Options

Thank You For Your Body

Comments

• Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really, people should be able to post whatever they want without someone calling them out for it (they can disagree but not shoot down the actual topic)

This forum is one of the unfriendliest forums I have posted on to be honest, coming from someone who just signed up a week ago. People can be really nasty for no reason.

AngieR, I say this with the greatest of respect, do you only want to be on a forum where people agree with you?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    What, get a grip ? it's hardly a bad thing to say.

Some truly are easily offended on here it seems :rolleyes:

Saying "Get a grip" can be seen as offensive. Rolling you eyes can be seen as offensive.

Another way to put it might be "Why are people so freaked out by Emma's body comment?"

My reply to that would be - because Courtney's 19, young and just stated she feels more grown up - which indicates she would like to treated as a grown woman - but the body comment puts her back in the "bimbo" box. IMO That's why people are annoyed at Emma's comment.
  • Options
    StandByMe89StandByMe89 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma is too biased, she gets too involved and has obvious favourites. The way she asks the audience for their opinion then shoots them down. She wouldn't let anyone say a word about Mario. She obviously was on his side about Courtney. A host shouldn't be biased, I mean sure, they will obviously have their favourites, but they shouldn't sway the audience to share their view. Emma unfortunately does.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tom_ogrady wrote: »
    Saying "Get a grip" can be seen as offensive. Rolling you eyes can be seen as offensive.

Another way to put it might be "Why are people so freaked out by Emma's body comment?"

My reply to that would be - because Courtney's 19, young and just stated she feels more grown up - which indicates she would like to treated as a grown woman - but the body comment puts her back in the "bimbo" box. IMO That's why people are annoyed at Emma's comment.

Are you Emma's spokesperson?
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not nice either.

But you agree it wasn't nasty then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    AngieR, I say this with the greatest of respect, do you only want to be on a forum where people agree with you?

No of course not.. but I think its stupid to shoot down the topic of the conversation instead of stating why you disagree with the OP.. because if everyone shot down everyones topic's there would be nothing to talk about. People should comment on what they want to, but saying 'get a grip' is kinda rude IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Please get a grip you lot, the comment was harmless. People seem to be getting offended just for the sake of it again :rolleyes:

The comment was meant to belittle, there was more to Courtney than her body, why not say "thanks for being a good HM"? I wonder if MR Emma had sent his appreciation to Courtney and Emma was just the messenger.;) After all looking at Emma's Ostridge legs day after day can't be much fun for him.:D
  • Options
    SonicmfcSonicmfc Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of how Emma can treat some better than others but that was nothing! Honestly some of you need out more 'cause that was not 'Nasty, vile' or whatever nasty word you'd like to fire in her direction while calling her rude :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The comment was meant to belittle, there was more to Courtney than her body, why not say "thanks for being a good HM"? I wonder if MR Emma had sent his appreciation to Courtney and Emma was just the messenger.;) After all looking at Emma's Ostridge legs day after day can't be much fun for him.:D

Or she likes her body so said thanks for your body, harmless.
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    That was Emma's parting comment to Courtney. I wonder if Emma was born nasty or if she has taken lessons

Well she was a model and did live with Sophie when she was 17, so I'm guessing that by a process of osmosis she absorbed a lot of unpleasantness from her surroundings.

Rather than outright 'nasty' i saw it as a supremely shallow and superficial comment from someone who has been incapable or unwilling to look past Courtney's appearance at the character of the person beneath.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Do people just find something new to moan about every 5 minutes?

She bought her boobs and then displayed them for her entire time there. How is 'thank you for your body' an insult? if she doesn't want to be viewed like that she should cover up more.

I love her figure but she can hardly have any complaints after how she wandered around the house half naked most days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    I agree. Emma is pathetic.. this is the first Big Brother I have watched properly since Ultimate Big Brother... Davina was such a good presenter BECAUSE she was so diplomatic.. she was kind, funny and loved BB yet she was hard when she needed to be.

Emma just seems stuck up and totally biased to whoever she likes that season, or in this case who she is friend with on the outside. The presenters for this show are awful now.. remember the good ol times on C4? Davina + Dermort/Russel

She wasn't with Makosi or Siavash in their eviction interviews. Davina was quite biased as well at times.
  • Options
    Dave MacDave Mac Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I dont think it was meant in a nasty way. It was just pure snobbery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has a hard neck she will expect the crowd to stand up for her on BBBOTS like she does every eviction night Talk about loving yourself. After what Emma said Courtney should refuse to go on the show but there again Courtney is not as pathetic as Emma. .

Let's hope Courtney puts on her Bikini for BBOTS and invites Emma to do the same.:D
  • Options
    Pretty GreenPretty Green Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait for her parting remarks to ABZ " thank you for keeping us entertained for 3 weeks, here are your best bits".:rolleyes:

Followed by an abrupt cut to black like the ending of The Sopranos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Followed by an abrupt cut to black like the ending of The Sopranos.

:D:D:D They can do 30 seconds of best bits, ABZ towering up pillows, ABZ singing, ABZ Bee watching and ABZ trying out different headwear.:D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Respect to other f/m's is a rule if you think telling someone get a grip is not showing a lack of respect then I don't agree.

No ones disrespecting anyone thanks :(
    Thanks for your body has many interpretations neither good nor bad who cares its all too judgemental and find that more disrespectful :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you Emma's spokesperson?

LOL - God no. Just trying to divert arguing FM's back to Emma's comment - which is what the thread is about.

But it hasn't worked. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    erin_p wrote: »
    The most stupid comment ever.
    Personally I'd have gone for Chamberlain's classic "I have returned from Germany with peace for our time"or the Nigerian border guard about 20 years back whose last words were 'Halt or I'll fire' at a charging hippo (true story :D)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was such a backhanded, slice of misogyny from Emma. The comment is worse coming from a another woman in my opinion. And it was especially bad after all what Courtney was saying about her growth and how she didn't know how strong she could be.
  • Options
    DroodDrood Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a rather bizarre thing to say. Doesn't she usually say thanks for being a great housemate?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma's on TV entirely thanks to her personality, of course. She really doesn't like the sexy women, does she? Sour bitch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Personally I'd have gone for Chamberlain's classic "I have returned from Germany with peace for our time"or the Nigerian border guard about 20 years back whose last words were 'Halt or I'll fire' at a crging hippo (true story :D)

Haha love it thanks for your light relief :)
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Puppy_Junk wrote: »
    It was such a backhanded, slice of misogyny from Emma. The comment is worse coming from a another woman in my opinion. And it was especially bad after all what Courtney was saying about her growth and how she didn't know how strong she could be.

Well said imo it was in no way a compliment I hope when she watches it back she realises what a stupid thing to say.
  • Options
    Robbie_CraigRobbie_Craig Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The woman's a amateur and out of her depth. Dexter would have done a far more professional interview .