Options

Big Brother's Little Court

Comments

• Options
    HappyTreeHappyTree Posts: 4,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sex is neither here nor there, really, apart from Josie making explicit comments in that regard. If she'd never claimed anything sexual then they could still have been in just as close a relationship as anyone's has ever been, with the proviso that love be involved.

But it wasn't, nor anything even vaguely approximating it. There was no meeting of minds, no spiritual connection, no magic, no spark, no intimate sharing of hopes and fears. And now we know it wasn't even a lusty infatuation.

It was a mutual arrangement of financial convenience. A scam, in other words. Oh, it's not the most despicable thing in the world and there were plenty of fake couples from BB before them. The only thing that makes it appear so awful is the vehemence of the denials from those who believe(d) it to be true.

Oh, and the sheer, transparent fame-whoring of Josie who would "eat her children" if it meant getting some attention. You do have to feel sorry for her, in the end. Until she brings out her own over-sized violin, then it's ok...see ya!
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    I've never thought they were a couple in the romantic relationship sense of the word - a pragmatic coupling for 'last ever' BB promotion and deals, but that was about it. I think we know more now about the way things are controlled and driven from behind the scenes and the situation then was the need to market the brand as as still current and a format that could get the forums humming and people watching, talking, phoning and voting - and it certainly did all that.

There were times when I would have questioned that they even liked each other. Whatever they gave each other in terms of moral support in the house, even that wasn't enough. JJ, in particular, needed support from other people and when his current prop was either evicted or walked, another was airlifted in. I don't think it was a coincidence that JJII arrived just 3 days after Keeva had left - and even then the various BB's were coming up with even more ingenious ways to avoid being 'it' when he pressed the diary room button. I always thought he stayed in the house in spite of Josie, not because of her.

Why he let himself be fandangled into that situation is another question.

I agree with you here and personally I don't think he ever should have gone into the BB house - he was still very vulnerable from the death of his father - and if I can be blunt, I don't think he was as worldly wise as the other housemates. He lives in a town which is quite a distance from Melbourne (about 50 miles I think).

I think someone did a very good selling job on him. I also think he thought he and Josie were very good friends. He didn't need the money from all the magazine shoots either - if I remember correctly he didn't take any of the money from the various magazine shoots etc. I also think back that everything with Josie was fine while his mother and friends were in the UK and then it collapsed once they left and he didn't have anyone who he really knew and trusted. I guess John is one of those people who need a very strong network of support around him. His 'loys'.

I wonder though, how things are changing for him as more and more of the 'Loys' get into relationships.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    I agree with you here and personally I don't think he ever should have gone into the BB house - he was still very vulnerable from the death of his father - and if I can be blunt, I don't think he was as worldly wise as the other housemates. He lives in a town which is quite a distance from Melbourne (about 50 miles I think).

I think someone did a very good selling job on him. I also think he thought he and Josie were very good friends. He didn't need the money from all the magazine shoots either - if I remember correctly he didn't take any of the money from the various magazine shoots etc. I also think back that everything with Josie was fine while his mother and friends were in the UK and then it collapsed once they left and he didn't have anyone who he really knew and trusted. I guess John is one of those people who need a very strong network of support around him. His 'loys'.

I wonder though, how things are changing for him as more and more of the 'Loys' get into relationships.
    Interesting points, about his friends and family etc. I agree, I don't think he was mentally ready to go into BB either.

Re bib - we really don't know that John isn't in a relationship himself, so we can't assume that he's some lonely singleton watching all his mates pair off :D

Reading the above, it must have been hard being here for so long effectively alone, and JJ's friendship must have been a godsend - he's proven his loyalty time and again, it's good that they are still friends. It's interesting that, of the JJJ pairing, he's the one who lives so far away and yet he's also the one who's retained friendships/contact with some of his fellow housemates - he obviously values friendship highly.

I agree that he seems quite small-town, as my mother would put it, for all his travelling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today there are interviews with Josie about her self-esteem, her break with Luke, etc.etc. and there's also this :D

http://new-magazine.co.uk/latestnews/view/51190/Josie-Gibson-Luke-and-I-are-back-on-/

all about Josie and Luke being back together lol. Confused.... you will be :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makes me laugh how some people are so sanctimonious. Send any kind of negative tweet to Josie, or even a nasty one, and her supporters become so angry and defensive. However, they love it when somebody does the same to John, and think it's hysterical and witty, slapping the back of whoever's doing it.

It's an odd world lol.
  • Options
    Haggis&ChipsHaggis&Chips Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Today there are interviews with Josie about her self-esteem, her break with Luke, etc.etc. and there's also this :D

http://new-magazine.co.uk/latestnews/view/51190/Josie-Gibson-Luke-and-I-are-back-on-/

First BIB - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Second BIB - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

And this:

http://twitpic.com/covfz1

Notice how she's pouting away at the Closer photographer in the same outfit she was 'papped' in on her 'date' with the Dough Boy!! :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And this:

Notice how she's pouting away at the Closer photographer in the same outfit she was 'papped' in on her 'date' with the Dough Boy!! :D:D

Hahaha..is all I can manage now too. I notice the pics of her and Luke together, in the link for newmag that muggins put up, are from another time..she must not have had any taken of the two of them on this holiday "romance".
  • Options
    FrillynixFrillynix Posts: 6,497
    Forum Member

Jaaaaysus H Chroist :D:D:D:D:D

Is that "Duelling Banjos" I hear in the backgound

Lukeyboy just ooozes PPP (piss poor protoplasm):eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member

And this:

bleeeeeeeeeugh who is that greasy haired person in the foreground:eek:

ooooooo and is it just me or has Josie started to put on the pounds again (looks a lot more filled out in that photo)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Makes me laugh how some people are so sanctimonious. Send any kind of negative tweet to Josie, or even a nasty one, and her supporters become so angry and defensive. However, they love it when somebody does the same to John, and think it's hysterical and witty, slapping the back of whoever's doing it.

It's an odd world lol.

Its quite normal behaviour in Munter Mansions (headquarters of the Muckers)
  • Options
    fjiffjif Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In this link, the piece opens with 'SHE'S feeling happier than ever'.

And this:

Yet in this link the headline is 'I've got everything going for me but I'm still not happy'.

With such conflicting comments I can only presume that she must have so little regard for her fans that she believes she doesn't even need to approximate any sort of truth.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, she has low self esteem* and never feels happy, although she is now happier than ever.

She is a new singleton and playing the TOWIE PR market, but is back with Luke.

Is that about it?

(* any alarm bells ringing there, Mr New Booby-man?)
  • Options
    NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »

Why he let himself be fandangled into that situation is another question.

I've always thought, that is the most interesting question of all, from a psychological interest perspective.
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Kabira wrote: »
    I think they both lied and faked it.They had a friendship and saw a way to make money from it.
    They both might not have realised at the time how involved it would be and how much scrutiny they would be under.

He is a liar but I don't think he is a liar on the same scale as Josie.I think lying in the mags and especially to fans caused John james some pain.
    ( I am not a fan of his and never have been so I am not sticking up for him)

Josie couldn't care less and she went on to milk it for every penny she could get even when she had the next one living with her.

Luke was her new topic for the mags and still is,not that many people are interested in him.

I think this is true....... I think John differentiated between playing jokes and tricks on people, when he would gloss over the truth, and knowing that in a serious situation most people tend to be truthful, whereas Josie doesnt seem to know the difference or meaning, between truth and lies....

And as for Josie and Luke.......cry wolf springs to mind....did they ever actually break up in the first place? Or was that just a story....:confused:
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosaer wrote: »
    I've always thought, that is the most interesting question of all, from a psychological interest perspective.

Well said. I agree and think it's what fascinates me most about the entire thing. The obvious answer is that he wanted to be famous and his painted-on abs carry-on would support this theory. He had tried out for BB Australia more than once, as I recall. What a dubious way to chase fame, though.

I'd imagine Josie can be quite persuasive, but it's an awful pity there isn't a log of those mics off conversations anywhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh please! Guess this 'exclusive' paid really well. Did they ever split at all?
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said. I agree and think it's what fascinates me most about the entire thing. The obvious answer is that he wanted to be famous and his painted-on abs carry-on would support this theory. He had tried out for BB Australia more than once, as I recall. What a dubious way to chase fame, though.

I'd imagine Josie can be quite persuasive, but it's an awful pity there isn't a log of those mics off conversations anywhere.

I just wonder how much the storyline was driven by the Producers and staff behind the scenes.

It was apparent that visitors to the house on a day trip (like Andrew Stone) and the new incoming HM's were spilling the beans left, right and centre.

Which came first - the storyline or the storylining :cool: ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Frillynix wrote: »
    Jaaaaysus H Chroist :D:D:D:D:D

Is that "Duelling Banjos" I hear in the backgound

Lukeyboy just ooozes PPP (piss poor protoplasm):eek:

That PIC!

Not sure if Luke is merely sneering or is smelling the shit he and her are touting. hahahahaha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I'm not really sure what to think of john's tweet about giving up sex from August 2010 but I think it might be slightly unrealistic. There are several reasons why I think this. Firstly, in the interview (in September) with Emma Willis Josie said 'well hes just like my mate aint he?' to which John replied 'she said before your like my mate, that I have sex with' so clearly they were having a pyshical relationship in the inital stages and Josies reaction was too natural for it too be fake imo. Secondly, during the Samuel Dean interview (in September or October I believe, someone correct me if Im wrong) John and Josie were talking about the JLS condoms and Josie replied 'yeah we had them', Samuel Dean then went on to say, 'which one did john james c*m in?', to which he replied confidently 'ashton'. Even in Portgual in their first show after the bull fight Josie said 'our first date was to a bullfight... didnt like it..lets just go back to the hotel room', to which they both looked at each in a fairly suggestive and excited way. I think you all know where I'm going with this. I really don't think John would go along with a completely fake relationship. His morlas are too strong . I think their relationship was real (and pyshical), up until december-ish and then John felt like he had to come back to the UK after christmas to finish contracts etc/ film the tv show, but realised that it wasnt what he wanted and he walked out of the situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sueloujo wrote: »
    Hahaha..is all I can manage now too. I notice the pics of her and Luke together, in the link for newmag that muggins put up, are from another time..she must not have had any taken of the two of them on this holiday "romance".

I noticed that too! As for the picture in Closer - think she should give her lips a break from all that plumping. IMO they look terrible!
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really sure what to think of john's tweet about giving up sex from August 2010 but I think it might be slightly unrealistic. There are several reasons why I think this. Firstly, in the interview (in September) with Emma Willis Josie said 'well hes just like my mate aint he?' to which John replied 'she said before your like my mate, that I have sex with' so clearly they were having a pyshical relationship in the inital stages and Josies reaction was too natural for it too be fake imo. Secondly, during the Samuel Dean interview (in September or October I believe, someone correct me if Im wrong) John and Josie were talking about the JLS condoms and Josie replied 'yeah we had them', Samuel Dean then went on to say, 'which one did john james c*m in?', to which he replied confidently 'ashton'. Even in Portgual in their first show after the bull fight Josie said 'our first date was to a bullfight... didnt like it..lets just go back to the hotel room', to which they both looked at each in a fairly suggestive and excited way. I think you all know where I'm going with this. I really don't think John would go along with a completely fake relationship. His morlas are too strong . I think their relationship was real (and pyshical), up until december-ish and then John felt like he had to come back to the UK after christmas to finish contracts etc/ film the tv show, but realised that it wasnt what he wanted and he walked out of the situation.

Or perhaps they were both lying just to perpetuate the illusion. I always had the feeling that he was slightly cringing whenever she touched him. It didn't look like a real relationship to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fjif wrote: »
    In this link, the piece opens with 'SHE'S feeling happier than ever'.

Yet in this link the headline is 'I've got everything going for me but I'm still not happy'.

With such conflicting comments I can only presume that she must have so little regard for her fans that she believes she doesn't even need to approximate any sort of truth.

How about the headline after the Ghana trip?? "I will never moan about my life again!!"
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    @xx_Egg

@josiestweet fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me

Josie Gibson ‏@Josiestweet

@xx_Egg I couldn't care less what u think tbh. Fooook off then.

@xx_Egg

@Josiestweet or the rest of the people who have supported you for 3 yrs obviously and back at ya

Josie Gibson ‏@Josiestweet

@xx_Egg support, more like chat rubbish about you all the time criticising everything you do. Take a look at your own life!

@xx_Egg

@Josiestweet as i very rarely tweet you josie how can you possibly know what i chat about but has always been in support #foolthatiam

What a shame, im glad these tweets have been deleted...it took me a while to realise who these were sent to... i just saw the egg part of it...:(

When she has been such a vocal supporter of Josie on this thread in particular and taken quite a bit of teasing...for it...:(..

what a foot in mouth situation....
  • Options
    Elle_DeeElle_Dee Posts: 319
    Forum Member

I know of someone who would have the perfect response to this weeks mag articles. They would probably say "you wouldn't read about it" the definition of which is 'an expression of dismay, disgust and disbelief'

Sums it up perfectly imo ;)
  • Options
    circle gamecircle game Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree with these points and also, in those early interviews - with emma, and also on some chat show on Channel 5 I remember, they seemed to touch/flirt very naturally. In the house it could look as if he was recoiling at times (although I think there were reasons other than revulsion for this).