Options

If you were the p.m what would you change in u.k

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    keeping pets is cruel and unnecessary.

Priority 1 take away animals from people who love and care for them. now that's a strange idea. Can I ask what you would do with 60 million pets? 'cos I can see no alternative but put them down:eek:
  • Options
    I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd introduce euthanasia for anyone with bad spelling or grammar.
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RickyBarby wrote: »
    So the queen.

Yes , The Queen and Charles too. and all the rest of 'em.
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    MP's will be given a wage equal to national average, and any MP found to be breaking the law shall have that wage paid in vouchers that will exclude alcohol, tobacco and any other material I decide they don't deserve.

The House of Lords shall be abolished.

No newspaper or campaign group shall campaign for a change in law or policy unless they allow articles referring to that campaign be inspected by a fact checking committee.

Any religious affiliation must be declared before the house.

No committee shall be formed composing of MPs without express authorisation and 75% of their number randomly chosen.
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,047
    Forum Member
    1. Simplify the tax system. Close all loopholes, and we could reduce tax rates for all. Tax should not kick in until above the minimum wage. Allow parents looking after pre-school children to transfer their tax allowance to their partner

2. Abolish VED, add the appropriate amount to fuel tax - encourages fuel effeciency without recourse to incentivising poor design (Prius owners - this means you)

3. Reform the benefit system to make work pay. Benefits are not too generous - but you should always be better off working

Each department needs reviewed, appropriate targets put in place, and then left alone for at least 5 years. Changes need to be reviewed with data to see if they worked or not
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    I'd remove religion from the state. So religious schools would not be backed by public funds.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Now many healthy dogs do we kill a year?

A lot more if we banned pets as they would be left to roam free
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RickyBarby wrote: »
    Ban all religion. Tax super rich a lot more ,poor lot less,stop tv tax,limt immigrants ,give poorist he most help,get out of e.u,end the nanny sate,

Provide a basic (minimum standard of living) living wage (benefit) for everyone in this country.
    Reduce the VAT burden on the poor.
    Reduce the motering taxation for people earning 'Living wage.
    Provide health and welfare services to all free of charge with the option/provision for people who want to make a donation to the NHS, Welfare system.
    Encourage all people to contribute to society by doing voluntry work, donating money, donating unwanted possessions.
    Establish a law that every person over 16 must vote. Giving the option to 'tick' a abstain box, and then give a reason for abstaining. This would allow 1 understanding why people don't vote. 2 This would also allow campaining to focus on abstainers.
    I also believe for democracy to be ballanced we should have an equil budget for each party campaining. agreed by Govenment (and other parties) used only for campaining. and paid from a cross party campain fund.
    Also the campaining must focus on what the party is planning and not on attacking the other parties and saying what the other party has done wrong.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd do nothing I promised to do before I was elected then spend my tenure blaming the previous government!

I'd also make sure anyone with the surname Duncan-Smith was stripped of every once of dignity they had and then legislate to make sure anyone with that surname would never qualify for any state help!
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ban media companies from monopolizing the market ( yes Mr Murdoch I mean you )

Cut more ties with Europe but not completely, re patriot as many laws as I can which have been given away by previous PM's.

Introduce tough Immigration laws like Australia and other countries have , close border;s for unskilled workers for five years ..

Cut the oversea's spending budget by half and re direct that money towards education and Health and job creation .

Get rid of ATOS and hire proper medical professional's to assess ESA claims etc
  • Options
    yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey some good ideas there.

I could only see one good idea
  • Options
    MordirithMordirith Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would become king of the world then make everyone on the planet drink the Kool-aid.
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    I pay every person in work the same wage no meater what job they do. Working week be 30 hours.a week with 7 weeks hoilday,with ten day bank hoildays on top.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mordirith wrote: »
    I would become king of the world then make everyone on the planet drink the Kool-aid.

Oh YEAH!
  • Options
    John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would also like to abolish 4x4's except for people who live in area's that require them. (farms, middle of nowhere)

And how would that work?

There is probably only a few hundred houses in the uk that are not accessible from a normal car.

Then what about those people who's jobs involve access to areas with 4x4's? Infrastructure, telecoms, utilities etc etc....

What about those that live in areas affected by snow for several weeks (or currently months) each year?

Isn't the anti 4x4 stuff a bit old hat now?

There a plenty of cars that are not 4wd that are bigger and more harmful to the environment that 4x4's but are not singled out by groups to eradicate them.

A good pm would implement things for the greater good, not for their own personal agenda......
  • Options
    djpalmer93djpalmer93 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    There are probably a lot of things that could be done, but the ones that come to mind are:

- Getting rid of the Rothschild controlled central bank and issue interest-free money based on gold reserves to replace the need for taxes.

- Introduce alternative medicine as an equally available option on the NHS.

- Make the minimum wage at least double what it is now and reduce the pay of those at the top of large organisations.

- Phase out the royal family.

- Investigate the main people in government and the royal family for pedophile offences.

- Introduce rehabilitation instead of just prison for criminals.

- Remove laws restricting drugs and alcohol.
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i would ban smoking and drinking. it upsets me to think we are put on this planet all clean and as we get older we tarnish our bodies with these disgusting toxic materials.

i'd tax the rich more. i'd enforce that everyone was linked up to a pension from thier pay packet - oh and i'd also do a monthly mandatory charity donation to a UK charity.

i would stop all overseas aid and make sure all children in the Uk were well fed and clothed properly.

i'd demolish all the highrise flats that are souless and impractical to live in.

i'd make it essential to opt out of organ donation.

i'd have the dvla going round council estates taking all untaxed/uninsured cars off the roads.

these are the main things i'd do that have sprung to mind:D
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    asp746 wrote: »
    i would ban smoking and drinking. it upsets me to think we are put on this planet all clean and as we get older we tarnish our bodies with these disgusting toxic materials.

i'd tax the rich more. i'd enforce that everyone was linked up to a pension from thier pay packet - oh and i'd also do a monthly mandatory charity donation to a UK charity.

i would stop all overseas aid and make sure all children in the Uk were well fed and clothed properly.

i'd demolish all the highrise flats that are souless and impractical to live in.

i'd have the dvla going round council estates taking all untaxed/uninsured cars off the roads.

You make people give to charity why,?
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Make cognitive bias mitigation part of the national curriculum.
  • Options
    SkycladSkyclad Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would
    1. ban Domestic Pets
    2. Reduce the welfare bill
    3. Reduce the number of civil servants
    4. Privatise the NHS
    5. Abolish all foreign aid
    6. Dissolve the armed forces
    7. Reduce income tax to a flat 5% across the board
    8. Simplify the tax system
    9. Abolish the TV License.
    10. Reform Parliament
    11. Reduce the working week to 4 days.
    12. Reform any law that gave privilege to a gender, race, religion or sexuality.

Just for starters
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since I'm a teetotaller I would have an alcohol ban, for the sake of it just to see how the country would react. :cool:
  • Options
    SoupbowlSoupbowl Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    Since I'm a teetotaller I would have an alcohol ban, for the sake of it just to see how the country would react. :cool:

America experimented with this in the 1920's. Didnt go too well.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,419
    Forum Member
    If you were the p.m what would you change in u.k

My first two moves would be to cooperate with other European Union leaders to go after scumbag individual and corporate tax avoiders and evaders at a national and EU level. This will bring in billions of bounds of lost revenue at a time of need.

The other priority would be to work with the Confederation of British Industry and British Chambers of Commerce to work on an economic stimulus package that would improve infrastructure, improve business loan availability and mean that more affordable and social housing got built.
  • Options
    SkycladSkyclad Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soupbowl wrote: »
    America experimented with this in the 1920's. Didnt go too well.

Iceland did it in 1915 without too much fuss.
  • Options
    yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »

Skyclad wrote: »
    I would
    1. ban Domestic Pets
    2. Reduce the welfare bill
    3. Reduce the number of civil servants
    4. Privatise the NHS
    5. Abolish all foreign aid
    6. Dissolve the armed forces
    7. Reduce income tax to a flat 5% across the board
    8. Simplify the tax system
    9. Abolish the TV License.
    10. Reform Parliament
    11. Reduce the working week to 4 days.
    12. Reform any law that gave privilege to a gender, race, religion or sexuality.

Just for starters

It all sounds delightful