Options

British Soldier in Afghanistan sexually abused a child pleads guilty

Comments

• Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    And that's sticking up for a child molester is it :confused: Sorry but I can no longer take you seriously!

Err...yes, that is exactly what it is. He has been convicted of abusing the child and people are sticking up for him and making excuses about how he is no more guilty than being an idiot.

It's just like that twit Nightingale, who brought back an illegal weapon and tons of ammunition.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Err...yes, that is exactly what it is. He has been convicted of abusing the child and people are sticking up for him and making excuses about how he is no more guilty than being an idiot.

It's just like that twit Nightingale, who brought back an illegal weapon and tons of ammunition.

And with that, your agenda is blown wide open! You have no interest in the OP beyond your anti military agenda! You are really quite pathetic!

Oh and err, no, no one has stuck up for this soldier in this thread and if you believe they have then your logic is seriously flawed! Then again, with your agenda, maybe its just twisted!
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member

Abuse does not mean molestation.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    How has this thread reached 14 pages? The guy himself has admitted he is GUILTY. Yet people keep defending him. I mean I could understand it if he insisted he was innocent, then there would be a question mark, but the guy himself has said "Yes im guilty, judge me". If he has done that, why in the hell are there people who have no relation to him defending him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How has this thread reached 14 pages? The guy himself has admitted he is GUILTY. Yet people keep defending him. I mean I could understand it if he insisted he was innocent, then there would be a question mark, but the guy himself has said "Yes im guilty, judge me". If he has done that, why in the hell are there people who have no relation to him defending him?

We're discussing his right to anonymity.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

Okay, firstly, you really need to go and read the various articles about the case again.

If I operated a cleaning business and sent kids up chimneys I could probably be convicted of "abusing a child".
    That's not the same as "molesting a child", much less "raping a child".

There's nothing to suggest there's any sexual element involved at all.
    All the stuff about "ZOMG! His name must be made public to protect teh childrenz!!!" is just disingenuous bullshit.
    The judge advocate said there had been no sexual motive behind the behaviour.

Secondly, how on Earth is this "just like" a soldier possessing illegal weapons and ammunition?

I'm really struggling to make the connection there. :confused:
  • Options
    slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Abuse does not mean molestation.

Well his actions seem to fit this definition.
    Sexual abuse, also referred to as molestation, is the forcing of undesired sexual behavior by one person upon another. When that force is immediate, of short duration, or infrequent, it is called sexual assault. The offender is referred to as a sexual abuser or (often pejoratively) molester.[1] The term also covers any behavior by any adult towards a child to stimulate either the adult or child sexually. When the victim is younger than the age of consent, it is referred to as child sexual abuse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_abuse

So yes, it was molestation and it was sexual abuse. But don't let me stop you from making excuses for and defending this nonce.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    slick1two wrote: »

So yes, it was molestation and it was sexual abuse.

No it wasn't.

The judge said so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're discussing his right to anonymity.

To be fair, its more like his families right not to be put as serious risk!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    No it wasn't.

The judge said so.
    They also let him off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist and a fine. So what? he's committed a crime, but hasn't actually been punished for it.

Keep condoning this behaviour. You obviously didn't see anything wrong with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    No it wasn't.

The judge said so.

We'll get told that the Law is corrupt next!
  • Options
    Forum Member

So yes, it was molestation and it was sexual abuse. But don't let me stop you from making excuses for and defending this nonce.
    I disagree. I'm not making excuses or defending a nonce. Having personal experience of a paedophile, that's something I would be very unlikely to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They also let him off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist and a fine. So what? he's committed a crime, but hasn't actually been punished for it.

Keep condoning this behaviour. You obviously didn't see anything wrong with it.

NO ONE IS CONDONING ANYTHING! Why do you keep saying that! Prove it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To be fair, its more like his families right not to be put as serious risk!

I was trying to keep it as simple as possible!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll get told that the Law is corrupt next!

Well that punishment obviously was! He commited a criminal act but all he got was a a good ticking off and thats it. So yes in this instance, justice was not served. Plus, a sex abuser is likely back in the UK and could well strike again. Don't know why that doesn't seem to bother you, but it bothers me and I am sure many parents out there would not be best pleased that a nonce is roaming the streets. There are enough as it is, so why protect this one??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well that punishment obviously was! He commited a criminal act but all he got was a a good ticking off and thats it. So yes in this instance, justice was not served. Plus, a sex abuser is likely back in the UK and could well strike again. Don't know why that doesn't seem to bother you, but it bothers me and I am sure many parents out there would not be best pleased that a nonce is roaming the streets. There are enough as it is, so why protect this one??

Read the news articles or the thread. The answer to your question is there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read the news articles or the thread. The answer to your question is there.

But seriously, why are you defending a child molester??
  • Options
    Forum Member

Did it occur to you that the punishment he received was appropriate for his actual offence, rather than the one you've manufactured in your head?
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't disagree with that principle, but it shouldn't be granted purely because of the job they do. If it is granted at all, it should be available to everyone, including civilians.

Have you ever heard of Mary Bell, Maxine Carr, Robert Thompson or Jon Venables?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ok you are now clearly on the wind up and baiting!
  • Options
    Forum Member

I haven't.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You're still speculating about a scenario which you've dreamed up rather than considering the evidence that has been published.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't.

They're baiting now which makes the obtuseness a lot clearer!
  • Options
    Forum Member

You didn't really answer my question either.
    Do you know who all the nonces are in your community?
    Why? You don't know all the other nonces. Why do you need to know the name of this one?
    Why this one? Why not all the others that are living in your community? Don't you want to know their names?
    Along with every other sex pest whose name you don't know.

I don't understand why you feel you have the right to know the identity of this one man
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok you are now clearly on the wind up and baiting!
    They're baiting now which makes the obtuseness a lot clearer!

Very obvious.