Options

Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• Options
    kqvkqv Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Wow, being on here again is weiiiird. I don't think I've been signed on for six months?? I'm actually a bit nervous about posting again. Which is understandable, given what a hostile environment this always was :sleep:

Anyway, hope everyone is well!

I made a few things... soooo. Sorry about incomplete Tumblr, literally just made it yesterday to upload these. :)

Basically, this is to celebrate the incredible romantic sides of Christian and Syed.

This one was made for 'personal reasons' (I labelled the files 'realsyed', ha.)

On a related note... (I made this one FOREVER ago).

And this was just something cute I picked up on watching random clips a few weeks ago (something I hadn't done in forever.)

I'll probably make more if people like them. Or even if you don't, I had way too much fun doing them. :o Especially with the romance ones, lol.

These are marvelous!!! So funny and touching, full of memories! :)
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    I think we should continue to enjoy MQ love too. :)
    So I dug THIS out from aaaaages ago.

Thank you Alex, lovely! I'm so annoyed I can't get into my photobucket account, blinking typical. I should have tested it earlier in the week, haven't been on there in so long though, really hope I've not lost it for good.

Thanks Clarkey, for the comments on my Forehead Kiss post. :)
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    Found the original ep posts from the first thread if anyone's interested! Clealry our ep commentary improved and got more detailed as things progressed.... :p

Thanks so much, will save for read a bit later!
    Wow, being on here again is weiiiird. I don't think I've been signed on for six months?? I'm actually a bit nervous about posting again. Which is understandable, given what a hostile environment this always was :sleep:

I made a few things... soooo. Sorry about incomplete Tumblr, literally just made it yesterday to upload these. :)

Basically, this is to celebrate the incredible romantic sides of Christian and Syed.

And this was just something cute I picked up on watching random clips a few weeks ago (something I hadn't done in forever.)

I'll probably make more if people like them. Or even if you don't, I had way too much fun doing them. :o Especially with the romance ones, lol.

Hello Steph!! Thanks so much for all of these. eta....just opened them all - AMAZING, thank you so much!! So funny and the wedding one is beautiful! :D
    Wow it's really great to see so many old faces popping on.

A big Hello to Mudsie too.
  • Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Signed MQ fight script
    Christian and Syed's fight in the Masala Queen unit on 13th July 2009 was a pivotal point in their relationship, where Syed admits his previous experiences with men as well as his determination to deny that part of himself. Christian also opens up about his wish to have something more than an endless string of one night stands.

If you would like to own a copy of the full episode script of Christian and Syed's fight in the Masala Queen unit from 13th July 2009, signed by the writer Nick Hicks-Beach, then go click HERE and put in a bid.

2) Signed Reunion script
    Christian and Syed first met on 1st May 2009. It only took them about six weeks to lock lips, but it wasn't until over a year of on-off falling out and making up, pushing away and coming together, that Syed FINALLY walked out on his family to be with Christian.

If you would like to own a copy of the full episode script of Christian and Syed's reunion from 16th July 2010, signed by the writer Nick Hicks-Beach, then go click HERE and put in a bid.
    Charity Auctions - Item 3

3) Special Mystery Item!
    I shall be revealing clues about what this item might or might not be throughout the weekend. Its full identity will be revealed by the official end of the celebrations.

All I shall say for now is that the person who contributed it is totally awesome.

If you fancy a bit of pot luck, then start the bidding early HERE.

4) Charity Donations
    It would be really nice if we could raise as much money for good causes as possible this weekend, although we set ourselves quite a high bar last year by raising over a thousand pounds! However, every little helps.

Katrina's Chryed fundraising page for Stonewall and Lyra's Johnny P fundraising page for the Terrence Higgins Trust are always open. It would be nice if anyone donating this weekend could mention that it's for our Chryed Cyber Celebration in the message.

And if anyone would like to donate to Imaan, you can PayPal me using alex@alexandrataylor.co.uk. As they are not a registered charity, it's not possible to set up a Just Giving page, but make sure you mark your payment as 'Imaan donation' and I will make sure they get any money given.

And if none of that is going to work for you, contact me on the above email address and I'm sure we can come to some sort of arrangement. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry I'm too much of a wimp to watch NYD as well! :o

Instead I'll post this which is on my best scenes document, thank goodness I saved it! I put Forehead Kiss at number 5 in a top 15 clips survey, (can't remember who held it sorry)

5)Forehead Kiss/It’s All Ok – never was anything less ok. Still the most heartbreaking bit of the storyline for me, Christian being totally selfless, letting Syed go, telling him what he needs to hear, you can see they are both destroyed. The line about ‘it’s an Asian thing’ – I sobbed out loud at this point, along with Christian. Syed realising he’s made his prison, for himself and Amira. Christian looking like his life is over and probably feeling it at that moment. The cinematography is great, with the stained glass window behind them giving it a religious feel to the moment, a moment of holy sacrifice through love. Syed’s bowed head, Christian’s gentle kiss on the forehead, almost parental, nurturing noble and kind. Syed’s face as he watches the man he loves walk away, the realisation of what he’s done, and he’s lost his mother’s love – all the sacrifice has been for nothing. Stunning piece of TV.

:cry::cry::cry:

*heart breaks*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mudsie wrote: »
    Don't have anything new to say about the MQ scene, but it is one of the clips that I never tire of watching. The humour, the tension, the anger, the double meanings, the serious chat, it's all great. Christian so has Sy figured out, too, lol.

I like to contrast this one with the scene from December 2009 where Mas is getting Amira to take Zee out shopping. The boys are so happy that they are going to have some alone time, the smiles on their faces are wonderful. What a difference a few months made!

Still crack up at the chutney design that ends up on Christian's shirt!

"Don't hit me with dahl!" is one of my fave lines.

Great episode!
    Random observation: I just can't seem to get over how LOADED with substance and meaning every single word, pause and tone of voice in MQfight/Kitchen floor talk is.
    /I don't have to tell you that
    :sleep:

Thank you so much for this. You worded it better than I can ever dream of doing.

It's one of my two alternative favourite scenes. Adore it, and it breaks me all at the same time in true Chryedian style :sleep: :cool:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!mt, you're heeeere!! So good to see you, and thank you for every one of these.
    Laaarved them, esp. the romance ones. They are true romantics, Christian and Syed are... :sleep:

More fantastic MQ fight thoughts, thanks! :)
  • Options
    rome81rome81 Posts: 4,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

These are great MT, thank you :D

BIB1: Love it, HA! :cool:

BIB2: It's team Chryed :D
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I love love love MQ fight so much. I rewatched it recently for the first time in forever, and I had GENUINELY forgotten how good it was. It happened with a lot of stuff, tbh. I guess I got used to a certain level of quality wrt Chryed and readjusting it from 'I suppose this is acceptable' to 'actually, genuinely good' was a bit of a shock.

But the dialogue is so witty, so sharp and their dynamic was just exactly spot-on. I can't believe how early on it is, and how their relationship and characterisation is just so consistent with what comes afterwards. You would think that you would look back to early stuff, and they hadn't quite decided what Syed was going to be like, what their relationship was going to be like. But you look back and that, and it's just them. So much of the way I read Christian and Syed's relationship dynamic comes from that scene. I wish we'd seen more stuff like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Thanks,Jen! Sorry I was slow getting that posted. So many great thoughts from everyone, trying to read them all.

-Mary

Good to see you here, thank you! x
    I think we should continue to enjoy MQ love too. :)
    So I dug THIS out from aaaaages ago.

This is great, thanks :)
    5)Forehead Kiss/It’s All Ok – never was anything less ok. Still the most heartbreaking bit of the storyline for me, Christian being totally selfless, letting Syed go, telling him what he needs to hear, you can see they are both destroyed. The line about ‘it’s an Asian thing’ – I sobbed out loud at this point, along with Christian. Syed realising he’s made his prison, for himself and Amira. Christian looking like his life is over and probably feeling it at that moment. The cinematography is great, with the stained glass window behind them giving it a religious feel to the moment, a moment of holy sacrifice through love. Syed’s bowed head, Christian’s gentle kiss on the forehead, almost parental, nurturing noble and kind. Syed’s face as he watches the man he loves walk away, the realisation of what he’s done, and he’s lost his mother’s love – all the sacrifice has been for nothing. Stunning piece of TV.

Great desciptions Starfish, MQ & here, thanks, and BIB, interesting thought, at that moment!

mt, hello, great to see you! :). and these are brilliant, Lol :D, and great (& important) memories
    Don't have anything new to say about the MQ scene, but it is one of the clips that I never tire of watching. The humour, the tension, the anger, the double meanings, the serious chat, it's all great. Christian so has Sy figured out, too, lol.

I like to contrast this one with the scene from December 2009 where Mas is getting Amira to take Zee out shopping. The boys are so happy that they are going to have some alone time, the smiles on their faces are wonderful. What a difference a few months made!

Still crack up at the chutney design that ends up on Christian's shirt!

"Don't hit me with dahl!"
    is one of my fave lines.

Great episode!

BIB, great to remember this, loved their smiles then! Thanks
  • Options
    ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kqv wrote: »
    More fantastic MQ fight thoughts, thanks! :)

Aw, thank you! :D
    Oh, I love love love MQ fight so much. I rewatched it recently for the first time in forever, and I had GENUINELY forgotten how good it was. It happened with a lot of stuff, tbh. I guess I got used to a certain level of quality wrt Chryed and readjusting it from 'I suppose this is acceptable' to 'actually, genuinely good' was a bit of a shock.

But the dialogue is so witty, so sharp and their dynamic was just exactly spot-on. I can't believe how early on it is, and how their relationship and characterisation is just so consistent with what comes afterwards. You would think that you would look back to early stuff, and they hadn't quite decided what Syed was going to be like, what their relationship was going to be like. But you look back and that, and it's just them. So much of the way I read Christian and Syed's relationship dynamic comes from that scene. I wish we'd seen more stuff like that.

This so much (as per!)
    I'd actually forgotten a bit about it as well, and it's sort of amazing coming back to it and be able to say "Yes, it actually was that good. It really was."

Everything is just SO spot on in that scene, the wit, humour, the genuine care that's there between them, the dynamics (between them with their respective mindsets and within their respective characters and their hopes and dreams and thoughts about their lives), the attraction... I could go on.

It really does set EVERYTHING that's to come for the entire year ahead up perfectly. Shows that there really was a plan for that whole year and shows what having an actual arc for two characters and a storyline can do for a scene.
    /Sorry... rambling again :o

ETA: Mudsie "Don't hit me with dahl" is one of my absolute faves as well :D :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the schedule, we should currently be engaged in reminiscence - memories from the thread, funny posts, etc.

I'm really useless at finding old stuff, but if anyone can dig out anything about Shane, I shall be eternally grateful. Like you wouldn't believe! Obviously, without blowing his new identity. We don't want to get in trouble with the FBI...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Sorry I'm too much of a wimp to watch NYD as well! :o

Instead I'll post this which is on my best scenes document, thank goodness I saved it! I put Forehead Kiss at number 5 in a top 15 clips survey, (can't remember who held it sorry)

Starfish this is an absolutely wonderful analysis of this scene, which really is a total heartbreaker. Sometimes when I watch it, I think that Christian should have walked out of the hotel and gone to Heathrow to catch that flight to Florida. But that would have been the real life version, not the soap opera script, lol.

I can appreciate why some can't watch the NYD episodes but I must admit that I love them. I love the drama, the angst, the heartbreak. The writing, acting, direction, was all so brilliant, I love seeing it again. Chryed alone in the café, Zainab learning the truth, Syed desperate for his mother's love, Christian not being able to make himself stop the wedding and then kissing Syed and letting him go, it's soap opera, or tv drama in general, at its very best. (The kind of scenes I don't really like to watch are ones like Amira's return in Fall 2011- she was such a f'ing bitch to Christian, I always want to throw things at the tv/laptop screen!! lol)
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the schedule, we should currently be engaged in reminiscence - memories from the thread, funny posts, etc.

I'm really useless at finding old stuff, but if anyone can dig out anything about Shane, I shall be eternally grateful. Like you wouldn't believe! Obviously, without blowing his new identity. We don't want to get in trouble with the FBI...

I would like to see this too...also, if anyone comes across anything about the podcasts too I'd be grateful! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    I would like to see this too...also, if anyone comes across anything about the podcasts too I'd be grateful! :D

I've got the podcasts downloaded, but I have no idea how to put them online so that other people can access them.
    Can you upload audio to YouTube?
    Anyone technical out there, I am on a Macbook Air and they're in my iTunes as MPEG audio files.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My time to shine. :cool: (not about the Shane stuff, I was around but not really involved in that. I'll be able to find something if someone doesn't beat me to it, though).

I think I bookmarked this because I was impressed with myself.

Oh, Jesus Christ. I laughed so hard when I found this.

I saved this for obvious reasons. Note the date. Let's all blame elphie. She tempted fate.

Greatest complaint on Earth

I can't imagine why I saved this...

Or this. (rhyming bilious with oblivious: 10/10)

For all the crappy, ill-informed, poorly-researched, occasionally downright insulting articles we had to deal with over the years, here's a palette cleanser

This is just hilarious. :o She has a point...

The best thing ever.

edit: okay, Shane! This is a pretty good summary.

I also found this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm back!!

Must catch up, but before I do, I see we're talking thread memories, etc..

One of the best things was the "theme nights" we sometimes did, everybody posting screen caps... the best one I remember was the "hands" one..

No idea how I can find any of that back... it was so nice though. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

This is the best description ever...the whole post is, but the BIB sums it up exactly! Thanks! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your comments Mudsie, kqv and Meg_icy. :)

Been uploading some pics to a different photobucket account, (thank goodness I have 2) so here is forehead kiss. :cry: So beautiful.

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r591/PrevailingLove/ForeheadKiss_zpscd804866.png
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually have to go out now (gutted because I'll be missing the first part of NHB's interview!) but I'll leave you with some links I have saved from past threads..

VF's OCRAs (Jan 2011)
    CC's Chryedian Survey (May 2011)
    Chickky's Chryedian Survey (Dec 2011)
    Fake Spoiler/Wheely chair night (September 2011)

The start of the panto madness (Jan 2012)

mt's clothing count for 2009!Syed
    My clothing count for 2010!Syed
    Chickky's clothing count for 2011!Syed

And I found my own thread memory post - here!

Also, technically not thread related, but this is always going to be my favourite thread aside from WFCTGIO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh look.... Hands night....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    I actually have to go out now (gutted because I'll be missing the first part of NHB's interview!) but I'll leave you with some links I have saved from past threads..

VF's OCRAs (Jan 2011)
    CC's Chryedian Survey (May 2011)
    Chickky's Chryedian Survey (Dec 2011)
    Fake Spoiler/Wheely chair night (September 2011)

The start of the panto madness (Jan 2012)

mt's clothing count for 2009!Syed
    My clothing count for 2010!Syed
    Chickky's clothing count for 2011!Syed

And I found my own thread memory post - here!

Also, technically not thread related, but this is always going to be my favourite thread aside from WFCTGIO.

I knew what that was going to be before I opened it. :D /so cool

Oh, Fake Spoiler Night. You nearly killed me off, so you did. Amazing stuff. Not going near it, because my mother already thinks I'm mad...
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I see lots of Chryedians

What have I missed...? :D
  • Options
    ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh, Fake Spoiler Night. You nearly killed me off, so you did. Amazing stuff. Not going near it, because my mother already thinks I'm mad...

I'm really going now, but yeah, fake spoiler night...If it's the one where there were also scenarios with Masood, Yusef, Qadim and the wheely chair? I caught up with that the next morning. In a public library as it happened. Nuff said. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haha! I still re-read it because it is so funny. It became even funnier once I'd actually seen Johnny live and heard how fantastic his voice is.

We were on top form that night. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My time to shine. :cool: (not about the Shane stuff, I was around but not really involved in that. I'll be able to find something if someone doesn't beat me to it, though).

I think I bookmarked this because I was impressed with myself.

Oh, Jesus Christ. I laughed so hard when I found this.

I saved this for obvious reasons. Note the date. Let's all blame elphie. She tempted fate.

Greatest complaint on Earth

I can't imagine why I saved this...

Or this. (rhyming bilious with oblivious: 10/10)

For all the crappy, ill-informed, poorly-researched, occasionally downright insulting articles we had to deal with over the years, here's a palette cleanser

This is just hilarious. :o She has a point...

The best thing ever.

edit: okay, Shane! This is a pretty good summary.

I also found this.

I am laughing so hard at these! Thank you. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All this! It totally sets them up, wonderful dynamics. Thanks for all the hilarious links btw, just read them all! LOL :D
    Aw, thank you! :D
    This so much (as per!)
    I'd actually forgotten a bit about it as well, and it's sort of amazing coming back to it and be able to say "Yes, it actually was that good. It really was."

Everything is just SO spot on in that scene, the wit, humour, the genuine care that's there between them, the dynamics (between them with their respective mindsets and within their respective characters and their hopes and dreams and thoughts about their lives), the attraction... I could go on.

It really does set EVERYTHING that's to come for the entire year ahead up perfectly. Shows that there really was a plan for that whole year and shows what having an actual arc for two characters and a storyline can do for a scene.

/Sorry... rambling again :o

ETA: Mudsie "Don't hit me with dahl" is one of my absolute faves as well :D :cool:

I totally agree that it set it all up, and there was most definitely a plan, what a difference a plan makes, really shows doesn't it?

Thanks Jenn for all the memory lane links, will have a look later on. :)