Options

Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• Options
    kqvkqv Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    Oh I see lots of Chryedians

What have I missed...? :D

Hi Katrina, glad you are here!!! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh goodness....just watched MQ fight. Physically had to stop myself from hugging my screen. Feeling super emotional. And realizing that after all this time, I still know practically each word, each intonation, each pause, each facial expression.... This is definitely Chryed at its best. And don't they both look gorgeous.
  • Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KATRINAAAAAAAAAA! :D

What have you missed?
    Well, the launch of our charity auctions, a MQ fight rewatch, discussion about what Chryed are up to now (we agreed it was canon that they are my friends and neighbours and I babysit Yasmin on occasion. :sleep: ) and we are now in the midst of thread reminiscing.

Which is where I have disappeared to, because all these links also have links to other pages and pics and vids and I don't want to miss anything!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway, hope everyone is well!

I made a few things... soooo. Sorry about incomplete Tumblr, literally just made it yesterday to upload these. :)

Basically, this is to celebrate the incredible romantic sides of Christian and Syed.

This one was made for 'personal reasons' (I labelled the files 'realsyed', ha.)

On a related note... (I made this one FOREVER ago).

And this was just something cute I picked up on watching random clips a few weeks ago (something I hadn't done in forever.)

I'll probably make more if people like them. Or even if you don't, I had way too much fun doing them. :o Especially with the romance ones, lol.

PMSL at these! How i've missed your wit MT :p
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree that it set it all up, and there was most definitely a plan, what a difference a plan makes, really shows doesn't it?

Absolutely. The initial storyline was like an intricate painting, taken with care and sensitivity. Yeah, sometimes their hands slipped and there were blots, but the overall piece was still pretty damn good even though it wasn't perfect.

Once BK took over, it was more like someone swinging a paint can about. Sometimes, they got lucky and the paint stuck to the canvas and it looked pretty good, but the overall painting was still a mess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My time to shine. :cool: (not about the Shane stuff, I was around but not really involved in that. I'll be able to find something if someone doesn't beat me to it, though).

I think I bookmarked this because I was impressed with myself.

Oh, Jesus Christ. I laughed so hard when I found this.

I saved this for obvious reasons. Note the date. Let's all blame elphie. She tempted fate.

Greatest complaint on Earth

I can't imagine why I saved this...

Or this. (rhyming bilious with oblivious: 10/10)

For all the crappy, ill-informed, poorly-researched, occasionally downright insulting articles we had to deal with over the years, here's a palette cleanser

This is just hilarious. :o She has a point...

The best thing ever.

edit: okay, Shane! This is a pretty good summary.

I also found this.

Thank you for this....I am getting behind because I just read all these again...my stomach hurts from laughing so hard!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My time to shine. :cool: (not about the Shane stuff, I was around but not really involved in that. I'll be able to find something if someone doesn't beat me to it, though).

I think I bookmarked this because I was impressed with myself.

Oh, Jesus Christ. I laughed so hard when I found this.

I saved this for obvious reasons. Note the date. Let's all blame elphie. She tempted fate.

Greatest complaint on Earth

I can't imagine why I saved this...

Or this. (rhyming bilious with oblivious: 10/10)

For all the crappy, ill-informed, poorly-researched, occasionally downright insulting articles we had to deal with over the years, here's a palette cleanser

This is just hilarious. :o She has a point...

The best thing ever.

edit: okay, Shane! This is a pretty good summary.

I also found this.

thank you:D Brillant. The complaint still makes me howl with laughter...really. Oh God the hours of endless amusment from that
    :D
    that bastard Shane still has my Attitude mag:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What have I missed...? :D

Hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:D
    I'm really going now, but yeah, fake spoiler night...If it's the one where there were also scenarios with Masood, Yusef, Qadim and the wheely chair? I caught up with that the next morning. In a public library as it happened. Nuff said. :sleep:

bye. come back soon. Miss you:(
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »
    Oh goodness....just watched MQ fight. Physically had to stop myself from hugging my screen. Feeling super emotional. And realizing that after all this time, I still know practically each word, each intonation, each pause, each facial expression.... This is definitely Chryed at its best. And don't they both look gorgeous.

Lovely description!
    Oh look.... Hands night....

Thank you for this, have bookmarked it!

What have I missed...?
    :D

Hiya Katrina!

Just been having a look at the panto madness link that Jenn posted, and here is the exact page where our meeting of Johnny starts.....such great fun reading this.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1610908&page=8 Thread 237, near the bottom of page 8.

So strange to think this was many of us meeting each other as well, for the first time. :) Amazing. :D
  • Options
    MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    Talking of thread memories, one of my favourite moments was when Sharon let slip about the bed scene :p Our reactions were priceless! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    extreme homosexuality was like a gift, she was so funny..I wonder if she ever found out how much that phrase came to mean to us:D

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee extreme homosexuality

did someone swear and say BK...:sleep: I know he gave us the bed scene and that was such a gift, but really the man was overall a total disaster
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Chryed Quiz -revisited! (from 2012) :)

Well, back in *coughApril2012cough* I posted a 100 Question Chryed Quiz for everyone...with some help from lots of you for epic questions, thank you!
    A big thank you to so many of you for taking part!

I may or may not have got slightly distracted and never got around to posting the results :sleep: *whistles guiltily* :o, I'm sorry......so, Here they are!!

-Firstly, if you weren't here at the time, and fancy testing your Chryed knowledge....here's the link to the quiz questions.
    -Or, have a try at it again maybe, to see how much you remember, 18 months later?! You could test yourself against your old score, below?
    (/I know when I complied the results -eventually, I'd forgotten the answers to questions, and it was my d*mn quiz, ha! :p).

100 Chryed Questions:

Chryed Quiz, 2012: Questions - Parts 1 to 9
    Chryed Quiz, 2012: Questions - Replacement for part 10
    (nb. Tip: I'd keep a tally of your scores, per part, as you go through).

Results -your scores!:

So, on to the results!
    (nb. all names are listed as you entered them, or chose to leave it blank. All scores collated from parts 1-10, or where parts were missing, these are shown).

Now, as 2012 was an Olympic year, lets have the top three results in Medal-winning positions....there are some seriously impressive scores out of 100 here!

Gold, Silver and Bronze - the top 3...Congratulations!
    Gold: kqv, 97
    Silver: Elphie, 93
    Bronze: mt, 92

The Top 50 results -amazing scores!, and thank you all so much for taking part back then. Scores out of 100:
    1. kqv, 97 (All 10 parts)
    2. Elphie, 93 (All 10 parts)
    3. mt, 92 (All 10 parts)
    4. JN, 90 (All 10 parts)
    5. Jenn123, 89 (All 10 parts)
    6. Lovesy, 88 (All 10 parts)
    7. Teapot2, 88 (All 10 parts)
    8. Carla, 87 (All 10 parts)
    9. Cazza80, 87, (All 10 parts)
    10. Laura, 87, (All 10 parts)
    11. Sylae, 87, (All 10 parts)
    12. Zoetje, 83, (missing part 10)
    13. Starfish, 82, (All 10 parts)
    14. MsUnderstood, 81, (missing part 10)
    15. Sarah, 81, (All 10 parts)
    16. Cooookaaay, 80, (missing part 10)
    17. Chutneyed , 79, (All 10 parts)
    18. ardchoile, 77, (All 10 parts)
    19. clarkia, 76, (missing part 10)
    20. AlexinBrum, 75, (missing part 10)
    21. Karen b, 75, (missing part 10)
    22. ---, 74, (missing part 10)
    23. Ersky, 74, (All 10 parts)
    24. CheeseString, 72, (All 10 parts)
    25. LurkerBells, 72, (missing part 10)
    26. pinkteddy, 72, (missing part 10)
    27. Romeo, 72, (missing part 10)
    28. AussieEnder, 71, (All 10 parts)
    29. ChryedAreMyLife , 71 (All 10 parts)
    30. Jodie, 70, (missing part 10)
    31. Mary, 70, (missing part 10)
    32. KatrinaK, 69, (missing part 10)
    33. Flumps, 66, (missing part 10)
    34. Jemma, 65, (missing part 10)
    35. Jo, 62, (missing part 10)
    36. Feather B, 61, (missing part 10)
    37. gerda, 61, (All 10 parts)
    38. LooC, 61, (missing parts 6 & 10)
    39. lovebites!!!!!!!!!!!, 61, (All 10 parts)
    40. K, 60, (missing part 10)
    41. Tired lover, 60, (missing part 10)
    42. Gabriel, 58, (All 10 parts)
    43. Sophie, 58, (missing parts 6,7,10)
    44. Mads, 53, (missing parts 4,5,6,10)
    45. Rebecca, 52, (missing part 10)
    46. asyousay, 51, (missing parts 7 & 10)
    47. whoyouarexo, 50, (missing part 10)
    48. Emma, 47, (missing part 10)
    49. Dessie, 45, (parts 1-5 only)
    50. Lurker, 42, (parts 1-5 only)

Additional scores, thank you all!:
    51. Diced okra , 40, (parts 1-5 only)
    52. lurkerer, 39, (parts 1-5 only)
    53. who me?, 32, (parts 1-4 only)
    54. lurkie, 30, (parts 4,5,7,8 only)
    55. -, 28, (parts 1-4 only)
    56. BugsBunny, 25, (parts 1,3,4,5)
    57. lm, 20, (parts 1 & 3 only)
    58. ellie, 19, (parts 7&9 only)
    59. ramona, 17, (parts 1&2 only)
    60. Mercs, 16, (parts 1&2 only)
    61. H, 15, (parts 1&2 only)
    62. 0, 14, (parts 5&6 only)
    63. xxx, 12, (parts 3&4 only)
    64. Linda, 11, (parts 1 & 2 only)
    65. Ginger, 10, (part 1 only)
    66. justme, 10, (part 9 only)
    67. m, 9, (part 9 only)
    68. __, 8, (parts 4&5 only)
    69. justlurkin, 8, (part 6 only)
    70. _, 8, (part 9 only)
    71. anon, 7, (part 1 only)
    72. H, 7, (part 1 only)
    73. Lexi, 6, (part 1 only)
    74. Rosie, 6, (part 1 only)
    75. '.', 6, (part 3 only)
    76. d, 6, (part 7 only)
    77. n, 6, (part 8 only)
    78. C, 5, (part 1 only)
    79. >.< , 5, (part 6 only)
    80. xo, 4, (part 2 only)
    81. tut, 4, (part 8 only)
    82. ', 3, (part 2 only)
    83. *, 3, (part 7 only)

Top 30 Results, counting parts 1-9 only, so scores out of 90:
    I know quite a few people were unable to submit part 10 (apologies, *shakes fist* at the software), so, for completeness, here are the Top 30 scores, when including parts 1-9 only (with part 10 discounted for everyone), to see any changes in results!..:
    1. kqv, 87
    2. Elphie, 83
    3. mt, 83
    4. Zoetje, 83
    5. JN, 81
    6. Teapot2, 81
    7. MsUnderstood, 81
    8. Cooookaaay, 80
    9. Jenn123, 79
    10. Lovesy, 78
    11. Carla, 77
    12. Cazza80, 77
    13. Laura, 77
    14. Sylae, 77
    15. clarkie, 76
    16. AlexinBrum, 75
    17. Karen b, 75
    18. ---, 74
    19. Starfish, 73
    20. LurkerBells, 72
    21. pinkteddy, 72
    22. Romeo, 72
    23. Sarah, 71
    24. Jodie, 70
    25. Mary, 70
    26. Chutneyed, 69
    27. KatrinaK, 69
    28. ardchoile, 67
    29. Flumps, 66
    30. Jemma, 65

Phew! Enjoy, I hope. Happy reminiscing. Thank you WFCTGIO! xx

Ps. now I'm well behind on your posts, a catch-up is needed, in time-honoured tradition...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amira really did provide us with much hilarity:

Glass!Smash/Jug!Slam

Then there was the infamous cockroach scream.

Next, we have the perfume spray.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    PMSL at these! How i've missed your wit MT :p

I wouldn't call it 'wit'... 'too much time on my hands' perhaps?

Okay, my favourite thing about the Syed wedding one is Christian barely mentions it. Seriously, whenever he brings it up (or, more likely, responds to Syed), he's like 'we can wait, it's fine :)', 'I don't want you putting yourself in danger :)' or 'are you sure this is what you want? :)' and Syed is like 'I DON'T CARE IF QADIM BREAKS MY RIBS, I WANT TO GET MARRIED NOW.'

So his later reaction to the wedding is cleverly foreshadowed. :) Also, Tumblr limits you to 10. There were probably more.

Also, if you want a laugh (or maybe I'm the only one who found it funny. Wouldn't be the first time) , watch the episode after Christian leaves in November 2011. Watch Syed's reaction when Amira asks if he thinks Christian is coming back. He's so sensitive to her, ha. He literally looks at her like she's stupid (which, to be fair... :sleep:).
    Amira really did provide us with much hilarity:

Glass!Smash/Jug!Slam

Then there was the infamous cockroach scream.

Next, we have the perfume spray.

I'd love to know what happened to Preeya's acting ability between leaving and coming back... Not that she was ever, like, fantastic, but she was decent. Then she came back and put in literally one decent performance (her exit episode) in six months and several subpar ones. edit: that glass!slam is truly a thing of beauty. Gutted it didn't get more used to represent shock in reaction to spoilers. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yooo.

I don't actually have anything right pretty or funny right now.

Just wanted to say hi.
  • Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK I have no idea what is currently being discussed - I am still reading bad spoilers/wheelie chair night and am actually crying with laughter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susan... just been thinking.. now that Christian is in Gran Canaria, he won't just be missing his Sy and his girl, but also Strictly nights.... And how is Syed going to cope during Strictly and GBBO without his man....??

I admit... I imagine him Miranda-style hugging cushions with Christian's photo on it :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call it 'wit'... 'too much time on my hands' perhaps?

Okay, my favourite thing about the Syed wedding one is Christian barely mentions it. Seriously, whenever he brings it up (or, more likely, responds to Syed), he's like 'we can wait, it's fine :)', 'I don't want you putting yourself in danger :)' or 'are you sure this is what you want? :)' and Syed is like 'I DON'T CARE IF QADIM BREAKS MY RIBS, I WANT TO GET MARRIED NOW.'

So his later reaction to the wedding is cleverly foreshadowed. :) Also, Tumblr limits you to 10. There were probably more.

Also, if you want a laugh (or maybe I'm the only one who found it funny. Wouldn't be the first time) , watch the episode after Christian leaves in November 2011. Watch Syed's reaction when Amira asks if he thinks Christian is coming back. He's so sensitive to her, ha. He literally looks at her like she's stupid (which, to be fair... :sleep:).

I'd love to know what happened to Preeya's acting ability between leaving and coming back... Not that she was ever, like, fantastic, but she was decent. Then she came back and put in literally one decent performance (her exit episode) in six months and several subpar ones.

BIB - This reminds me of the epic failing of the EE website a couple of weeks before this episode aired. All our little hearts broke over a leaked catch up clip.

Crotch!Sniff comes to mind. I never used to find her dramatic on her return (which i'm sure was the intention), i just found all her scenes hilarious. Don't for one minute think the writers served her very well. I seem to remember a personality change when she reappeared? :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sigh! Thank you for this reaction!!! :)
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking of thread memories, one of my favourite moments was when Sharon let slip about the bed scene :p Our reactions were priceless! :D

LOL this is a hilarious read! :D Thanks for the link.
    crazysusan wrote: »
    extreme homosexuality was like a gift, she was so funny..I wonder if she ever found out how much that phrase came to mean to us:D

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee extreme homosexuality

did someone swear and say BK...:sleep: I know he gave us the bed scene and that was such a gift, but really the man was overall a total disaster

I think it might have been a bloke actually, IIRC? :p

All the rest.....QFT :sleep:

I couldn't resist reading the thread from when we met Johnny, it's so funny and touching, so much joy, yet also so strange to read as it's sad that we thought things would be on the up and they'd get more screentime. :p..........:o

But still a wonderful read of an incredible moment. The moment news leaks of Marc being there starts on page 19 - link here.....http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1610908&page=19

I am going to read a bit of that too, and then I'll be back for NHB interview at - so excited for this! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha, thanks for posting this! I seem to remember pages and pages of this when the actual episode aired. We're such an intelligent and coherent bunch :p

Eta: Thanks for the quiz post Meg :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susan... just been thinking.. now that Christian is in Gran Canaria, he won't just be missing his Sy and his girl, but also Strictly nights.... And how is Syed going to cope during Strictly and GBBO without his man....??

I admit... I imagine him Miranda-style hugging cushions with Christian's photo on it :p:D

How do we know this? Has there been a mention? EE and I had a falling out about a year ago... we haven't spoken in a while. :D
    BIB - This reminds me of the epic failing of the EE website a couple of weeks before this episode aired. All our little hearts broke over a leaked catch up clip.

Crotch!Sniff comes to mind. I never used to find her dramatic on her return (which i'm sure was the intention), i just found all her scenes hilarious. Don't for one minute think the writers served her very well. I seem to remember a personality change when she reappeared? :sleep:

Oh, I remember that. I was crushed. :o It worked out all right, I guess, though, on that front. Syed putting his wedding ring back on is still my number-one most loathed moment, though. The exit storyline was typical EE guff, but that was just unbelievably bad and pointless.

Yeah, like, the reveal was exceptionally bad and I was shocked because Preeya had never been anywhere near that level of bad before and I was anticipating a good performance. But when she came back, that sort of level of acting was typical, though nothing quite reached the levels of the RB eps. Tbf, I wouldn't be putting my heart and soul into the sort of crap she had to act out either. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    KATRINAAAAAAAAAA! :D

What have you missed?
    Well, the launch of our charity auctions, a MQ fight rewatch, discussion about what Chryed are up to now (we agreed it was canon that they are my friends and neighbours and I babysit Yasmin on occasion. :sleep: ) and we are now in the midst of thread reminiscing.

Which is where I have disappeared to, because all these links also have links to other pages and pics and vids and I don't want to miss anything!

Now Alex, we know you disappeared to see Christian and Syed...and the 3 of you are reading all of this together sitting on the (replica) of real sofa!!! :D
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just say how fab it is to see so many old 'faces' on this thread and my freinds. :D I feel like I've gone back a year. :p
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    KATRINAAAAAAAAAA!

What have you missed?
    Well, the launch of our charity auctions, a MQ fight rewatch, discussion about what Chryed are up to now (we agreed it was canon that they are my friends and neighbours and I babysit Yasmin on occasion. ) and we are now in the midst of thread reminiscing.

Thanks for the run down Alex.

We're hardcore. :sleep: :cool:
    crazysusan wrote: »
    Hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:D

Hiya Katrina!

Just been having a look at the panto madness link that Jenn posted, and here is the exact page where our meeting of Johnny starts.....such great fun reading this.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1610908&page=8 Thread 237, near the bottom of page 8.

So strange to think this was many of us meeting each other as well, for the first time. :) Amazing. :D
    kqv wrote: »
    Hi Katrina, glad you are here!!! :)

Hello. :D

So many memories - that I would not change for anything.

This thread and fandom is still my favourite and best fan experience EVER! and the most hilarious one too. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is so what he is going to be doing, hugging a cushion with Christian's face on it.......

he has decided to record both and watch when again when Christian gets home............he may get a little emotional......watching his fav programmes with no Christian