Options

Forum design feedback

Comments

• Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    foxy23 wrote: »
    I prefer it the way it was before. I have a basic phone, so it is a nightmare trying to even get on the forums section as I can't do drop-lists!!
    Its also mis-aligned now and too big for my screen - I have to keep reducing the font/screen size!!

Hope these are teething problems DS will sort out!!

On ipad you have to have the mobile version to read the whole posts, and that looks exactly like how basic phones look. Its like theyve taken a product from 2013 and made it suitable for products from the early 2000s.
  • Options
    000Mark000000Mark000 Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but more than 1 post per screen would be great. It would look almost like a dialogue.

How much did Hearst Magazines pay for this "improvement"? :D

The correct question is:
    How much do they pay their in-house monkeys?

I believe the correct answer will be published in the not-too-distant future, in a document which I believe is called, a P45.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tuned in this morning to see if it's any better

My main gripe has not been solved.......the right hand side of the page is missing and I can't read the whole post

There is no sideways scroll bar to get to the side of the page
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trying it again in this morning in Natural light. Makes no difference, I am struggling to read posts in normal text. The words are not defined enough, they blur into the background. When using Bold it's fine. My eyesight is fine and I don't need glasses but If this stays like this I will end up needing them as I can feel that it is straining my eyes reading posts. :(
  • Options
    PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    there is a lot wrong with this theme.

it should have been beta tested.

the basic colour scheme and layout is fine it just doesn't work very well. and is unusable on android.

It could even have been alpha tested, but it appears even that was too much trouble!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its too bright , it makes it very uncomfortable to read!
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you have a lot of services listed, the height has to accomm that!
  • Options
    albertdalbertd Posts: 14,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    At the foot of a thread there's an obvious button that says Add Reply, and then a little below that there are the words Quick Reply. However, Quick Reply doesn't seem to do anything and doesn't seem to have a box associated with it in which one could type a reply. (I'm using Firefox.)

Does Quick Reply actually let one type a quick reply or does it do nothing? Am I missing something obvious?
    On mine, the Quick Reply box is below the pink "Posting Tips" section with a "Post Quick Reply" button below that.
  • Options
    LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, it's making me feel travel/motion sick too. *barfs*
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Interesting that a new site is being set up as we speak with the aim of getting people from here who hate the layout to join them...
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tbh i couldnt care less about the colour...

but ive either got black on the right that cuts off 10% of the page... or on other threads its a white area on the left that cuts off 10%. but no quote, reply, bar thing on the bottom, gaps between posts/threads.

its unusable.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time on since Friday so taken aback. OK - a) it's new, and there's always a familiarisation period, b) I'm ancient and less open to change and c) the old DS was looking a bit dowdy.

However...this is AWFUL. It might look cool and minimalist, but for someone like me with a squint that makes screen usage tiresome at the best of time, the huge amount of unfilled space makes it a total nightmare.

I'm not being a comfort zone merchant, but please look at condensing the content to make browsing easier and use more contrast in the colours. It's just terrible as it is.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    should We All Type Like This Until It Changes? Its A Bt Easier To Read.

eDIT, OH I TRIED TO TYPE IN CAPITALS BUT IT CHANGED IT TO LOWER CASE :( BUGGER.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reading this thread last night it
    seems like about half of members
    can't see the right hand side
    of the page

Could we have a gentleman's
    agreement that everybody only
    types half a dozen words per
    line so the whole post is on
    the left hand side of the page

Maybe add it to the Terms And Conditions......:cool:

^^^^^^^^

like this !
  • Options
    s2ks2k Posts: 7,423
    Forum Member
    The "forum jump" option seems to be miles away now. Can this not be bumped up?
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    It's weird, I feel as if I'm trapped on this thread, all the others are still going on and I usually flit around many of them like a butterfly, but it all seems so much effort now, that things are passing me by and I just stay here.

Anyone else feel the same?
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they'll have the usual designers lying to management meeting this morning.

"Overall the roll-out was a success. Forum usage was up 60% overnight!"

[they won't mention it was 95% people screaming they were blind]
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    so the theme is a work in progress.

why do we all have to use it then. it simply doesn't ****ing work. basic problems.
  • Options
    *animasana**animasana* Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My last whinge, after which I'll bugger off because I'm really fed up with this crappy layout: Is anyone else finding it hard to read the members' names, now they're blue?
  • Options
    000Mark000000Mark000 Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    am I the only one who thinks it ok?

No! There was somebody who liked it last night, on about page 40-something. But since then, likers have been few and far between!
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice of the Mods to come on here and comment....
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Over 2,600 comments and I think maybe about 3 have been positive......
  • Options
    PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's weird, I feel as if I'm trapped on this thread, all the others are still going on and I usually flit around many of them like a butterfly, but it all seems so much effort now, that things are passing me by and I just stay here.

Anyone else feel the same?

Exactly! [Smiley Face]
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    should We All Type Like This Until It Changes? Its A Bt Easier To Read.

eDIT, OH I TRIED TO TYPE IN CAPITALS BUT IT CHANGED IT TO LOWER CASE :( BUGGER.
    Yes, I tried that and curiously, the first capital letter comes out in lower case.

I'm henceforth doing all my posts in bold, not because I'm scared of not being noticed, but just so that I can see the damned things!
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Over 2,600 comments and I think maybe about 3 have been positive......

I'd bet you a green smiley that those messages will be front and centre of the Tuesday Morning Review meeting.
This discussion has been closed.