Forum Member
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    I think "full" is a little OTT ?

More than anywhere else in England.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny, I've never heard of this kind of attack being labelled as a "suspected terrorist attack" until today.

What kind if attacks are you talking about? I've never known of a comparable attack in the UK before.
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    I cannot see how it is possible to stop such an attack. These weapons are freely available.

They can (and probably will) raise the threat level at all forces establishments.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now I'm not playing the victim ,but if I was near on on the scene I'd do whatever I could to try to help him but given the severity of his injuries that would be a futile effort but nonetheless id do what ever I could.

I can understand what you're saying. When you deal with the worst of life on a daily basis, you just get on with it when you're involved, but seeing something like this makes your blood boil, and you can let off steam away from it like anyone else.

In my job, I saw the worst, but always dealt with people as I had to, but away from it, there were plenty I wished untold hell to befall them.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    Yes the risk to any person from being affected by tourism is low, but that's not a reason to ignore it. There is little chance of being attacked by a dangerous dog, but that's not a reason to try and take sensible precautions to stop these attacks from happening.

As I posted upthread, you're more likely to be killed in London traffic on a bike than by a terrorist. It's not a realistic risk to the general public by any means.
  • Options
    dawnrayddawnrayd Posts: 6,746
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    He made a series of political statements.

"We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you," he said.
    http://www.itv.com/news/

And I fully believe him. These people are motivated by a horrific hate-filled ideology wrapped up as a religion, and their violent and medieval "holy" book gives them very clear instructions on the treatment of infidels. They are getting bolder and more prolific by the year, and I can't see things getting better for a very long time, possibly not until religion itself is consigned to the history books. :(
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    No it isn't.

you're right, its most of london not just the south
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    I wondered how long Islam would be blamed.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Not if that was the motive.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Caldari wrote: »
    There are numerous reports of them shouting "Allahu Akbar" before butchering this guy, I'd say that that makes it more than likely that they were Muslims, wouldn't you?

Actually, it was Nick Robinson who said that. Someone posted earlier that those who witnessed the attack then tweeted that they never said such thing.
    A bit of media embellishment - always treat it with a pinch of salt.
  • Options
    FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The police should have shot dead those 2 b'stards. Now we are going to have more public money wasted on their medical treatment, a possible murder trial and then their imprisonment. Sometimes a 'Dirty Harry' approach is more expedient.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The footage of that guy is the most bizarre thing. He's just stood there as if taking part in a debate with someone with the knifes in his hand while some old lady pushes her trolly behind him oblivious to what's going on. And what's more bonkers is someone is stood there calmly filming him!!!
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahahha. You can't make this up. So if they had guns, everyone would be totally fooked.

And if the US public didn't own guns, 16 year old girls couldn't murder their parents with riffles.
  • Options
    drykiddrykid Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LiveLeak says they were Somalians. No idea what the basis for that is.
  • Options
    AdamClelandAdamCleland Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Half of Nigeria is Muslim, that could be his heritage.

Most black people in Woolwich are of Nigerian nationality or heritage. Though I have seen Somalians kick the shit out of each other outside KFC..

Source: Lived here for 4 years.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,062
    Forum Member

Absolutely ridiculous.

Well it appears to be an Islamic motivated attack judging by what one of the killers was saying
  • Options
    WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? It might have been a religiously-motivated attack.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cultureman wrote: »
    It does if there is a real danger of tit for tat escalation on that basis.

If right wing extremists kill some muslims in some other part of London in retaliation ....... a national emergency then?

No, of course it wouldn't be. There's almost no risk of some sort of 'tit for tat' civil war that you might think would be very exciting but isn't going to happen.

If we spent half the money we do on fighting terrorism on improving road safety, getting people more fit and healthy or whatever, we'd save thousands more lives. The cost would be a few more amateur terrorist attacks where a handful of people would be killed.

Even 9/11 - which killed 3000 people, is a totally insignificant event in the grand scheme of things. Think of all the people whose lives are ended early by pollution. Think of all the needless deaths on the roads. Think of the people murdered every day in their own homes by their family members. Boring, every day events, all of which pose a very real risk to you and the people you care about. Terror attacks, you're irrational for even worrying about them for one second. It i virtually certain they will not happen to you. You probably will be killed by a disease or in some sort of accident. Now ask yourself, if saving lives is what counts, why are we discussing this instead of obesity? The answer is because its boring, it doesn't excite people. But that's because people are irrational. They don't know what's good for them.
  • Options
    LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My heart aches for that poor lads mum and family.

Like all of us they could have been witnessing this online or on tv.

To see their sons killer with his blood on his hands calmly talk to bystanders just sickens me.
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Probably happening already

David Icke forums have some posters saying it is obviously a false flag op by the powers that be
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Absolutely ridiculous.
    Maybe because followers of Islam actually were behind this attack?

What's ridiculous is trying to deny what is rapidly beginning to look like the reality of the situation.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    hyena wrote: »
    These people are filth.

They should be tortured until they reveal their entire network of contacts.

Or, just go onto their Facebook page. :confused:

Need to think outside the box!
  • Options
    CapablancaCapablanca Posts: 5,130
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Half of Nigeria is Muslim, that could be his heritage.

Yes, there's a a lot of trouble in Nigeria with Islamic extremists.
  • Options
    stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    How and why did the guy filming stick around and...just film it?! Look how close he was to the attacker. Can't find the video online.

Edit: Above.
  • Options
    Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Sky News, fella is saying the possibility further terrorist attacks. I would hazard a guess that these two nutters don't have an network of recruits planning the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.