Options

Rebecca Ruled out of the trial on medical grounds........AGAIN

Comments

• Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Daisy_Duke wrote: »
    tough, we can't all be beautiful. .

Well I guess that's easy for Daisy Duke to say! Not everyone can carry off those hotpants you know... ;)

(I'm just kidding, I fully agree with your post!)
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Who cares. Unless she changes her name to Joey Essex she won't be picked to do the trial anyway.
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    Well I guess that's easy for Daisy Duke to say! Not everyone can carry off those hotpant you know... ;)

(I'm just kidding, I fully agree with your post!)

Haha!, Thanks :cool:
  • Options
    lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if there is any chance of her being in the very early stages of pregnancy? Just wondering.
  • Options
    hibbychubbshibbychubbs Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    AMS13 wrote: »
    Who ever devised the trials has gone for one that rules out certain medical conditions. Health and Safety would have said no. It is not her fault a section of trials are based on similar themes.

correct its not her asking not to do them... if the medical experts say no ITV must abide by that
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Some but I've lost track, are we up to 4 exemptions now and out of how many tasks?

this is her 3rd the upto your neck one, the live trial & tonights
    Kal_El wrote: »
    Sure is.

I for one would not go on a show like I'm a Celebrity expecting to be able to perform those tasks if I had asthma. I just would not agree to do it, because that would be the decent thing to do. Not just turn up, sit in a corner and take the fee.

Just sayin'.

so ITV come along to you and say the fee is say £80,000 for 3 weeks of employment you would say no ...really ...she won't know what trials shes exempt from ...i'd take the cash any day
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    lorry wrote: »
    I wonder if there is any chance of her being in the very early stages of pregnancy? Just wondering.

If she is they all need shooting - and that includes Rebecca herself, it would be insane:rolleyes:
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

That has been mentioned but would she seriously go in there if that was the case, surely not.
    this is her 3rd the upto your neck one, the live trial & tonights

Thanks, I got confused with the repeat of the live trial, just seem to keep hearing those words 'Rebecca will be exempt'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    If she is they all need shooting - and that includes Rebecca herself, it would be insane:rolleyes:

:D that too
  • Options
    lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Yes unless she's just late with her period this week.....in which case there would have been no reason to cancel as far as she knew.

Oh I'm probably completely wrong but it is a slight possibility I think.
  • Options
    TenesmusTenesmus Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    It never has been a "level playing field".
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kal_El wrote: »
    Sure is.

I for one would not go on a show like I'm a Celebrity expecting to be able to perform those tasks if I had asthma. I just would not agree to do it, because that would be the decent thing to do. Not just turn up, sit in a corner and take the fee.

Just sayin'.
    Since when has this show been the Olympics?

Have you never watched it before? People are expected to have a bit of a bitch, a bit of cry, have funny chats and the odd argument round a camp fire while the scaredy cat does a few trials.

She's doing EXACTLY what she's been paid to do on an entertainment reality show.

Lets not kid ourselves that the tasks are just a mild, vaguely entertaining 2 minute distraction from the real reason people watch these kind of shows.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, not being able to beathe easily must've been a real impediment when she swam all those lengths fast enough to beat the best swimmers in the world.
    I don't understand your point?

If Rebecca is asthmatic it's irrelevent if she swims the channel every weekend. If the show can't get insurance for somebody performing the task because of a condition, they're not going to be able to do it.

When people are excused for medical conditions it's usually because said medical condition has prevented them from being insured as opposed to their actual ability and capability to do it. That's just common sense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if it wasn't for the tampons it would be a very reasonable speculation.
    brumilad wrote: »
    I don't understand your point?

If Rebecca is asthmatic it's irrelevent if she swims the channel every weekend. If the show can't get insurance for somebody performing the task because of a condition, they're not going to be able to do it.

When people are excused for medical conditions it's usually because said medical condition has prevented them from being insured as opposed to their actual ability and capability to do it. That's just common sense.

That does sound sensible, yes.

Actually I should think the insurance is quite expensive for any of them. They take a bit of a risk every time they get a very unfit contestant to do something physically and emotionally stressful.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,749
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Who cares. Unless she changes her name to Joey Essex she won't be picked to do the trial anyway.

She hasn't been exempt from every trial so if people are so bothered about it why didn't they vote for her then and give Joey a break :confused:
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    I don't think it's quite as bad as you make out here. I fully take the point that if it is something personal or even just something she doesn't want disclosed she absolutely doesn't have any obligation to anyone.

Having said that I can also see how people may question why someone would be selected to go on this kind of show if they knew about this in advance.

None of this of course is Rebecca's fault, but I'd say it's fair enough to question the production team or people who cast her (unless this is something that has happened since she arrived), especially when half their money comes from people who phone vote celebs to do these trials.

I think the fact that she is an Olympic Gold medal athlete is actually WHY they are questioning her exemption, as opposed to say Biggins. In a way it's a compliment to her perceived sporting/ physical excellence and perhaps other peoples' keenness to see her smash some trials that adds to the speculation.

A broken arm or a person's advanced age would both be an obvious reason but when she 'appears' in excellent health, I can see how this might prick other people's curiosity even more.

Not saying it's right, just trying to explain why I don't think this thread is quite as 'venomous' as you say.

Good post. I think you're right that a key reason why people are questioning this is that she's an Olympic Gold medal athlete who appears to be in excellent health.

But I don't quite agree about the "doesn't have any obligation" part. Sure, Rebecca doesn't have an obligation to tell us, but the show kinda does. If it's a reason we can't be told, then I don't think she should be in the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She is possibly asthmatic which is not uncommon in sport.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/treatment_room/newsid_2340000/2340911.stm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    Good post. I think you're right that a key reason why people are questioning this is that she's an Olympic Gold medal athlete who appears to be in excellent health.

But I don't quite agree about the "doesn't have any obligation" part. Sure, Rebecca doesn't have an obligation to tell us, but the show kinda does. If it's a reason we can't be told, then I don't think she should be in the show.

I do wonder why they have not spread out the tasks that she can't do, it's nearly every other one right now. I hope they have not done that on purpose to cause a stir.
  • Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    She's worse than a benefits fraud. The DWP should be sent in to investigate and shame her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AA2009 wrote: »
    She's worse than a benefits fraud. The DWP should be sent in to investigate and shame her.

I'd go with trading standards, mis-sold, not fit for purpose.
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I do wonder why they have not spread out the tasks that she can't do, it's nearly every other one right now. I hope they have not done that on purpose to cause a stir.

That's not true, is it?

She's only been ruled out of:
    Trial #3 - Up To Your Neck In It
    Trial #8 - Critters Got Talent
    Trial #9 - In Cave Danger

Two in a row is hardly anything to make a fuss about. I honestly don't know why people are reacting the way they are over this.

A handful of posters who don't like Rebecca seemed to have made a big deal of it, creating the impression that she's been ruled out of them all so far - which clearly isn't the case - and now others are jumping on the bandwagon.

She's done just as many trials as eight others in there. Why haven't the others done more? They haven't been excluded and yet they've still only managed to do just as much as Rebecca?

They're so lazy, definitely don't deserve their fee.
  • Options
    b2sbaileyb2sbailey Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Found this on the I'm A Celeb Facebook page - 'Rebecca suffers from a severe case of claustrophobia which rules here out of any trail/challenges which are in small confined spaces. it was not her who decided she wasn't fit enough to compete in these trails but the medical staff behing the scenes'.

Which does beg the question Why go in there in the first place?

SB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    b2sbailey wrote: »
    Found this on the I'm A Celeb Facebook page - 'Rebecca suffers from a severe case of claustrophobia which rules here out of any trail/challenges which are in small confined spaces. it was not her who decided she wasn't fit enough to compete in these trails but the medical staff behing the scenes'.

SB.

For the same reason all the others went in there maybe?
  • Options
    hibbychubbshibbychubbs Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    b2sbailey wrote: »

SB.

i am on Rebeccas side as not her fault. but theres got to be more than the bold bit involved as she was not exempt from the trial joey did finding stars in the cave
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »
    That's not true, is it?

She's only been ruled out of:
    Trial #3 - Up To Your Neck In It
    Trial #8 - Critters Got Talent
    Trial #9 - In Cave Danger

Two in a row is hardly anything to make a fuss about. I honestly don't know why people are reacting the way they are over this.

A handful of posters who don't like Rebecca seemed to have made a big deal of it, creating the impression that she's been ruled out of them all so far - which clearly isn't the case - and now others are jumping on the bandwagon.

She's done just as many trials as eight others in there. Why haven't the others done more? They haven't been excluded and yet they've still only managed to do just as much as Rebecca?

They're so lazy, definitely don't deserve their fee.

Brilliant post. Agree 100%.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomorrows trial is the 400m breaststroke, if she's ruled out of that then I smell a rat :p