sometimes on the bus I find myself near someone who smells like they have slept in a really full ashtray and then filled their coat pockets with old butts and it makes me heave. It stinks if you are stuck walking behind someone smoking, in a way that car fumes don't smell. People who smoke in bus shelters should be burned . Why are some people so inconsiderate?
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ones that get me are the people who moan about having to walk past smokers to go into the pub. Not happy with driving the smokers out of the pub, they want to drive them off the streets as well.

The best riposte to the fake-coughing hand-flappers I ever heard was "You think that smells bad - try this" followed by a loud fart.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    I know I could do i a lot cheaper, but I'm a Marlboro Lights girl and I ain't cheating on them

Fair do's. I started cheap and got cheaper.
  • Options
    36_Chambers36_Chambers Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be having a word with your manager if they are getting extra breaks to smoke.

I couldnt careless.
  • Options
    Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    with a cigarette - and that expression of disgust on their face as in 'eww you horrible smoker dont invade my space'
    VERY rude behaviour - get a life....please....get a life. It's very offensive and you are automatically an old fogey if you do this. :rolleyes::D:D

(P.S - it only makes me blow more smoke in your face - Just saying).

and I think it's rude to blow your secondary smoke into other people's faces - smokers or non smokers. And the fact that people's disgust makes you want to do it even more makes you even ruder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LakieLady wrote: »
    The ones that get me are the people who moan about having to walk past smokers to go into the pub. Not happy with driving the smokers out of the pub, they want to drive them off the streets as well.

I hate those people, bloody hypocrites, I'm going to loudly complain at your smoking.........an then go into a pub and pickle my liver. :rolleyes: