Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love these girls but the thought of a 7 hour marathon like 1D did sort of curdles my blood. (I'd say that of anybody)
  • Options
    Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    It's just like watching an hour-long launch party five times! :D

Like I say though, I only saw 15 minutes. If nobody can put together a highlights package then I'll make it my mission to write-up the best bits of the interview parts. I did some journalism training as part of my degree so I'm used to that sort of note-taking!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holte139 wrote: »
    It's just like watching an hour-long launch party five times! :D

Like I say though, I only saw 15 minutes. If nobody can put together a highlights package then I'll make it my mission to write-up the best bits of the interview parts. I did some journalism training as part of my degree so I'm used to that sort of note-taking!

I'm holding you to this! Sometimes when they talk too fast I have trouble understanding them. :o

On a completely OT thought: "Frozen" as its marketed here but to you its "The Snow Queen" (I think) sounds like its got hit all over it and Demi got to sing the big song out of it. I guess she gets to do it on her tour. I was thinking how great it would be for Little Mix to get something like that in the future. God knows they've been angling for a Disney connection forever.

Even more random: the personality dynamic on that tour is going to be very interesting. The lead act, Demi, who is the same age and slightly younger than half of Little Mix, has obviously seen a lot more of life than they have ("I didn't twerk, I just went to rehab"). The other act 5H is much younger. I wonder how they will all interact.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @LittleMixOffic 2h
    Looks like this cheeky little teddy has caused quite a fuss! No wedding bells for me just yet mixers �� sorry! xjadex pic.twitter.com/IxhQVNcZlz

https://twitter.com/LittleMixOffic/status/405131181814841344/photo/1
  • Options
    TheKnewbiesTheKnewbies Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    There could be a number of reasons for the poor sales generally:

1. Nobody has any money to buy what really is a luxury.
    2. The multiplicity of places that you can get hold of music - both legally & illegally is eventually going to take its toll on total sales..
    3. The poor quality and lack of originality in music at the moment is perhaps beginning to show. I must admit I am struggling to locate a decent record in my favourite genre of music. The Top 40 in the UK is full of samey unoriginal rubbish that pales against music around 10-15 years ago.

Or a combination of all 3 of course ...

Sites like You tube give instant and free access to all music out there. So why would anyone bother to pay. The reality is that I ( like most ) only ever buy tracks/ albums to support a particular artist. Sales are down 30% in the last 2 years and falling. A shame but inevitable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Holte139 wrote: »
    To any UK-based fans who don't know, over the Xmas period MTV Christmas will be showing a five-hour 'Happy Little Mixmas' special with a countdown of their favourite festive songs and them answering questions from fans.

Is this a LM only programme or are they only one of the guests? (I'm confused by the title sorry :o). Do you know what channel it is on Sky please?

edit: or do they have an online player which allows people to watch back the show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Hopefully Little Me is Radio 1's Track of The Day at some point.

There ya go!

@LittleMixOffic 13m
    #LittleMe is @BBCR1's #TrackOfTheDay! Take a photo of you Shazaming the track when you hear it ;) Mixers HQ x #Exciting #LittleMeOnRadio1
  • Options
    sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Good to see radio 1 backing them again, im sure it will get playlisted

I wonder what promo they have lined up, theyve used up live longue and XF for move but they still have all the chat shows hopefully they can get on their before the seasons finish.

Their sweat the small stuff appearence they filmed isnt being shown till next week!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gemma cairney just played it on R1,and got people to send in 3word reviews, 'destinys Chile esque' was one, overall it seemed to get a fairly positive response, only criticism she read out was, 'preffered last single' and 'bit too 90s', which Gemma responded with how can anything be too 90s :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The vast majority will "prefer the last single" I imagine, Move has been a true hit for them with really broad appeal. Thats why I worry about this single choice.

Tried doing a Twitter search for some reactions, but most people still seem to be referring to Move when they talk about LM's new song at the moment. Doesn't look to be any particularly negative ones yet though.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Gemma cairney just played it on R1,and got people to send in 3word reviews, 'destinys Chile esque' was one, overall it seemed to get a fairly positive response, only criticism she read out was, 'preffered last single' and 'bit too 90s', which Gemma responded with how can anything be too 90s :D

I think this is one of few songs that doesn't sound DC-esque?

I'd love for LM to cover Emotions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think this is one of few songs that doesn't sound DC-esque?

Wait till they hear boy! Now that us DC esque
  • Options
    Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    Is this a LM only programme or are they only one of the guests? (I'm confused by the title sorry :o). Do you know what channel it is on Sky please?

edit: or do they have an online player which allows people to watch back the show?

Yep, it's just five hours of pure Little Mix (and Christmas songs)! It'll be on MTV Christmas, 355 on Sky I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good reaction from capitalfm, always good when the radio DJs like what they are playing!

"@CapitalOfficial: It's @richclarke 'Cos it's amazing - i'm playing new @LittleMixOffic #LittleMe before 11and because I can - i'll stick on #Move as Well"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Tim_A wrote: »
    The vast majority will "prefer the last single" I imagine, Move has been a true hit for them with really broad appeal. Thats why I worry about this single choice.

Tried doing a Twitter search for some reactions, but most people still seem to be referring to Move when they talk about LM's new song at the moment. Doesn't look to be any particularly negative ones yet though.

But the majority of non fans don't even know there's a 2nd single yet. The promo has just started today, so I expect more people will pick it up in the next two weeks when promo starts kicking in.

@Holte139, thanks for that, I shall be watching it on my Sky :)
  • Options
    BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to the album again yesterday, I'm thinking 'competition' could have been a great second single.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bluestone wrote: »
    Listening to the album again yesterday, I'm thinking 'competition' could have been a great second single.

That and About The Boy. I'd chose one of those, especially the latter, over Salute any day of the week for the next single. Don't see the fuss about Salute, I think it's a bit cringe :o
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I'd love Competition to have a music video with Little Mix vs A fictional boyband/love interests and to be about competition in the music industry and charts.
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    in other news buzzjack are saying 1D has sold around 115k albums
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davem1234 wrote: »
    in other news buzzjack are saying 1D has sold around 115k albums

I have seen that as well. In one day, pretty incredible and just shows the massive gulf between them and anybody else around at the moment (apart from maybe Eminem). They announced a 20 date US stadium tour today as well. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen that as well. In one day, pretty incredible and just shows the massive gulf between them and anybody else around at the moment (apart from maybe Eminem). They announced a 20 date US stadium tour today as well. :eek:

It shows a dedicated fanbase. The hardcore dedication from them is unreal.
    I predict they will end around 160K-200K this week and will continue to sell all the way to Christmas

Lol, they will burn out with all this touring. But I guess that is how you make money these days
  • Options
    BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That and About The Boy. I'd chose one of those, especially the latter, over Salute any day of the week for the next single. Don't see the fuss about Salute, I think it's a bit cringe :o

Listen up we're looking for recruits! If you with me, lemme see your hands stand up and Salute!
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    It shows a dedicated fanbase. The hardcore dedication from them is unreal.
    I predict they will end around 160K-200K this week and will continue to sell all the way to Christmas

Lol, they will burn out with all this touring. But I guess that is how you make money these days

A stadium tour is shorter and involves less travelling so they will have more breaks in between shows presumably or they will do them close together and be able to have more time off between the tour and their album promotion. Their 100+ show tour only finished a few weeks ago and they are already travelling around promoting their album. Hopefully with a shorter tour they will get 1 month break to rest so a burnout doesn't happen.

edit: with simon being so close to 1D he probably would allow them an unscheduled break if he thought they were suffering under the workload. It would also be bad publicity for him if they did end up ill and since they're so big that would be a lot of bad publicity.
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone link me to the website posted a few pages back (can't find it!) to show how much radio play 'Little Me' is getting?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone link me to the website posted a few pages back (can't find it!) to show how much radio play 'Little Me' is getting?

http://comparemyradio.com/tracks/Little_Mix/Little_Me

http://ukairplaychart.com/uk/rolling_week/

^^Move is at #8
This discussion has been closed.