Options

Shooting in Woolwich, London

Comments

• Options
    jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Dont know the edl or there stance on everything, just no that london is fast becoming a white no go area.
    Utter garbage. And I've lived in South London for over 20 years.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    The police and army now need to be armed in certain areas of the UK.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    vosne wrote: »
    I was supposed to be going there in July. I've just cancelled :)

We were supposed to be going up on a few weeks too, my roots are there, but I just don't fancy it anymore, London is fast becoming a frightening place to be :( if the exodus of whites is correct, it will eventually turn into a no go area .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain how this is a terrorist attack, and not just another murder?

Why does the PM have to do a Cobra meeting???

Does he do that every time someone gets murdered?

Quite simply, because the victim was a soldier, killed by two men, one of whom has claimed a political/religious motive for the killing (see ITV video).
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So someone mouths off after killing someone, I personally wouldn't include it in the same category as the train bombs that were set off a few years ago.

Really, is that the definition now of a terrorist attack??

'a surprise attack involving the deliberate use of violence against civilians in the hope of attaining political or religious aims'

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/terrorist+attack
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finding it hard to keep up with this thread!
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    What absolute rubbish.

There are many WW2 veterans who would disagree with you, I believe one was even quoted recently as saying "If I knew Britain was going to turn into this, I'd have given Hitler the keys myself"
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Jakobjoe wrote: »

Why?.
  • Options
    stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I think the woman being interviewed on the Beeb at the moment who was interviewed on phone before who had been told the suspects were from Afghanistan

Yeah, her dulcet tones are careful articulation are quite distinctive.
  • Options
    TerryallgoldTerryallgold Posts: 1,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I think the woman being interviewed on the Beeb at the moment who was interviewed on phone before who had been told the suspects were from Afghanistan

Fantastic so they are not somalian. Great that's OK then
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    tothegrand wrote: »
    What absolute rubbish.

Why because someone speaks the truth and it doesnt fit your agenda
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    We were supposed to be going up on a few weeks too, my roots are there, but I just don't fancy it anymore, London is fast becoming a frightening place to be :( if the exodus of whites is correct, it will eventually turn into a no go area .

I was joking. It isn't and I shall be going with utter confidence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Like most of this board then:rolleyes:

The difference is the EDL pretend to be making a difference for our country (well the white residents in it) but just spout hateful hysteria and behave like yobs.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So someone mouths off after killing someone, I personally wouldn't include it in the same category as the train bombs that were set off a few years ago.

Yes, if an attack is done for political or ideological reasons, it is deemed "terrorist".

Anders Breivik in Norway was also regarded as a terrorist as he aimed his actions at the Norwegian government.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

London is fine, like any city it has rough parts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That was always the definition of a terrorist attack. The IRA were involved in "small scale" attacks like these and they were also treated as terrorist attacks. It doesn't have to be mass murder to be a terrorist attack. It might not be in the same category, but it's still a terrorist attack.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member

I dont think Ill ever visit London after this.Its already a no go area.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    Plainly, legally he was a Brit, but doesn't mean he's not ethically Somalian. He couldn't learn the accent in a tourist visit, been here some time. What possesses someone who's lived here for years to do such a thing?

He doesn't look Somalian at all. If I had to guess I would say more likely of Nigerian heritage, but of course we I'll have to wait or details to be confirmed.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    vosne wrote: »
    I was joking. It isn't and I shall be going with utter confidence.

It scares me what is happening on the streets though, I'm not going to take my children there, perhaps Ive lived in the sticks for too long, but it just doesnt look like a fun place to go anymore :(
  • Options
    kjh84kjh84 Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    No, people have been deserting Redbridge, Dagenham and Barking in droves due to overwhelming immigration and associated increased crime.

Basically over the last ten years everyone who could leave has left leaving just people in council houses who can't move, OAPs and the newly arrived immigrants.

What utter tosh, i moved into Redbridge 5 years ago as did my neighbour. My brother in law has moved into Dagenham and my uncle has moved into Barking. People i know that have moved out have only done so, so they can get cheaper houses.

Yes there's crime but tell me an area where is none?
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    But they still couldn't do anything because they weren't armed which was the point I was making.

I think it's more a case of the "chose" not to do anything as the 2 guys were not threatening anyone else during that period.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »

Such as??
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    How you can call yourself a nurse, I'll never know. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Actually, most nurses and doctors i know through my family say the same.

Scum like this should be left.

I find it very odd a person who murders people should expect treatment and respect from people :confused:
  • Options
    humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..I agree some people are being very reactionary due to hurt and upset at the moment but it doesn't change the fact that the more we import people in from a savage and vicious culture be it Africa, Afghanistan or wherever then the more we are going to see this thing happen..it's a culture thing more than anything but that culture is driven by their religion.

What has happened in woolwich today is a heinous crime, but don't see this as an opportunity to taint every third world culture as barbaric. All societies and cultures have the capabilities to perpetrate acts such as these. Was it really so long ago America and British forces went into Iraq and killed over a million people for their resources. Weren't British soldiers caught dressing as Arabs and shooting at unarmed civilians.

http://www.theinsider.org/news/article.asp?id=1556

Be angry, but temper your words.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're a ****ing idiot.

A very articulate addition to this discussion.
This discussion has been closed.