• Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treat people as individuals

1. You must treat people as individuals and respect their dignity
    2. You must not discriminate in any way against those in your care
    3. You must treat people kindly and considerately
    4. You must act as an advocate for those in your care, helping them to access relevant health and social care, information and support

Bit in bold. This is a direct quote from NMC codes and standards.

Yes codes and standards that can be and have been interpreted as befits the situation.

A colleague refused to participate in the treatment of a habitual sex offender and nothing happened to her.
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Dr. Claw wrote: »

Doesn't look like he's dressed like a Muslim to me.
  • Options
    mebiscuitmebiscuit Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I perused this thread thinking it was to do with the attack in London!
    Apparently not as it seems!
  • Options
    Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny, I've never heard of this kind of attack being labelled as a "suspected terrorist attack" until today.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very shocking footage on ITV news. One of the killers approaching and talking to someone filming it, his hands are literally drenched with blood. It looks like he is wearing red gloves.
  • Options
    TheBillyTheBilly Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Anyone see that on ITV news? :eek:
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    If a serving soldier isn't safe in the middle of the day,a short distance away from an army barracks in London,then no one is safe, apart from muslims of course.
    Glad I don't live there, it will only get worse.
  • Options
    dawnrayddawnrayd Posts: 6,746
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    or better still, between the legs.

..... and then the head. He would be rocking up to his heaven to meet his 72 virgins without the proper equipment.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,149
    Forum Member
    proviso wrote: »
    It's tragic this man has been killed, especially in such an awful manner, but people are murdered every day. Just because the motives of the murderers were religion or politics rather than money or love or any of the usual ones, doesn't make this some sort of national emergency.

The reaction to 'terrorism' is always irrational. The chances of being the victim of a terror attack are almost zero. Worry about getting hit by a car, or having a heart attack. Terrorism poses no threat to you or your family. The only effect it will ever have on your life is through the irrational and hysterical reactions of others who insist we change our way of life in response to these attacks.

Urr try telling that to the victim's family
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exclusive: Man with bloodied hands at Woolwich scene

ITV News has obtained footage of a man with bloodied hands and carrying knives speaking into a camera in Woolwich.

He made a series of political statements.

"We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you," he said.
    http://www.itv.com/news/
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hyena wrote: »
    These people are filth.

They should be tortured until they reveal their entire network of contacts.

I was just wondering about that. Is there any situation where torture becomes justified ? I believe there is, providing there is a reasonable expectation that it could save lives.
    Of course, some will argue that it never works. But I'm not so sure, it's more than likely that we wouldn't know about the success or otherwise of any extreme forms of interrogation anyway.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Ah calling me a liar, yes I'm a nurse but unlike you I have morals and I have no compassion for terrorist scum.

If you feel the need to be the terrorists official DS apologist then so be it but don't waste my time anymore.

I wasn't, no. I have morals and compassion both. Yourself? Well, your posts say you don't.

I'm nobody's apologist, love, I'm simply pointing out that a nurse doesn't get to decide who they treat. They do their job. The one they are paid to do.

Great attempt at playing the victim and casting aspersions though, well done!
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the ITV news footage, with the alleged killers still milling around the crime scene, several WOMEN went to tend to the victim while onlookers stood way back.
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Like I said, ridiculous.

No take them to hospital and feed them chicken soup, you never know the NHS nurses might be made to sing them a lullaby.

That might make you happy.:)
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LFCKEV71 wrote: »
    Is it a racist murder or a terrorist murder?

If it's politically or ideologically motivated then it's a terrorist attack.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,149
    Forum Member
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    seeng it on tv, now. "you people will never be safe" he says. "sorry that women with kids had to see this" what a guy. he's carrying both a large knife and a meat cleaver

what accent did he have?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    Cobra? Thats highly unlikely.

I was unaware of the new development. But I am not sure what Cobra will achieve.
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could have easily shot him in his leg.

Jesus..................the whole point of shooting suspected suicide bombers in the head AND NOT THE LEG is to kill them instantly, before they can detonate their bomb. The idea is to kill straight away, not incapacitate.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    Very shocking footage on ITV news. One of the killers approaching and talking to someone filming it, his hands are literally drenched with blood. It looks like he is wearing red gloves.

he has an english accent
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could be treating criminals everyday and would not know it.

Yes I do, but the thought of treating rapists, sex offenders, terrorists and child murders makes my blood run cold, if I cannot provide the standard of care because I have issues with what they have done then its best to step away.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It took 20 minutes for the police to arrive. If this was the USA, any cop could have shot them.

As someone who watches quite a bit of the Crime and Investigation channel, I'd say that in the UK, a 16 year old girl couldn't use the family rifle to shoot dead her own parents because they didn't approve of her boyfriend. Life is no more dangerous in the UK than it is in the US.

Nor could guns have saved the poor victims of a natural disaster in the US just a few days ago - big tornados being something the UK doesn't get thankfully.
  • Options
    jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NRG wrote: »
    I don't believe so. That being the case, if what you're saying is true, then that be as a result of incompetent officers than anything else. For example, all officers are armed in NI and there have been zero instances were police have shot dead another person over recent years, and there's every god's amount of criminals/terrorists up to no good.
    USA is the prime example. Most shootings of officers are from mis-shootings by other officers.

This case is also a major example of what happens when guns are let loose, even with authorised police officers.

Andrea Rebello was shot dead by a police officer when under direct threat of being killed herself.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheBilly wrote: »

Just saw it and I'm gobsmacked. The poor young man, just minding his business on a seemingly normal day and sadistically murdered in broad daylight and so publicly. Just utterly tragic and my thoughts are with his family.
  • Options
    drykiddrykid Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheBilly wrote: »
    Yeah, very disturbing. Although I wouldn't say he looked muslim, as the BBC were claiming.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Exclusive: Man with bloodied hands at Woolwich scene

ITV News has obtained footage of a man with bloodied hands and carrying knives speaking into a camera in Woolwich.

He made a series of political statements.

"We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you," he said.
    http://www.itv.com/news/

Yes that's a bit of a giveaway about the circumstances isn't it!
This discussion has been closed.