Options

Famous Historical People: Who Should the Doctor Meet?

Comments

• Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Not exactly historical but fantasy (which DW is as well!) - I'd love to see the Doctor Meet King Arthur and Merlin.
    They could unite the cast of both shows in BBC Wales for a special one-off story! I'm sure Colin Morgan, Bradley James and Richard Wilson would be up for it! :D:D
  • Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not exactly historical but fantasy (which DW is as well!) - I'd love to see the Doctor Meet King Arthur and Merlin.
    They could unite the cast of both shows in BBC Wales for a special one-off story! I'm sure Colin Morgan, Bradley James and Richard Wilson would be up for it! :D:D

Haven't you seen "Battlefield"? The Doctor is Merlin!
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Haven't you seen "Battlefield"? The Doctor is Merlin!

Ooh I forgot about that era. Stopped watching it then anyway, but I did hear about it. :o
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Paternoster Gang vs Jack the Ripper? Maybe a bit gruesome for a family show
    JFK
    Henry V
    Dylan Thomas (Nicky Wire from the MSP has already written this...commission it!)
    Lincoln
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edward I of England, it was suggested Dr Foster who went to Gloucester was based upon him.
  • Options
    UnicyclatrixUnicyclatrix Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Claudius played by Jacobi playing the Master impersonating the emperor Claudius with a plan that makes even less sense than anything that the Master came up with when he was facing off against the fifth doctor.
    Now that is ridiculous but would be fanbloodytastic.
  • Options
    maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sylvia Plath
    Florence Nightingale
  • Options
    R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    Florence Nightingale
    Martin Luther King
    Arthur Conan Doyle
    Isaac Newton
    Emmeline Pankhurst - The 10th Doctor mentioned meeting her ...
    Pablo Piscasso
    Jack the Ripper
    Mary, Queen of Scots
    Einstein
    Leonardo da Vinci
    Anne Frank
    Bloody Mary
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tea with Confucius.:D
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enid Blyton

Fred Perry

Pocohontas
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samuel Pepys.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Beethoven
    Mozart
    Bach
    Handel
    Wagner
  • Options
    rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caligula
    The Great Train Robbers (during heist)
    St Peter
    Scott of the Antarctic
    Lawrence of Arabia
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Florence Nightingale
    Martin Luther King
    Arthur Conan Doyle
    Isaac Newton
    Emmeline Pankhurst - The 10th Doctor mentioned meeting her ...
    Pablo Piscasso
    Jack the Ripper
    Mary, Queen of Scots
    Einstein
    Leonardo da Vinci
    Anne Frank
    Bloody Mary

Nothing will beat Goodnight Sweetheart's encounter with Jack the Ripper :D :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)I know steven hawkings , he isss alive and could appear , i mean he did them ads ax
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Romanovs
    The Brontes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xVictoriax wrote: »
    The Romanovs
    The Brontes

"Tsar Wars" 4th Doc audios has the 'Robatovs', if that counts, with Michael Jayston as the Tsar, Tom Baker as both The Doctor and Father Gregory
  • Options
    mrprossermrprosser Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy741 wrote: »
    Steven Hawking (before the wheelchair :) )

Steven Hawking was diagnosed with MND whilst still studying at university in 1963, he didn't get his doctorate until '66, and was using a wheelchair before 1970, and before he made and published any of his great discoveries.

Although meeting Hawking would be a great idea (maybe the Doctor could let slip the 4 laws of black hole mechanics Hawking theorised)
  • Options
    mrprossermrprosser Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love for them to explore a fictitious dramatisation of the show, within the show

They almost did, well, at least the start. In Remembrance of the Daleks Ace leaves the B&B as the BBC continuity announcer says "This is BBC television, the time is quarter past five and Saturday viewing continues with an adventure in the new science fiction series Doc-"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geoffrey Pyke- inventor of Pykrete.

This could involve a trip to see Winston Churchill again ( maybe the first time for Winston?).

It could also involve the infamous scene where a bunch of top generals and admirals were being told about the substance. They laughed at the idea of building ships out of what was basically ice and sawdust, so Lord Mountbatten- a supporter of the idea- took out his pistol and shot at it. It bounced off and ripped a hole in an admirals clothes, without leaving a mark on the pykrete.
  • Options
    elven62elven62 Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Liking Lincoln and Darwin. Ripe for sciency and timely wimey stuff.

Perhaps maybe add Boudicca, Oliver Cromwell, Attila the Hun for stories in interesting time periods and ambiguous motivations. Maybe Richard III too, topical but also explores the hero or villain thing.

Would love to see Archimedes if only for the Doctor to do a throwaway line about taking a bath.

Also maybe a meeting with Jethro Tull so the Doctor could say something like Solstice Bells is his favourite Christmas song :D

Oh and definitely set up a meeting with a realistic William Wallace if only to wipe out the abomination that was Mel Gibson's Braveheart:rolleyes:
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if he met Lucius Cornelius Sulla:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geoffrey Pyke- inventor of Pykrete.

This could involve a trip to see Winston Churchill again ( maybe the first time for Winston?).

It could also involve the infamous scene where a bunch of top generals and admirals were being told about the substance. They laughed at the idea of building ships out of what was basically ice and sawdust, so Lord Mountbatten- a supporter of the idea- took out his pistol and shot at it. It bounced off and ripped a hole in an admirals clothes, without leaving a mark on the pykrete.

According to one of the official information books, Churchill has known the Doctor since he was five (the Fourth Doctor was chasing Cybermats through Churchill's fifth birthday party. The First Doctor first met Churchill at a much later age to say he appreciated his work).
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avon !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some expert knowledge there Mrfipp.

Another name - Piri Reis. Turkish admiral who drew maps. A particularly famous map looks like it was drawn as if being viewed from space. ( so some claim- others claim not) This would have been in the early 1500s.

Perhaps someone helped him get a better view, so he could draw it?