Options

Shooting in Woolwich, London

Comments

• Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    If the EDL care so much then why not join the army and fight?
    Oh wait, they're all mouth.

Like most of this board then:rolleyes:
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incidentally, the guy in the video had a London accent. I don't think he was Somalian.
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    It's rather unfortunate that black Muslims seem to be involved. Two sets of ethnic minorities in the UK get to have their name dragged through the mud.

yes sadly and it will not help the black or muslim communitys. but make more hate of them . and that in turn could turn more them to the extremists views.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    The solder would have probably been killed, if they knew he was a solder, if he was mixed race, Black or Asian.

Exactly, they were after a soldier regardless of sex, race or religion.
  • Options
    LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lesleyanne wrote: »
    I think the plan was probably to wait for the armed police and then get shot as martyrs.

I imagine it was planned due to the number of weapons and how they behaved - seems they drove near the barracks to find a military victim who had just come out of the barracks.

Blimey.

One other thing I can't grasp is why were there so many passers by allowed to be within the police cordon? Surely you'd keep well back or group together and try to overcome the criminals. I do think the unarmed police should have gone forward - they do have sprays, tazors and truncheons don't they?

After visiting Belfast last year I'm pretty sure the NI police are more up to scratch than ours on the mainland, what with dealing with the IRA for decades.
  • Options
    Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you propose to determine who is a "high risk individual" then?

What a ridiculous question! That would not be her responsibility - but of those who know more about such things.

Just one British life is too big a price to pay to allow people with such opinions to come to this country.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,151
    Forum Member
    Slightly off topic but its massive scoop for ITV news to have that footage of one of the killers talking to camera. Not everyday their website crashes due to overuse!
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    It isn't, you know.

I was supposed to be going there in July. I've just cancelled :)
  • Options
    stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    homer2012 wrote: »
    I dont trust the main stream media for facts either, twitter with eye witness commentary is your best bet.

That's a joke, right? You might as well suggest Wikipedia for all Twitter "eyewitness" are worth. You think their accuracy beats the BBC?
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    I think they took 20 minutes to get there, if the closest police were called to the scene they would have got there sooner but they couldn't attend as they were unarmed.

Unarmed police put the public in danger.

Wasn't it right by Woolwich barracks?? it would have been quicker to scramble the soldiers there, I am sure they would have dealt with the scum efficiently.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    You must be joking!!!

Yeah becuase the mainstream media always report the truth dont they:rolleyes:
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain how this is a terrorist attack, and not just another murder?

Why does the PM have to do a Cobra meeting???

Does he do that every time someone gets murdered?

1. Some islamist terrorists have just been jailed for planning very similar attacks.
    2. Film of the murderer talking about "his land" and telling people to throw out their governments has just emerged.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The video of one of the attackers blaming Cameron for sending troops to wars for the killing might have something to do with it.

So someone mouths off after killing someone, I personally wouldn't include it in the same category as the train bombs that were set off a few years ago.
    mounty wrote: »
    If it's politically or ideologically motivated then it's a terrorist attack.

Really, is that the definition now of a terrorist attack??
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone explain how this is a terrorist attack, and not just another murder?

Why does the PM have to do a Cobra meeting???

Does he do that every time someone gets murdered?

1. there is enough evidence building up to show that this is a possible terrorist attack. Better to assume that it is than to have everyone moaning that 'nothing was done'

2. Because he is the Prime Minister, and whilst the chair can be delegated if the PM is out of the country, it is his responsibility

3.No. COBRA has nothing to do with 'murders'
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steviex wrote: »
    When this piece of scum says "our land", where is he referring to and why isn't he back there?

Because he likes living in the West with all its benefits but only becomes a muslim when it suits him. Talking of benefits, I bet he's on them too!

Cowardly, murdering, muslim retard! :mad:

Spot on.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair it will be many hours before more in depth information is known, so it seems reasonable that he returns to chair COBRA tomorrow rather than rushing back now whilst the situation is still unclear.

I think I've just heard on BBC that he's coming back later tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    dawnrayd wrote: »
    That's up to the security services, not me.

So let's get this straight - you've come up with this bright idea that's completely absurd, impractical and ill-conceived but you have no idea how it would actually be implemented? Thank **** you're not part of the security services, otherwise we'd all be ****ed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Well you better get used to it, Britain is so limp-wristed and spineless in 2013 and we want to import more of these sick-minded creatures until there is all out urban warfare.

The blood sacrificed by our solders in WWI and WW2 is now almost certain to have been in vain if it carries on like this.

What absolute rubbish.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSJB wrote: »
    When these atrocities are committed in the name of islam what do you expect.
    They aren't random nutters committing crimes who happen to be muslims as well.
    They do it for islam, because of islam and in the name of islam.
    If muslims don't want to be tarred with the same brush then let's see some large scale denouncements of these acts from the imams.
    Let's see some proactive actions from the muslim community to rid itself of this vermin, i won't hold my breath though.

Why should the innocent need to prove themselves ? Are you or I responsible for crimes committed by our peers ?

These people carry out these acts in the name of Islam as they see it. Millions of people follow the same religion and are never violent, so what do they have to prove.

Muslim community's do a lot to fight extremist but "Man bites dog" will always get more headlines than "Man strokes dog". Surely as a civilised society we should recognise that crimes committed in the name of god by one person does not infer all share in the action ?
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NRG wrote: »
    It's all very fine with the benefit of hindsight to claim these murderers were only attacking members of armed forces when the dead man had no identifiable uniform on. Put it this way, would you approach a bloodied man armed with a meat clever after seeing what they'd just done to a man in civilian clothes? you're a brave person if you would.

That's the point I am making. As the guys weren't (at that time) threatening the public, there was no need for unarmed officers to put themselves in danger, when they would have known Trojan officers were enroute.

The fact that as soon as the Trojan teams arrived, the 2 suspects went towards them indicates that the public "at large" were not the target of the attack.
  • Options
    TerryallgoldTerryallgold Posts: 1,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    When the culprit isn't white, everything is a terrorist attack

No it isn't they are saying now that this was drugs and criminality Phew! it must of been some trouble makers shouting Allah Akbar probablt the EDL or BNP with blackened faces. Great lets hurry back to our diverse beautiful society :)
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    Incidentally, the guy in the video had a London accent. I don't think he was Somalian.

Plainly, legally he was a Brit, but doesn't mean he's not ethically Somalian. He couldn't learn the accent in a tourist visit, been here some time. What possesses someone who's lived here for years to do such a thing?
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Untrue.

It was 20 minutes before ARMED officer arrived on scene.

Unarmed officers were already there well before that.

But they still couldn't do anything because they weren't armed which was the point I was making.
  • Options
    PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    Good lord. I hate it when eye witnesses try to appear articulate and just come across as tits.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the woman being interviewed on the Beeb at the moment who was interviewed on phone before who had been told the suspects were from Afghanistan
This discussion has been closed.