Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nowahalla wrote: »
    .....and the prize goes to Flora:D:D

'And the answer is….. #3. Praew, pic no. 3,is the only real woman. The other six are all ladyboys.Besides studying at university in Bangkok, Praew also works as a fashion model'
    from the website.....

Blimey well done Flora - i wouldn't have picked her! :eek::D
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    I suppose we should have realised they don't have many red heads in Thailand.

But she is in Thailand. :confused:
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .....and the prize goes to Flora:D:D

'And the answer is….. #3. Praew, pic no. 3,is the only real woman. The other six are all ladyboys.Besides studying at university in Bangkok, Praew also works as a fashion model'
    from the website.....

So pleased :D
    Barracute wrote: »
    Blimey well done Flora - i wouldn't have picked her! :eek::D

• Options
    Forum Member
    So pleased :D

You should demand a fabulous prize, Flora.:D
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    You should demand a fabulous prize, Flora.:D

Just what I was going to say!:)
    C'mon Halla, stump up an appropriate prize!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oooops, evening All,:)

Nothing to report, managed a whole day in Athens without disgracing myself or getting into any linguistic tangles....
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely a small gesture is better than nothing?

Earth hour is not about supplier prices...

I pointed out what I was doing re earth hour, as did Minks and TVQ, most others on here did not....who are you referring to as "liking the attention they get" then? not unreasonable, in my opinion to assume that your rolleyes comment may have been addressed to one of us, no?

Just disappointed to see that an innocuous comment about showing an awareness of earth hour has descended into sarcastic comments and derision......

Minks, i can't keep the cat, himself is allergic....
    I'm fully aware of that.........in fact it was Arte who brought prices into the equation & other FM's were discussing that along with earth hour.

As I pointed out before, not everything is about you, despite your 'suspicion' that it is.......

I'm sure in time you'll get over it.
    TheElf wrote: »
    Good morning everybody.

Still posting on the xbox, for some reason DS looks really cartoon-y. I'm not sure why nothing else does. Oh, well I can pretend I'm a super cool heroine in a Japanese Magical Girl show typing on my super-computer.

Regarding the Earth Hour - the whole thing seems quite counter productive to me.
    It's always done in the evening around the time people are either settling down for the night anyway OR not at home because they're at the pub or whatever.

Also, to my knowledgfe, It's not simultaneous around the globe, is it? Plus it does actually stipulate "non-essential" lights and electrical equipment. What's essential to one household or busniess may not be to another.

I would much prefer the idea if they managed to calculate the global busiest hour in the week for electricity useage, change the "rules" so that ALL electric items are switched off & did it then.

Incidentally I find it quite ironic that the best/easiest way to find out about Earth Hour is via the internet, when for years energy companies have been claiming computers and charging phones etc are the biggest use of power & the reason people's bills are sky high.
    Which is what I originally said......better be careful, you'll be accused of having a jaded negative attitude.

That couldn't be done for various reasons, people on home dialysis, or monitors etc.
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    I can't imagine how you even begin with something liike that - very impressive!

Rupert is totally gorgeous Moots, it can't be easy to keep him warm and out of harms way - if he lived with us OH would have trodden/sat/dropped heavy stuff on him more than once:rolleyes:

Afternoon all - still very cold here but snow is finally thawing in most places. Wind absolutely bitter, I can't remember it being so cold for a long long time.

I saw some of the poor farmers on the news lat night trying to dig out their sheep. Some ewes had lambed under the snow and the lambs had died within minutes of birth, heart breaking for the farmers.

I can't see the pictures of your rescue halla but she sounds adorable. Couldn't you get rid of OH and keep the kitty?;)

Absolutely horrible for all concerned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »

That couldn't be done for various reasons, people on home dialysis, or monitors etc. .

Well, that would sort out the dedicated from the attention seekers. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that would sort out the dedicated from the attention seekers. :D:D:D

HAH!
    :D
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    But she is in Thailand. :-confused:
    Well unless her hair is just dyed otherwise she isn't Thai as they all have black hair don't they?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    afternoon all :) hope we're not too cold.
    minkski wrote: »
    Tragic for the sheep and farmers JoJo :(

So pleased Denners sold off his stock before the winter

Rupert sounds such a cutie Moots :cool:

denners still had some ewes so i really hope they're not struggling with too much snow. it's due to get warmer and not so snowy in the south west first i think, so cross fingers it was shortlived snow down there.

but it's a pretty awful situation, i watched a short clip on the bbc website about it, poor things :( snow is an insulator isn't it? so if you as a person get caught in a snow drift you're meant to dig a snow hole. but i guess it depends on the length of time you or an animal is under there.
  • Options
    minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    doodle doo wrote: »
    afternoon all :) hope we're not too cold.

denners still had some ewes so i really hope they're not struggling with too much snow. it's due to get warmer and not so snowy in the south west first i think, so cross fingers it was shortlived snow down there.

but it's a pretty awful situation, i watched a short clip on the bbc website about it, poor things :( snow is an insulator isn't it? so if you as a person get caught in a snow drift you're meant to dig a snow hole. but i guess it depends on the length of time you or an animal is under there.

Hi doodles, you're right- I'd forgotten he'd got some ewes and pigs in :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well unless her hair is just dyed otherwise she isn't Thai as they all have black hair don't they?
    No. You can be several generations Thai born and bred and still have red hair ( or any "black haired" race) and of course, Thai people come in all colours and backgrounds same as the English. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No. You can be several generations Thai born and bred and still have red hair ( or any "black haired" race) and of course, Thai people come in all colours and backgrounds same as the English. :-)
    I suppose a baby could possibly have red/ginger hair if the correct genes where involved, the black persons genes don't have the ginger genes involved and the ginger trait only comes from people with pale skin so having ginger hair and pale skin in very hot countries would be a very big problem for any children as they can't stand the sun on them.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Oooops, evening All,:)

Nothing to report, managed a whole day in Athens without disgracing myself or getting into any linguistic tangles....

how boring...... :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    how boring...... :p:D

Sorry Barra, I'll try harder next week.....:p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minkski wrote: »
    Hi doodles, you're right- I'd forgotten he'd got some ewes and pigs in :(

oh yes, and the sows. hopefully next time he pops back he'll tell us. but we can hope that with very tiny herds/flocks it's a bit more manageable to keep them nearby and under cover.

it must be especially cold today, my heating isn't really warming the room up very fast. i should have got a rug back in the summer because my thin carpet is on concrete and i can't say the floor is toasty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I suppose a baby could possibly have red/ginger hair if the correct genes where involved, the black persons genes don't have the ginger genes involved and the ginger trait only comes from people with pale skin so having ginger hair and pale skin in very hot countries would be a very big problem for any children as they can't stand the sun on them.

No, it isnt just pale skinned people who have the red gene, it can be other types too, although the it is most common in Scottish people.

The albino gene sometimes shows as red hair, especially in darker people and it can be just hair affected, everywhere but eyes (leucite) just the eyes (ocular) or everywhere and the melanin can either be lacking completely, fully present or anywhere in-between. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Sorry Barra, I'll try harder next week.....:p:p

hey arty :) it took me a while to spot the owls on the pic you posted, and i thought they were real and wondered how you kept them there :D but then you said they weren't and i understood.. until you said their heads move :eek:

hope they've done the trick scaring the birds away :)
  • Options
    TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am such a dizzy elf today.

I got up and put my BlackBerry on charge, sat back down and started scrambling around like a lunatic thinking I had lost it... *facepalm*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    doodle doo wrote: »
    hey arty :) it took me a while to spot the owls on the pic you posted, and i thought they were real and wondered how you kept them there :D but then you said they weren't and i understood.. until you said their heads move :eek:

hope they've done the trick scaring the birds away :)

Certainly, there are a lot less nesting and it is when they fledge and leave the nests that the mites start looking for new hosts.As you can see, the 'curly' roof tiles encourage nests.
    We have concrete floors with marble tiles on top so I sympathise, they are very chilly, they exude chilliness, but are great in hot weather....
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I got up and put my BlackBerry on charge, sat back down and started scrambling around like a lunatic thinking I had lost it... *facepalm*

Sounds like you certainly have lost it :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, it isnt just pale skinned people who have the red gene, it can be other types too, although the it is most common in Scottish people.

The albino gene sometimes shows as red hair, especially in darker people and it can be just hair affected, everywhere but eyes (leucite) just the eyes (ocular) or everywhere and the melanin can either be lacking completely, fully present or anywhere in-between. :-)
    I'm just referring to red hair with black skin, it's probably unknown as it doesn't exist.

Evening Dizzy Elfy.:-)))))))))))))

Don't feel bad, we all have our Dizzy moments, even days.:-))))))))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm just referring to red hair with black skin, it's probably unknown as it doesn't exist.

Evening Dizzy Elfy.:-)))))))))))))

Don't feel bad, we all have our Dizzy moments, even days.:-))))))))

Hicky i have just told you it DOES exist. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aren't grandchildren fantastic, young Sidd walking around with his shopping trolley.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/314982_10200150220372858_2001363728_n.jpg
This discussion has been closed.