Options

Talksport Chat (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Reg1 wrote: »
    Evening Lawnsy you c... Missing you loads :)

Evening Reg. Just ventured onto here for the first time today to read that chicken's got the elbow. Fair to say that my jaw clunked onto the mattress and I exclaimed to my wife that he's gawn. Her reaction? "Is it because he's a c**t." Not see where she got that from.
  • Options
    TheWayItIsTheWayItIs Posts: 4,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm i'm not so sure .Radio and television are very different.Gary would probably make a boring radio host but i think he is fine on tv .Clark seems to say alot without actually saying anything interesting or meaningful.I'm not sure a crash course in presenting can give you an interesting personality although i understand what you are trying to say.
    Gary can actually be quite amusing particular on twitter.
    I don't see any of this in Clark he just seems nice but boring.
    With Radio you certainly need a bit of bite

Lineker was naturally fairly nervous and apprehensive when he first started out on TV, moving from ITV punditry around the mid 90's.
    Alas he matured into someone a tad too sneaky, snidey and sneery to be wholly respected as a BBC Sport presenter/anchor.
  • Options
    IndependenceIndependence Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Good Afternoon TalkSport believers:)

Another great day on the station. I enjoyed the great guests on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast with Ronnie Irani especially the knowledgeable Matt Scott. A wonderful listen and I am sure it will go from strength to strength in the future. I am very positive about things to come and I can't wait until 6AM tommorrow for another three hours of chat and banter with some witty sporting asided thrown in.:)

I loved the Andy Goldstein Sports Bar with Jason Cundy last night, I think the Wheel of Cundy and Crocodile Cundee are really good and make me laugh before I set my alarm for the early start for another full day of TalkSport.

Well done TalkSport, keep up the good work:)

How much are Talksport paying you for your string of posts
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    According to Daily Mail's Charles Sale

Ronnie Irani has finally been sacked from his much-criticised role on the talkSport flagship breakfast show alongside Alan Brazil.

The former England cricketer, who lasted six years on the programme despite receiving plenty of brickbats over his questionable broadcasting ability, was told by managing director Scott Taunton this week that his contract would not be renewed in August.

So Irani, who described himself as ‘gutted’ by the decision, decided to quit immediately and yesterday was his last show. Brazil, whose contract runs out in December, was said to be ‘emotional’ about his sidekick’s departure.
    Having put up with Irani’s amateurish style for so long, it does seem strange that talkSport have ditched him before the start of an Ashes summer when at least his cricket expertise would have brought authority to the show.

Irani’s exit followed the appointment of new programme director Liam Fisher, who wanted to make changes to a show whose audience figures have stalled compared to other talkSPORT shows such as Keys & Gray.

Irani is known to be a close friend of station boss Taunton, who has nevertheless allowed Fisher, who replaced Moz Dee, to make the changes he wants.
    Brazil is expected to be joined in future by a varied cast of co-presenters including Matt Holland, Ray Parlour and Brian Moore, who is likely to be even more irritating than Irani.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Definite case of 'my bat, my ball, I'm going f...king home':p
  • Options
    JayDee279JayDee279 Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    According to Daily Mail's Charles Sale ......... Brazil is expected to be joined in future by a varied cast of co-presenters including Matt Holland, Ray Parlour and Brian Moore ......
    Exactly what they shouldn't do. He makes a good number 2, but being top banana goes right to his head. If TS got a proper journalist in to run the show maybe Brazil would turn up sober and not spend the whole 4 hours scrounging freebies and/or subjecting fellow TS employees to childish abuse. Turning up at all would be a start.
    Anyone but Parry, btw.
  • Options
    JerrynJerryn Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Hopefully Brazil will resign in protest. totally fed up with his drunken bulliying and freeloading. he used to have interesting titbits of transfer gossip etc but he doen't even have that now
  • Options
    stormy-weathersstormy-weathers Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerryn wrote: »
    Hopefully Brazil will resign in protest. totally fed up with his drunken bulliying and freeloading. he used to have interesting titbits of transfer gossip etc but he doen't even have that now

There is no way Brazil would resign,that wouldn't even
    enter his head.The Charles sale article said he was 'emotional' about Irani going but it didn't come across that way .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you could choose who to host the breakfast show what pairing would everyone choose.?

It can be present/past presenters /contributors or those on others stations.
    Would you keep Brazil and team him up with someone or
    get rid of him and bring others in?
    I would choose a Danny Kelly/Danny Baker combo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Daily Mail's Charles Sale

Ronnie Irani has finally been sacked from his much-criticised role on the talkSport flagship breakfast show alongside Alan Brazil.

The former England cricketer, who lasted six years on the programme despite receiving plenty of brickbats over his questionable broadcasting ability, was told by managing director Scott Taunton this week that his contract would not be renewed in August.

So Irani, who described himself as ‘gutted’ by the decision, decided to quit immediately and yesterday was his last show. Brazil, whose contract runs out in December, was said to be ‘emotional’ about his sidekick’s departure.
    Having put up with Irani’s amateurish style for so long, it does seem strange that talkSport have ditched him before the start of an Ashes summer when at least his cricket expertise would have brought authority to the show.

Irani’s exit followed the appointment of new programme director Liam Fisher, who wanted to make changes to a show whose audience figures have stalled compared to other talkSPORT shows such as Keys & Gray.

Irani is known to be a close friend of station boss Taunton, who has nevertheless allowed Fisher, who replaced Moz Dee, to make the changes he wants.
    Brazil is expected to be joined in future by a varied cast of co-presenters including Matt Holland, Ray Parlour and Brian Moore, who is likely to be even more irritating than Irani.

Thanks for this jackyork makes interesting reading
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree toys well and truly thrown out of the pram
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayDee279 wrote: »
    Exactly what they shouldn't do. He makes a good number 2, but being top banana goes right to his head. If TS got a proper journalist in to run the show maybe Brazil would turn up sober and not spend the whole 4 hours scrounging freebies and/or subjecting fellow TS employees to childish abuse. Turning up at all would be a start.
    Anyone but Parry, btw.

This is an old article but seems he gets fines £5,000 ever time he dosen't turn up

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/scottishnews/2302640/Matt-meets-Alan-Brazil.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    It's talk sport talking about sport. Why do the presenters need to have degrees in speech on this forum. It's quite vile some of the writing on here.

We are actually quite polite compared to some other talksport forums

If you think some of the writing on here is vile gods knows
    what you would think of some of the comments on this forum:

http://www.talkforum.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=19
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KOP1975 wrote: »
    Glad he is gone.
    Utd this, utd that.
    Done my head in.
    Anyone know if he left or if he was sacked??

He was sacked or rather he was told that his contract would not be renewed in August so he decided to leave straight away
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,182
    Forum Member
    Matt Holland is on this morning...
  • Options
    IamnotananorakIamnotananorak Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I heard the news as a rumour at a Essex CCC game yesterday. I should have stayed for the members forum in the evening to suggest a vote of thanks for all Irani's work.

Next step is to get him voted off the Essex CCC committee next April.
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm i'm not so sure .Radio and television are very different.Gary would probably make a boring radio host but i think he is fine on tv .Clark seems to say alot without actually saying anything interesting or meaningful.I'm not sure a crash course in presenting can give you an interesting personality although i understand what you are trying to say.
    Gary can actually be quite amusing particular on twitter.
    I don't see any of this in Clark he just seems nice but boring.
    With Radio you certainly need a bit of bite

Time will probably tell what happens eh Stormy, it's interesting that Clarke Carlisle has retired from playing just at the same time as Ronnie's demise as some alert member pointed out yesterday (sorry I have forgotten who it was in all these many posts lately but a very very good point that was) if Liam Fisher is on the lookout for a good replacement (someone who can actually speak properly to compensate for Brazil) then surely it won't have gone unnoticed by Fisher that Carlise is now available and even putting out messages publicly that he's now obtainable for media work in future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What I'd like to know is at what exact moment in time he was told that his contract wasn't being renewed, do you really think it's possible he only found out during the live show Jack?. If that was the case then I have to say although I am on cloud 9 he's finally got his comeuppance it's a real pi$$ pan way to treat an employee with six years service.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerryn wrote: »

Brazil looks after number 1 and that only, no way he'll walk from a £350,000 a year job where he turns up for 4 hours a day, sits and reads a script in comfort and blags owt he wants but I agree with everything you say about him Jerryn.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    What I'd like to know is at what exact moment in time he was told that his contract wasn't being renewed, do you really think it's possible he only found out during the live show Jack?. If that was the case then I have to say although I am on cloud 9 he's finally got his comeuppance it's a real pi$$ pan way to treat an employee with six years service.

Hi Billy, I'm sure Jack won't mind me responding on his behalf but see his post at 1630 where he quotes the Daily Fail's Charles Sale (that is an actual reference for you, when typed up it's quite lyrical though do you think?):)

Very interesting to read he is a good friend of the station's boss, Scott Taunton but it was Taunton himself who informed him his contract wasn't being renewed. :D

[Cue the theme to The Godfather]. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer:D
  • Options
    gouldfathergouldfather Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good morning TalkSport junkets:)

Listening to the excellent Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast with Special Guest Host Matt Holland. It is a good listen I must admit.

On the wonderful Alan Answers feature Mr Brazil mentioned something about snakes in the Daily Mail today. Excuse my naivety but is this a reference to the article that jackyork quoted earlier this morning?

Anyway, I don't fully understand it all but I am sure once it is all sorted out Ronnie will be back where he belongs alongside Alan.:)

PS great hangover cure from Alan this morning, simply walk to the Waterloo Sports Bar and Grill (an excellent establishment by the way) and top up your hangover with some fine champagne:D

Anyway, can't wait for the rest of the day to unfold on TalkSport.
  • Options
    fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heard more of the show this morning than i have in the last 6 years.such a massive improvement having someone who can speak without all the umms and arrs etc. now for some of the others to go or at least get a kick up the arse and improve.less bloody adds would help massively too.
  • Options
    ramageramage Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid it's what I predicted yesterday.
    Brazil cant stop talking about himself.
    "I once scored 5 goals against Southampton"
    I have won 2 Uefa cup medals"
    "In todays rules Ipswich would have qualified every year for the Champions league"
    "It takes me ten hours to drive to the Alps"
    "1981 blah blah blah"
    For f***s sake Brazil. Life isn't all about you.
  • Options
    ramageramage Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say I am enjoying Matt Holland.
    If they decide to stick with him, I would not complain.
    I just hope Brazil doesn't ruin him.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Anyway, I don't fully understand it all but I am sure once it is all sorted out Ronnie will be back where he belongs alongside Alan.:)

You could be right Goldie, maybe big Al is next in line for the chop and him and Ronnie will end up in Pound stretcher together stacking shelves for their JSA.:p
This discussion has been closed.