Options

The Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Comments

• Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    So excited for tomorrow :D Saved my copy at work today I work in the game section of my store we counted the pre-orders and we have more then enough to put onto the shop floor so i saved a copy for myself :) and a 15% staff discount :D
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparky07 wrote: »
    So do we know if anybody has received there copy from ShopTo today?

Ive ordered from them but wont know until about 6pm this evening if it has turned up.

Not geting my hopes up though. As long as it turns up tomorrow i will be happy.

No it doesnt seem like anyone who ordered from Shopto is getting theirs today - their twitter is full of people moaning..
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    No it doesnt seem like anyone who ordered from Shopto is getting theirs today - their twitter is full of people moaning..

Where're you getting yours from? I'm still waiting on my call time for tomorrow... might risk a midnight trip to Game... :D
  • Options
    YellowFishYellowFish Posts: 4,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ian-d wrote: »
    Was there a download required too, or just install from the disc only (no broadband at the moment).

The Xbox 360 version sill ship as two discs; one to install from and the other to play from – which is neat, as it mitigates the need to ever switch discs. And yes, the Ps3 version will come on just one super handy blu-ray disc, but because of that system’s slow drive you’re going to have to install it too before you can play.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    William65 wrote: »
    Amazon :)

I wish I had pre-ordered from Amazon now. Still, I'll have it this time tomorrow!
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    For nostalga reasons I had a go on GTA4 last night. Can't believe how outdated it is compared to five
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    NOTE TO XBOX 360 USERS

Just letting you guys know, when you get the game, DO NOT install the second disc to the same hard drive, there has been issues noticed about certain loading bugs and this is the cause, this game has been designed for dual streaming, so installing the second disc actually puts more strain on the Hard Drive of the console as the game will be attempting to read from two install partians at once.

The only way around this if you don't want to use the disc is to either purchase the Digital version which has been arranged differently or install the second disc onto a separate device, such as a USB Flash Drive rated at USB2.0 or higher.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I ordered from ShopTo and the postman just arrived with no delivery. I haven't seen one person who ordered from there saying they received their copy, so you can safely assume at this point that nobody has or will until at least tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Xbox 360 version sill ship as two discs; one to install from and the other to play from – which is neat, as it mitigates the need to ever switch discs. And yes, the Ps3 version will come on just one super handy blu-ray disc, but because of that system’s slow drive you’re going to have to install it too before you can play.

He's talking about a downloadable update after installation...
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    NOTE TO XBOX 360 USERS

Just letting you guys know, when you get the game, DO NOT install the second disc to the same hard drive, there has been issues noticed about certain loading bugs and this is the cause, this game has been designed for dual streaming, so installing the second disc actually puts more strain on the Hard Drive of the console as the game will be attempting to read from two install partians at once.

The only way around this if you don't want to use the disc is to either purchase the Digital version which has been arranged differently or install the second disc onto a separate device, such as a USB Flash Drive rated at USB2.0 or higher.

And are R* working on fixing this cock-up?
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have downloaded and installed it from PSN just waiting for it to become available to play. I'm quite glad I got it via that route as it didn't cost me much extra and I am guaranteed to be able to play it tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iHelix wrote: »
    I wish I had pre-ordered from Amazon now. Still, I'll have it this time tomorrow!

It's a decent game, but not the best, "best game ever" not so really..... Played better games,

Then again that's my opinion, everyone is entitled to there own opinion right? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOTE TO XBOX 360 USERS

Oh sugar honey iced tea :S
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Where're you getting yours from? I'm still waiting on my call time for tomorrow... might risk a midnight trip to Game... :D

SHOPTO!! haha. :mad:

I didnt expect it early tho to be honest, I'm stuck in work in the day & out tonight and Ive tickets for United tomorrow so wouldnt have seen much of it anyway. Only thing I'm annoyed about is that I pre-ordered it ages ago & didnt think to price check it against anywhere closer the time, shopto seems to have been £5ish more expensive.
  • Options
    Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOTE TO XBOX 360 USERS

You've lost me now...are we meant to install both discs or just one? Are you saying that I'll need another USB stick in order to play on 360?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    I ordered from Gamestop with their trade-in offer. No sign of it being despatched yet, as long as it is here for the weekend i will be happy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And are R* working on fixing this cock-up?

Well they can't re-design the Xbox 360, it's an issue on Microsoft's side, it's one of the smaller problems introduced when using games with more than one disc that have the dual streaming function.

Like I said, the only way around it is to either install the second disc onto a separate device (USB Flash Drive, External Hard Drive, etc) or opt for the Digital Download version of the game which bypasses the entire Installation thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a decent game, but not the best, "best game ever" not so really..... Played better games,

Then again that's my opinion, everyone is entitled to there own opinion right? :)

You've not even had it 20 minutes according to your posts on here, give it time...
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    SHOPTO!! haha. :mad:

I didnt expect it early tho to be honest, I'm stuck in work in the day & out tonight and Ive tickets for United tomorrow so wouldnt have seen much of it anyway. Only thing I'm annoyed about is that I pre-ordered it ages ago & didnt think to price check it against anywhere closer the time, shopto seems to have been £5ish more expensive.

Ouch... I just pre-ordered it at Game, expecting to pick it up during the day sometime, but I'm now going to be stuck on a set somewhere all day tomorrow! Either risk them not selling mine to someone else and grab it Wednesday or I nip down tonight...
  • Options
    Graeme_WoodGraeme_Wood Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    You've lost me now...are we meant to install both discs or just one? Are you saying that I'll need another USB stick in order to play on 360?!

You install the 'install disk' but dont install the 'play from' disk, as this is causing issues on 360. Seems its making the harddrive look in two places at the one time, which is logical really.
  • Options
    Forum Member

When you get the game, Disc 1 is the install disc, this will install 8GB worth of data onto your consoles hard drive when you launch it (DO NOT USE THE XBOX 360's INSTALL GAME OPTION), you then use Disc 2 to play the game without installing that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they can't re-design the Xbox 360, it's an issue on Microsoft's side, it's one of the smaller problems introduced when using games with more than one disc that have the dual streaming function.

Like I said, the only way around it is to either install the second disc onto a separate device (USB Flash Drive, External Hard Drive, etc) or opt for the Digital Download version of the game which bypasses the entire Installation thing.

Hmm... I'm not 100% sure but I think other devs have managed to get around this in the past.

Is there an official announcement somewhere?
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand why/how people can complain about shopto and not getting their order a day early. wtf is going on ? It's due out tomorrow, not today, just because some people have got it early does not mean you should and even though Shopto had gotten people pre orders early in the past, does not mean it will happen for GTA V.

This is not aimed at people on here, but people on Twitter who are going ape over this. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've not even had it 20 minutes according to your posts on here, ..

You've got a point bud
  • Options
    ian-dian-d Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, but I mean is there a download update required from the net after you've installed from the disc (PS3)?
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Okay so mine just came in! *screams*

So far so good, but not as good as I hoped for

Feel free to ask questions about it, more than happy to :)

WUM always ask that when they never get game yet! Good try.
  • Options
    Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you get the game, Disc 1 is the install disc, this will install 8GB worth of data onto your consoles hard drive when you launch it (DO NOT USE THE XBOX 360's INSTALL GAME OPTION), you then use Disc 2 to play the game without installing that.

Ah right. Why would it ask you to install the second disc if this is just the "gameplay" disc?

Apologies if I'm coming across as an idiot - I'm just a little confused by it all.