Options

Talksport Chat (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe19 wrote: »
    The Twitter, Dave Love and other impressions on the Sports Bar are entertaining, especially Mike Graham's and Morgan Readman's yesterday.

Justin Moorhouse was good value on Drive earlier.

What in tarnation?
  • Options
    Adam_Jones2Adam_Jones2 Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    wrong thread.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 202,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As unfashionable as it is to say this on here, I've really warmed to The Sports Bar over the past six months

Diff, you really should get to bed after the night shift, rather than listen to , they schect .......... podcasts ..... :mad:
    What makes The Sports Bar worth listening is hearing reaction from callers coming back from matches or immediate discussion about the breaking back page headlines as the papers hit the press

5live is much better on the ear , rather than listening too they 2 muppets
    Maybe they could replace Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning on Sunday's edition of The Warm Up with Dave Love though? He couldn't be any worse that the current incumbents. ;)
    hells bells lovejoy
    Why dont we go the hole hog, & just get & ' hells bells lovejoyto do the gig, saving tS a few bob in precenters fees !! :eek:
  • Options
    ramageramage Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Moyes Brazils lovechild?.
    The man is obsessed with him.
  • Options
    Mallory99Mallory99 Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ramage wrote: »

Broadly I agree that it is ridiculous for eople to be getting on Moyes' back at this stage. This level of change will always take time to bed down and Moyes is a tough enough character to deal with it.

However, I don't think Brazil knows Moyes well. Must be a reason why Brazil is constantly trying to rim him.
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I don't know who he is. :o

You summed him up about perfect there Alli. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, however Colin Murray would, he can make you laugh, he is quick witted, on the ball and his voice is ok, I think DJ's who can make you smile, chris evans, johnny vaughan, chris Moyles and Steve Wright, they bring something to the morning, for me Brazil is boring, he should have the night time show to send you to sleep, but if he did that he would have to get pissed in the mornings !

Agreed, Colin Murray would be P-E-R-F-E-C-T for the breakfast show, intelligent, quick witted, smooth cool presentation the lot, trouble is he's all these things on the mid-morning show where I personally wouldn't want him uprooting from. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murray said on big Al's show, he doesn't trust any of this co-hosts
    it didn't sound like ' tongue & cheek' to me either

Then Boozie said the poor moose was getting bullied, by everyone today, by the producer, sandy, brian, .......... it doesn't take all the newbies long to blend in did it ? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terry12 wrote: »
    Alli-F wrote: »
    But has Beeky forgiven them? :confused::rolleyes:

I wouldn't.

The breakfast show needs a total overhaul.

The whole station needs a total overhaul.

Re: the bold part.
    Of course it does, it badly badly does, listen, I respect the views of every sincere poster on here, even when I disagree I still respect the opposite view because I just feel it's only right that you do that but still in all honesty I struggle to understand how some people can still think this show now into its 14th year is now anywhere near good enough to keep running much longer.

Alan Brazil's been very good over the years, he's always sounded good on radio, he's always been quite funny and he's given us all a lot of laughs admittedly not always intended but we've had them nonetheless because of his jack-the-lad playboy lifestyle but everything has to come to and end one day even the good things. :(

I just think like you it's high time for him to hang up his microphone and ISDN headphones and let fresh blood have a go, Al could then have a good longer retirement doing what he likes without having to worry about getting up early mornings and we could have hopefully a good show back on in the mornings and have something actually worth listening to. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ramage wrote: »

"Davie"? surely not, :p I think I've only heard Mr Brazil mention "Davie" about 1,500,000 times during the past couple of years so I'm not all that sure he really is a fan of "Davie". :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murray said on big Al's show, he doesn't trust any of this co-hosts
    it didn't sound like ' tongue & cheek' to me either

Then Boozie said the poor moose was getting bullied, by everyone today, by the producer, sandy, brian, .......... it doesn't take all the newbies long to blend in did it ? :rolleyes:

But it's all fine Sleeper as Ian Abrahams loves being ridiculed and digged at on air it's the sole reason he's made a name for himself as opposed to all the many other faceless sports radio journos who can't get a gig because they don't stand out like Abrahams now does.
    Moose's probably got 14 O levels, 12 A levels, 3 university diplomas in various broadcasting fields and for all I know MFI and B&Q awards but he wouldn't want us to know any of that preferring to act the thick bullied oaf on air for his bit of fame. :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    franchisefranchise Posts: 1,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As unfashionable as it is to say this on here, I've really warmed to The Sports Bar over the past six months BUT the format as it stands just wouldn't work on Breakfast.

I've gone the other way, For whatever reason, Goldstein's "opinions" are so obviously clouded by bias for whatever football friends he's made in the media, that I can't listen without becoming infuriated.

I've even flicked over to Gold to listen to the same 100 old songs over and over again!
    Billy244 wrote: »
    But it's all fine Sleeper as Ian Abrahams loves being ridiculed and digged at on air it's the sole reason he's made a name for himself as opposed to all the many other faceless sports radio journos who can't get a gig because they don't stand out like Abrahams now does.
    Moose's probably got 14 O levels, 12 A levels, 3 university diplomas in various broadcasting fields and for all I know MFI and B&Q awards but he wouldn't want us to know any of that preferring to act the thick bullied oaf on air for his bit of fame. :rolleyes: :p

The 'bullying' masks the fact that he's not very good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it's all fine Sleeper as Ian Abrahams loves being ridiculed and digged at on air it's the sole reason he's made a name for himself as opposed p

you love banging the drum about getting rid of boozie, 14 yrs this 14 yrs that

How long have they been moose bashing, surely its time for him to grow -up & move on ? :confused:
  • Options
    Mallory99Mallory99 Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've asked this time and again: Why do they use Mark Bosnich as a pundit? He left united many, many years ago and as he lives in Aus he see the prem games on the box like most people, so why the fascination?

I see Brazil is boasting about golfing trips again. Who cares if he plays at Centurion or anywhere else?

He was asking Lineker about an exclusive club when he was on and you could tell that Gary was thinking WTF?
  • Options
    clayton_stclayton_st Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Brazil is obsessed with trying to make "wee Davey" sound like a good manager.
    He was quoting stats which compared Moysies start at ManU with other managers who started at OTrafford.
    What he didn't realise(or deliberately ignored) was that these managers started from a different place to Moysey in that he got a team which had just won the Prem easily whereas most of the others took over a team mid table or worse.
    The program today seemed to be 90% splurging about the fact that ManU won 1-0 in a mediocre game in a Cup that fergie was n't really interested in yet Moysey went beserk at the end as if he's won the Euro Cup.
  • Options
    ahoymeisterahoymeister Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give me Brazil over Murray any day of the week. Given it a good try now and I'm afraid I simply can't stand him or his programme. Odd really as I didn't mind him on MOTD2. If I posted the opinion of some of my friends on the show here, I'd become an 'inactive member' quicker than you could say Gouldfather. I think I have an allergy to 'banter'.
  • Options
    clayton_stclayton_st Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm beginning to like the Colin Murray show.
    At least he tries to bring a different sound to the radio than all the other cliche driven garbage issued from the other denizens at TS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like 'The Chair Of Truth' on the mid morning show would any other show on talksport dare do something like this?, I think no chance. A couple of protests this morning against Colin Murray was him coming back from the fire escape every time they've been off air to smoke a **** and return stinking of cigarettes. Another thing was him laughing too much at callers when they've not even said anything funny and another was him constantly looking over his spectacles when he's talking to his co-presenters is he wearing them for fashion reasons it was asked.
    Murray answered back later he's trying to stop smoking and sucks mints to try and keep the smell down, he was totally unaware of looking over the rim of his glasses and would keep that in mind and he said he'd look into the thing about laughing at things callers say in future.
    All three presenters took a turn I'm just mentioning one turn here you can hear the lot on the website player. (sometime just after 10.30)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clayton_st wrote: »
    I'm beginning to like the Colin Murray show.
    At least he tries to bring a different sound to the radio than all the other cliche driven garbage issued from the other denizens at TS.

It's just good radio isn't it, honest decent radio by a professional who doesn't sit there bull$hitting like most of the motley crew there.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just good radio isn't it, honest decent radio by a professional who doesn't sit there bull$hitting like most of the motley crew there.

Agreed.

Colin Murray has brought me back to TS.

I really like his show & I think the management have got it right by pairing him with a different guest host each day too.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the trouble with Colin Murray is that he makes the rest of the station's output look really poor and dated.

It shows how brilliant music DJs can be really good on a talk radio show. My favourite radio 5 presenter is Mark Chapman and he also came from radio 1, so maybe someone like Chris Moyles could be really good at this. He's a massive sports fan too, he loves his football and rugby league. He was really good interviewing Jake Humphrey for the formula 1 too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I have given up on TALKsport and havent listened to one little bit in the past 3-4 weeks.
    Theres just nothing that I like anymore, Im tired of it and it would need a massive overhaul if I were to comeback.
    I know people all have their favourites and I respect their views, Its just not for me anymore.
    I still pop on here and have a look to see whats going on, im just glad im saving my ears!!
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darreldo wrote: »
    I have given up on TALKsport and havent listened to one little bit in the past 3-4 weeks.
    Theres just nothing that I like anymore, Im tired of it and it would need a massive overhaul if I were to comeback.
    I know people all have their favourites and I respect their views, Its just not for me anymore.
    I still pop on here and have a look to see whats going on, im just glad im saving my ears!!

Have you listened to Colin Murray's show?

I was like you in that I have hardly listened in the last year & a 1/4.

I must admit that still conducted what I called 'dip-ins' just to find out if there was anything that I caught my ear, but never any sustained listening like I used to previously.

Colin Murray's show is the only I now listen to full-time as it's good radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.

Colin Murray has brought me back to TS.

I really like his show & I think the management have got it right by pairing him with a different guest host each day too.

Your right Syntax it brings variety to the show.
  • Options
    jamie smith909jamie smith909 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Have you listened to Colin Murray's show?

I was like you in that I have hardly listened in the last year & a 1/4.

I must admit that still conducted what I called 'dip-ins' just to find out if there was anything that I caught my ear, but never any sustained listening like I used to previously.

Colin Murray's show is the only I now listen to full-time as it's good radio.

I really hate it, I turned on today and they were talking about sailing, then cycling then some next rubbish. His banter is so lame, really is, makes me miss Keys & Gray.

The whole ratings success with TS has been Football, stick to that. I want football chat all day ! Murray is doing the old BBC trick ie: don't give them what they want, give them what they SHOULD want.

That's just my opinion,I'm not knocking anyone who likes it , but it's not for me. I still like Brazil, Drive & Saggers.
This discussion has been closed.