Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 27)

Comments

• Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nosedive wrote: »
    A Steve Allen mug eh? Bet not many people have got one of those. Said 2007 on it. I was still into listening very heavily to his show then. Don't remember them being mentioned as prizes.

The mugs were sold if you went to one of his 'Bitch is Back' shows. I was a mug and bought one. :o Not sure if I still have it though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the basement where there is a passage through to Chinchin's dungeon.

Indeed. At the moment I am torturing Boy George, Tre Azam and Dr Pam Spurr. :D
  • Options
    thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    I thought LL was universally panned on here?

No way Kiko. The Lambster is doing a great job at LBC!
  • Options
    Mel O'DramaMel O'Drama Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    Good Grief, can broadcasting get any worse than the Larry Lamb programme ... rhetorical question btw. :rolleyes:

Absolutely ghastly, like listening to the worst excesses of the red tops.

Radio Four or Jazz FM here I come.
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thewilson wrote: »
    No way Kiko. The Lambster is doing a great job at LBC!

I'm a fan of Mr Lamb's show too, he's a great addition to the LBC presenters line up.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    chinchin wrote: »
    The mugs were sold if you went to one of his 'Bitch is Back' shows. I was a mug and bought one. :o Not sure if I still have it though.

How much did they cost?
  • Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    A heavily pregnant (it seems) Steve Allen gives a 5 minute tour of the Global premises.

Looks quite posh!

http://youtu.be/V8RbcyfY-SI

I was shocked that it looked so much like the inside of a block of offices.

Radio looked like radio in the 1970s.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    I'm a fan of Mr Lamb's show too, he's a great addition to the LBC presenters line up.
    :rolleyes:

Yes, Poppet I am sure you think he is. I should be presenting that show.
    S.Allen
  • Options
    balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was shocked that it looked so much like the inside of a block of offices.

Radio looked like radio in the 1970s.

I did seem rather sterile and rather soulless the area where the presenters research their topics is just computer screens not a book in sight.

All in all, bit like a call centre in reverse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it looked soulless also, just like the Tory party it so consistently promotes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought LL was universally panned on here?

The man is put on as a sop to the left , but is embarrassingly fake and poor IMHO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much did they cost?

Sorry I don't remember after all these years. Maybe a tenner?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    From all accounts James was sticking up for fox-hunting, so maybe he is off because of all the flack he must have got?
  • Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
  • Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,227
    Forum Member
    Hurrah! It's Nick Abbot (and Amanda) Friday. I hope he gives us a rest from energy prices! :(

One of the recycled topics on Christo's show.
  • Options
    balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    I thought it looked soulless also, just like the Tory party it so consistently promotes.

I don't think sticking up a few posters of Arthur Scargill and a morning singalong of "The Red Flag" would help much.:)
  • Options
    TragicDoggieTragicDoggie Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About to have a rant with NF...phone packed up again..am i being bugged?...

You posted the above at 17:15 Hours on Thursday Oct 17th.

I thought that NF went Off Air at 10 am :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe there weren't callers wanting to speak on the subject.

How has he destroyed Mystery Hour, a feature he invented for the radio?

HE makes HIS rather than let callers give the answers:confused:...JOB has a tendacy more than any other presenter to introduce a topic and go on and on and on before any caller is put through!:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LL didn't seem to know.

Mentioned day before he was doing something with his Mum
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting stuff on Iain Dale's blog.
    My job leads me to meet some interesting people. This week I interviewed Princess of Michael of Kent about her new novel, The Queen of Four Kingdoms. We were sent a protocol sheet in advance which instructed us what to call her and how to bow. Never having been very good at any form of forelock tugging I indulged in more of a crick of the neck than a bow, and never once uttered the words ‘Your Royal Highness’, or even worse, ‘Ma’am’, as in spam. She didn’t seem to mind and we got on famously. Indeed, not only did I find her an engaging interviewee, I couldn’t help but think for a woman of 68 she really is incredibly beautiful. You can hear the interview tonight on LBC at 7.30pm. ]Next week, Katie Price. Honest.
    This weekend I am off to Dubrovnik, which is apparently called the jewel of the Adriatic. The reason for my trip is that on Monday I am giving a keynote speech to the annual conference of the Association of British Travel Agents. Luckily, ABTA have nicer venues for the conferences than political parties seem to go for!
    Because I will still be in Dubrovnik, I’ve got the night off from my LBC radio show on Monday evening. But would I leave you with four hours of radio silence? No Sirreee. For one night only, standing in for me is …. Cue drumroll …. Alastair Campbell. This happened once before.
    Next Thursday at 7pm I’m hosting a new hour long segment on my LBC drivetime show called The LBC Parliament. Each week we’ll be having three panellists in the studio from across the political spectrum – not always politicians – and they’ll be taking questions from our listeners. On the first show we’ve got Polly Toynbee, John Redwood and Charlie Falconer followed the week after by Lynne Featherstone, Charles Clarke and Peter Sissons. Future panellists include Hilary Devey, Melanie Phillips, Sir Christopher Meyer, Jeremy Hunt, Neil Hamilton, Lord Levy and a whole host more
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You posted the above at 17:15 Hours on Thursday Oct 17th.

I thought that NF went Off Air at 10 am :)

It was referring to his time slot...:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting stuff on Iain Dale's blog.

Campbell:mad::mad::mad: Sooner drink bleach than listen to one word out of his over sized gob:(
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    There seems to be an extended news item on human trafficking instead of Ian Collins at the moment.
  • Options
    coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    There seems to be an extended news item on human trafficking instead of Ian Collins at the moment.

Iain mentioned earlier there would be a special programme on it tonight. I'm not sure why?
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Good Grief, can broadcasting get any worse than the Larry Lamb programme ... rhetorical question btw. :rolleyes:

Absolutely ghastly, like listening to the worst excesses of the red tops.

Radio Four or Jazz FM here I come.

I've switched to Radio 5 Live and only tune into LBC for the likes of David and Ken plus Ian Collins.
This discussion has been closed.