Options

Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    You have mentioned this towel quite a few times now. You seem to be quite fond of it. I can't imagine why... ;)

Me neither :sleep: :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm off to get some lunch, but I thought I'd leave you with this.
    It's some New Chryed Fic!
    Although I'm posting it, I didn't write it. It was a birthday present from Lyra500, who has given me permission to share it with you all. Here it is! :)

Thank you Alex and Lyra :D loved it :D I can sense a strong friendship forming, lots of adventures to be had :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,326
    Forum Member
    Lol, omg, found them.

Valentine's Rhymes almost entirely composed from Danny's lines (some are mine, some are jenn's):

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ my eye is black/but I'm still thinking about you

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ you're damaged goods/ does that mean I get a discount on you?

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ have I misread the signals/ or do you want this too?

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ send me some wedding cake / since I ruined your stag do.

We clearly took this whole thing VERY seriously until the twist happened.
    LOL:D You both still took it more seriously than TPTB :sleep: /forever bitter
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we hadn't laughed, we would have cried.
    Some of us only cried. :sleep:

I wasn't even upset about it at all until the twist shite happened, honestly. I mean, it wasn't great but it could've been worse (was my logic at the time, and it turned out to be true).

Genuine message I wrote just after the episode:
    'Omg, tonight is over and it wasn't half-bad. And now we have so much to look forward to. The worst is over. /jinx'.

You can all hate me now.
  • Options
    ardchoileardchoile Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me neither :sleep: :D

Red towel pics will always be a thing of beauty and a joy forever.
  • Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "What do you believe in, Syeeeed?"

That for me is the key line. Gets him thinking. Not about what other people want, or what other people believe, or what he SHOULD do, but for once someone asking him directly what Syed himself actually believes.

And we all know what conclusion he came to... :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rome81 wrote: »
    Hello :)

Did I hear someone mention you posted a new fic?? Could I have a link please :D

Yes I'm too lazy to go look for it :sleep:

:o

Enjoy! :)http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8708333/34/Forever
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love that we now know Nick was looking up recipes for beef karahi as research. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ardchoile wrote: »

Marc looks UNBELIEVABLY good there.

Normally, I can take him or leave him :sleep:, but in that episode, holy crap.

Could've lived without the grandad shirt in the gay bar scenes. But towel and all black in one episode? How did we survive? Especially with Christian looking amazing too, and their chemistry somehow reaching yet another new high.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it should go without saying how DAMN FIT Syed is looking in this episode. :cool:

I am less fond of Christian's sweaty vest. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God I love this little speech from Zainab.

"All this, it was meant to be."

I have just got all choked up. Because this is how I feel about this fandom.
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mudsie wrote: »
    BIB Hi Starfish! Glad you mentioned this. I've always wondered about Christian's back story, from the time he left home until we first saw him in Jan. 08, about to marry Ashley. We know he was in love with Jane's husband, David, but what else? Where did he live all those years, what jobs did he have, what other relationships did he have (besides all the ONSs, lol). It always bugged me that in so many ways they made him into the stereotypical gay man, good at cooking, decorating, fashion, party planning, etc. Of course, a lot of the gay men I know would probably say that the stereotype is totally true, for Christian and for them, LOL. Anyway, some back story would have been nice, even if it was just information about how he supported himself all those years. More on Syed`s exile in Leeds would have been welcome, too.
    That having been said, I did like how we got to know Christian from Jan. 08, until Syed came into his life. Despite his party boy persona we slowly saw how he was lonely at times, how he probably really wanted a serious relationship and a family. Whenever I watch those early episodes, I think of what a great set up they were for Chryed.

It was really well set up from that point, I agree! :D Love all your list of questions, I'd love to have had even more explored. Still there is always fic, up to me to read it or write it, lol!
    Lol, omg, found them.

Valentine's Rhymes almost entirely composed from Danny's lines (some are mine, some are jenn's):

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ my eye is black/but I'm still thinking about you

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ you're damaged goods/ does that mean I get a discount on you?

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ have I misread the signals/ or do you want this too?

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ send me some wedding cake / since I ruined your stag do.

We clearly took this whole thing VERY seriously until the twist happened.

You are funny! Love your humour. I was ok too, was gutted with the twist but found the whole Danny episode before I knew rather bearable and rather ridiculous.

LOL :D

I'm watching Reunion! Up to Stringy Meat. Continuing.....:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was my take on it, which I must admit at the time I managed to make work for me (at a massive stretch) because I had to be able to make some sense out of it.:p

And I do think it's possible to interpret it like that. Doubt that was BK's thought though......and of course one of the things that makes it fall through is because

this had happened 2 years before.....

Which is a much loved scene and why we are all here. :D

Awwww! :)
    I always had the feeling that written down as a storyline it may have made some sense to them, with motives, build up, pressure etc, but crammed into a few episodes and coming out of nowhere it really, really was an epic fail.
    Syed should have stepped away from the Toilet Duck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. I am proper crying now. Good tears. I haven't watched it in so long, and it's just so beautiful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Nasty wrote: »
    Just watched all the NHB interviews, thank you so much Alex, Mercs and Dessie :) What a lovely man, so generous of him to give up his time to do that :) It's fascinating to get that kind of insight into the episodes and the whole process. I love his honesty too, and the fact it pretty much confirms my view that everything bad that ever happened wrt to Chryed is all Kirkwood's fault :sleep: I don't remember much about the DTW kiss episode (I've blocked it out *saying that a la Bobby in ACL* :p) but I'm glad you were able to reassure him that it wasn't his fault it wasn't believable:)

I still find it hilarious that he tried his utmost to destroy not one, but two, of your OTPs.

Then went back to HO and destroyed the OTP that destroyed your OTP. Lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ardchoile wrote: »

:D Stored in a corner of my girlish heart forever. Along with an intimidating hat.
  • Options
    rome81rome81 Posts: 4,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone in the mood for more fic?

If so, here's the new chapter of BTTB :)

Had to post one this weekend, didn't I :D

BTTB chapter 45

Hope you enjoy :)

Ooooh, I guess I know what I'll be doing next :D

Thank you!!
  • Options
    ardchoileardchoile Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marc looks UNBELIEVABLY good there.

Normally, I can take him or leave him :sleep:, but in that episode, holy crap.

Could've lived without the grandad shirt in the gay bar scenes. But towel and all black in one episode? How did we survive? Especially with Christian looking amazing too, and their chemistry somehow reaching yet another new high.

This was the one and only time for me. *fans self*

BIB: Totally this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I still find it hilarious that he tried his utmost to destroy not one, but two, of your OTPs.

Then went back to HO and destroyed the OTP that destroyed your OTP. Lol.
    Don't forget having Chryed break up and Christian leave on my birthday two years ago :sleep: I must have done something really awful to him in a former life :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awww reunion <3<3<3 That whole end bit is just beautiful. I remember being really pissed off when we found out there wasn't a kiss but it actually worked perfectly the way it was done. And of course they more than made up for it with the "other talents" kiss in the following episode :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rome81 wrote: »
    Anyone in the mood for more fic?

If so, here's the new chapter of BTTB :)

Had to post one this weekend, didn't I :D

BTTB chapter 45

Hope you enjoy :)

Ooooh, I guess I know what I'll be doing next :D

Thank you!!

HURRAH! :D
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished :D

So lovely, and I still don't notice the train, never do. Too busy waiting for the arm around Syed's shoulder. :) I love that walk off down the market at the end. So lovely how it was echoed in their final ever scene, love Pete for remembering that!

I've not watched in a long time....really like the little scene 'treat yourself' - Christian is so hurt and sarcastic and bitter. Angst but good angst, and totally realistic given everything that had gone on. Totally forgot this was the introduction of 'Abs-Acadabra' as well! :p So funny. And Jane sticking up for her brother, those were the days.....:p

Do love the pivotal scene in the kitchen when it finally all falls into place for Syed, and he has that lightbulb moment, of realising that he must accept himself, that he can be both things. Good and clever use of the idea of Zainab saying 'all this, it was meant to be'. :)

So sad that what Zainab and Masood are proud of is him living a lie, when he's about to do something really brave.

Love Mama Mia is playing in the background when Syed goes up to Christian outside the pub.....don't think I've ever noticed that before?

Really good, really enjoyed watching that. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so very much for these interviews, NBH is an adorable, thoughtful, intelligent man and writer. He really gave such an articulate and generous interview. Lovely man.

I have never thought Syed was weak, damaged and screwed up at times definately.

I loved so much that he hated the introduction of DTW, and was happy you lovely people made him realise that no one, even the great bard himself could have made this story arc make sense.

I feel privileged that he took the time to speak and I enjoyed it so very much...he is lovely and I want to thank him for the reunion episode, their reunion and how it played was how I felt it should run and he wrote one of my most adored episodes and I love him for it. I agree it could have run better, but I felt what we had was beautiful, in character and superbly written.

he hated DTW.....what a bloody star that man is:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Nasty wrote: »
    Awww reunion <3<3<3 That whole end bit is just beautiful. I remember being really pissed off when we found out there wasn't a kiss but it actually worked perfectly the way it was done. And of course they more than made up for it with the "other talents" kiss in the following episode :D

A kiss just wouldn't have fit, especially with Syed's parents watching.

Yeah, I never imagined we'd see kiss-with-tongue with Christian wearing nothing but a towel and Syed wearing boxers, especially the first day they got together.

Still needed a bed scene. :sleep:
  • Options
    kqvkqv Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Mudsie wrote: »
    ...Glad you mentioned this. I've always wondered about Christian's back story, from the time he left home until we first saw him in Jan. 08, about to marry Ashley. We know he was in love with Jane's husband, David, but what else? Where did he live all those years, what jobs did he have, what other relationships did he have (besides all the ONSs, lol). It always bugged me that in so many ways they made him into the stereotypical gay man, good at cooking, decorating, fashion, party planning, etc. Of course, a lot of the gay men I know would probably say that the stereotype is totally true, for Christian and for them, LOL. Anyway, some back story would have been nice, even if it was just information about how he supported himself all those years. More on Syed`s exile in Leeds would have been welcome, too.
    That having been said, I did like how we got to know Christian from Jan. 08, until Syed came into his life. Despite his party boy persona we slowly saw how he was lonely at times, how he probably really wanted a serious relationship and a family. Whenever I watch those early episodes, I think of what a great set up they were for Chryed.

BIB 1& 2: Love this post Mudsie in reply to Starfish's post...more backstory would have been welcome!

BIB 3: It was lovely for me to go back and see early Christian scenes....agree with you, they were a great set up for what was to come. :)