Options

Woman spends six days in hospital after attack in bedroom by stray cat

Comments

• Options
    mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yellowpark wrote: »
    Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function.

I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul. :)

Heavvvvvy man:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Cats are the new foxes, which were the new "devil dogs". I expect badgers will be next - that or dormice.

I reckon dormince, look into their eyes and the abyss stares back into you
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given the woman's fondness for taking photos regarding the story she went to the papers with,and the DM's love of exaggerating narratives, it's curious there are no photos of said blood spattered curtains and carpet! DM photographers and the paper's readers love that kind of thing.

Also how does she know the stray attacked her cat as she alleges, since she claims she "was in a deep sleep" when the encounter first started?
  • Options
    peroquilperoquil Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    We've taken in a couple of feral cats and once they're not scared anymore they're lovely pets. Shooting them is a nasty thing to do. Some people make me sick.

It's not nasty at all, it's humane.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    I reckon dormince, look into their eyes and the abyss stares back into you

Brrrr!!! I'm contacting the Daily Mail now - they need to get ontop of the Dormouse Menace before its too late!
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm...many animals tend to run amok, going to the toilet on other peoples properties.

Do they?

What other domestic pets do then?
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peroquil wrote: »

Not really, like I said, cat behaviourists can turn these cats around. Shooting is just the lazy or thick option but then ferral behaviour isn't just limited to animals,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    Maybe we should lock up all men

Cat's aren't human beings.

RSPCA

"Currently there is no definitive knowledge regarding whether being an indoor-only cat is any better or worse than being one who has access to the outdoors."

http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutanimals/pets/cats/environment/indoors
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brrrr!!! I'm contacting the Daily Mail now - they need to get ontop of the Dormouse Menace before its too late!

Just look at its face!! Pure evil! The Daily Mail needs to report on this new threat, write after thet stop attacking women, foreigners and travellers and the BBC, and everyone who isn't a member of the Royal Family.
  • Options
    peroquilperoquil Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really, like I said, cat behaviourists can turn these cats around. Shooting is just the lazy or thick option but then ferral behaviour isn't just limited to animals,

They're vermin, and it's not unreasonable to treat them as such. Cat behaviourists, don't make me laugh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    Do they?

Erm dogs, when their owners let them. Chav behaviour isn't just limited to chavs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cats are the new foxes, which were the new "devil dogs".

Foxes are wild animals, cats are not.

Cat's are domestic animals and their owners should be held accountable for them far more than they are currently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm dogs, when their owners let them. Chav behaviour isn't just limited to chavs.

Really?

Dogs are just running everywhere over peoples gardens like cats are they? Of course they are not.
  • Options
    RogerBaileyRogerBailey Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're vermin, and it's not unreasonable to treat them as such. Cat behaviourists, don't make me laugh.

"Come on puss, let's talk!"

Funniest thing I have read in a while. Pay hundreds or thousands for a "cat behaviour" expert to come round vs the price of a .22 round. I think I know what most people would choose.
  • Options
    PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yellowpark wrote: »
    Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function.

Like what?
  • Options
    KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    Really?

Dogs are just running everywhere over peoples gardens like cats are they? Of course they are not.

Some do if they aren't trained properly.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Hey lets demonise cats now, we have devil dogs, rabid foxes why not go onto the next unlucky animal. What next "I was attacked by a crazed pigeon"!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They're vermin only because cat-hating people label them as such..

As for cat behaviourists, you need to watch 'My Cat from Hell' on Animal Planet and see just how knowledgable they are. The guy looks like a Hells Angel but with more knowledge about cats in his little finger than you have in your brain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really?

Pathetic. Next we will be told dogs pole-vault into our gardens just for a crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Come on puss, let's talk!"

Funniest thing I have read in a while. Pay hundreds or thousands for a "cat behaviour" expert to come round vs the price of a .22 round. I think I know what most people would choose.

On judgement day, I hope you have a good reason for wishing mindless violence on one of God's creatures.
  • Options
    cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they?

We get dogs coming round the back of our house, chasing our cats down the road, crapping everywhere. Dog owners can be every bit as inconsiderate as cat owners when it comes to keeping their pets under control. People say just keep cats indoors but it's not easy at all when they want to go out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On judgement day, I hope you have a good reason for wishing mindless violence on one of God's creatures.

In what world is a .22 bullet through the head "mindless violence" with vermin?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pathetic. Next we will be told dogs pole-vault into our gardens just for a crap.

Right, so the chav who was fined over £1000 for letting his Pit Bull poo in a neighbours front garden wasn't causing any harm?

And dogs didn't really kill a teenage girl did they? Numpty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We get dogs coming round the back of our house, chasing our cats down the road, crapping everywhere. Dog owners can be every bit as inconsiderate as cat owners when it comes to keeping their pets under control. People say just keep cats indoors but it's not easy at all when they want to go out.

Dogs also want to go out. Responsible pet owners do not let their animals run free.
  • Options
    cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's unnecessary. They kill vermin - mice, rats, rabbits, all sorts. When a feral cat is rescued and learns to trust their new owner they are lovely animals. Some ferals get aggressive because they're scared, or protecting their kittens.