Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People don't do it often but I have just realised how much I hate complete strangers calling me darlin' or dear etc. Really annoys me !
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really, really annoyed that I can't get my head around why the banks and bankers have been allowed to get away with bringing down the economy. I know that there must be a reason but it bugs me that I don't understand why.
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    People who start a conversation on the bus just as they are about to get off. You're waiting for the bus and when it comes you try to be courteous and let them off, but they feel that its OK to make you wait outside in the cold or rain and start a conservation with the driver or some other passenger whilst standing in the isle.

Also those people who invade your space whilst you are trying to pack your grocery and then pay for it using your credit card and putting in your pin number. Patients is a virtue.
  • Options
    Hildas HairnetHildas Hairnet Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    I think you'll find they say "jab" not "jag". I say jab instead of injection - everybody does.

They say the word JAG instead of JAB :confused: weirdos
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,048
    Forum Member
    They say the word JAG instead of JAB :confused: weirdos

Or Scottish/in Scotland - I had jags when I was wee

The phrase "In my personal opinion" - whose opinion are you going to offer?
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watcher #1 wrote: »
    Or Scottish/in Scotland - I had jags when I was wee

The phrase "In my personal opinion" - whose opinion are you going to offer?

Or In my *humble * opinion. In my experience, the people who say this are rarely humble at all.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kania wrote: »
    Probably already been mentioned a number of times but some of mine are:-

People who don't wait for passengers to disembark the train or bus, before getting on. I was getting off a bus recently and this old woman went to get on, but she was that fragile she had to put both hands out to help herself get on the bus, thus, blocking me from getting off.

Groups of people who stand nattering in the middle of a path or at entrances blocking everyone from getting past.

People behind you who start loading their shopping on the conveyor belt before you've finished. I was doing a big shop once and had only half loaded my shopping when a guy starts putting his stuff on, leaving me with little space to put the rest of my shopping on.

This annoys me on the school run, there's one particular parent that stands chatting blocking the pavement but expects everyone to move aside because she has a pushchair.
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,048
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Or In my *humble * opinion. In my experience, the people who say this are rarely humble at all.

It's up there with "With respect", "I don't mean to be rude", and "I'll think you'll find" as sentence beginnings that mark the speaker out as a bell end
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't smoke and for those who do I have no problem with untill they throw the end bit still burning out of their car window. Some seem to aiming the thing at pedestrians even those pushing a pram/pushchair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argh can't believe I didn't think of that before, that's probably my ultimate pet hate!!

Well, that and people cutting corners when they're turning right - there is a line in the middle of the road, cars might be coming the other way, so it won't cost you any time to drive another 2ft forward before turning :rolleyes:

Or bits of jam if someone's put butter and jam on one piece of toast then decided to have another one and reused the knife!

Yes and then they give me a look because i'm waiting close to the line !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    I think you'll find they say "jab" not "jag". I say jab instead of injection - everybody does.

Nope. 'Jag' is a Scottish colloquialism. I find it much less annoying than 'jab', but I'd just prefer vaccination, innoculation or even injection.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes and then they give me a look because i'm waiting close to the line !

On a related note - people who poke the front of their car out over the stop line, as if they are 'bullying' their way out. Any thought of letting them go evaporates instantly, and I carefully turn across their nose, making is claear that they are in the way.

Likewise, those who constantly edge forward at red lights. Just stop and put the handbrake on, will you?
    And (I know this has been mentioned before) those who keep their foot on the brake at traffic lights. They obviously have no idea just how bright modern brake lights are, especially at night.

Low lifes who think it's OK to put their stuff in our bins. We keep our bins clean, dry and relatively smell-free, but it only takes one selfish, inconsiderate neighbour to ruin it all.
    Just the other day I found about a dozen cider bottles had been dumped in our glass bin. It wouldn't have been a problem (apart from the blimmin' cheek) if he had washed them out, but there was a pong like a brewery when I opened the lid, and the bottom of the bin was covered in a sticky slime.
    One day I'll find out who it is.....
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    On a related note - people who poke the front of their car out over the stop line, as if they are 'bullying' their way out. Any thought of letting them go evaporates instantly, and I carefully turn across their nose, making is claear that they are in the way.

Likewise, those who constantly edge forward at red lights. Just stop and put the handbrake on, will you?
    And (I know this has been mentioned before) those who keep their foot on the brake at traffic lights. They obviously have no idea just how bright modern brake lights are, especially at night.

Low lifes who think it's OK to put their stuff in our bins. We keep our bins clean, dry and relatively smell-free, but it only takes one selfish, inconsiderate neighbour to ruin it all.
    Just the other day I found about a dozen cider bottles had been dumped in our glass bin. It wouldn't have been a problem (apart from the blimmin' cheek) if he had washed them out, but there was a pong like a brewery when I opened the lid, and the bottom of the bin was covered in a sticky slime.
    One day I'll find out who it is.....

Sorry.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One my ex wife's pet hates was people trying to push themselves in at junctions. She used to do the same and say, 'I don't give way to push-ins.' as she drove around the nose of the bull bars of their black 4x4 brat carrier.
  • Options
    purplelinuspurplelinus Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    I am really, really annoyed that I can't get my head around why the banks and bankers have been allowed to get away with bringing down the economy. I know that there must be a reason but it bugs me that I don't understand why.

I spitting feathers that my bank now only refund charges once in the life time of the account rather than once a year!
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Painted wallpaper!

Been trying to peel wall paper off walls now for several days, at least 5 layers of paint since it was originally put up (from the pattern I would say late 60s), coming off in small bits!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Painted wallpaper sets like rock after a few years. We got ourselves a steamer, and it's the best thing we've ever bought! After a good steaming, the stuff comes off in great sheets!
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Painted wallpaper sets like rock after a few years. We got ourselves a steamer, and it's the best thing we've ever bought! After a good steaming, the stuff comes off in great sheets!

Tried that, the last two coats appear to be vinyl paint and are resisting the steam. Its still coming off in small bits just wet and hot small bits! Thats with scorring the paper too!
  • Options
    riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    This annoys me on the school run, there's one particular parent that stands chatting blocking the pavement but expects everyone to move aside because she has a pushchair.

Or 2 mums who stand in the middle of the aisle with their kids in buggies at 45 degrees, blocking the whole aisle, and who harumph when you ask them to move, or say "Patience, patience". Apparently the rest of world doesn't exist, or isn't as important as who's zooming who or what the latest gossip is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Food service workers who can't get my ****ing order right even when I'm the only customer in there. How hard is it, honestly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    One my ex wife's pet hates was people trying to push themselves in at junctions. She used to do the same and say, 'I don't give way to push-ins.' as she drove around the nose of the bull bars of their black 4x4 brat carrier.

I hate that, when 2 lanes merge into one you get the cheeky beggars that zoom ahead and expect to be let in.
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Young children's parents who say "Let the little boy through" to their child. I know they don't mean to call me little boy but I am 13, not 6.
    Also, when I was in year 6, I had a nightmare with the door that lead to the classroom as it was so heavy it was impossible to open it.
    Also, people at my school who think that they can just push and shove people to get through the door out of our school. It is really narow and 1000 people leaving at the same time is impossible. The school has to come out with another exit as you can't go out through Reception unless you went to the library at the normal exit is closed/locked.
  • Options
    TozzieTozzie Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Radio12 wrote: »
    Crap drivers on motorways

Well I don't consider myself a crap driver but I do crap myself when on motorways so I avoid them wherever possible :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I get annoyed by people who don't walk down escalators when there is nobody in front of them. Drives me nuts
  • Options
    riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    Hysterical overprotective parents - we have one parent who walks their 10 year old to their desk at school, every morning. There's nothing wrong with the kid, but the parent is obsessed that their kid will be abused if let go at the school gate. By all accounts, the poor kid is really embarassed.

I had a bizarre experience with another set of parents on a bus in Menorca. The bus from one end of the island (Ciutadella, where the ferries come in) to Mahon, the capital, is always packed. I and my partner couldn't sit together, but I took a seat near the rear door, and a bloke leaned over and said "Sorry mate, you can't sit there". I got up, thinking the seat belonged to someone else, but it transpired that the man "didn't want some strange bloke sitting next to his 9 year old daughter". I suggested that I swap with him and he said, incredibly, "No, I want to sit next to my wife, and my daughter wants to sit in front". Given the fact people were already standing and I wasn't about to go off and search for someone acceptable to the hysterical parents to sit next to their offspring, I stuck where I was, and had to put up with him being abusive and calling me a 'pedalo' (sp.) - frankly, utterly pathetic, and probably more damaging to the poor child than anything else.
This discussion has been closed.