Options

Solo Gary Barlow VS Solo Geri Halliwell

Comments

• Options
    kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    Is it really your job to post on a forum where virtually no one is taking Geri seriously. I feel bad for her. It's doing her more harm than good. My opinion anyway, and then again I cant see 20 odd Geri fans jumping to her defense.

Aside from your good self ofcourse.

9 pages in, goodness knows how many pages on the "Queen of British Pop" thread....

Geri has never worried how many people 'like' her persona - none of you actually know her.

The point is, we're all talking about Geri on one of the biggest pop culture forums in the country..... good or bad, it's all attention.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    so just a million shy of the 4 million then.:rolleyes:

Paul congratulated her on selling "over 3 million" back in 2003.

The song has sold quite steadily since then digitally for some reason, and I know that 4 million is in the right ball park.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the UK yes. It was in the top 5 selling singles world wide for 2001 though. :o

lets face facts here. her uk sales wasn't the 3 million records our ken previously stated. ken by his own admission stated that her biggest worldwide hit also fell short of the sales he previously claimed. that 12 million record sales estimation from her team has no credibility whatsoever.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    9 pages in, goodness knows how many pages on the "Queen of British Pop" thread....

Geri has never worried how many people 'like' her persona - none of you actually know her.

The point is, we're all talking about Geri on one of the biggest pop culture forums in the country..... good or bad, it's all attention.

So what you're saying is you're just pulling a stunt to grab attention? If that's the case then well done. No one is taking away from what Geri is, what she has done et al...and It's great you know her. She genuinely comes across as a lovely woman.

I even said before, she's one of the very few celebs who hasn't a bad word to say about anybody and it takes real integrity to be like that.

Statistics wise I find you naive. Still, you're on her payroll and you know her personally so who can blame you eh?

With your level of expertise in your particular field you should be working for an A-lister who's current, happening, currently successful and selling albums by the shit loads.

You'd do a great job. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul congratulated her on selling "over 3 million" back in 2003.

The song has sold quite steadily since then digitally for some reason, and I know that 4 million is in the right ball park.

i dare say the weather girls version of the song has picked up a fair few digital sales over the years.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lets face facts here. her uk sales wasn't the 3 million records our ken previously stated. ken by his own admission stated that her biggest worldwide hit also fell short of the sales he previously claimed. that 12 million record sales estimation from her team has no credibility whatsoever.:D

As I've said from the start, you me and virtually everone on this thread. Its laughable she's sold as many as what's stated on The X Factor/Pierece Morgan et al.

Those were quotes/stats passed on from PR/management. Her UK album sales are tragically minor, and the UK is the 3rd biggest music market in the world.

How could she have sold 8 MILLION WW through smaller markets??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've said from the start, you me and virtually everone on these threads. Its laughable she's sold as many as what's stated on The X Factor/Pierece Morgan et al.

Those were quotes/stats passed on from PR/management. Her UK album sales are tragically minor, and the UK is the 3rd biggest music market in the world.

How could she have sold 8 MILLION WW through smaller markets??

the truthful answer is she didn't.:o just over 2.5 million total sales in the uk and us returns were pitiful according to billboard. with less than 3 million sales between the uk and us, its no wonder nobody believes these claims.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like on the X Factor when they say Britney 150 million, or Kylie 75 million or whatever. Realistically it's nowhere near that amount.

It's just we can see through those PR stunts, and if we actually count those supposed sales, the totals would be far off.

It's the same with Geri,12 million is beyond a joke. She probably knows it herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like on the X Factor when they say Britney 150 million, or Kylie 75 million or whatever. Realistically it's nowhere near that amount.

It's just we can see through those PR stunts, and if we actually count those supposed sales, the totals would be far off.

It's the same with Geri,12 million is beyond a joke. She probably knows it herself.

ken more or less said the same thing himself a few pages back, but still refused to believe geri's figures were inflated for whatever bizarre reason.

i would assume she knows the truth.;) anyone releasing music would be interested in the units they sold and what profit they generate from those sales.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's wait and see what Simon comes up with...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes let's. :)
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,006
    Forum Member

Ken do you work within the music industry?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ken do you work within the music industry?!

I'm pretty sure he does. He has mentioned several times it's his "job' etc. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Geri's solo songs are awesome and her cover its raining men is amazing
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,006
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure he does. He has mentioned several times it's his "job' etc. :)

It's just, to me anyway, if he worked in the music industry, he would have no issue in providing certifications, not PR crap passed to newspapers and websites and The X Factor

I've gotta say if you are involved in PR, I want you to work for my company because you won't relent on your claims, even with the lack of proof, you do quite a good job on sticking to your guns even though your claims are ridiculous
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just, to me anyway, if he worked in the music industry, he would have no issue in providing certifications, not PR crap passed to newspapers and websites and The X Factor

I've gotta say if you are involved in PR, I want you to work for my company because you won't relent on your claims, even with the lack of proof, you do quite a good job on sticking to your guns even though your claims are ridiculous

It's the job they're paid for I suppose. You've hit the nail on the head. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do pr people really come on forums bigging up their acts though? surely there are more effective ways to promote a client? geri's profile is on the up, well by her standards anyway,:o what with her landing that "australia's got talent" role due to mel b's sloppy contractual issues. so i fail to see how this or indeed other related threads could be good for her profile in any way.:confused:

i suppose its up to geri whether she feel this is effective value for her money though...:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do pr people really come on forums bigging up their acts though? surely there are more effective ways to promote a client? geri's profile is on the up, well by her standards anyway,:o what with her landing that "australia's got talent" role due to mel b's sloppy contractual issues. so i fail to see how this or indeed other related threads could be good for her profile in any way.:confused:

i suppose its up to geri whether she feel this is effective value for her money though...:o

This thread, or these threads are probably doing her more harm than good. Is this a way to boost a profile? Surely it's got to take a lot more than this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread, or these threads are probably doing her more harm than good. Is this a way to boost a profile? Surely it's got to take a lot more than this?

its difficult for me to fully believe this a genius stroke in marketing at play here and that it will lead to mass interest in her new material.:o there are far more effective pr activities that deliver better results and reach more people.

for instance, when you read a story in a newspaper and the article is generally positive with "sources" adding weight to the story, its fair to assume that pr people are probably the "sources". if these newspaper stories and subsequent online articles reach a lot of people, then it is a job well done.;)

i just don't see the same value in debating inflated music sales on internet forums personally....
  • Options
    soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought popularity contests were measured by Twitter followers these days ;)

Mrs. Beckham - 6,738,069
    Gary Barlow - 3,052,598
    Robbie Williams - 2,034,324
    Emma Bunton - 1,032,634
    Mel B - 811,437
    Mel C - 434,003
    Geri - 261,332
    Howard Donald - 68,497
    Mark Owen - 54,974

Kenny - 12 :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So finally I can say it.

Geri is officially signed with Sony Music Australia!
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither - both as dull as dishwater
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So finally I can say it.

Geri is officially signed with Sony Music Australia!

Geri will perform her first release in eight years, Half of Me, at the Grand Final of the National Rugby League on October 3rd on the Nine Network.

The track will then be released through Sony Music Australia on October 25th.
  • Options
    RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri will perform her first release in eight years, Half of Me, at the Grand Final of the National Rugby League on October 3rd on the Nine Network.

The track will then be released through Sony Music Australia on October 25th.

Is this in Australia?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RikScot wrote: »
    Is this in Australia?

Yes. :)
This discussion has been closed.