Options

The Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Comments

• Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've lost me now...are we meant to install both discs or just one? Are you saying that I'll need another USB stick in order to play on 360?!

On the 360 GTA 5 comes with 2 DVDs, one is an install disk and the other is the game disk.

The game disk can also be installed as all games can in the 360 but it means the game is trying to read 2 partitions from the hard disk drive and causes problems.

The solution is:

1. Don't install the game disk.
    2. Install the game disk to a seperate drive such as a USB2 flash drive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Is this thread turning into the GTA forums? The amount of grief and moaning about not gertting the same early is unbelievable lol.

Whilst I secretly hoped I might get the game early from ShopTo, as long as I get it tomorrow, then I'll be happy.

Too many important things to do tonight anyway, so having the game would have been a serious distraction lol
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah right. Why would it ask you to install the second disc if this is just the "gameplay" disc?

Apologies if I'm coming across as an idiot - I'm just a little confused by it all.

Because it would reduce loading times and stop the noise from the disc spinning.
  • Options
    Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine hasn't come today.

Didn't expect it to, since my order was only dispatched on Saturday afternoon.
  • Options
    YellowFishYellowFish Posts: 4,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    WUM always ask that when they never get game yet! Good try.

Dude I'm not 'winding you up' don't believe me that's fine I don't care, I have the game, and you don't :p
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    William65 wrote: »
    Dude I'm not 'winding you up' don't believe me that's fine I don't care, I have the game, and you don't :p

So... answer some of the questions that you've not answered properly :D
  • Options
    Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers folks. So to sum up - you don't HAVE to install disc 2...you can still play without?

If I wanted to install to a flash drive, how much memory am I looking at?

Thanks again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers folks. So to sum up - you don't HAVE to install disc 2...you can still play without?

If I wanted to install to a flash drive, how much memory am I looking at?

Thanks again

16GB or larger.

And no you will just play the game off of the disc instead of off the HDD if you do not install it.
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pazza_73 wrote: »
    Is this thread turning into the GTA forums? The amount of grief and moaning about not gertting the same early is unbelievable lol.

Whilst I secretly hoped I might get the game early from ShopTo, as long as I get it tomorrow, then I'll be happy.

Too many important things to do tonight anyway, so having the game would have been a serious distraction lol

If you think this thread is bad you should check Shopto's twitter, its hilarious! People saying how they've been customers for years and now they'll never use them again thanks to this "let down" Quite how not getting a game a day earlier is a let down is beyond me. And people slating them as theyve taken a day off work to play it today :D

I've always had orders from Shopto early in the past but this doesnt mean set its in stone. I preordered with them as I always have done, wasnt really thinking I'd get it earlier, the only thing I'm annoyed about is that I didnt think to check the prices closer to release date, could have got it cheaper somewhere else.
  • Options
    Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16GB or larger.

Christ.

I'll just use the disc I think. Got a couple of USB sticks but they're only a couple of GB.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SO, essentially, because of a bork and to avoid bugs, only one disc should be installed on the 360, meaning the drive will be reading the second disc whenever needed instead of everything being on the hard-drive and practically silent...

Coz of work/family I tend to mainly only play games wither late at night or early in the morning, noisy disc drives (even the not so noisy one on the 360 S) aren't brilliant... I might just see if I can swap my copy to PS3...
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    William65 wrote: »

Then get offline and get playing GTA V you saddo. ;)
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Hmm... I'm not 100% sure but I think other devs have managed to get around this in the past.

Is there an official announcement somewhere?

Yes Bungie did with Halo 3.

Just install it and enjoy it. If there are some horrendous streaming problems then just install one disk onto a USB device. I always tend to get better performance from external flash drives anyway so that's where it's going.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    If you think this thread is bad you should check Shopto's twitter, its hilarious! People saying how they've been customers for years and now they'll never use them again thanks to this "let down" Quite how not getting a game a day earlier is a let down is beyond me. And people slating them as theyve taken a day off work to play it today :D

I've always had orders from Shopto early in the past but this doesnt mean set its in stone. I preordered with them as I always have done, wasnt really thinking I'd get it earlier, the only thing I'm annoyed about is that I didnt think to check the prices closer to release date, could have got it cheaper somewhere else.

It is a bit of a let down for ShopTo though, I've always had games at least a day early. Now we're in the awkward situation where there's no actual guarantee of a delivery tomorrow either.
  • Options
    barneybbarneyb Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Oh poo.....I pre-ordered from Shopto and was half-expecting it to arrive today ,but that doesn't seem likely from reading this... ...never mind....as long as it arrives tomorow !!!!
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Then get offline and get playing GTA V you saddo. ;)

Agreed. The f**k is he still doing here if he has it? I call bullpoop. :p
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems the only folks who got it today are some people in Ireland. So it's all about tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ.

I'll just use the disc I think. Got a couple of USB sticks but they're only a couple of GB.

Cheers!
    R* say 8gb of space is required for installation, and since storage devices always have slightly less storage than they say you need a larger one.

You can get 16gb for under £10 now anyway.
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    According to Rockstar for PS3 it's just the install. No further download needed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Bungie did with Halo 3.

Thought another biggie was out there... so R* 'can' fix it if need be...
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Fix what? Install disk and play disk. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Thought another biggie was out there... so R* 'can' fix it if need be...

It's handled completely different, Bungie had an advantage with Microsoft, where the data was installed but treated as like DLC, here's it's essentially a huge department of the game that goes beyond 2GB anyway. But if you are worried about noise, don't be, the second disc is just Audio and Video streaming, the drive speeds will be running at under half on both consoles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boxx wrote: »
    Fix what? Install disk and play disk. Am I missing something?

From what I gathered from what Ash said, if you install both discs to the hard drive it will cause bugs... end of the earth etc. So only install the first disc and keep the second disc in the drive for it to access it whenever needed. Equals noisy drive issues for a lot of folk.
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    ...the second disc is just Audio and Video streaming, the drive speeds will be running at under half on both consoles.

Ah, gotcha.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are people making this sound hard lol
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a bit of a let down for ShopTo though, I've always had games at least a day early. Now we're in the awkward situation where there's no actual guarantee of a delivery tomorrow either.

I've always had games earlier too but to be fair to Shopto its not something they promise or guarantee, its just an unwritten assumption that you're likely to get it earlier with them than anyone else.

Could totally understand people kicking off if it doesnt turn up on release date tomorrow, just seems a bit OTT to be moaning to the levels some people are on twitter because its not come a day early.